Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,901 Words
  • 1,772 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 33. Chapter 33

After having a great time with my brother's at Fun World, I called Joey. I wanted to know if he wanted to hang out. Of course he jumped on the chance. It was late so the only thing that was open was the Larry's Diner which was open twenty-four hours at six days a week. Sunday is the only day that the diner is closed and that's because Larry's Catholic and goes to church on Sundays.

I walked into the diner and Joey was already there, sitting in a booth with a plate of fries and two cokes. I walked over to him and he stood up with a smile. He put his arms around me and I hugged him back tightly. I took in his scent and the feeling of his soft skin.

Our embrace broke and we sat down. I sat down right next to him in the booth and he put his arm around me, bringing me in close. I took a fry and carefully put it in my mouth. He watched and smiled. Larry walked over. He looked at me and Joey liked he was scared of us.

"C-Can I get you anything Alex?" he asked.

"No thanks, Larry," I said. "I've got everything I need right here."

Larry nodded nervously and walked away. Joey smiled at me. "What's wrong with him?"

"Larry's known our family forever. He's just not used to seeing me with guys."

"What if he tells your dad?"

"He won't. My dad hardly comes here anymore. He's really busy."

The bell to the door of the diner rang and I stretched my neck to see who it was. I'm guessing you probably know who it is by now. It was my dad. In one quick motion I took Joey's arm from around me and scooted as far away from him as I could.

"Alex," said my dad cheerfully. "Just the boy I've been looking for."

"H-Hey, dad," I said.

"I was about to go shopping for a late birthday present for Sam. Could you come with me and help me pick one out?"

"Um..."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I seem to have interrupted," said dad. "I'm Patrick Sullivan." Dad put his hand out to shake with Joey.

"I'm Joey Knight," he said shaking my dad's hand.

"Um, Joey's a friend from school, dad."

"Well, I'm sorry. You two probably had plans."

"Well, it's kind of late, dad. I don't think anything is open anyway."

"You're probably right. It's just that I had planned to go shopping after work, but a case came up that I could put off."

"I'll go shopping with you tomorrow, dad."

"Well, okay...I'll see you at home."

Dad went to the counter to order whatever he was gonna order from Larry. He said goodbye to me and left the dinner.

"Are you okay?" Joey asked.

"Yeah, that was a close call."

"Are you ever gonna tell him?"

"Eventually," I said. "I'm just not ready. He freaked out when Sam came out. I don't know how he'll take my coming out."

"I know," he said.

I started to eat the fries again, which were now getting cold. Joey put his arm back around me and I leaned into him.

"This is nice," he said.

"Yeah," I said.

Joey cleared his throat. "Wanna...um...come back to my place?

"I don't know. It's kind of late," I said.

"Okay," he said, disappointed.

"Maybe another time," I said.

"Okay," he said politely.

"Look, it's just because it's late," I said. "If it was day time or even before twelve o' clock, I would've said yes."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I said.

"It's just that...you're so fucking amazing and...It's hard for me to believe that I have a guy like you. I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop, I guess."

"Well, it's not," I said. "I really care about you and I'm not going anywhere."

He smiled and blushed. "I really wanna kiss you," he said.

I looked around. We were the only ones in the diner and Larry was in the kitchen. I went in for the kill. I pressed my lips against his and they lingered for a good while. His lips tasted of coke and he smelled like cologne.

Joey's tongue found its way into my mouth and my tongue started to play with his. My hands started to explore Joey's body-his legs, his side, his arms, his chest. I pushed him away, because it was getting way too intense for me. He was making me want to go further than kissing.

"Could you take me home?" I asked.

He smiled. "Yeah," he said.

He pecked me a kiss on the cheek. He took out his wallet and put money on the table for the fries and cokes. Then we got out of the booth and walked out of the diner holding hands. I got into his car and he drove me home. I looked out of the window as he drove. I could feel him glance at me every now and then. It gave me a warm feeling in my gut-a fluttery feeling.

One of the times, I looked back at him. He smiled and I smiled back. I was falling. I was falling fast. He reached one hand over and put it on mine. I fixed our hands so our fingers interlocked perfectly. When we reached my house, I was disappointed that I had to leave him.

"I'll walk you to the door if you want," he said.

I smiled. "I'd like that."

He put his car in park, but left the engine running. We got out and walked to my door with our hands interlocked. When we reached the door, he faced me and smiled again, our hands still tightly locked together.

"I'll call you?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said. "But, ya know you don't have to ask."

Joey smiled his invincible smile and leaned in for a kiss. His snake bites felt cold against my lips and sent a shock of pleasure throughout my body every time I kissed him.

"I'll see ya later," he said.

"Yeah," I said.

I reluctantly let go of his hand and watched him walked back down to his car. I walked into my house and immediately saw my dad sitting in the living room once I passed the foyer.

"Hey, son," he said.

"Hey, dad."

"Have you thought about what your brother might like for his birthday?" he asked.

"No, sorry. I'll go with you to the mall tomorrow and we'll probably find something."

My dad was starting to spend more time at home. I don't really know why. He started this past weekend while Sam was in LA for Travis' family reunion. I think something happened between those two when Sam asked for permission. Dad hasn't really been the same. He's been less tense.

"I'm going to bed, dad," I said.

"Okay," he said. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I walked upstairs and when I walked into my room, I walked in on something that I never wanted or want to walk into ever in the future-my little brother was-ew-playing with himself. I covered my eyes in horror and he quickly covered himself.

"Don't you fucking knock?!"

"It's my room too, retard...EW!" I am scarred for life. "Is everything covered up now?"

"Yeah, yeah."

I ran to my bed and through my covers over my face. "Ew..." I cried. "I can't believe I walked in on that."

"Come on. Don't act like you've never done it before."

"Yeah, but I wait until I'm alone or until I know I won't be interrupted. It's common sense!"

"Whatever," he said.

"Why are you getting home so late anyway?"

"I was out with my friend Joey."

"Friend...Right."

"Look, right now he is just a friend."

"A friend with bennys?"

"Shut up," I said.

"Why can't you just tell me? I'm old enough. I'm not a little kid."

"Okay, fine. If you must know, I think we might be heading in the direction of more than friends."

"See, that wasn't so bad."

"So, you're really okay with all of this-that three of four of your brothers like guys?"

"I never had a problem with it, Alex. I was only mad at Sam because he never told me. I thought Sam and I were tight, like buddies. Now, I really don't know what we are besides brothers."

"Sam cares about you, Kyle. He just wasn't ready to tell anyone. Hell he didn't even tell Tyler or me."

"I know. I'm getting over the anger I had towards Sam. The talk we had was really good."

"I'm glad. Now...can we go to bed?"

 

 

  •  

 

 

The next morning was the first morning in a long time that I can remember that our entire family was at the table for breakfast, minus Ryan of course. Mom cooked a special breakfast. It was like being in a diner. There were eggs, bacon, sausages, hashed browns, pancakes, orange juice, apple juice, and coffee.

"Wow, mom, this looks great," said Sam as he came into the kitchen.

He sat down in his usual chair between Tyler and me. My mom served us all plates and we all started to dig in. Sam would tell stories of the family reunion. Kyle told the stories of his latest winning soccer game. Tyler made jokes, as usual. It was a great family meal.

After breakfast, dad and I left for the mall. The two of us walked side by side silently through the mall. Then we past a store that thought would be the perfect place to look for a present for Sam-the pet store.

"I can't get Sam a pet. Pet's are big responsibilities."

"We're talking about Sam here, not me or Tyler, or even Kyle. He's the most responsible one of the family. He practically raised Kyle."

"Thanks," he said with his head down.

"Sorry, I...I didn't mean..."

"No...you're right. Sam has been really great with Kyle. Your mother's always telling me how helpful he is with him."

"Sam loves animals. He'll love a pet."

"Okay, then...let's look in the pet stores."

The pet store was typical. It smelled like wood chips, poop, and sounded like a jungle, except with barking.

"How about a lizard or something? Something he can keep in his room," dad suggested.

"No, that's the one animal Sam doesn't like. Lizards gross him out," I said. "How about a dog? It's something the whole family can enjoy."

"But we're supposed to be shopping for Sam, not the whole family."

"But Sam's always wanted a dog. I know that for a fact. He'd really love one."

"Hmm..." My dad and I walked over to the dogs.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..