Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 2,168 Words
  • 1,645 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Daydreamers - 27. Chapter 27

I was sitting with Tyler in the backyard when Joey called me. He didn't call me that night that we met and I was beginning to think that he wasn't going to call. He called the next day.

Tyler and I were just sitting in the backyard thinking of something to do. I was actually planning on going to the lake with Sam and Travis. I didn't feel like being a third wheel, so I hoped that Joey would come too.

"Who's that? It's not Brian or you'd get that ‘poor me my friend doesn't love me' face."

"It's this guy I met when I went to the LGBT youth meeting," I said.

"Is he hot?"

"Shut up. I have to answer." I answered the phone. "Hello?" I tried to sound less excited than I actually was.

"Hey, Alex, it's Joey from yesterday."

"Oh, hey Joey," I said. "What's up?"

"Ooh Joey," Tyler mocked.

"I called to see if you wanted to hang out," said Joey.

"Well, I was actually gonna go to the lake with my brother Sam," I said. "You can come and meet us if you want."

"Um, okay," he said. "I was hoping to get to see you alone, but that sounds cool."

"Right," I said.

"Sorry I didn't call you yesterday. I got into a fight with the rents and just forgot." "It's cool," I said. "So, we're gonna be at the lake in about a half an hour. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, yeah-I'll see you there."

We hung up and I could feel myself smile.

"So does this mean that you're over Brian?"

"I don't know if I am or not. Joey just helps me not think of him so much."

"Is he at least cute?"

I smiled. "Yeah," I said. "He's totally my type too and he actually likes me."

"Well at least he's cute."

 

 

  •  

 

 

Sam and Travis and I got to the lake a little late due to Sam and Travis' making out in Sam's room. Joey was already there. He had his hands in his pockets and he was looking around.

"Who's that?" Sam asked.

"Oh, that's Joey," I said. "I asked him to come." Sam smiled at me. "What? I wasn't going to be third wheel."

I walked up to Joey who was facing away from me and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and smiled. He has a cute smile. It was sort of shy and so different from his personality which was actually not shy at all. But maybe he's secretly shy and acts confident to hide it.

"Hey," he said in his smile.

"Hey," I said. I turned to point at Sam. "This is my brother Sam and his boyfriend Travis."

"Nice," he said with a smile.

"Sam and Travis, this is Joey."

"Hey," said Travis.

Sam didn't say anything except for, "Let's go in. I'm dying for a swim."

"Same here," said Joey.

Already in our shorts, everyone just took off their t-shirts and started to go in. If I wasn't trying to be cool, I could've stared at him for days. He is literally perfect. He isn't really toned and buff. He has a lean body with flat abs and an amazing sexy chest with nipple piercings. His shorts sat low on his hips, showing off his side oblique abs that created a sort of V towards the sweet spot. His skin was tanned, but not brown. Perfect. This is when I started to crush on Joey. The good thing is that I'm pretty sure that he likes me too. It's just a matter of time.

"So, Joey...are you out?" Sam asked.

"Sam?" I called out.

"It's okay," said Joey. "Yeah, I'm out to my family. They're totally cool with it."

"Cool," said Sam.

The four of us floated around in the lake, cooling off from the early afternoon sun. Joey and I started to float in front of each other, our bodies were inches apart. We both, for some reason, instinctively looked towards Sam and Travis, who were sucking face.

"Maybe we should leave these guys alone," said Joey.

"Yeah," I said.

 

 

  •  

 

 

"So why didn't you tell me your brother is gay?" asked Joey as we started to walk through the woods around the lake.

"You didn't ask," I answered.

"They make a good couple," said Joey.

"Yeah," I said.

"So...is there anything else you're not telling me?"

"My other brother Tyler is bi," I said.

"Whoa you're like the Partridge family or something-completely gay."

I laughed. "I guess. It's kind of funny actually. All three of us were pretty close, but we had no idea that all of us liked guys."

"So how did you find out?"

"Well, there was this big coming out moment here at the lake. I came out and then my brother Tyler came out."

"And Sam?"

"He didn't come out until later," I said. "My brother Ryan doesn't like that I'm gay and my brother is bi. He almost told my parents at dinner one night and Sam came out before Ryan could say anything."

"So, he came out so your parents wouldn't find out?"

"Well...I'm not out to my parents. He knew that I'm not ready. So, he came out instead."

"That's really cool," he said.

"Yeah," I said.

"So...what about you? What do you like to do?"

"I don't know. I like music."

"Really? What's your favorite?"

"Well, my favorite band is 30 Seconds to Mars."

"That's cool. I saw them in LA once."

"Really? That's awesome! Were they amazing? Of course they were amazing. They're 30 Seconds to Mars."

Joey smiled. "Yeah, so...I don't know." He stopped and I stopped with him. "I really like you, Alex and this ‘getting to know you' stuff is really killing me. I need to know if...if you like me too."

I smirked at him, but didn't respond in words. My answer to him was a soft kiss on the cheek. He smiled and did something I didn't expect him to-he blushed.

"So does that mean you like me?"

I giggled. "Yeah, I like you. But...can we just take things slow?

"No problem," he said. "Is it about that Albert kid?"

"Kind of," I said. "I used to love him, but that's over now. It's just-"

"It's hard to get over love," said Joey.

"Yeah, but I like you and...and I wanna get to know you too."

"Good," he said. "So...maybe we should go on a proper date, then."

"I'd really like that," I said.

"How about tomorrow night? We could go get a burger and...and maybe hit the arcade?"

"How romantic," I mocked.

"Well, there isn't much for us to do here in Stone Lake."

"How about we go to Dharma and hit the carnival instead?" Dharma is the next town over and has a carnival every summer.

"I never thought of that," said Joey. "That actually sounds like fun."

"Cool," I said. "Let's go back. It's getting hot again."

Joey and I started to walk back. Sam and Travis were gone. They probably went home to make like bunnies. I didn't mind and Joey most likely didn't mind. We immediately got back into the water, splashing around. Somehow, he ended up kissing my neck. And it felt really good.

I thought that I should stop, but for some reason I couldn't speak up. The feel of his soft, wet lips on my neck felt like a thousand tongues on my body at once. I couldn't stop, so I let it go further. I wanted him to go further-so much for going slow.

I brought his lips to mine and put my tongue in his mouth. He pulled his head away from me and then smiled. I smiled back and we went back to our game of tongue tag-tapping and feeling, and rubbing our tongues together. It was like no other kiss I've had before-including the one I had with Brian.

"Wow," said Joey. "That was amazing. It feels so different with you."

"What do you mean different?"

"I've been with a couple of guys and I've kissed even more, but...with you it just feels so...fucking amazing."

"For me too," I said.

"Come on. Let's go to my place," said Joey.

"And do what?"

"I don't know. Whatever."

"Let's go on our date first," I said with a smile.

"You're killing me Sullivan."

"I know," I said with a smirk.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?"

"Maybe a little."

"Well, maybe we should just go home. The sun is starting to go down."

"Okay," I said.

Joey gave me a ride back to my house. The car ride was loud with the radio volume pretty high. He kissed me on the cheek this time when I was about to get off. I almost did get off the car, but I stopped.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Wanna get down?" I asked.

"M-Meet your family?"

"Well, they are in there."

"I-I don't know. Meeting your family is kind of...I thought we were gonna take it slow."

"It's just meeting my family, Joey," I said. "We're not going in there to tell them we're getting married or anything. I'll tell them you're a friend. Besides, my mom doesn't even know I'm gay. She won't be able to put two and two together."

"But, I'm kind of obvious don't you think? Do you think she'll know that I'm gay and then figure you out?"

"If you don't want to go in, you don't have to. It's not a big deal. I just thought I'd ask."

"I think I'll sit out this time," said Joey. "We have lots of time for meeting families, right?"

"Right," I said. "I'll see you tomorrow night. Call me, okay?"

"Okay. I'll call you."

We kissed again. It was a peck again, but this time on the lips. I smiled and got off the car. I must've had a smile on my face when I walked in because Tyler was immediately on my case. I should've just dodged him by going upstairs, but I didn't. I sat right next to him to fight over the remote.

"So what's up with the smile? Did someone pull a Davey Jones and do it in the woods?"

"EW, no. You're disgusting."

"Sam told me that you and that Joey kid were making oogly eyes at each other."

"So," I said.

"Well, at least you can forget about Brian now. That kid was not good for you."

"I thought you said that I should fight for him?"

"Well now you don't need to. You have Joey."

"Well, it's not really official yet. We're going on a date tomorrow."

"Aw, a date."

"What? Just because you've never been on one."

"I've been on dates with girls."

"Dates are different with guys."

"For you, because you're gay and don't like girls. I'm bi. I still like girls. I like going on dates with girls. Just because I'm with a guy now doesn't mean I'm gay."

"I never said you were gay...gosh...touchy much?"

With that I left. Tyler was getting not fun at all and not like his usual self. I walked upstairs. Kyle was playing video games on the floor in front of his bed. I plopped myself onto my bed and just looked up at the ceiling. My phone vibrated on the nightstand. It was Joey calling.

"That was fast," I said.

"I couldn't wait to call you."

"Who's that?" asked Kyle still focusing on his video games.

"My friend Joey," I said.

"Oh," said Kyle.

"Who was that?" asked Joey.

"My little brother," I said.

"How many brothers do you have?"

"Four," I said.

"Oh, shit."

"Yeah," I said.

"So what's up?"

"I just called to see what you were up to," said Joey.

"Can't get enough of me, huh?"

"No, not really."

I could almost feel Joey blushing through the phone. He had a certain tone in his voice that gave it away. Maybe he is the perfect opportunity for me to get over Brian.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..