Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 621 Words
  • 1,395 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 21. Chapter 21

After Ryan left and Tyler went into the trailer, Brian and I went for a walk by the lake. I asked him to come because I wanted to talk over our relationship. I wanted to know where we stood. I knew getting to the point wouldn't be easy, so I started to beat around the bush as they say.

"Sorry for my brother," I said to Brian as we walked. It was just like walking by the lake back home.

"It's not your fault. Man, I can't believe that Tyler and Julian were together this whole time." He smiled. "It's pretty crazy."

He flashed those dimples at me and I was melting. I can't believe that I'm actually in love with him.

"Yeah," I agreed with him. "Seeing them really makes me wonder...wonder where we stand."

"Well, we're-we're friends right?"

"I don't know, Brian. That's the thing. It's like we're more than just friends, but we're not together. It's like we're in limbo or something." I stopped and took his hand. "I'm over trying to make this work as a friendship. I wanna be with you Brain. I-I love you."

Brian took his hand away and it was like taking a bullet in the heart. "Alex...I...I used to feel the same about you...I did, but you're too late. I'm with someone else."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Who?" That was all I could muster up.

"We're not in the stage where we're ready to tell everyone yet. It's kind of just between us."

"I'm not everyone, Brian. I'm your best friend."

"Just chill Alex," said Brian. "I'm gonna tell you; just not today."

I looked into his eyes-his beautiful blue eyes. "I can't believe I missed my chance. I can't believe I didn't get with you the first chance I got-at the lake."

"You did. You missed it and now I feel for someone else what I used to feel for you."

That's when Matt and his girlfriend Ally showed up. They told us that we were about to have dinner. I was disappointed that we couldn't talk more.

I think I was visibly distracted during dinner, because Sam pulled me aside. He told me that he wanted to talk to me and pulled me to the pathway. We started to walk towards the restaurant on the pathway that is normally meant for cars.

"What's up with you, AJ?" Sam asked. "You've been acting weird ever since you got back from your walk with Brain."

"I'm fine," I told him. I kicked some rocks into the air.

"Don't give me that, Alex. You've been sulking. Did you and Brian break up or something?"

"Sam, Brian and I are not together, nor have we ever been together. Okay?"

"Okay, okay...I'm just saying."

I stopped right in the middle of the path and I did something I've never done before - cry because of someone I love. Sam hugged me and him being the big giant six foot brother that he is, I folded into his arms. But I let go as soon as I got a grip on my emotions.

"What's really going on here?" Sam asked.

"Brian's got a boyfriend," I answered.

"Aw, Alex I'm so sorry."

"I loved him, Sam. I really did. But I was too stupid and too scared to do anything about it." I wiped my tears and my nose. A chill went by and I brought my jacket closer to my body.

"Well, he's stupid for not choosing you AJ. But, there's plenty of fish in the sea and all that jazz."

"Thanks, Sam. Can we go back now? I don't want Brian to think that I'm too upset over this."

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..