Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,813 Words
  • 1,450 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 26. Chapter 26

"Oh gosh, Parker family reunion is coming up this weekend," I heard Aunt Nancy saw from the kitchen.

I knew this couldn't be right. No. It couldn't be. No. It can't.

"What'd you say?" I asked, walking into the kitchen where she was reading the mail.

"The Parker family reunion-it's this weekend."

"No, it can't be."

"Actually it is," she said.

"No. I mean that's Sam's birthday. It's on Saturday."

"Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry. I'm sure Sam will understand."

I just left the kitchen in total shock. What am I gonna tell Sam. He's gonna be crushed. He should be calling any minute to tell me what happened with Delia. What am I gonna tell him?

The doorbell rang, but I didn't think it was Sam because he was supposed to call. It ended up to be him anyway. When I answered the door, Aunt Nancy came into the foyer to see who it was.

"Hello Sam. It's good to see you again."

Sam looked miserable, but he pressed his lips into a smile. "Hey, Mrs. Peters," he said.

Aunt Nancy walked back into the kitchen and I took Sam by the hand and brought him upstairs. We walked into my room laid on my bed. I put my arm around him and he cuddled into me.

"What's wrong, Sam?" I asked. "It didn't go well with Delia?"

"No. It was awful." I saw a tear drop fall down his cheek.

I wiped his cheek and then softly kissed it. "Tell me what happened."

"I guess she's had a crush on me the entire time we've known each other. She's totally embarrassed. I'll be surprised if she ever wants to see me again."

"I'm sure she'll see you again. You are best friends after all."

"I'm so scared. I don't want to lose her."

He sniffled and I hugged him tighter. "I guess you don't want to go to that party tonight then?"

"If you don't mind," he said.

"Of course I don't mind."

"We can do something else if you want."

"Like what?"

"Like go on our first official date. That'll make me feel better."

"You couldn't have come up with a better idea." I brought his face to mine and I kissed him.

"I'm gonna go," he said. "I don't wanna take up your time."

"Wait, there's something I've gotta tell you first."

"What is it?"

"I know you don't really need this right now, but I just found out that my family reunion is this weekend."

"But Saturday's my birthday," he said. I wanted to tell him right then that I'd skip the reunion, but I couldn't.

"I know," I said. "But reunions are a big deal in my family and...and it's gonna be hard for me to get out of it."

"This day keeps on getting better doesn't it?"

"I'm sorry, baby. I know you were looking forward to spend your birthday together. I was too. But there's no way that I can get out of going."

"Can-Can we just go to that movie?" he asked.

"Can you wait here while I take a shower?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said. "I'll wait here."

I grabbed some underwear from my drawer and then headed for the shower. Sam was all I could think of while I was in there. An unavoidable side effect of that was a rock hard boner. Every time I think of Sam, I just get flustered all over. I get turned on.

As I dried myself off, I tried not to think of Sam. I didn't want to go back into my room with a tent pitched in my boxers. It worked, sort of. I still had a semi when I walked into the room.

"Damn, you look sexy," he said.

I smiled, "No, that would be you." I talked over my shoulder.

I tried to not think of Sam naked. For some reason, that always happens. Sam is a knockout naked. My boner came back. But before I could get some shorts on, Sam came up behind me and started to kiss my neck. I laughed.

"Baby, I need to get dressed," I said as he kissed my neck.

"Why? I like you like this."

He turned me around. I tried to resist, but I couldn't. He looked straight down at me and smiled at my boner.

"That was quick," he said with a smirk.

"I was trying to hide it. I've had it since I came into the room," I told him. "I was thinking about you in the shower and it never went away."

"So that's why you never faced me when you came in." He smiled at me. "You don't have to be embarrassed. I'm your boyfriend after all."

I felt relieved. "I don't know. I just-I didn't know how you'd react."

"I love you. I love every inch of you. Boners tend to come with that territory."

He smiled at me and all I wanted to do was kiss him, so I did. This didn't help my boner situation at all-especially with him pressing up against me.

"We can't go any further," I said. I really hated it. "Jared and, and my Aunt Nancy are here."

"Okay, okay," he said as he pushed off of me.

I turned around and pulled some shorts from my drawer. I put them on and then went into my closet to grab a t-shirt.

"I really want to this to happen again," I said. "It just can't happen in the middle of the day when anything can happen."

I sat next to him on my bed and I started to put my shoes on. He had his head on my shoulder. I love him.

"So what kind of movie do you wanna see?"

"Let's see a horror movie," I said.

"Horror? Why a horror?"

"Because I know that you hate horror movies. They scare you. It gives us an excuse to cuddle in the theater."

Sam smiled. "Okay. I guess when you put it that way."

Sam and I walked out of my room holding hands. We walked down stairs and he took my hand again as soon as we reached the bottom.

"Where are you two going?" asked Aunt Nancy

"We're going out to a movie," I said. "We might eat dinner out too,"

"Ooh," she smiled. "That sounds like a date."

I blushed and suddenly, Sam's lips were on my cheek. "Let's go," he said.

"You two have a good time," said Aunt Nancy as we walked out of the door.

"I can't believe you did that," I said as we walked over to Sam's house holding hands.

"What? You said that she was cool with everything."

"She is but-"

"If we can kiss in front of my mom, we can kiss in front of your Aunt. Besides it was just on the cheek."

"Okay, I guess you're right."

"Let's go inside. I gotta get my keys and let everyone know that I'm leaving."

"This'll be interesting. Is Tyler home?"

"Let's hope to God he isn't." I said with a smile.

Sam and I walked into his house. Unfortunately, Tyler was sitting in the living room. Sam grabbed his keys from the living room table and calm walking back to me.

"We're going out," said Sam to Tyler.

"Aw, is it your first date?" asked Tyler. "You'd think the wild sex would come after the first date."

"Tyler, shut up. Just tell mom we won't be back until late."

"I'll make sure she knows that you'll put the motel bill on her credit card."

"TYLER!"

"Okay, okay. I'm just messing with you. Have a good time and all that jazz."

"See ya later," said Sam.

He took my hand and we walked back out of the house and into his car. When he got in, I looked at him and smiled. He knew what I was smiling about.

"Sorry about Tyler," he said.

"It's okay," I said. "I'm starting to get used to him."

"That was fast. I've known him my whole life and he still gets on my nerves."

Sam drove us to the theater where we bought the tickets to a PG-13 horror movie. I know those aren't usually good, but I figured it was okay since Sam is so jumpy in these things.

Almost as soon as the movie was starting, Sam immediately started to squeeze my hand tighter. I put up the arm rest between us and let Sam cuddle into me. It was like there was a switch in his head that told him it was time to be scared. Every now and then I would have to turn to him and tell him it was okay. That was usually our cue to make out for a few minutes to take his mind off of the movie. I couldn't believe how scared he was. Its little quirks like that that helps me love him.

After the movie, Sam drove us to Larry's Diner to have dinner. We sat at in a booth this time-right next to each other. That gave me the impression that he was ready to be out to everyone and not just his family. People looked at us, but I didn't care. Sam didn't seem to care.

"Hey boys," said Kim, our waitress. "What can I get ya?"

"Um?" Sam thought hard, but I knew what we should.

"Two bacon cheeseburgers and two cherry Cokes," I said.

Sam smiled. "Yeah, that sounds great."

"Two bacon and two cherries are coming up," said Kim.

"I have an idea," said Sam.

"You do?" I asked. "About what?"

"About this weekend," he said.

"Really and what's that?" I asked.

"What if I go with you to the family reunion?"

I didn't respond with words. I couldn't. My body started to fill up with joy and nerves at the same time. I immediately let out a giant smile and jumped on him with a huge hug.

"Oh my God! Seriously? You would really do that?"

"Of course I would. I would love to meet your family and it still keep with your promise of spending my birthday with me."

"Gosh, what would I do without you?" I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too," he said before pecking me on the lips.

Kim came with our cokes. "Well aren't you two just the sweetest couple."

I smiled and looked at Sam's red cheeks. "Thanks," I said putting my arm around him.

"Your burgers'll be up in a few minutes."

Being with Sam has been the happiest time of my life and I wouldn't replace it with anything. And now that he's coming with me to the reunion, I know getting to know him even more is gonna be exciting.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..