Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,682 Words
  • 1,671 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 32. Chapter 32

Sam had just got back from Travis' family reunion and Ryan and Julian were packing to go back to the university. I knew that now was the time that I needed to tell my mom about my relationship with Julian. Now was a good time because she couldn't kick him out.

So, I waited until Julian was about to leave. Ryan, who could barely look at Julian, went to silently put their bags in his Jeep. I asked Julian to wait before he went outside. I brought my mom into the living room. I looked at Julian and he looked at me in understanding.

"Mom," I said. "There's something that I have to tell you."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Julian and I...we've been dating the entire summer. We're a couple."

Her face went as pale as a ghost. She looked at Julian and then looked at me. Then again. She looked at Julian and then back at me.

"This is a joke isn't it?"

"No, it's not," I said. "This is for real."

"Julian could you please leave us for a minute?" she asked.

"No mom," I said. "He stays. Whatever you have to say, you can say in front of him."

"Tyler he's too old for you. For God's sake, he's a man. Tyler...this can't happen."

"It's too late for that. I love him."

"So, is this what you do?" she asked Julian. "I let you in my house and treat you like my own and you seduce my son; a child?"

"Mrs. Sull-"

"Mom, that's not what happened," I interrupted. "We met at a GLBT gathering by the university-a meeting. He didn't know who I was when we met. It wasn't until he got here that he did."

"Does Ryan know about this?"

"He's not really too happy about it," I said.

She looked at me with a face of worry. "Son, I just...I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Mrs. Sullivan, I love your son. I would never hurt him."

She looked at Julian skeptically. "I guess there's really nothing I can do. I wish this wasn't happening but is." She put her arms out and I gave her a big hug.

"Thank you Mrs. Sullivan-for everything," said Julian.

"You're welcome, Julian. It really was a joy having you."

Julian walked out and I followed him. We walked to the end of the driveway. Ryan had started the Jeep and was waiting. I looked back and saw my mom watching at the door. Ryan was watching as well. I didn't care. I kissed him. It would be the last time I would do that for a while. I wasn't going to let either of them spoil it.

He looked me in the eyes after the kiss. "I love you," he said.

"I love you, too," I said.

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Come on! We're on a schedule!"

Julian looked at Ryan and then back at me. "We'll talk soon okay. I'll call you."

"I miss you already," I said.

Sam walked out of the house and so did Alex. "Wait," said Sam. He walked up to Julian and hugged him. Julian is a lot smaller than Sam, so Sam seemed to swallow him up. "We'll miss you," he said.

"Yeah," said Alex, hugging him too. "It was cool having you here."

"Yeah, I have a feeling that I won't be invited back," he said.

"Especially once my dad finds out," said Alex.

I thought that this should really be a goodbye for Ryan, but he's been a douche this past summer, so he doesn't deserve a goodbye. Mom was really the only one sad to see Ryan leave, but their goodbye took place a few minutes earlier.

Finally, Julian got into Ryan's jeep and I watched them drive away. Sam patted and rubbed my back as the disappeared down the street. It was comforting to know that I'll always have him, my big brother, to be there for me when I need him.

The three of us walked back into the house and sat in the living room on the couch. Kyle came walking down the stairs. He looked at the three of us and into the kitchen where mom was. He looked back and walked in front of Sam.

"Did they leave?" he asked.

"Yup," said Sam.

"You think...Can we talk for a sec?" asked Kyle.

"Sure," said Sam. "I've gotta a little time before my meeting with Larry."

Sam got a meeting with Larry for a job at the diner. Apparently he'd promised dad he'd get a job. The summer is almost over. I have no idea why Sam's getting a job now.

Sam and Kyle walked upstairs. I looked at Alex. "What's that about?" I asked.

"I think Kyle's finally realized what he has to do," said Alex.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Can't you mind your own business?" asked Alex.

The doorbell rang and as usual, I'm the one who answers it. It was that hottie that Alex has been seeing, Joey. I can't believe Alex snagged a guy this hot. I let the hottie in and he sat next to Alex on the couch. I sat on the loveseat cattycorner to the couch.

"So what are you two doing tonight?" I asked.

"None of your business," said Alex. "And no, you can't tag along."

"Shit, I was just wondering. Just because my boyfriend's gone doesn't mean I'm desperate to hang out with you two."

"Well, actually I just came to see Alex. I didn't really have anything planned," said Joey.

"Isn't that sweet," I said bitterly. I was already missing Julian. Seeing Alex and Joey kind of made me sick. I got up from the couch and walked upstairs. I thought I'd help Sam move his stuff out of my room and back into his.

"What's wrong?" asked Sam.

"What do you mean? Why would something be wrong?" I asked.

"Because you're helping me," said Sam.

"Shit, can't a guy do anything nice around here?"

Sam looked at me with his eyes down, knowing that I was just covering. It was the first time that I really felt vulnerable. I waited until we reached his room, set his stuff down and then sat on his bed. He sat next to me.

"You already miss him," said Sam.

"I just really don't know what to do when he's not here."

"You managed before him and you will again."

"I don't wanna go back to the way things were before. Would you wanna go back to the way things were before you met Travis?"

"No, not really," he said. "How about we do something tonight-just us bros, no boyfriends?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, we can go to Fun World."

Fun world is one of those mini amusement park places with miniature golf, go carts, bumper cars, and a huge arcade. I hadn't been there in forever. It was in Dharma with all the rest of the fun stuff this county has to offer.

"That's sounds cool," I said.

 

 

  •  

 

 

The four of us-Sam, Alex, Kyle, and I-sat in the car impatiently waiting to arrive at Fun World. When we did, we all ran out of the car to get to the entry. We immediately went for the go karts racing. There were only four karts, so we took up one entire race as a group. Alex won of course. He's always been good at these types of race things.

He walked off the go kart coarse gloating and walking with his chest puffed out. Kyle suggested we go to the bumper cars next. We got in line for the bumper cars.

"So what was that talk about?" I asked Sam and Kyle.

"We just came to an understanding," said Sam.

"About what?" I asked.

"I told you to mind your own business," said Alex.

"I'm just curious," I said.

"Well, Kyle understands that just because I'm gay doesn't change anything about me," said Sam.

"I was just a little confused," said Kyle.

"Is that why you've been acting funny?" I asked.

"I guess," answered Kyle.

We finally reached the bumper cars and I don't think I've ever had more fun with my brothers. We drove around the bumper car rink laughing and screaming at each other and of course bumping into each other.

"Okay," said Sam. "It's time for golf."

"Yeah, let's go," said Kyle.

"Teams?" asked Alex.

"Me and Alex versus Sam and Kyle?" I suggested.

"Fine by me," said Kyle.

"Yup," said Sam.

"Let's do it already," said Alex.

And we were off to the miniature golf course. It was of course full of exaggerated caricatures of world landmarks and other various objects such as windmills and circus tents. We got through half of the course and Sam and Kyle were leading by a lot. I usually am very good at golf, but I was off tonight. And it didn't help that Alex and I were bickering about minor things throughout the entire game.

When Sam and Kyle won the game, they celebrated with a big hug. It was nice to see those two back to the way that they were before Sam came out. Ever since dad took the chief of staff job at the hospital, Sam was like a father to Kyle. He did everything for him. When Sam came out, Kyle took it kind of hard. But it looks like he got over it. Things might be starting to look up in the Sullivan house.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..