Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 979 Words
  • 2,390 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Home - 46. Chapter 46

Spring break, the boys took off for their camping week, only this time they took Vic and Frank. The dads came over to help me with the farm. I think they were getting bored, at least Dad. He was missing his farm. I was glad they came over. I enjoyed my time with them as we worked side by side. It reminded me of when I was living at home, Dad and I spent a lot of time together.

I hadn’t had as much time with Amalia’s dad, Piero. I was looking forward to our time together. The first day, Dad and I explained the farm and how it had grown compared to what it was when Pa was alive. At the end of the first day, I realized that Piero wasn’t into farms. I spent most of the day explaining what we were doing and why. He knew about the goats as his father-in-law raised goats. I also discovered he had a sense of humor.

Later that evening, I told Amalia about her father and explaining what we were doing. “I didn’t know he had a sense of humor. He’s quite a funny guy.”

‘He must like you. I never knew he had a sense of humor either. He was always stern with us. Ask Amo, they would get into arguments about Amo working with granddad on his goat farm. I was surprised that he agreed to help you.”

“Maybe since both of you are married and on your own, he has decided to enjoy life.”

“I think your dad has a positive impact on him.”

“I think since Amo and Clair are expecting a child may have more of an impact.”

“Why, he has our children as his grandchildren, and that didn’t seem to cause any major changes.”

“Yes, but our children do not have his last name. Our son will carry our name into the future. Our girls will carry the name of their husbands into the future. Only the name of Amo’s son will carry his name into the future. For some people, that is important. I think that is important for your father.”

“I’m glad he is enjoying himself even if you have explained about running a farm. He is a good man, and I know my mother thinks he walks on water.”

“Does that mean you think I walk on water?” Laughing, she grew a glass of water at me.

Our moms came over with Dad and Piero the next day. The women prepared our lunch and dinner. Amalia showed her mother around the farm. The result was that Piero had to build a chicken run. Dad helped him, and I suspect there will be two runs when I visit the next time.

The boys returned on a Friday before school would start. Vic and Frank had some wild tales to tell. Brad and Tom sat behind them, nodding their heads no. Amalia, the girls, and I laughed.

“No wild animals?”

Vic looked at Frank, “We saw some rabbits.”

I looked at Brad; he was smacking his lips. They saw some rabbits, and I would guess they ate them.

Frank started to laugh, “We saw a deer, and Vic didn’t see it until he was almost on top of it. When it ran, Vic jumped, and I thought he was going to run away.”

“It scared me, I wasn’t looking where I was going, and all of a sudden, there was this animal in front of me jumping over a bush as he ran past me.”

“Frank wanted to catch it, but I told him no.”

“Tom, I would’ve thought you would want to bring it back to the farm. You could build a new shed and fence it in so the deer couldn’t jump the fence and run away.”

“If you saw that deer jump, the fence would have to be as high as the barn. No way could we fence that deer in.”

Monday, we were back on schedule. School was a welcome diversion, and the boys had tales to tell their friends.

Summer we had another party at the Italian Club. A christening of a son for Amo and Clair. They named their son after Piero, Piero Amado Sardegna. I don’t know who was prouder, Amo or his father. Angela and Maria offered to babysit, and I could see the smiles on Amo’s face. He knew Clair was busy with her vet business, and he knew the girls would take good care of Lil Amo. When he told them they could start babysitting for little Amo, I knew that someone wasn’t going to like that. And he didn’t. He made sure the girls called the child Piero. The girls solved that problem. They called the child cutie when they spoke to him. But when it was just Amalia and me, they called him Amo. I knew by the time he would be ready for kindergarten; he would be known as Amo.

This summer, the Fourth of July was held at Gene’s place. Uncle Angelo and Aunt Victoria had joined Pa and Nonna. Gene took over the place, and Luis bought out Mom and Dad’s home. Uncle Angelo’s daughters lived with their husbands.

But certain things never change. Gene and Luis met me at the car, collecting the bottles of wine and Brad and Tom. They had the sausages. I laughed as they headed to the barbecue. It was nice that our traditions continue. This year the presence of the next generation would ensure this tradition would continue. With our children, Luis’s children, and Gene’s children, I could see this continuing for another generation. That is what families do.

Gene and Luis’s sisters made an appearance, and they had to go to their husband’s family celebrations. I was glad to see them, even if it was for a short time.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 20
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well the family had to expand and any new additions are welcome, it seems that they have a little Italy where they are 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Kev said:

Amo is a daddy! 😁Well, he's been busy with something:whistle: Frank and Vic seem to have really bonded and have the next generation well and truly established at the house.

I think the next generation will be In good hands.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Well the family had to expand and any new additions are welcome, it seems that they have a little Italy where they are 

Except, Clair isn't Italian nor Frank. So there is a possibility of a mixture coming into play. Tony's dad isn't Italian. But the women outnumber the men, so there ia a high level of Italian influence

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Pieto didn't like the idea of  Amo working on his Dad's farm but I guess with Tony's positive influence among other things he changed his thinking on that.Vic and Frank camping with Brad and Tom tells us they have no issues with them being gay.There was always a chance given the time period that classmates may have influenced them the wrong way but Tony's influence was stronger 

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Pieto didn't like the idea of  Amo working on his Dad's farm but I guess with Tony's positive influence among other things he changed his thinking on that.Vic and Frank camping with Brad and Tom tells us they have no issues with them being gay.There was always a chance given the time period that classmates may have influenced them the wrong way but Tony's influence was stronger 

In most cases once you get to know someone their sexual preferences play second fiddle. The problem is that people judge before they even know the individual.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

The family is expanding, Amo is a Daddy.

And a proud one at that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Piero seems like a bit of a stick in the mud at times. The parents decided to call the cutie Amo so it's settled, Amo. Better than calling him P.A.! 😁

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Chris L said:

Piero seems like a bit of a stick in the mud at times. The parents decided to call the cutie Amo so it's settled, Amo. Better than calling him P.A.! 😁

I am sure you have met people who are set in their ways. A bomb couldn't move them but a child could have them wrapped around their little finger with a smile.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..