Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,719 Words
  • 1,433 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 25. Chapter 25

I was really bummed out about Brian when I got home from the camping trip that I just wanted to be around other gay kids and have a good time that didn't involve any drama about love. I couldn't do that around Sam and Tyler because they were both busy with their boyfriends. I had to go somewhere else.

I decided to go to the LGBT youth group in town. It was one of the support and activity group. I remember them saying that they had meetings every afternoon at four. They were usually support type meetings and then with event planning at the end.

I walked to LGBT Alliance building. It was quite a walk. It took me about an hour. It was really hot so I ended up all sweaty. That was the last thing I wanted, but I couldn't help it. I walked into the meeting and there was a group of young people. Their ages looked to range from like fourteen to twenty-two.

There were boy and girls and black people and white people and Mexicans, and Asians-all different sorts of people. Chairs were set up in a big circle and there were cookies, punch, lemonade, and water in the corner. Everyone was around there talking. I didn't recognize anyone from school which was a relief. Most of them probably went to South Stone Lake High.

The meeting moderator called everyone to sit down. He was starting the meeting. My heart was beating so fast that I couldn't really concentrate. I just sat down and looked down into my lap. I could feel and hear everyone sitting down around me.

"First time?" a boy asked next to me.

I looked up and looked at him. He looked about seventeen with brown hair that was down to his ears with blond highlights. His eyes are a deep amber color that I'd never seen before. He's beautiful. He wore a plain white t-shirts and tight dark blue jeans. He also had snake bites, which I thought was completely sexy.

"Yeah, it's my first time," I said.

"I can tell. You look scared shitless. And you're sweating bullets."

"I walked here from the other side of town," I said. "It's hot out."

"You don't drive?" he asked.

"I just got my license and my brother is the only one with a car. He doesn't really let anyone of us drive it."

"Shit, how many people are in your family?"

"Including me-seven."

"Alright, focus everyone," said the moderator. "I'm Jesse and today we're gonna talk about coming out. First things first, though-is there anyone new to the group today?" He was tall and lanky in his late thirties with thinning blonde hair and blue eyes.

My heart started to beat fast. I stood up in my seat and looked around at everyone. All of their eyes were on me. I cleared my throat. "My name is Alex, um...I'm sixteen...um...I'm not completely out yet. My brothers know...but my parents don't." I sat down.

"Would you like to talk about that?" asked Jesse.

"Um..."

"You don't have to if you don't want to," he said.

"No, it's okay."

"Is there a reason why you haven't told your parents?"

"Um, no-not really. I guess I'm just not ready."

"Okay," said Jesse. "Anyone else want to talk about their coming out or anything else?"

The kid next to me stood up. He looked about the same height as me. "I'm Joey Knight. I'm seventeen. I've been coming for a while. I started coming here to get help because I wanted to come out. When I did finally come out, it didn't go over so well at first. My mom couldn't even look at me. My brother stopped talking to me. My dad was the only one who was supportive. It was still a shock for him, but he didn't freak.

"Now everything is a lot better. I've even brought a few guys home and my family has been really welcoming."

"That's great Joey. Thanks for sharing," said Jesse.

A couple of other people got up and shared. They talked about coming out pros and cons. They shared their stories. The last point of business was activities.

"Okay, so...the Albert Apple Festival is coming up quickly and we wanted to know if any of you would like to volunteer to be a part of the design group that will be designing our booth for the festival. You don't have to have an answer now. Just make sure we have your answer within the next few weeks."

I didn't want to talk about anything to do with the name Albert, so I left before the meeting was adjourned. I started to walk home, but a car pulled up next to me. I knew who it was-Joey.

"Let me give you a ride," he said. "Don't worry. I'm not the crazy stalker type."

I smiled and almost even laughed. "I don't think you're a stalker," I said, leaning into his window.

"Come on then, cutie. Let me take you home. It's hot out there."

In order for him not to see me blush, I immediately walked around to get into his car. He smiled and then started to drive again.

"So, where to?"

"Um, just across from the Albert Orchard," I answered.

"Reminds me of Albert Orchard-Why did you leave so quick?"

"I, ah, didn't really feel like listening to the Albert name."

"Um okay Mr. Mystery."

"Brian Albert used to be my best friend," I said.

"What happened? Did he find out you're gay and in love with him and never wants to see you again?"

"Well, one of those is right. He's known that I'm gay for a few months. He-He's gay too," I said.

"So, what? You're in love with him, but you're just a friend to him?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Well, he's crazy. You're hot and you seem like a cool guy."

I'd never been hit on before and I have to say that I kind of liked it. I especially liked it because he's hot and totally my type.

"Are you flirting with me, Joey?"

"Do you mind?"

"No," I said.

I gave him directions to my house and once we got there he parked and looked me in the eyes. I smiled and he smiled widely at me.

"You're hot. That Albert kid is crazy."

"You said that already," I said.

He smiled. "Listen, you wanna go out with me sometime? We could go to a movie or go swimming."

"Sure," I said with a smile.

He took a pad of paper and a pencil out of the center console. He wrote down his number and gave it to me. I wrote down my number on the pad.

"I'll see ya later," I said.

"Is it cool if I call you later?"

"Sure," I said. "Oh, if there's talking in the background that sounds like teasing, I'm letting you ahead of time that it's my brothers. They like to tease."

He smiled. "Okay," I said. "I wish I had brothers. That sounds like a lot of fun."

"Yeah, they're cool. See ya."

I got out of the car.

"See ya," he said.

I walked into the house feeling better than I've felt all week. I walked upstairs and walked into my room. Kyle was there. He just got home from his soccer game.

"Where did you go?" he asked.

"I went out," I said.

"Obviously," he said. "But where?"

"It's none of your business."

"I bet you'd tell Tyler or Sam."

"So?" I asked.

"So, I'm sick of you guys always leaving me out of everything. I could see that you guys didn't tell Ryan that you guys...like guys. But I see you guys every day and none of you told me."

"Look, I didn't know that Sam and Tyler were like me. None of us knew. We weren't leaving out."

"Yeah, but you do now. You didn't even invite me on the camping trip."

"We didn't invite you because you're too young."

"Too young to go camping? What kind of bullshit is that?"

"Easy, Kyle."

"Sorry. I just got back from the game. We lost for the first time this season."

"Dang, that sucks."

"Yeah," he said.

I sat down on the bed next to him. "I went to an LGBT meeting."

"Oh," he said. "Where was it at?"

"Across town by the pool."

"Oh," he said again. "Was it cool?"

"It was okay. I met a guy," I said with a smile. "I think I might go on a date with him."

Kyle shook his head. "That's just weird."

"How is going on a date weird?"

"No. Two guys going on a date is weird."

"It's not that weird. You'll see."

"What does that mean? I'm not going on a date with a guy."

"No, I meant that you'll get used to it. Remember you have two gay brothers and a bisexual one too." He was silent. "How are things with Sam? You guys used to be real close right?"

"Not anymore. I don't ever see him?"

"Have you ever apologized for how you've been acting towards him? You were kind of mean."

"I know," he said putting his head down. "I was just in shock. I treated Travis pretty bad too. I feel really guilty."

"He probably hasn't said anything to you because he wants to give you space to get used to the face that just because he's gay...doesn't mean he's a different person."

"But he's always with Travis. How are we supposed to talk?"

"Well, they're a couple. They're going to be together a lot. And he's not always with Travis. Just talk to him."

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..