Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

What a fitting post for the 1500th post in this thread AND CJ's 4190th post in the forum. Congratulations to the postingest lurker in the world! :lol:

God... who would of ever thought.. eric? Shessh...

I loved the ending CJ it was super great job, Now work on Let The Music Play My writing slave!!! muwahahaha

-LC

God... who would of ever thought.. eric? Shessh...

I loved the ending CJ it was super great job, Now work on Let The Music Play My writing slave!!! muwahahaha

-LC

I think there is a goat sacrifice in order... :mace:

• Site Administrator
**Opens the envelope**

Drat! it wasn't, Mr Williams, in the mine, with the candlestick.

You got everything right except the candlestick, so don't feel too bad. :lol:

• Site Administrator
What the f...? The weaselly Russian had me transfer $5,000 for providing my target with sexual favors? Where are honest, hard-working hitmen when you need them? I'll have to change my contacts again!

Well, Emoe & Ieshwar, thanks for wishing me the best. This is quite needed in this thread full of evil Arizonians.

Hey Bondwriter, I like to usually check into people and places where I'd drop 5 grand. So....if you open a new browser window and type in hitmen dot com, you will see the errors in your ways :D . $5,000....Wow

CJ, I loved the final chapter and epilogue :worship: . What a great way to finish up a great story.

The one line from my favourite character, to be left unnamed :P , "I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy" had me howling with laughter.

From the epilogue, I took it that the story was somewhat a mask for being a biography of Blackheart's life. Very interesting on how you managed to work that into the story :D .

Once again, great story, great finish, and a great way to start your hosted page!

Steve

• Site Moderator

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!

It did turn out to be Eric who shot the Sheriff, and not the deputy. I had to laugh at that one. That was one nice story.

Now you know why I was making the swelled head comments. I was saying something without saying something.

Jan

**Opens the envelope**

I laughed out loud when I read that one!

It was Eric, in the mine, with the rock!

The one line from my favourite character, to be left unnamed :P , "I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy" had me howling with laughter.

I enjoyed that one as well when I saw it. It struck me as incongruous at that point in the story but it was too funny not to include.

I think there is a goat sacrifice in order... :mace:

Awww... But Aillie, somebody had to ride off into the sunset, didn't they? 0:)

**Opens the envelope**

ROFL! Well, technically it was: Eric still carries the Williams last name, so he could be addressed as "Mr. Williams". 0:)

No candlestick though. :P

Hey Bondwriter, I like to usually check into people and places where I'd drop 5 grand. So....if you open a new browser window and type in hitmen dot com, you will see the errors in your ways :D . $5,000....Wow

CJ, I loved the final chapter and epilogue :worship: . What a great way to finish up a great story.

From the epilogue, I took it that the story was somewhat a mask for being a biography of Blackheart's life. Very interesting on how you managed to work that into the story :D .

Once again, great story, great finish, and a great way to start your hosted page!

Steve

Thanks Steve! I'm going to miss that story.... It was a fun one to write.

And I'm glad that you liked the ending... My favorite part was writing a literal "riding off into the sunset" scene. :devil:

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!

It did turn out to be Eric who shot the Sheriff, and not the deputy. I had to laugh at that one. That was one nice story.

Now you know why I was making the swelled head comments. I was saying something without saying something.

Jan

Yep, good predictions Jan! I guess the sheriff's head did swell, before it exploded. LoL

It was a bit of a bloody scene at the mine; The Sheriff and three of his four henchmen dead. One killed by Chris, one killed by Veronica, and two killed by Eric.

I think my favorite line was "Smiling, I nodded, as Steve took one more look at Eric before asking,

I've often said that there's nothing more irritating than a goat who gloats. :P But what the heck, here goes anyway. :lol:

na na na na na na! (it sounded better in my head :blink: )

Pro-Eric fans everywhere can now stand proud for their steadfast choice to remain loyal to this fine young lad! B) Look at him now! A man of the cloth! 0:)

For some reason, I had pictured Betty as being much older than our star characters, including Dex. Nonetheless, their marriage was a sweet surprise! :wub: Anyone want to take a guess as to what Dex asked Betty for as a wedding present? :devil:

The "I shot the sheriff..." line was sheer brillance. :lmao: It came out of left field and hit me right between the eyes.

I love happy endings. :wub: Thanks for the ride, CJ. It was great! :2thumbs:

Conner

OK, so all the pro-Ericers had their little moment of glory, and I now stand humbled because he happens to save the lives of many. I have to admit defeat and apologize for all the nasty things I said about Eric. It would be good if Chris did too, since he strongly led us into believing Eric was unredeemable. I'd say the little good he had in him eventually was brought to life. And some obvious self-interest at getting out of the mess he'd gotten into to follow higher spiritual callings. It seems evangelism is in the genes after all.

Fine ending. In your footnotes, the following caught my eyes:

thank you to Captain Rick, for his help with this and upcoming chapters.

Does this mean there will be more chapters of For the Love, as another great marketing ploy?

• Site Administrator
Pro-Eric fans everywhere can now stand proud for their steadfast choice to remain loyal to this fine young lad!
OK, so all the pro-Ericers had their little moment of glory, and I now stand humbled because he happens to save the lives of many. I have to admit defeat and apologize for all the nasty things I said about Eric.

Pardon? :blink:

Are we talking about Eric? The young man who murdered his uncle, stole his father's car, ran off with a suitcase full of money and forced our heroes (Chris and Steve) into a criminal act (aiding and abetting a fugitive) -- and that's just in the last two chapters! (I say two, because I'm sure someone will point out that technically, Eric murdered his uncle in chapter 37, not 38). I think this last chapter shows exactly how bad he really is.

As for the epilogue -- he is obviously a man who follows in the footsteps of his father, and we know exactly what sort of criminal he turned out to be.

I think these last two chapters prove beyond reasonable doubt that Eric is not a nice person.

Are we talking about Eric? The young man who murdered his uncle, stole his father's car, ran off with a suitcase full of money and forced our heroes (Chris and Steve) into a criminal act (aiding and abetting a fugitive) -- and that's just in the last two chapters! (I say two, because I'm sure someone will point out that technically, Eric murdered his uncle in chapter 37, not 38). I think this last chapter shows exactly how bad he really is.

As for the epilogue -- he is obviously a man who follows in the footsteps of his father, and we know exactly what sort of criminal he turned out to be.

I think these last two chapters prove beyond reasonable doubt that Eric is not a nice person.

:mellow: but he found God in the end, yeah so it happened to be printed on several bills of the unmarked variety but he still found God

I've often said that there's nothing more irritating than a goat who gloats. :P But what the heck, here goes anyway. :lol:

na na na na na na! (it sounded better in my head

Pro-Eric fans everywhere can now stand proud for their steadfast choice to remain loyal to this fine young lad! B) Look at him now! A man of the cloth!

For some reason, I had pictured Betty as being much older than our star characters, including Dex. Nonetheless, their marriage was a sweet surprise!

I always knew he'd grow up to be a Televangelist. 0:)

All jokes aside, the epilogue was the first thing I wrote for FTL, several years ago. In it, Eric was a televangelist, and those parts of the epilogue survived basically intact, along with Chris and Steve seeing him on TV in their place, Steve in the shower, etc, etc.

As I've so often said, poor, misunderstood Eric. 0:)

You are quite right, Betty is portrayed as in her 30's, Dex is (although not specified) in his early 20's.

Glad you liked it Conner; it was a happier ending than it looked to be at the end of 37, with Steve's execution and Chris' about to follow. (I blame Shadowgod for that, ya know 0:) ).

OK, so all the pro-Ericers had their little moment of glory, and I now stand humbled because he happens to save the lives of many. I have to admit defeat and apologize for all the nasty things I said about Eric. It would be good if Chris did too, since he strongly led us into believing Eric was unredeemable. I'd say the little good he had in him eventually was brought to life. And some obvious self-interest at getting out of the mess he'd gotten into to follow higher spiritual callings. It seems evangelism is in the genes after all.

Fine ending. In your footnotes, the following caught my eyes:

Does this mean there will be more chapters of For the Love, as another great marketing ploy?

Eric did save them all, though in the Epilogue Steve expresses uncertainly regarding Eric. As for Eric, and whether he really has changed or not, we'll just have to wait and find out. I'm not entirely sure myself, to be honest. FTL was really about the confrontation with the ring led by Thadeus and the Sheriff, which is now quite over.

Awww, Graeme, Eric killed his uncle to save his brother. And Eric has long admitted to a love of money, and indeed, in this case he needed it. Eric also put his life on the line to gun down those last two goons (though, quite coincidentally, that was where the money was kept, and he needed the sheriff's keys to unlock it).

However, once he had the money, he did stop to see Veronica released, and Veronica said he'd tried to free her. You were right in your comment about picking locks; he tried, but apparently he's not good at it. Heck, I can pick a lock, given some improvised tools and lot of time; it's not hard. But it takes time.

Eric even stopped by to see Steve again, before leaving. He didn't have to. I think he had some real regrets, even if, as he himself says, he's not a saint.

Poor, misunderstood Eric. :boy:

:mellow: but he found God in the end, yeah so it happened to be printed on several bills of the unmarked variety but he still found God

Ah yes, He found "In God, We Trust". I think he also found Benjamin Franklin.

(note to the non-US readers: "In God, We Trust" appears on US currency, and Benjamin fRanklin is on the $100 bill, the largest US banknote in circulation.)

I guess my "prayers" for Eric's death failed miserably. :blink:

Good work! :P

Thanks Jack!

OK, Bondwriter, you asked about more FTL: There isn't any. The Epilogue is the end of the story entitled "For The Love".

However, there's a question mark after "The End". There probably shouldn't be, becuase it is the end of this story. However, the epilogue sets up a few things for the future of these characters. Yep, I'm planning a sequel. It won't be soon, but it will likely begin this year. I have two other novels I need to finish first. :)

• Site Administrator

Okay, so now I'm beginning to wonder if this whole CJames=Shadowgod thingy may have some weight to it. First we have:

However, there's a question mark after "The End". There probably shouldn't be, because it is the end of this story. However, the epilogue sets up a few things for the future of these characters. Yep, I'm planning a sequel. It won't be soon, but it will likely begin this year. I have two other novels I need to finish first. :)

Then we also have:

Looking up from the keyboard, Dex
Okay, so now I'm beginning to wonder if this whole CJames=Shadowgod thingy may have some weight to it. First we have:

Then we also have:

And, since Shadowgod does have two unfinished novels on the go....

I'm beginning to see something going on here B) .

Care to comment CJ or Shadowgod????

Steve

AHEM... One...

My comment would be that Blackheart's brain injury may have left him unable to count.

0:)

As for me, the two unfinished novels are: "Let the Music Play", which I'm currently posting, and "Skyfire", which will begin before the fall.

"Skyfire" is sci-fi, but what's called "hard" sci fi (a very misleading descriptor in a gay context) in that it uses extrapolations of current physics theories and technology. I plan on running "Skyfire" and "Let the Music Play" side-by-side.

• Site Moderator

Now that CJ's first story is done and he's now hosted, it's party time. Last night I heard of the perfect Ice Cream to be served. It's called La Loo AND it's made from Goat's Milk.

Jan

Wow, that's a great ending. It's suitable for a really enjoyable and good story like FTL. This was a great read, CJ! Thanks for writing this. :)

And a thanks to Francois too. Thanks to him, Yuri managed to convince CJ and save our very dear Steve! Yuri may be whore but he managed to cnvince CJ. Though we were not thinking of this method... :P

As for the Eric part, I still don't change my opinion about him. He's a git and will be a git. Ok, he saved Steve so I say he's a little git. I mean, CJ circumvent the problem very well by introducing the drug things. But this doesn't mean I'll be going and hugging Eric. I haven't forgot his episode at the stake-out! :angry:

Great Story, CJ! :worship:

Take care,

Ieshwar

I think there is a goat sacrifice in order... :mace: Awww... But Aillie, somebody had to ride off into the sunset, didn't they? 0:)

:angry::angry::angry: .......Somehow a goat sacrifice won't erase Eric's sunset ride

Poor, misunderstood Eric. :boy:

B)......actually, I think I understand the creep very well! He did after all save his ass, and being the "savior" only worked out to his advantage. How could our hero's say anything without admitting to helping a wanted criminal escape. Then of course poor misunderstood Eric didn't seem to flinch when he killed.

B) .........Very nicely done CJ, a bit of evil but nicely done!!

Edited by Benji

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..