Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,544 Words
  • 1,554 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 34. Chapter 34

When I got back from the family reunion, I waited a few days before I sat down with my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Martin to ask them about living with them. I wanted to make sure Jared was gone and that my place with them was perfect.

"What is it that you wanted to talk to us about, Travis?" asked Aunt Nancy as we sat at the kitchen table.

"Well, when I came to Stone Lake it was to get away from my parents' divorce and I had every intention going back and going to school and living with whoever was closer to my school. But..."

"You never planned on meeting Sam," said Uncle Martin.

"Right," I said with a smile. "And well, I love Sam and I could never imagine being apart from him." I took a deep breath. "What I'm trying to ask is-can I live her with you so I can stay near Sam."

The both smiled at me. "Of course you can, sweetie. We'd love to have you."

Uncle Martin smiled at me. "So what exactly is your plan?"

"Well, I was planning to finish off my senior year here with Sam and hopefully Sam and I can go to the same college."

"Aw, young love is so sweet," said Aunt Nancy.

"Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate this."

"What're doing here with us?" Uncle Martin asked. "Go tell Sam."

I smiled. "See you guys later."

I walked out of the house as fast as I could and walked over to the Sullivan house. I knocked on the door. Mr. Sullivan answered. I've never met him before, but I knew it was him. He looked exactly like Sam, but older.

"Can I help you?" he asked.

"Hi, um...is Sam here?"

"You must be Travis," he said. "Come on in. He's upstairs in his room."

I walked in and Mr. Sullivan closed the door behind me. I waited in the living room, figuring he'd rather Sam and I talk where he could see us.

"Go on up," he said. "I'm sure you know where it is."

Mr. Sullivan left into the kitchen and I just walked up the stairs. I knocked on Sam's door and when he opened, I laid a big fat kiss on him.

"Mm, that was nice," he said. "What's up?"

"Well are you gonna invite me in or what?"

"I don't know. You might be a vampire. And if that's the case then that would be a mistake wouldn't it."

I smirked. "I'm not gonna lie. I wouldn't mind sucking on your neck."

"Ooh, in that case-come on in."

He took my waist and pulled me in. I was never more turned on. When did my Sully get so bold?

He kept pulling me back until he fell back onto his bed and I was on top of him. Our lips met and so did our tongues. We rolled over on the bed so we were both on our sides. I held him close to my body and stared into his eyes.

"The door's still open," I said.

"I couldn't wait," said Sam. "I feel like it's been forever."

"It's only been a day since we've seen each other."

"That's still forever to me," he said before he pressed his lips against mine. He rolled over me and straddled me, still bent down kissing me.

He quickly got off of me when we heard a throat clear and then a giggle. We looked to the door and saw Alex.

"Mom wants to know if Travis is staying for lunch," said Alex with a slight smirk.

"Right, um..." Sam looked at me.

"Sure," I said.

"Well, let me close this because lunch won't be ready for another twenty minutes," said Alex with a little ring in his voice. He shut the door and I turned back to Sam whose face was red as a street light.

"So where were we?" I asked.

"Oh my God, I'm so embarrassed," he put his hands over his face.

I pulled his hands down. "Don't be. It's not like your brother doesn't make out with Joey."

"But did you see his face. He was totally laughing at us."

"No he wasn't."

"On the inside he was."

"Aren't you the big brother here?"

"What?"

"Stop worrying about what your brother's think. They should be worried about what you think."

Gosh, I love him. I don't think I could love anyone else more than I love Sam Sullivan. I'm really gonna miss him when this thing between us ends. I'm not saying that I'm gonna break up with him or anything. I'm just saying that-nothing lasts forever. Especially since Sam and I are so young. Something is bound to happen to break us up. I just hope that when it ends, we can still be friends, because I will never love anyone the way that I love Sam.

 

 

  •  

 

 

We sat down at the table to eat lunch. Mrs. Sullivan made mini burgers with steak fries and coleslaw. Every now and then Mr. Sullivan would glance over at me. It wasn't a mean glance, but a curious one. It was as if he approved of me, but still wasn't quite comfortable with the whole situation of me and his son. I was actually sympathetic. If it was this difficult him to accept Sam-what it be like when two of his other sons came out?

"How was your family reunion Travis?" Mrs. Sullivan asked. "Sam never tells us anything."

"It was great," I said after a bite of a fry. "My family really loved Sam. We all got along really well. Sam and I even won the three legged race."

"Oh, isn't that nice."

"Well, there was one glitch," I said.

Everyone stopped. "What's that?" Mr. Sullivan asked.

"Travis' grandma's special sauce had olive oil in it," said Sam.

"Oh my God, Samuel, what happened was everything okay? Did you get to a hospital?"

"Yes, Sam taught me how to use the EpiPen a little while ago," I said.

"Then Travis' dad took us to the hospital. Everything's fine."

"Yeah, but I was still worried," I said.

"I think that's an understatement," said Sam. "Travis practically had a heart attack."

"Well, I've never seen anything like that happen to anyone. Seeing it happen to you was, like, super terrifying."

Sam put his hand on top of mine, rubbed it, and then went back to his food. The way Sam's family talked was like one of those perfect 50's television families. Mr. and Mrs. Sullivan would ask what's new in their kids' lives, but I bet if they really knew about Tyler and Alex, they wouldn't be asking. Well, at least if Mr. Sullivan knew.

"Sam, did you show Travis the present that your dad got you for your birthday?" Mrs. Sullivan asked.

"Oh, no...I haven't gotten the chance," said Sam.

I spotted Alex smiling on the other side of the table.

"Well, when you're done, you should go outside and show him."

"We're done," said Sam, eagerly. He took a napkin and wiped his mouth.

"Fine," said Mrs. Sullivan. "Go ahead."

Sam took my hand and brought me outside. As soon as he opened the door, I head a tiny bark. A Jack-Russell puppy came galloping towards Sam.

"Hey, Rusty!" called Sam.

I was amazed and so happy for Sam. He loves animals and talked about wanting a dog. Sam picked the white and brown puppy into his arms and carefully handed him to me. I held it and pet it as Sam started to ramble about it. He was so cute and happy that I just put down the puppy and put my arms around him. I put my hand on the back of his head and rubbed his short hair.

"I love you," I said.

He smiled at me. "I love you too."

I pecked him a kiss. "Oh! Guess who's staying here for their senior year of high school?"

"Oh my God, are you fucking serious?!" He pressed his lips against mine, but I was too shock to kiss back. I'd never heard Sam curse-ever. This is so great.

"Yeah," I said. "I just talked to Nancy and Martin and they said that I could stay."

He shook his head in disbelief. "I love you so much."

He placed his lips on mine again, this time softly. We stood there kissing for a while. Sam's dad came out and we stopped.

"Um...Sam, you've got a bedroom for a reason." He put his head down and looked away.

"Sorry, dad."

"Don't be sorry. Just-Just go."

Sam smiled and we walked passed his dad into the house, up the stairs and into the room. This time we closed the door.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..