Jump to content
    AC Benus
  • Author
  • 253 Words
  • 1,174 Views
  • 8 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

One Hundred and Fifty-Five Sonnets - 14. cliché…?

.

Sonnet No. 27

 

To think that you in your sadness welter –

As if through it you had to go alone,

When all the time I would provide shelter –

Makes me wail like a penitent's atone.

You think of yourself as a two-wheeled cart

Where one axle is resting on the ground,

And the more you pull the more it will start

To scrape and cry and make a terrible sound.

But what you don't know, what you do not feel,

Is me on the other end lifting up,

Like a mother hefting a car of steel,

So that her trapped child can crawl and get up.

If you trust me, I will halve your burden,

So you'll never have to wallow again.

 

 

Sonnet No. 28

 

How I long to create the simple phrase –

"Compare thee to a Summer's Day," or then

"Some Glory their Birth; Some their Skill" amaze –

So that all can know I love you from my pen.

I long to draft that perfect line they will

Quote and read and whisper to their loved one

In all attempt serious to fulfill

The debt of love their beloved has begun.

In some time with "Those Darling Buds of May"

Other eyes and other hearts will quote you

As dimly reflected in what I say,

In my attempts to render you life-true.

Better than any Summer's day will be,

The future that quotes my dear love of thee.

 

 

_

Copyright © 2018 AC Benus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

In each of these, you write as if you speak directly to me. I feel as if you have written these to make my heart hear them. This is an incredible gift, and these two sonnets are the fruit of your talents...and we are all the richer...at least, I feel that way!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Parker is right. These are gifts and while you long to create a perfect line, you miss the fact that your sonnets are truly treasures.
These are beautiful, heart felt testaments of the love you felt for this very very lucky man.
tim

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Two love poems from two different perspectives, each a cliché?

 

Sorry, that's about as far as I dare allow my un-poetic mind wander into these without causing damage.

 

But I did love them. No damage there!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/24/2016 07:07 AM, Parker Owens said:

In each of these, you write as if you speak directly to me. I feel as if you have written these to make my heart hear them. This is an incredible gift, and these two sonnets are the fruit of your talents...and we are all the richer...at least, I feel that way!

That's a very fine and beautiful compliment, Parker. Thank you. That's how I feel when I read the W. H. Sonnets, so that's awesome feedback.

 

You support always buoys me up, and I am grateful.

Link to comment
On 05/24/2016 07:17 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Parker is right. These are gifts and while you long to create a perfect line, you miss the fact that your sonnets are truly treasures.

These are beautiful, heart felt testaments of the love you felt for this very very lucky man.

tim

Thanks for a great review, Tim. Writing is hard work, and perfection seems only an illusion, but we must press on (if that is our goal). I think you get that, and I thank you again for your encouragement and support of my efforts. :)

Link to comment
On 05/24/2016 08:13 AM, skinnydragon said:

Two love poems from two different perspectives, each a cliché?

 

Sorry, that's about as far as I dare allow my un-poetic mind wander into these without causing damage.

 

But I did love them. No damage there!

You can't fool me, skinny. I know you are fine poet, and GA is blessed with a couple of postings which happily bear that sentiment out. In fact, more poems from you would be a great addition, so please never feel your brain is 'un-poetic': life is poetic!

 

Anyway, thank you! Saying you love them is all the feedback I could hope to receive. Cheers.

Link to comment
On 05/24/2016 12:33 PM, Valkyrie said:

Lovely, as always, AC. :hug:

Thank you for a lovely review, Valkyrie :yes:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..