Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,174 Words
  • 1,470 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 12. Chapter 12

Making love with Julian was the highlight of my entire life, but I still don't know how to tell Ryan. He was being such a jerk today and I can't handle any more of that. I just want to runaway with Julian and never come back. But I can't leave Sam and Alex, or even Kyle.

"As much as I hate it, we have to go. Sam can't cover for us forever," I said.

"Yeah, okay," said Julian. "That was really cool what he did, covering for you and Alex so you wouldn't have to come out before you're ready."

"Yeah, Sam's always looking out for everyone else but himself. That's why I tried to get him to talk to Travis so many times. I wonder what finally made him talk to him."

"Actually, he came to me for advice today while you were out. Well, first he told me that if I hurt you, he would hurt me. Then he asked me for advice."

"He said that; that he would hurt you?"

"Not in so many words, but basically yeah."

Tyler smiled and I smiled too.

"What'd he ask your advice about?"

"About Travis," he answered.

"And he listened to you and not me? I can't believe him."

"I think he just needed an objective opinion."

"Thanks for helping him," I said as I got up.

"I'm used to giving advice. I've got two little brothers and two little sisters at home. I give advice to them all the time."

We started to get out clothes back on and then walked downstairs hand in hand. When we walked out of the theater, I was immediately shocked by the sight of Emily Pratt; my ex-girlfriend. She was with her best friend Laura Kinney. I don't know why, but I immediately let go of Julian's hand.

"Hey Tyler," said Emily. "Who's your friend?"

"Um, this is Julian. Actually, he's Ryan's friend."

"Ryan's back in town? That's cool." I could tell she was checking Julian out. I knew that he wasn't interested in her, but I still felt like I wanted to scratch her eyes out. I didn't care that I used to care about her.

"Sorry Julian, this is Emily; my ex-girlfriend. And this is her friend Laura," I said.

"Hey," said Laura.

They both were kind of similar looking with long brown hair and thin figures, with light skin. Emily's eyes are green and Laura's are brown. I've always kind of liked Laura better than Emily, but Emily is definitely hotter.

"So, you're in college with Ryan," Emily asked with a smile.

"Yeah," said Julian. Then, he turned to me, "We should go."

"Wait, there's a party this weekend at my house," said Emily. "You should all come. Um, but leave that dorky brother of yours behind. Sam is so not cool."

"Don't say shit about Sam, Emily. You don't know him."

"Yeah, Em, Sam's a really cool guy," said Laura.

Emily looked at Laura with her eyebrow raised. "Really, Laura? Whatever, just don't bring him. But make sure you are there."

"I'm not going to your lame party, Emily. In fact, I'm gonna have my own party this Saturday...at the lake."

Emily sneered and then walked away, dragging Laura beside her. I laughed and Julian laughed with me. He started going on about he thought it was cool of me to defend Sam, but it was just instinct to me. A lot of people are hard on my brother in this town, but he doesn't deserve it. He's a really good guy.

"So what was all that with Emily about?" asked Julian.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

We weren't walking hand in hand because I wasn't ready to come out to the town.

"Well, you said she was an ex-girlfriend, but you didn't really seem to like her."

"She cheated on me with Steve Bell," I said. "And she's a real bitch. I was only with her because she's hot."

"Deep," said Julian sarcastically. "Is that why you're with me?"

I could tell that this was something that annoyed Julian. But, I'm not only with Julian because he's hot. He is very hot, but I just feel this connection with him and I can't ignore it.

"No, I'm not with you just because you're hot. How can you ask me that? You feel the connection between us right?"

"Of course I do, but I don't know. That was just really shallow; what you said right now."

"I know, but I went out with her in the eighth grade. I was shallow then. Every guy is shallow then; gay, straight, bi, whatever."

"I guess you're right. I'm sorry. I just...I feel really strongly about you and it scares me when you say things like that. I couldn't be with someone that thought like that."

"Well, I'm not like that anymore. I wouldn't do that to you." I wanted to kiss him, but I couldn't. We got to Sam's car and we were finally on our way back to the house.

 

 

*                      *                      *

 

 

 

"Where have you guys been? It's almost dark," said Ryan as we walked into the house.

"Tyler was showing me around town," said Julian.

"I thought I was gonna do that," said Ryan.

"You were being an asshole. Why would I even wanna be around you?" Julian asked.

"Whatever, you still have to sleep in the same room as me," said Ryan.

"Well, we can fix that can't we?" Julian turned to me. "You wouldn't mind switching with me would he?"

"Um..." Why couldn't he switch with Sam? "Sure," I answered anyway.

"This is ridiculous," said Ryan, getting mad as usual.

"No, the way you're acting is ridiculous," said Julian. "I can't believe you were actually going to out your two brothers. Thank God that Sam stepped in. He's a real brother."

I could see the hurt in Ryan's eyes, but he would never let on as much. He's too macho. He just walked away; upstairs.

"I'm sorry that I didn't have Sam switch. I just don't think it's a good idea to sleep in the same room; too many temptations."

"Right," I said. "You're right."

Whatever, I'm not disappointed at all that he won't be sleeping in my room; not one bit. Now, I can get to know right better.

Yeah right, who am I kidding? Ryan's turned into an asshole and I'm falling for his best friend. I just know it. I know I'm falling in love with him. What will he do then? I don't even want to think about it. And now my brother gets to share a room with my...I don't know what he is.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..