Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 2,161 Words
  • 1,581 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 10. Chapter 10

I sat on my bed trying to figure out if I should call Sam. I really want to call him, but I don't want to bug him or anything. Not that I'm desperate to see him or anything, I'm just bored out of my fucking mind. But suddenly I didn't have to call him, because he was calling me.

"Hey, Sam," I said, trying to sound surprised to hear from him. "What's up?"

"Can you come over?"

"Yeah, right now?" I tried not to get too excited.

"Yeah, I'm in the backyard."

Sam hung up. I walked out of my room and down the stairs. I told my aunt that I was going to see Sam. She said it was okay, but she also seemed a bit uncomfortable. She was probably wondering if something was going on between Sam and me. I left her house hoping there would be something between Sam and me.

I walked over to the Sullivan house. Julian answered the door and when I walked in, the house seemed relatively empty. Was it just Sam and Julian? I walked to the back and spotted Sam sitting on a bench swing tied to a thick branch of an oak tree. I walked over. He looked a little scared so I didn't say anything. I just sat next to him. The swing squeaked as I sat.

"Sup Sully," I said.

He looked at me and smiled a nervous smile. "What?"

"Sullivan...Sully. It's my new nickname for you. Do you like it?"

He laughed under his breath. "I have something to tell you."

I got nervous. "What's that?"

"I'm gay...and ever since the first time you walked through the door of this house, I've had this enormous crush on you."

I swear to you that Heaven's choirs were singing in my head. I wanted to cry that I was so happy. But, I kept my cool. I just smiled at him and slowly leaned my head into his and placed my lips on his. I closed my eyes, taking in on the wonderfulness that was Samuel Sullivan. Birds chirped in the tree above us and we heard kids playing in one of the houses around us, but the backyard is big so it seemed like there was no one else around for miles.

When the kiss was over I opened my eyes, but his were still closed. I smiled and put my index finger under his chin. We looked at each other for a moment, wallowing in disbelief and pleasure at the same time. I smelled the masculine scent of his shampoo and smiled in ecstasy. I love the way he smells.

"I can't believe that just happened," said Sam. He touched his lips.

"Me neither," I said with a my cute smile on.

"So...So you've felt the same about me the entire time?"

"Yeah, but...I didn't know if you were gay or not, so I didn't say anything."

"I'm so sorry. I...I have this really bad view of what it is to be gay. It took me a while to just accept it and..."

"Shh," I stopped him, putting my index finger on his lips. "None of that matters anymore. We have each other now."

I put my hand on his cheek, guided him into me and kissed him again, this time opening my mouth just a little to smack our lips together a few times. I could hardly wait to feel his tongue in my mouth. He tastes so good.

"I feel like such an idiot for waiting this long."

"It's only been a week, Sam."

"That's a week we could've been trying to get to know each other as couple instead of friends."

"Well, it's hard to be in a relationship with someone if you're not friends first." I love how new to everything he is. I'm not usually into newly out guys, but this guy is just so adorable.

I could tell he was ready to be in a relationship, but still not ready to be out to the whole world. It was obvious in his eyes.

"Look, if you're not ready for our relationship to be out there, it's cool. Our relationship can stay in the confines of both of our houses."

"Hmm?"

"I just told my aunt the other day that I'm gay. She was actually surprisingly cool with it. And you can come out to your brothers and mom at least, right?"

"I think..."

"Just take your time," I said. He smiled relief and put his head on my shoulder. We just say on the swing, slightly moving back and forth. We said nothing more. We were just at peace with each other. Then, Julian came out to the back yard.

"Your mom and Ryan are back. They just pulled up."

Sam got up from the swing and I followed. "What do you wanna do?" I asked him.

"I don't think I'm ready for them to know yet," he said with a bit of fear.

"You don't have to do anything before you're ready," I told him.

"Exactly," said Julian. I assumed Sam had confided in Julian.

The three of us walked into the house together. Mrs. Sullivan and Ryan were carrying in grocery bags. We walked to the car in the garage to help bring in the rest. When we were done, Sam and I went to the room he now shared with Tyler.

"Tyler won't be home for a while," said Sam. He walked over to an orange futon in the corner and sat on it. I sat next to him and put my around him. He brought his hand up to meet with mine.

"So, what do we do now?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled, then leaned into me to kiss me softly. His mouth opened and so did mine at his invitation. Our kiss became more intense and our tongues began to play a game of tag. After our excitement wore down a bit, the kisses became less desperate and more soft and passionate with our tongues gently rubbing against each other.

His hand that wasn't holding onto mine started to go up and down my leg and I reached my free hand around to rest it on his abs. I didn't like where this was going with his mom right downstairs. I pulled away.

"This is getting way too intense," I said. My chest was rising and falling like I'd just ran a marathon.

"Yeah, you're right," said Sam.

We scooted away from each other and it was just in time. His mom knocked on the door and then walked in.

"Travis, are you going to stay for dinner?" asked Pam.

"Um, no I can't," I said. "My cousin is coming home tonight and my Aunt Nancy is planning a special dinner."

"Okay, just know that you're welcome any time," said Pam.

Her eyes went from Sam and then back to me and she smiled. Did she know? It is entirely possible. Mother's do have pretty great intuition.

"Sam, tonight's special for us too. Your dad got the night off. He's gonna be home for dinner."

I could see Sam's face light up. "Really? That's great. It feels like I haven't seen him in forever."

"Dinner will be ready in an hour," she said before she left and shut the door.

"I should really get going." I got up from the futon.

"But you just got here," said Sam, pleading for me to stay. It was the hardest thing to do to leave.

"I know, but I promise my aunt that I'd help her with dinner," I said as I took his fingers in mind. I stepped closer and put his lips onto mine and that's when the door opened. It was Tyler. He smiled.

"Yes!" He hollered. "Oh...sorry, bad timing, huh." He walked out and shut the door.

"He's the only one that knew that I liked you," Sam said, explaining Tyler's reaction.

"So you've been out to him?"

"Only him." Sam played with my fingers in his hand.

"I really have to go. I'll call you tonight." I said, pulling him even closer. Our chests touched and it sent little tingles through my entire body. I put my head on the side of his and I whispered, "It's gonna be okay."

With that, I kissed him on the cheek and left the room. I walked downstairs where Tyler and Julian were sitting on the couch. They each smiled a laugh when I passed. I said good bye to everyone and then left back to my aunt's.

"Just in time to help me with the meatballs," said Aunt Nancy as I walked into the kitchen.

I walked over to the sink and started to wash my hands. "So, what do I do?"

"I've already mixed the seasonings into the meat. All you need to do is roll it into balls." She was stirring a pot of spaghetti sauce. Apparently, spaghetti and meatballs is Jared's favorite food. "Just take about two tablespoons of meat and then roll it up."

I did what she said and it took me about ten minutes to make eighteen meatballs. She started the pan that she was going to cook them on and I walked back to the sink to wash my hands once again.

"Aunt Nancy?"

"Yes, honey," she answered as she poured olive oil onto the pan.

"If I told you that I met someone that I was interested in and...and was interested in me...would you...um..."

"Just say it, Travis."

"I mean, would you mind if I started to see someone?"

"Well, all of that depends. How serious are you about this boy?"

"I think it could be really serious, Aunt Nancy. I really like him." I could help but smile when I thought of Sam.

"Judging by the glow on your face, I can tell that you're really happy." She smiled and then hugged me. "Does this boy have a name?"

"Well...he's not ready to be out yet, so I promised him that I wouldn't tell anyone."

"Oh...well...you can tell me. I'm not going to tell anyone. I want you to be able to talk to me, Travis."

I didn't know that I should break Sam's confidence, but I know I could trust Aunt Nancy. I'm gonna tell her. I know I could tell her.

"It's Sam Sullivan."

"Sam?" Her face scrunched up.

"Yeah, Aunt Nancy, I like him so much that I don't even know what to do with myself when I'm around him."

She smiled and giggled a bit. "I can't believe it. Little Samuel Sullivan with my nephew."

"He's not so little anymore," I said with a smile.

"Sam is a good boy, Travis. I'm very happy for you."

The sauce started to bubble and she quickly stepped to turn the fire down to low. There was a knock at the door and she immediately got excited. She ran to get the door, asking me to watch the sauce and the pasta as she brought Jared in.

I listened to them greet each other as I stirred the pasta. Then I walked over to stir the sauce. It smelled super delicious. I love Aunt Nancy's cooking. I can't really say it enough. I was enjoying the smell, and then Aunt Nancy walked in with Jared.

"Jared, you remember your cousin Travis, right?" Aunt Nancy's asked.

Jared had changed since I last seen him. He was a short, stubby kid with dark hair and dark eyes like my Uncle Martin. Now, he's grown taller of course and he's not stubby anymore. His hair has slight highlights to them. But no matter how much he's changed, I've always seen the word asshole stamped on his forehead and I still do.

"Yeah, I remember Travis," he said looking up and down at me. He had his hands in his pockets. "I'm going to take my stuff up to my room."

He turned around and left the kitchen. I saw Aunt Nancy's face fall. I think she was hoping for a loving reunion of cousins.

"Don't worry Aunt Nancy." I patted her on the back. "Jared and I have never really been too close. I'm sure it'll get better as we spend more time in the same house."

She pressed her lips into a smile. "I know."

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..