Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,009 Words
  • 2,528 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Home - 33. Chapter 33

I had reserved the Italian Club for our wedding party. Uncle Angelo being the chef at that Club, handled the food. I had a wedding cake from the only Italian baker in town sent to the Club.

Charlie, Amalia, and I sat on the carriage as we drove through the town and the University. Arriving at the Club, Charlie took the carriage home, and Dad followed in his car to bring Charlie to the Club.

We had a small combo that played a lot of Italian songs. Uncle Angelo said the Club used them for all of their parties.

The food was served as a buffet, Uncle’s crew made sure the dishes were never empty. The bar was staffed with the Club’s personnel. I was glad that my family pulled together to make this an enjoyable event. One, of which I’ll never forget, as I looked at my lovely bride. My Mom was taking Amalia’s mother, Serena, around, introducing her to family and friends she hadn’t met.

Luis, Gene, Brad, and Tom were doing the same with Amado and his dad, Piero. I was sure by the end of the night, our guests from Italy were known to all my guests. Several Club members spoke Italian, so if our guests could not speak English, there was always an interpreter nearby for them.

It had gone past midnight when I mentioned if we were going to leave in the morning, we had better get some sleep. As you would expect, the boys made comments about going to sleep. I just smiled, winked, “It’s getting late, and you have chores to do in the morning.”

Amalia and I had booked an early flight to Hawaii for our honeymoon. Looking at my watch, we would have about seven hours before we would have to leave for the airport. I kept looking at my watch. Mom saw me and mentioned something to Dad.

About fifteen minutes later, he came over and whispered something In Amalia’s ear. She smiled and followed him. They went into a small room followed by Camilla. Twenty minutes later, Camilla came out, took me by the arm, and whispered, “Go outside.”

I did, and there was Dad in the car with Amalia in the back seat. I was going home.

That night I’ll remember for the rest of my life. I had never slept with anyone, and now I had an angel in my bed. My visitors didn’t show up that night, and I was glad. I knew all about the birds and the bees, but knowing and doing are altogether way different.

The alarm went off, and I wasn’t ready to get out of bed. I reached for Amalia, and she wasn’t there. I quickly got up with the idea of going to find her when she appeared in front of me with a cup of coffee. A kiss, a quick shower, dressed, and drinking the coffee, we headed to the kitchen for a light breakfast.

Walking into the kitchen, the boys were eating. I took a piece of toast, said good morning, see you in a week, picked up our luggage as we passed through the living room, and walked out. I could hear the boys laughing. They were okay. They had the car park in front of the door.

The drive to the airport was quicker than I had imagined, or my mind was someplace else, and I wasn’t paying attention to the time.

Checking in, we had a 30-minute wait. I went to one of the vendors, got us a coffee and a scrambled egg roll. “Eat this, and it will tide us over until they serve us on the plane.”

If you didn’t know we were just married, you could have made a good guess. We must have projected it as we waited to board. People would look at us and smile. I just puffed out my chest a little as if to say, ‘look, but don’t touch.

We had a layover in California, which gave us a little time to walk around and check out the shops. We did stop and had a coffee.

Our plane to Hawaii left on time, and soon we were landing. I hadn’t noticed the passing of time. I was occupied by a charming young lady sitting next to me.

I’m sure we must have confused the stewards as we spoke in English and Italian. If we didn’t want anyone to know what we were saying, we spoke in Italian. The advantage of being able to speak more than one language.

I sent a telegram back home saying we made it to Hawaii. A taxi took us to our hotel, which was close to a beach.

We were tired, so we decided to take a nap which turned into an eight-hour sleep. I was surprised as I didn’t think I was that tired. Amalia smiled and, looking into my eyes, “I love you” That caused us to miss dinner that night.

We took a stroll along the beach. Amalia started to pick up shells that she thought were pretty. We took off our shoes and walked in the surf. Looking at the moon shining on the water, I stopped and kissed my angel.

If I thought our wedding night was awesome, those nights I spent with Amalia in Hawaii were even more awesome. I didn’t want to go home. But we realized that we had a lifetime together to enjoy our love.

Soon it was time to return to normalcy. Our time in Hawaii had come to an end. But the memories would live forever. “I’m glad we took so many photos. We can live the time we spent here over as we look at these photos.”

“Are you going to record this in your journal?”

“Well, yes, but not everything.”

We left Hawaii knowing that we will be back someday. I was happy to have spent the time alone with Amalia. I made the right decision when I decided that Amalia was the right person for me.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 24
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

24 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter and an awesome wedding, happy holidays and unfortunately back to the grind stone, 

Yes like when you take a vacation which you hope will never end, then you wake up one morning and realize you better move your butt or you'll miss your plane ride home.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
CLJobe

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Kev said:

Always fancied going to Hawaii or somewhere hot... Just hot without snow in March would be good. Had to walk into town this morning and it was snowing!:devil: When we married we went on a honeymoon to London, but chose a week in October to go. The resort we stayed in had a Norwegian week on at the time that we hadn't known about and we couldn't understand a thing!!! Event he stay only spoke Norwegian. Turned out after three days I'd had enough and we caught the bus back home. 

Tony is a lucky man to have family around him like that, I almost... Lucky man, truly hope things work out for him.

It's never to late to celebrate a milestone like a 10th,. 15th. 20th. 25 anniversary. Just make sure they speak a language you understand. I went to Hawaii once, it was nice but very expensive.

Edited by CLJobe
  • Like 4
Link to comment

"Knowing that we will be back someday." Memories, of time spent with those we love, are priceless and to be cherished. Yes, we too will be back someday to the same room, the same pool overlooking the ocean, where we said yes to a lifetime with each other. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Kev said:

I would do, but I divorced her over 20 years ago and have been with my man now for over 17 years.

Took two years to recover from the hurt that I felt in the divorce, might have been gay but was willing to stay married for the kids. She got what she wanted (money and house and...), then turned the kids against me and threw me out. Ended up 550 miles away starting from scratch with nothing. Two years into a complete breakdown I met the man that stole my heart and we are still together all those years later. Don't think he would approve of me taking her on a belated honeymoon🤣🤣🤣 

Take him on a pretend honeymoon. Go and have a change of scenery, try new food, take an adventure and do something you haven't done for a while.:) Celebrate in anyway you can.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Chris L said:

"Knowing that we will be back someday." Memories, of time spent with those we love, are priceless and to be cherished. Yes, we too will be back someday to the same room, the same pool overlooking the ocean, where we said yes to a lifetime with each other. 

Chris, I wish I had written that in the story. I may have to copy that and include it in the book.  Thanks, the sentiment you have expressed will be appreciated by Tony.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Back to reality, now where are the goats!!!😆

The goats will arrive, sooner or later

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well, yes, but now everything It would make more sense for this statement to read Well, yes, but NOT everything

  • Like 2
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

Well, yes, but now everything It would make more sense for this statement to read Well, yes, but NOT everything

Thanks, I corrected the chapter. Be careful you might get an editing job.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..