Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 2,029 Words
  • 1,296 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 31. Chapter 31

Spending time with Travis' family was so fun, until Jared showed up. Any chance he got he was getting Travis' cousins to heckle us. He was worse than a little kid. He was worse than Ryan in my eyes. At least Ryan had the guts to say what he thinks to our faces.

"Don't let Jared make you uncomfortable," said Travis' uncle, Martin.

"Yeah," said Travis. "He's just being an asshole."

"Trav, did you forget that Martin is his father?" I asked.

"Oh, no worries. Jared is a little asshole," said Martin. I looked at Martin in shock. "Sam, I love my son, but he's small minded. I don't know where he gets it from. He certainly doesn't get it from me."

"Three legged race!" yelled Travis' uncle, John.

"Come on, Sam," said Travis.

"No, you go," I said. "Go with your dad."

"I do it with him every year. I wanna win the race with you."

"But it's family. I don't wanna intrude."

"You are my family." Travis put his hand on mine. "Please." He pecked me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed.

"Fine," I said.

A smile lit up his face and he pulled me to the crowd. Travis' father was doing the race with Travis' sister Grace so I didn't feel as bad for taking Travis away from his father.

Travis' grandma came over and tied legs together with short ropes. All of the teams lined up at the starting line. The length of the race was ten yards and I was completely nervous. Travis knows I suck at anything physical, but he still wanted me to do this. I hope I do well.

Travis' grandmother blew the whistle and all of the teams raced across the line. Travis and I hobbled and hopped as fast as we could. I started getting into it and it was super fun, especially when we started to get ahead of everyone. We slowly started gaining the lead and I worked my ass off to keep it. And when we won, it was like no other feeling in the world. Everyone that wasn't in the race cheered for us; including Travis' grandma. And Travis gave me a big celebratory kiss that made me blush.

Travis bent down to untie us. He hugged me, but I pushed him away gently. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm all sweaty," I said.

"I don't care," he said. He hugged me anyway.

I hugged him back tightly and I didn't want to let go, but let go anyway. He and I walked hand in hand back to our table. Before we sat down, Travis' Uncle John yelled that dinner was ready. The family lined up beside the barbeque to get their burgers, hot dogs, and whatever else that John might've grilled, i.e. vegetables or chicken or ribs. Behind us in line was Travis' cousin Ryan Goodwin.

Ryan is a lot like Travis. He's tall with lustrous brown hair, eyes that could burn a hole in your soul, a smile that shines bright, and a body to kill for. Travis and he seem to be really close as well. They would go back and forth in their conversation like brothers, like Tyler and I do sometimes.

While Ryan and Travis were talking, I heard Jared behind us. He was talking to a younger cousin of theirs, Jordan. Jordan was about thirteen and Jared was acting about the same age.

"I don't know why they were cheering those faggots. They only won because all of the other teams had girls on them."

Jordan laughed. "I can't believe Travis is a queer."

I looked at Travis who was oblivious to the conversation. I felt bad for him. I wouldn't want anyone from my family talking like that hated me. Sure Travis talks like he hates Jared, but deep down, I really think he cares about what his family thinks.

After dinner, Travis took me to the far side of the ranch. It was getting dark and he wanted to spend some alone time with me. Of course, I didn't complain. He took me to a place that was a lot like a camping spot. There was a fire pit and a bench. There was some wood already in the put. Travis took some newspaper, lit it with a lighter from his pocket and stuck it under the wood.

The fire eventually got going and Travis sat on the bench with me. He put his arm around me and pulled me in close. My heart fluttered with love and excitement. Being close to him still excites me.

"I think this is the best family reunion that I've ever been to," said Travis.

"Well, seeing as that I've never been to one, than I'd have to agree," I said.

"Your family doesn't have reunions?"

"Not really. The adults in my family don't really get alone too well." He stayed silent and I segued into the conversation I wanted to have with him about Jared. "Speaking of family members that don't get along..."

"What is this about Jared?" he asked.

"You should try and work things out with him."

"That's sweet, but this thing with Jared and I started way before he found out that I'm gay. We've never gotten along. Now, you and your brother Ryan, that's something we need to fix."

"Okay, okay-point taken," I said.

"Hey ladies," said Grace walking over to the bench. She sat next to Travis. "Well isn't this all romantical?"

"Grace, some privacy please?"

"You're at a family reunion. The last thing you're going to get is privacy. Besides, everyone's leaving and I have no one else to talk to."

"Go talk to dad."

"Psh, yeah right-boring."

Travis looked at her sternly. "Grace...leave...now..."

"Alright, alright...I'll leave you two get to sucking face."

Grace rolled her eyes and left. Travis looked back at me and sighed. He smiled and brought his head in to kiss me. At first I thought it would be a deep kiss, but it was just a peck...and I liked it. I know that's a bit obvious by now, but I've become so used to just making out with Travis, that this little peck really turned me on. Then again, Travis really turned me on in general.

It was the way he touched me softly and gently as if I was a fragile figurine. It was the way he kissed me slowly. It was the way he told me that he loved me. He'd look me deep in the eyes, put his hand on mine (most of the time), and let the three words out. His voice would get deeper than usual-sexier. He usually smiled after he told me. Shit, I love his smile. It's really wide and he has little dimples and his eyes wrinkle up.

"Travis..."

"Yup?"

"What happens when the summer is over?" I asked. "Do...Are you coming back here?"

"The truth is...I don't know." He held me closer and the fire cracked and popped in front of us. "When I got to Stone Lake, my plan was to come back at the end of the summer. I didn't plan on you, Sam. Now...now I don't know what I'm gonna do. My whole life was here in LA. But...But you're my life now Sam. I can't imagine my life without you."

"So..."

"So, in the morning, I'm gonna talk with my dad and see if I can transfer to Stone Lake for my senior year. I can't leave. Not with you there."

Tears filled my eyes and it was the feeling of pure happiness that filled my body and my soul. I kissed him tightly on the lips.

"Alright love birds," said Mr. Parker. "It's time to come in. Put that fire out. Your grandma had dessert ready."

"Ooh, come on. My grandma makes the best blueberry pie in three counties," said Travis. He pecked me on the cheek, took my hand and stood me up. We both threw dirt onto the fire to put it out and then followed Mr. Parker into the house.

"I found them," said Mr. Parker. "They were having a romantic date under the stars."

"Dad," Travis complained and blushed.

"Ooh, how romantic...under the stars and all," said Travis' Aunt Pauline-Ryan's mom.

Travis was blushing bright red, but this was the one time that I wasn't blushing. It was amusing to see Travis blush. I've only seen him do it a couple of times. Most of them have been here at the reunion.

"Mom, leave the guy alone. It was obviously private," said Ryan.

"Everyone just leave Travis and Sam alone," said Travis' grandma walking out of the kitchen with a big tray full of slices of blueberry pie on small dessert plates. She started handing them out to everyone with a fork on each plate. When she reached me she smiled and handed me the plate. "You enjoy."

"Thank you, Mrs. Parker," I said with a smile.

 

 

  •  

 

 

That night, getting ready for bed after everyone was gone was a bit surreal. We were in a bedroom that was designated for us and we had clothes and things packed in the closet and drawers. It was like our room and it was like seeing into the future. At first I was scared. I wasn't sure if I was ready for a really serious relationship, especially if it was going to be my first relationship.

But when I look at Travis, I can't imagine being with anyone else. So maybe I am ready for a serious relationship with him. After all, I was happy when he said he was moving to Stone Lake permanently, or at least going to discuss it with his dad. After all, Nancy had to approve of it as well.

"Good night," he said as we got into bed.

I felt the skin of our bare legs touch and felt the clash of the fabrics of our boxers. It sent a shudder throughout my entire body.

"Good night," I said as he put me in his arms. "I love you."

"I love you too," he said and he pecked me on the cheek.

He turned off the lamp and we were engulfed by darkness. I held onto him tightly and rested my head against his chest.

When I woke up the next morning Travis was gone. I was confused. Wouldn't he wake me if he was getting up? I got out of bed and walked to the closet to get some jeans on. After I put on the jeans, I got my shoes on and walked downstairs. When I got there, Travis and his family were surrounding a cake. It was a birthday cake.

"Happy birthday!"

I smiled and walked over to them.

"We would've had candles but we didn't know when you'd be up," said Travis.

"Thanks you guys," I said.

"Happy birthday, Sully," said Travis and he pecked me on the cheek.

"Wait, I'll get the candles," said Travis' grandma. "You should have something to blow out."

She scurried into the kitchen and came back with three birthday candles and a lighter. She carefully placed the candles on the cake and then lit them.

"Go ahead," she said. "Make a wish."

I made my wish-one that I'm not even going to tell you. I blew out the candles and everyone clapped. Travis put his arm around the small of my back and pulled me in close to him. It was one of the best birthdays I've ever had. I just wish my brothers were here. But that wasn't my birthday wish, so don't get your hopes up.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..