Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

Oh, I basically read all the story in 2 days. Very good story there, I'm looking foward to an eventual sequel. Strange, but at the end I was kinda hoping that somehow Eric would get some kind of absolution.

B) ........Well I've got Eric's absolution waiting for him :devil:

• Site Administrator
The End... ?

This has been mentioned before. The new eFiction software puts that on the end automatically. I personally don't like it as it creates confusion about if something really is the end. It even causes more confusion when it appears immediately after a cliffhanger chapter ending.

Oh, I basically read all the story in 2 days. Very good story there, I'm looking foward to an eventual sequel. Strange, but at the end I was kinda hoping that somehow Eric would get some kind of absolution.

Thanks FrenchCanadian! He did, sort of. :)

The End... ?

Does the ? means there will be a follow up ?

If yes...whoopee :lol:

Yep, though not for a few months. :)

B) ........Well I've got Eric's absolution waiting for him :devil:

You still don't like sweet, lovable eric? 0:)

This has been mentioned before. The new eFiction software puts that on the end automatically. I personally don't like it as it creates confusion about if something really is the end. It even causes more confusion when it appears immediately after a cliffhanger chapter ending.

Very true, and I agree. However, in this case the fault in mine; I ended the epiloge (which appears only on my hosted site) with

"The End... ?"

The eFiction chapter ending is "The End.. Maybe?" I don't like it either, but it's part of the software.

However, there are no worries regarding my stories and your last point regarding cliffhanger endings; as we all know, I never use cliffhangers. :P

• 4 months later...

I just spend a weekend reading "For the Love"... and now its clear why CJ is the "Cliffhanger Queen". Soooooo mean ! Almost didn't get any sleep.

Well, that says it all. Very catching story. Very bad cliffhangers. I really hope to read more from you CJ ! It's definitley addictive ;)

I just spend a weekend reading "For the Love"... and now its clear why CJ is the "Cliffhanger Queen". Soooooo mean ! Almost didn't get any sleep.

Well, that says it all. Very catching story. Very bad cliffhangers. I really hope to read more from you CJ ! It's definitley addictive ;)

I had a similar experience when I read it. CJ still denies using cliffhangers while accusing me of doing the same. <sigh>

Thank you!!

This was my first try at writing a serial, so I made a lot of mistakes along the way. In some cases I had to go to extremes (becuase it was first-person) to get Chris into places where he could find out things. It was a lot of fun to write. I do plan a sequel, so the Charger will ride again (General Lee air-horn and all). :) .

How did you like the ending? HAving Eric, who did some not-so-nice things during the story, turn out to be a hero of sorts (though his motives were open for debate in some cases) and ride off into the sunset with the $$$ was controversial. Eric, who everyone seemed to love to hate, ended up saving them all.

But what? Cliffhangers? Me? 0:)

I had a similar experience when I read it. CJ still denies using cliffhangers while accusing me of doing the same. <sigh>

Ahhem! I, unlike you, never use cliffhangers.

Eventually we will know who the King is.

We already do... Shadowgod. If you doubt me, go read his story Living in Surreality. Then, hang on tight, he has some doozies, but the most masterful of all is in Chapter 26.

Thank you!!

This was my first try at writing a serial, so I made a lot of mistakes along the way. In some cases I had to go to extremes (becuase it was first-person) to get Chris into places where he could find out things. It was a lot of fun to write. I do plan a sequel, so the Charger will ride again (General Lee air-horn and all). :) .

How did you like the ending? HAving Eric, who did some not-so-nice things during the story, turn out to be a hero of sorts (though his motives were open for debate in some cases) and ride off into the sunset with the $$$ was controversial. Eric, who everyone seemed to love to hate, ended up saving them all.

We already do... Shadowgod. If you doubt me, go read his story Living in Surreality. Then, hang on tight, he has some doozies, but the most masterful of all is in Chapter 26.

Notice how he hangs on to 26 with all his might? ... what was the other... Oh YEAH! the lemonade cliffhanger :mellow:

Notice how he hangs on to 26 with all his might? ... what was the other... Oh YEAH! the lemonade cliffhanger :mellow:

Ha! Oh no you don't! There was the locker incident, and the phone call, and the "come on up", and several others.

Hrmmm, I've been meaning to re-read LiS... So, I can prepare a nice list for your forum. All in the interests of fairness, of course, and also paying rightful homage to the King of Eeevil Cliffhangers. :P

I never said that I don't. However, you seem to enjoy denying the fact that you love creating evil cliffhangers. Hmmmmm I seem to recall somebody have "Queen of Evil Cliffhangers" on his member profile. Who might that be?

Oh now I remember! It was you! :lol:

• Site Administrator

Well let's just face the facts CJ....The numbers are against you!!!

Let's just hypothetically say that 1 out of every 2 chapters that you post in your serials ends in a cliffhanger. Sometimes it is 2 out of 2, sometimes it is 1 out of 3, so we'll just average out with 1 out of 2.

This means between FTL and LTMP, you have a combined total of 60 chapters. Thus meaning you have on average left your readers hanging 30 times. :o

Now even the most gullible of souls would never say that Shadowgod would use cliffhangers at the rate of 50%. But for the sake of argument, let's say that in some strange universe (that you may actually be part of) that he did (sorry Steve, just making a point here :/ ).

He has a combined total of 34 chapters between SoB, LiS, and DCW of 34 chapters. Using the same rate, it meant he has left us hypothetically hanging 17 times.

This means you leave your readers hanging nearly twice as much as Shadowgod :D .

The numbers don't lie.

Steve B)

I never said that I don't. However, you seem to enjoy denying the fact that you love creating evil cliffhangers. Hmmmmm I seem to recall somebody have "Queen of Evil Cliffhangers" on his member profile. Who might that be?

Oh now I remember! It was you! :lol:

Yes, courtesy of Joe! :P

However, you might also note that Shadowgod had "King of Evil Cliffhangers" in his profile for a much longer period of time.

:)

Well let's just face the facts CJ....The numbers are against you!!!

Let's just hypothetically say that 1 out of every 2 chapters that you post in your serials ends in a cliffhanger. Sometimes it is 2 out of 2, sometimes it is 1 out of 3, so we'll just average out with 1 out of 2.

This means between FTL and LTMP, you have a combined total of 60 chapters. Thus meaning you have on average left your readers hanging 30 times. :o

Now even the most gullible of souls would never say that Shadowgod would use cliffhangers at the rate of 50%. But for the sake of argument, let's say that in some strange universe (that you may actually be part of) that he did (sorry Steve, just making a point here :/ ).

He has a combined total of 34 chapters between SoB, LiS, and DCW of 34 chapters. Using the same rate, it meant he has left us hypothetically hanging 17 times.

This means you leave your readers hanging nearly twice as much as Shadowgod :D .

The numbers don't lie.

Steve B)

Now, now, Steve, No one, least of all I, is suggesting that Shadowgod uses too many cliffhangers! The reason that he is the King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers is the devastating power of his cliffhangers! I only count 13 in LiS, but here is a comprehensive list, complete with quotes, of his most devastating cliffhangers in LiS.

It's not about the numbers. And besides, my number would be zero: I never use cliffhangers. (though, of course, this does not include the ones that Shadowgod may add in the Beta, so if you see Cliffies in my stories, then you need to add those to his total.)

:):P

Yes, courtesy of Joe! :P

:):P

He added that tidbit with good reason. You are, in fact, the Queen of Evil Cliffhangers. Perhaps, if you took some to harness your cliffhanging powers, you could match the king himself. Here is some proof that you do in fact, use cliffhangers. The evidence speaks for itself. Maybe you had to seek Steve's advice, but I have no doubt that it was in fact your idea in the first place.

He added that tidbit with good reason. You are, in fact, the Queen of Evil Cliffhangers. Perhaps, if you took some to harness your cliffhanging powers, you could match the king himself. Here is some proof that you do in fact, use cliffhangers. The evidence speaks for itself. Maybe you had to seek Steve's advice, but I have no doubt that it was in fact your idea in the first place.

he by far out does me. As much as I would love to take credit for what he does to his readers (it must be working he has one of the MOST POPULAR forums on GA)

Thank you!!

How did you like the ending? HAving Eric, who did some not-so-nice things during the story, turn out to be a hero of sorts (though his motives were open for debate in some cases) and ride off into the sunset with the $$ was controversial. Eric, who everyone seemed to love to hate, ended up saving them all.

Yes, i noticed your writing did improve quite a bit through the chapters of this... i noticed some phrasings at the beginning that i am sure you wouldn't use now.. but for a first try it definitely is awesome !

Somehow i suspected that Eric would have some good sides to him, even though you made sure he did look like a all-bad guy :) . Well, his motive was basically selfish.. but the "side effects" at least were nice.. and somebody had to turn up to save them all.. we all love happy ends, don't we :P .

I am really looking forward to the sequel - despite the to-be-expected evil cliffhangers ;)

Yes, i noticed your writing did improve quite a bit through the chapters of this... i noticed some phrasings at the beginning that i am sure you wouldn't use now.. but for a first try it definitely is awesome !

Somehow i suspected that Eric would have some good sides to him, even though you made sure he did look like a all-bad guy :) . Well, his motive was basically selfish.. but the "side effects" at least were nice.. and somebody had to turn up to save them all.. we all love happy ends, don't we :P .

I am really looking forward to the sequel - despite the to-be-expected evil cliffhangers ;)

The story definitely needs a sequel. I happen to think Eric still has his dark side. Perhaps, he'll embrace it. :P

The story definitely needs a sequel. I happen to think Eric still has his dark side. Perhaps, he'll embrace it. :P

I agree, Eric is still on the dark side.. his motives were selfish.. and the last we heard was that he is a TV preacher now (IMHO thats absolutely on the dark side :P ).

Yea, there is still a lot to tell i think ;) But CJ already promised a sequel, didnt he :) :)

I agree, Eric is still on the dark side.. his motives were selfish.. and the last we heard was that he is a TV preacher now (IMHO thats absolutely on the dark side :P ).

Yea, there is still a lot to tell i think ;) But CJ already promised a sequel, didnt he :) :)

I'm not sure if he promised a sequel or not, but tv preachers are definitely evil. I forgot his name, but one of them loves talking bad about us, at least until he hires hustlers. :lmao: That would be a good twist, CJ. ;)

I'm not sure if he promised a sequel or not, but tv preachers are definitely evil. I forgot his name, but one of them loves talking bad about us, at least until he hires hustlers. :lmao: That would be a good twist, CJ. ;)

He who's never preached uppity righteousness while getting the services of male prostitutes, let him cast the first stone.

And he who's never shot pictures of his siblings having sex with intent to sell, dealt drugs, attempted to repeat Cain's feat several times, conspired with the scummiest villains in town, let him be featured in a story by CJ. This will teach him.

B) ..........Oh, he definately promised us a sequel, and I don't see that "Eric" portraying one those tv "preachers", we have come to know and love in the tabloids, however he is evil!!

• Site Administrator

Yea, there is still a lot to tell i think ;) But CJ already promised a sequel, didnt he :):)

He who's never preached uppity righteousness while getting the services of male prostitutes, let him cast the first stone.

And he who's never shot pictures of his siblings having sex with intent to sell, dealt drugs, attempted to repeat Cain's feat several times, conspired with the scummiest villains in town, let him be featured in a story by CJ. This will teach him.

I still can't believe the negative feelings towards the hero of the story :o

Yes, Eric was probably looking at things sometimes in a selfish way, but what teenager doesn't and can be realistic? I think there was a lot of good in Eric, you just had to look for them in the right places.

But I know I'll never change anyone's opinion on poor misunderstood Eric :P . He still is, always was, and always will be my hero in FTL.

Steve B)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..