Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,778 Words
  • 2,127 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 3. Chapter 3

I can't believe this. I'm alone with Nancy's really hot nephew and my car won't start. This is just perfect. He must think I'm a total spaz. I'm not really the type of person to pray, but you have no idea how much I prayed for my car to start. But it didn't. That shows how much prayer actually works.

"You don't mind if we walk do you?" I can't believe I had to actually ask this.

"No, it's not that far. Besides, it's a nice warm night." He was right, but he had no idea how nervous I was. "But what about your car?"

"I'll call Herb to tow it tomorrow morning." I answered. "He's the local mechanic."

"Yeah, I guessed that much," said Travis.

His smile made me blush. I couldn't believe I actually spoke to him like he was stupid. I'm such a total geek. I just need to focus and remember what's most important. He's not gay.

Anyway, we started walking back to our block which was only four blocks away. There weren't many people out and the only real noise was coming from crickets and the occasional passing car. I didn't think I'd ever been in a situation this awkward.

"Man, I don't think I've ever seen this many stars in the sky," said Travis, looking up.

I looked up with him. The stars were really beautiful.

"I guess you're not used to that in LA, huh?"

"Not really," said Travis.

He's so incredibly cute that I can barely stop shaking as I'm walking next to him. He has gorgeous hazel blue eyes and flowing dark brown hair that comes down to his jaw. His bangs come across his face and just slightly hide his eyes in a sensual way. And his height; not many people are as tall as I am at six feet and two inches, but he is and that's a really big turn on for me.

"So, if you're not gay, why do you let those guys make fun of you?" asked Travis.

But I am gay. "Well, I don't really know."

"You're bigger than most of them. You could probably kick their asses."

"I'm not much of a physical person. I'm more of a mental person." What kind of an answer is that?

"Well, I personally love being physical," said Travis.

Oh my God, did he actually say that? Ugh, when are we gonna get to my house? I can't handle this anymore.

"Well, I like to play sports," said Travis. "I like baseball and basketball, but I especially love to swim."

"Oh yeah?" That was weird. "Me too."

"I saw a lake on the way to my aunts today. Is there swimming aloud there?"

"Yeah, but there's only swimming aloud in the shallow end; the south end. The north end is pretty deep."

"Cool, we should go one day."

"Yeah, most likely I'll start swimming there every day in about a week or so. It gets pretty hot here in the summer."

"Cool, do a lot of people swim in the lake?"

"No, most people go to the pool. It's really only me and my friend Delia that swim in the Lake. Every now and then a few others will come and swim. The lake is most for parties around here. I guess the populars thing that it's cool."

"That's it? Parties?"

"Well, sometimes people will lay out in the sun there; for their tans and stuff."

"Gosh, these people don't know how good they have it with their own lake do they?"

"No. I personally love the lake."

We were finally turning the corner onto my block. But now I didn't feel the same as I did earlier. I didn't want this walk to end. I was really enjoying talking to Travis. He seems like a really cool guy and he's not just good looks to me anymore.

We didn't say anything more, though. We just walked in silence, but it wasn't awkward any longer. It was comfortable; like we didn't need to say anything to know what each other was thinking or feeling. I felt close to Travis; closer than I've ever felt to anyone. But I just kind of brushed it off. I mean I just met the guy.

When we reached the houses, he shook my hand we said goodbye. It wasn't anything special. But I did catch myself watching as he walked into his house. His walk was very confident and very sexy. I knew that from now on, I would spell trouble T-R-A-V-I-S.

I couldn't afford to have a crush right now, especially with everyone already suspecting that I could be gay. But I couldn't help but be completely enamored with Travis. I walked back into my house, knowing that my life would never be the same.

 

*                      *                      *

 

The next morning when I woke up, I had to peel the sheets from my legs. They were wet and sticky. This is not good. I got out of bed, cleaned myself with a towel and then gathered all of my sheets. Before I walked out of my room, I put a t-shirt on.

I started to take my sheets down to the laundry room in the laundry room. I tried to be as stealth as I could be, but Ty spotted me. He followed me into the laundry room, but I didn't look back at him.

"What are you doing?" he asked me as I was stuffing my sheets into the washing machine.

"Nothing," I said.

"You never wash," he said.

"So," I said.

He smiled. "Sammy had a wet dream," he sang.

"Shut up!"

"Who was it about?"

"None of your business," I said, starting the wash. I walked passed him, back up to the main floor. He followed me.

"Come on Sammy. Tell me." He pleaded, but I wasn't going to budge.

"No, I'm not telling. Go away."

I walked upstairs and went back to my room. Ty followed me. I wanted to change and shower, but I guess I would have to do that later.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me who your dream was about."

"I'm not gonna tell you, Ty. It's none of your business."

Ty sat on my bed, bouncing a little bit. I stood in front of him with my hands on my hips. He had a wide smile on his face.

"Ty, I want to change and take a shower. Go away!"

"Nope," he said. His smile turned into a smirk.

I wondered at that moment if it would be so bad if I told Ty what was going on with me. After all, I did need someone to talk to and at this point with Travis on my mind, I'd settle for just about anyone.

I took a deep breath and sat down on my bed next to Ty. He looked at me. I looked at him. It was a moment that I never pictured having with my brother. But I felt close to him, even though we were playfully bickering.

"Okay, I'm gonna tell you, but you have to keep this between you and me."

"Ooh," Ty rubbed his hands together. "This is gonna be good."

"The dream was about Travis." I said, squinting my eyes and trying to shield myself from any rage he might have.

"Ooh, Nancy's nephew. He was pretty interesting. So did you guys hit it off?"

"Well....wait, what?"

"Did you guys get along? Do you think he likes you too?"

"Is that it?"

"What?"

"I told you that I had a wet dream about a guy and all you ask is if I think he likes me too?"

"Well...Sammy I already knew you were gay. It seems like I've been waiting forever for you to tell me. It's not a big deal."

"How did you know I'm gay?"

"Well it takes one to know one."

"You're gay?"

"Well, technically I'm bi, but that's just details."

I was so confused that I couldn't manage to say anything. I just sat there with my mouth open and my eyes wide. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Ty, the womanizer, is bisexual.

"Are you kidding me?"

"That's a pretty odd thing to be kidding about isn't it? No, dummy, I'm not kidding."

"Have you told anyone?" I asked.

"I told mom. That's about it."

"You told mom!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yeah, um...about six months ago I told her. Why haven't you told her?"

"No, I don't think I can tell her."

"Why not?" asked Ty. "She was totally cool with me. I don't see why she wouldn't be with you."

I never imagined telling my mother. I mean, I figured she would find out someday, but I never figured that I would ever build up the courage to be able to tell her. No, I think I'll be fine just waiting for her to find out someday.

"So, Ty...He's pretty cute, huh? Did you guys hit it off or what?"

"Yeah, right, a guy like Travis would ever like me. He's probably not even gay."

"I bet he is. He was looking at you pretty funny."

"What?"

"Why do you think I made an excuse not to go to the diner with you guys?" asked Ty. "And Alex just followed my lead. Oh, speaking of Alex, I kind have a feeling that he's on our team to?"

"Why just because he won't go out with Abby Grace?"

"No, but that doesn't help my suspicions either. I just try and push him sometimes. It's to help confirm my suspicions."

"You never did that with me?"

"Sorry Sammy, but you're a total give away. Why do you think everyone at school calls you a fag? By the way, you shouldn't let them do that," said Ty. "It's totally beneath you."

"That's what Travis said."

"Oh yeah, you never told me how that date went."

"It wasn't a date."

"Well, not technically, but basically it was a date. It was only you two. You were getting to know each other. You went out to dinner." He smiled. "What does that spell? I'll tell you, date."

Was it a date? No, it couldn't have been a date. Of course it wasn't a date. But was he really looking at me funny like Ty said he was? I don't know, but if he was, he probably just thought that I was weird or something. Then again, I can't help but get my hopes up that he was looking at me because he liked me.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..