Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,567 Words
  • 1,757 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 5. Chapter 5

I've been out with a lot of guys and even slept with a few, but I've never even met anyone like Tyler before. We just connected. It was that simple. I've never felt that for anyone. Well, I thought I had. But the pull I have towards Tyler is more than anything that I've ever felt.

When my friend Charlie came up to me and told me that it was time for us to leave, I was more disappointed than I ever been in my entire life. I wanted more time. I needed more time. I didn't even get his last name. It was just Tyler. I hoped he called me.

"So who was that kid you were kissing?" asked Charlie as he drove us back to the university in his small black Toyota.

"I don't know, but I hope I find out soon," I said, looking out of the window at the dark scenery.

"Did you at least get his name?" asked Ruben from the back.

"Tyler," I answered, still looking out of the window.

"Tyler what?" asked Charlie.

"I don't know. I didn't get a chance to ask him." I sighed. "I just hope he calls me."

"Judging by the way he was looking at you; he will," said Ruben.

"You really like him, don't you?" asked Charlie.

"Yeah, Charlie, I do." I never took my eyes from the scenery.

Charlie Henson and Ruben Martinez have been my friends since my freshman year at the university. I met them when I joined the gay-straight alliance on campus. The three of us just connected, but as friends of course.

But neither of them is my best friend. No. That honor goes to Ryan Sullivan. He's been my roommate since freshmen year and has always had my back. Even when I came out to him, he didn't even bat an eye. I love that guy to death. He's probably the best friend I've ever had. Now, going into our senior year, our friendship is stronger than ever. I knew I would have a hell of a story to tell him when I got back.

But when I got back, he was asleep. So, I just changed and got into bed. I didn't get much sleep. I just kept picturing Tyler's sweet face. He had the softest, kissable lips and the sweetest ocean blue eyes. I finally got to sleep, but couldn't wake until one in the afternoon. Even then, Ryan had to hit me in the face with his pillow.

"Wake the fuck up already!" he yelled as he laughed.

"Ew, nasty, I don't know where that pillow's been." I said, rubbing my face.

"We have to go."

Right, I was gonna stay with him for the summer. My parents were going to Florida for the summer to visit relatives. I wasn't really too excited to do that, so Ryan offered to let me stay at his parents' house for the summer and finally meet his family. We were leaving today at two. His plan was to get there just in time for dinner. That was Ryan for you; always thinking about food.

"Do I have time to shower?" I asked.

"Yeah, but you have to hurry because you're still not done packing."

I got up, grabbed some clothes from my drawer, grabbed my shower things, and then hurried down the hall to the showers. I took a quick shower, dressed, and then hurried back to my room. I tried to finish packing while Ryan nagged me to hurry up.

When I finally finished, we darted out of the room, rode the elevator down to the parking lot, and then packed up Ryan's Jeep Wrangler. We were off and the wind blew through our hair as we got onto the highway. It felt unbelievably free. Every now and then I would stick my arms in the air and let out a liberating holler. Ryan would look over at me and smile.

We reached Stone Lake, California at about five pm. Before we grabbed our bags, we walked up to the door. Ryan wanted to say hello to everyone before we thought about our bags. He put a key into the door and we walked into the house. Ryan called out for his mom.

"I'm home," he said.

Suddenly, I heard a thunderous running from upstairs. I saw four bodies come from the stairs, and I nearly fainted when I thought one of them looked just like Tyler. And I froze when I realized it was Tyler. Last night I kissed Ryan's little brother and I like him. Oh, God help me, I really, really like him.

Tyler's face looked about the same as mine, I imagine. He was scared and excited at the same time. When Ryan came to hug him, he was caught off guard because we couldn't take our eyes off each other. Then, Ryan started to introduce me to his brothers.

"You guys, this is Julian. He's gonna stay with us for the summer," said Ryan. "Julian this is Sam, Tyler, Alex, and Kyle; my four little bros."

"I'm gonna go get our bags Ryan," I said.

"Okay, I'll help you," said Ryan.

"No, that's okay," I said.

"I'll help you," said Tyler. I didn't have it in me to say no. We walked out of the house together.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Ryan invited me. He's my best friend." I couldn't believe that's all I could say.

We grabbed bags and started towards the house.

"What are we gonna do? Should we tell him?" Tyler asked.

"I don't know. Give me some time. I'll think of something."

At least I know Tyler's last name now; Sullivan. He was even more beautiful in the setting sun than he was in the darkness of the club. I wanted to grab him and kiss him, but knew that that was out of the picture. We walked into the house with bags on each arm. We set them down in the living room. There is where I met Mrs. Sullivan. She's a tall blonde woman with a gorgeous figure. She was very nice to me.

"Make sure to call me Pam and never Mrs. Sullivan. I want you to feel like this is your home this summer, because, frankly, it is. Um, Sam will bunk with Tyler and you can bunk in Sam's room with Ryan. There's a futon."

I didn't really know if we were both supposed to sleep on the futon or not. I didn't really want to sleep in the same bed as Ryan. That would be just weird. I think Pam saw my concern, because she immediately began to reassure me.

"Don't worry, there's a bed in Sam's room as well," she said. She looked at her watch. "I have to check on dinner. Sam and Tyler will help you with your luggage."

"Actually mom," Sam interrupted. "I'm going to meet Travis right now."

"Okay, well Tyler will help you with your luggage."

And that's exactly what happened. Tyler grabbed a couple of bags and so did Ryan and I. We walked upstairs. It was a very conservative, but darkly colored room. Soon, Ryan jetted out of the room. He said something about taking a shower before dinner, but I was consumed with being in the same room with Tyler. I could feel his energy so strongly that I was practically weakened by it. But, when Ryan left, I was finally alone with Tyler. But the room was still silent. We just sort of started at each other.

"Hey," I finally said.

"Hey," he said back with his head down.

"I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since last night," I said.

"Me too," he said. "I-I've wanted to kiss you ever since I saw you downstairs."

"Maybe...um...can we?" I asked nervously. I started to step cautiously towards him. He stepped towards me as well. Eventually, our fingertips met and then locked together. Our eyes locked into each other and never left.

As we got closer to each other, our noses touched. I felt his breath on my face and I wanted him. I wanted him more than I've ever wanted anybody and when our lips finally touched I quickly grabbed him and pulled him into me. We pulled away after a beautiful ten seconds.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"Ryan doesn't know I'm bi," said Tyler.

"You're bi?" I asked.

"Yeah, why is that a problem?"

"No, I just thought you were gay."

"I just need some time, okay Julian. I need some time to figure out how to tell him."

I don't like hiding my feeling, but I knew that I had to respect Tyler's situation. I agreed to keep our connection a secret. I knew it was going to be one of the most difficult things that I would ever attempt, but I knew that I had to do it for Tyler. At this point, I would do almost anything for him.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..