Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 725 Words
  • 11,915 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Home - Prologue. Prologue

There was a time when Kings and Queens ruled many European countries. Italy was no different. And as Kings have done, they have had their dalliances. The King of Italy had a son by one of the Queen’s servants. It was a hush-hush event among the Royal House occupants.

When the child was six years old, it was apparent who his father was. He had the eyes and hair the color of the King. When confronted, the King admitted that he had fathered the child. The Queen set aside rooms for the mother and child, which resulted in isolating them from the Court.

When the child was 14, there was no longer any doubt about who his father was, for he was a clone of his father. The Queen could no longer isolate the boy and his mother. Her solution was to send them away. This the King didn’t like; he was fond of the boy.

In conversation with his advisor, they hatched a plan. The latest news concerned the war in America between the Americans and England. The King and his advisor suggested that the King establish rapport with the Americans, and perhaps he could delay the child’s departure.

The King thought this was a great idea. If he could delay the boy’s departure until he at least reached the age of 18, it would give him time to provide for the boy and satisfy his Queen’s desire to have the boy gone.

The plan worked out exceeding well. The King informed the Queen that he had made arrangements to send the boy to the Americas as soon as England’s war was over.

When America won their independence, and the war was over, the Queen wanted the boy gone. The King and his advisors developed another plan. The King told the Queen he had to provide for the boy in America. If he didn’t do that, they would be ostracized among their peers, The Kings, and Queens, who shared a comfortable friendship. The Queen agreed, but she wanted to see the plans the King had for the removal of the boy.

The King met with his advisors for the third time. The resulting plan involved:

  • Obtaining land.
  • Constructing a home that reflects the boy’s royalty.
  • Providing sufficient wealth to keep the boy.

When the boy was 18, they had accomplished everything. The land was purchased, and a home was built according to plans drawn up by the King’s architect. The King made one change, he wanted a room attached to the house to house a carriage and rooms above for a servant.

With this being finished, the King and the boy, now a young man, traveled to America. There were the usual pomp and circumstance associated with a person of nobility visiting the new government. While on this trip, the King showed his son the home he had built for him. It was a beautiful home, built like an extension of the Palace in Italy. By this time, the child knew who his father was, and the Queen wanted him out of Italy. Rumors run rampant in the King’s household and among those who live in the villages surrounding the Palace.

The young man was no dummy, and he insisted on an allowance and someone to take care of the house. The King agreed to his requests. Funding was decided upon, partly paid in silver and gold and part in the currency the new country, the United States of America, coins of gold.

The young man and King returned to Italy. The Queen wasn’t happy to see the young man. The King told her he returned to gather his belongings and hire someone to take care of his house. The Queen didn’t believe him and took it upon herself to outfit the young man with clothes and hired someone to take care of his home. The King was satisfied.

On the day the young man was to leave, the King gave him a ring with a royal crest. This was to remind the young man who he was and who his father was.

When the young man reached the age of 20, the King invited him to visit Italy. He had a surprise for him. The surprise became his wife. The couple returned to America and began the family known as Carignano.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 6
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Interesting start to the new story

I hope you enjoy this story as you have my other stories. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Kev said:

I like it so far, interesting and nice to the father cares this time... Mind you the Queen sounds a bit like my ex... it was 'My way or no way!' I agreed and we divorced.🤣🤣🤣

Yes, once in a while there are people who do care and you are lucky if they care about you.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Interesting start to the story. But I don't think the history is accurate. As I understand it, at that time, there was a Kingdom of Italy, part of the Holy Roman Empire. However, that included only northern Italy and there were separate imperial fiefs (dukes, princes) in each of the individual city-states of northern Italy, rather than a single King. 

Also, I'm not sure Americans shortly after the Revolution were friendly towards European royalty.

I'm not a historian, maybe someone else could provide a more accurate information.

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, frosenblum said:

Interesting start to the story. But I don't think the history is accurate. As I understand it, at that time, there was a Kingdom of Italy, part of the Holy Roman Empire. However, that included only northern Italy and there were separate imperial fiefs (dukes, princes) in each of the individual city-states of northern Italy, rather than a single King. 

Also, I'm not sure Americans shortly after the Revolution were friendly towards European royalty.

I'm not a historian, maybe someone else could provide a more accurate information.

 

And if in 1801, Napoleon became the Emperor of Italy. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Interesting start of 'The Home', the story of an illegitimate son of fictional King of ? who's 'not recognised' son (as a result of a dalliance) is to banished at the Queen's 'request', not just to a neighbouring European country where his existence could come back to haunt the royals, but to that upstart country America, never to be heard from again.

Historical note - last real Holy Roman (Italy) Emperor in 1800, Francis II, dissolved Empire in 1806 , a de facto abdication, to become Emperor Franz I of Austria.  He turned Rome over to Napoleon I, who eventually lost his head :o . Francis II had 12 legitimate offspring. Like many European Kings of that era (all related as cousins, more than 'kissing), he's allegedly had 'son' who survived but was banished to America. So, some basis in truth. Oooooooh. And now, the story gets interesting?

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Interesting start of 'The Home', the story of an illegitimate son of fictional King of ? who's 'not recognised' son (as a result of a dalliance) is to banished at the Queen's 'request', not just to a neighbouring European country where his existence could come back to haunt the royals, but to that upstart country America, never to be heard from again.

Historical note - last real Holy Roman (Italy) Emperor in 1800, Francis II, dissolved Empire in 1806 , a de facto abdication, to become Emperor Franz I of Austria.  He turned Rome over to Napoleon I, who eventually lost his head :o . Francis II had 12 legitimate offspring. Like many European Kings of that era (all related as cousins, more than 'kissing), he's allegedly had 'son' who survived but was banished to America. So, some basis in truth. Oooooooh. And now, the story gets interesting?

 

 

I envy you. I study engineering when I was in school, but I have always loved history and math. Sometimes as I sit and contemplate my life I wonder what would happen if I studied this subjects. One thing I have observed , we really never learn anything from History, we continue to make the same mistake over and over again. We just dress them in new clothes. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Ah yes, well in the past (or so we're told) when new regimes take over, much of history is either destroyed (unless hidden away) and the former historians didn't do so well, especially if they didn't re-write history. And as we know all to well, 'Those who ignore history, are doomed to repeat it' Case in point, current New Zealand Prime Minister being called 'Chamberlain' for literally asking Australian government to "Appease China rather than oppose their (Chinese) expansionism into Australia".

But engineers (like yourself) well, they get to remake things, make new ones, that usually stand the test of time. That's why parents encourage their kids to be doctors, dentists, engineers, and MAYBE lawyers (although after the last four years, few kids are going to be named after lawyers, See how I dodged 'certain net nannies' by not mentioning names :gikkle:|). Parents might encourage kids to become teachers (in general), but not Historians?

And now on to the next chapter. Are there hidden 'royal jewels' in the carriage house? Is the signet ring key to ... fortune? Castles? Kingdoms (King Ralph :joe:)? Or just a fancy title that along with a few bucks will buy a coffee? Or maybe, just maybe,  the current descendant / heir will become a case worker looking out for deserving children (too formulaic)?

Tony C

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 2
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Ah yes, well in the past (or so we're told) when new regimes take over, much of history is either destroyed (unless hidden away) and the former historians didn't do so well, especially if they didn't re-write history. And as we know all to well, 'Those who ignore history, are doomed to repeat it' Case in point, current New Zealand Prime Minister being called 'Chamberlain' for literally asking Australian government to "Appease China rather than oppose their (Chinese) expansionism into Australia".

But engineers (like yourself) well, they get to remake things, make new ones, that usually stand the test of time. That's why parents encourage their kids to be doctors, dentists, engineers, and MAYBE lawyers (although after the last four years, few kids are going to be named after lawyers, See how I dodged 'certain net nannies' by not mentioning names :gikkle:|). Parents might encourage kids to become teachers (in general), but not Historians?

And now on to the next chapter. Are there hidden 'royal jewels' in the carriage house? Is the signet ring key to ... fortune? Castles? Kingdoms (King Ralph :joe:)? Or just a fancy title that along with a few bucks will buy a coffee? Or maybe, just maybe,  the current descendant / heir will become a case worker looking out for deserving children (too formulaic)?

Tony C

I look forward to your comments. I will teach you how to make salami and sausage, Italian style if you are interested. 😉

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Buz said:

I am assuming said Son does very well in the New Country?

Yes, he did very well. He was given a boost that many do not. An estate, in reality, large house, and riches form his father. Probably guilt payoff. The lad was smart, he had an excellent education including diplomacy. Because of his ties to Italy through his farther, he traveled in the right circles.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, plass110 said:

Nice start for this new story.Verry interesting how it goes on.

I hope you enjoy this story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..