Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,461 Words
  • 1,712 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 14. Chapter 14

I really didn't know what to do after Alex left me back home. I was wet. I was horny. And I was super frustrated. Why didn't I do more to take things into my own hands? I should said, "Fuck this" and kissed him right. But I didn't and now I'm officially the biggest spaz on Earth.

Anyway, I walked into my house soaking wet. I tried to carefully squish upstairs so no one would notice me, but I was officially out of luck for the night. My grandfather was sitting on the couch, in the dark and I didn't even notice him. But, of course, he noticed me. He turned on the living room lamp and nearly scared me half to death.

"Why are you all wet, Brian?" asked Grandpa.

"Um, Alex and I went for a swim; sorry."

"Your mother's been worried about you. Dry off and then check in with her."

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"Oh, he went out. I don't know where to."

Obviously Grandpa was an older man, but not as old as you'd think. The grandpas of kids I know are usually seventy to about eighty years old. My grandpa's sixty-five. He had my dad at only twenty years old. This makes my dad forty-five.

I really love my grandpa. He's always been the biggest supporter in anything I wanted to do. Somehow, I think he's always known that I'm gay. It's just a feeling of mine. After I came out I really wanted to ask him, but never built up the courage.

I did what he said. I went into the bathroom, stripped down and dried off. I smelled like lake water, though. I know mom will smell it on me. I walked to my room and changed into some relaxing clothes, walked over to my mom's room and knocked on the door. She opened the door in her pink robe. Her brown hair was in a ponytail.

"Oh, sweetie, you scared the shit out me. I didn't know where you went." She hugged me tightly. I almost thought she wouldn't let go. "Did you go swimming in the lake? You smell like algae."

"Yeah, Alex and I went swimming."

"Well, I'm glad you're home and don't you ever do that again. You had me worried sick."

"Where's dad?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know. He left pretty angrily when I told him that you left with Alex. I think he thinks that you two are...um..." She started to scratch at her neck uncomfortably.

"Oh..." I said.

"Are you?" she asked.

"No," I said almost in disappointment. "We're just friends."

"Oh, okay." She sounded relieved.

"Well, I'm going to my room. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay, see you in the morning." She kissed my cheek and I turned around went back to room.

I got all the way to my door. I almost opened it and went in, but I stopped. Instead, I walked back down the stairs to talk to Grandpa. He was sitting at the end of the couch, underneath the lamp, reading a book. I walked over and sat next him.

 

"Hi Brian," he said, looking up from his book and then back down again.

"Grandpa, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, kid; shoot."

"Did-Did you know that I'm gay this whole time? You didn't seem too surprised."

"I had my suspicions, but I never knew anything for sure."

"So, you don't mind that I'm gay?"

"Listen, what you do in your private life is none of my business. You're my grandson and I'm gonna love you no matter what."

"Thanks Grandpa." I smiled and he patted me on the shoulder.

 

 

*                      *                      *

 

 

The next day I took a walk in the orchards and ran into Paul again. Alex was right. I never noticed it before, but he is really cute.

It was hot out so he was kind of sweaty looking and he only had on a thin tank top and some tight blue jeans. He was hot, but he was nothing compared to Alex in my eyes. With me, everything started and ended with Alex. But I walked up to Paul anyway. I wanted check him out. I wanted to see if he was gay. If he was, he was definitely my competition to get Alex.

"Hey Paul," I said.

He turned to me and smiled. "Hey Brian, what's up?"

"Nothing; I was just taking a walk."

"What was up with your friend yesterday? He was acting kind of weird."

"Alex gets like that sometime, but it's not very often. He had a lot on his mind."

"Oh, I see. So...have you two been friends for long?"

"Yeah, we'd be brothers if he didn't have so many already."

"How many does he have?"

"Four," I answered.

"Wow; that is a lot. I don't even have one brother."

"Yeah, they're all really close. I don't know why. They're all so different."

"How do you mean?"

"Well, Ryan, the oldest is really into sports and outdoor stuff. Sam is the smart one. He's into academics and reading and stuff. Tyler, there's really no way to describe him. I guess you could say that he's the cocky one. Alex, Alex and I are into music and dancing and stuff. We like to swim in the lake, too. The youngest, Kyle likes sports too. I don't even know him that well."

"Wow, they are pretty different. They must have something in common, though. They wouldn't be close if they didn't."

"Well Sam, Tyler, and Alex are the closest. They're all only a year apart each. And...and they're all gay."

"What? They're gay. That's weird. I've never heard of three brothers being gay before."

"Yeah, well, they are," I said. "And...I am too."

"I know."

"You know?"

"I can tell."

"How can you tell?"

"They way you walk. You swish your hips."

"I do not!"

He smiled. He did have a gorgeous smile.

"Okay, you don't."

I don't swish my hips. Do I? Ugh, whatever.

"So," Paul continued. He sat down underneath one of the trees. "Are you and Alex, like, together?"

"Why does everyone ask that? NO!"

"Calm down, kid. It was just a question."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so...angry."

"Are you gonna sit or do I have to strain my neck trying to talk to you?"

I looked around, smoothed out my jeans and then sat down next to Paul. He had one leg bent up and the other flat on the ground. He hung his arm on his bent knee, showing off his triceps. I almost couldn't stop staring. He noticed me and I looked away.

"I don't care if you look at me, Brian."

I was still looking away, but I slowly turned my head back to face him. I blushed and smiled shyly.

"I'm sorry. It's a habit."

"Looking at me?"

"Guys; looking at guys." I corrected him awkwardly.

"Yeah," he said like he understood.

"So, if you and Alex aren't together...then is there someone else that you are together with?"

"Are you asking me if I'm single?" I asked.

"Don't make a federal case out of it or anything. I'm just asking."

"Right..um...no."

"Well, is there anybody you want to be together with?"

"Yeah, Alex," I answered bluntly.

"Oh," he took a handkerchief out of his back pocket and started to wipe the sweat off of his face. "Boy it's hot here. How do you live here?"

"You get used to the heat. It's not so bad."

"What do you do to cool off?"

"Um...there's the pool and the lake. Or you could just take a cold shower."

"I vote lake. Are you gonna come with me?"

"I don't know. I just went last night."

"So, is there some rule that you can't go to the lake two days in a row?"

"No it's just..."

"Come on. Bring Alex. I'll meet you there in twenty."

He got up from the tree and walked away. I wanted to call after him and cancel. I needed to come up with something fast. A doctor's appointment? No. Chicken Pocks? No. Shit, I'm gonna have to go.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..