Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 5,512 Words
  • 8,278 Views
  • 32 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

9.11 - 70. Chapter 70

 

November 4, 2001

Washington, DC

 

“Ready to go, Mr. Danfield?” the copilot asked. I handed him my bag and smiled.

“I’m ready,” I said, and climbed the steps to Brad’s plane. I sat in the ‘captain’s chair’, as we called it, the seat on the right, next to the phone to the cockpit. He climbed in after me and sealed the door behind him, then went up to the cockpit. The engines were already winding up, and in no time at all, we were taxiing down the runway.

After the plane took off, I settled into the seat, and ruminated about my weekend. The interview at Georgetown had gone well, but I wasn’t sure that was the place for me. It would be strange to be in DC and going to school. Part of me chalked that up to arrogance, since by virtue of my wealth and pedigree, I already had some stature there. Being in DC as a student may diminish that. But the most important reason was that I just didn’t feel an affinity to the faculty members I’d met. They were nice enough, but there was something missing.

I got up and grabbed a bottle of water, then sat back in the seat again. I’d had a fun time in DC, partying with Trevor and his friends, most of whom I knew too. Mary Ellen wasn’t around, and neither was Beau, so it was just the two of us. I’d blown him a couple of times, just like I’d done in the past; and it was fun, but I’d been more into partying than getting laid. I didn’t even bother to check to see if my mother was in town. The last thing I wanted to do was go to her fucking compound, with so many horrible memories, and very few pleasant ones.

I sighed, venting my breath and my somber mood. It was inevitable that being in DC would remind me of my father, and that it would bring his loss back to me in a crushing way. It was a strange sensation, because when the news had first hit me and I’d gone through his whole funeral, Matt had been around to prop me up. Now he wasn’t here, and he didn’t even seem to be in my life. That should have made things harder, but it didn’t. I’d felt very much alone, and that had forced me to steel myself to deal with the emotions caused by the loss of my father, and my disastrous relationship. It was one of those times when the only person I could look to for help was myself, and so I did.

I’d felt myself getting stronger as I went out to the parties, happy to be out on my own, not worrying about anyone but me. That was probably incredibly selfish, but it was pretty liberating. My psychologist had told me that those feelings were normal, because I’d been carrying around the responsibility for so many other people, at least in my own mind. I’d assumed overall responsibility for my life, for Riley, for Matt, for my family, and my extended family back in California. Here, this weekend, I’d only been responsible for myself. It had been wonderfully liberating, and that had helped to offset the sadness.

I wondered with dread what awaited me when I got back to Escorial. Matt had called me twice but I’d ignored his calls. The first time he hadn’t left a message, and the second time he had, just to tell me that he’d gone off to Santa Cruz with Frank. He said he didn’t want me to worry about him. I hadn’t. What did that mean? Did that mean that I didn’t love him anymore? I thought about that, and pushed that aside. I loved him. I probably always would. But I was through with his bullshit. He was either going to get on board with being an adult and acting like a partner, or I was moving on without him. We graduated in less than six months. It was time for him to be a man. There was no middle ground, no gray area this time.

The phone rang and I looked at it with dread. There was no one I really wanted to talk to. I picked it up anyway, since I was in a plane and it was obvious that I was here, and because I had a hard time ignoring phone calls and messages. “Hello,” I said.

“Hey,” I heard Matt say cheerfully. “I was just checking to see what time you were getting in.”

“A lot of that depends on air traffic, but I’m on my way to New Jersey now. I figure I’ll be back in about seven or eight hours. Maybe more, if you count the drive from the airport,” I said flatly.

“Cool. It will be good to see you,” he said enthusiastically.

I could have said that it would be good to see him too, but I didn’t feel that way. “I’ll see you when I get back,” I said, the best I could do, then ended the call. I sat there, in a mental paralysis, until I felt the plane descending. The pilot called to tell me we’d be on the ground shortly, so I buckled myself in and took a drink of my water. We landed in New Jersey and the plane taxied to the FBO. I unbuckled my seatbelt and moved to the other seat, more to see who was waiting there to board.

The plane stopped and a blue Durango cruised out onto the ramp and disgorged its two occupants: Will and Zach. I decided to be polite and descend the stairs to greet them. As always, I went over and gave Will a hug. “Hey there!” I said cheerfully.

“Hey,” he said, but he was clearly struggling with his emotions.

“Good to see you,” I said to Zach as I shook his hand. “I heard all about your game. It sounds like you kicked ass.”

“Thanks,” he said. He was amazingly handsome, and had a really unique feature that made him even more attractive: his eyes had a dark ring around them, either due to skin coloring, or maybe due to darker eyelashes, but whatever it was, they just accentuated those familiar Hayes bluish violet eyes.

“I’ll meet you on the plane,” I said to Will, to give them time to say goodbye. I climbed up the stairs, and then peeked out the window to spy on them. Zach initiated a hug, a long one, and a meaningful one, at least from my perspective. Then Will pulled away from him and turned to run up the stairs, wiping tears out of his eyes as he did. I didn’t know what to expect from Zach, since Gathan was adamant that he was an asshole, but he seemed pretty distressed, and I could see tears running down his cheeks even from my vantage point.

“Let’s go,” Will said, and fell into the captain’s chair.

“Yes, sir,” the pilot said.

I didn’t say anything as we taxied out and took off, I just let Will have some time to settle down, and to recover from that trauma. “You OK?” I finally asked.

“I don’t know why I do this,” he said, all pissed off. “I get involved with these guys who I can’t have like a real relationship with.”

“Why is that? Zach seems pretty into you,” I noted.

“Well, there’s the 3,000 miles that separate us,” he said, being a smart ass, but smiling to show me he was giving me shit. “And there’s his football career. That’s first and foremost for him.”

“You think you should be first and foremost?” I asked.

“No,” he said, not a little pissed at me, and then mellowed. “It’s just that if he’s going to play football, and he is, that means that we’re just friends with benefits when we’re together, and cousins when we’re in public.”

“That’s how things were when Matt and I first got together,” I said, harkening back to those times. “It was really hard on me.”

“Weren’t you the one in the closet?”

“Yeah,” I answered, “and that’s why it was hard on me. Not only did I have to hide who I really was from almost everyone, but I had to make Matt do the same thing, and keep our relationship a secret. It was tough to do that to him.”

“I don’t think Zach worries about how I feel about that,” he said. Then he thought about things for a bit. “No, that’s wrong. He does. It bugs him too.”

“Sounds like you had a good weekend,” I said.

“It was awesome,” he answered, grinning from ear to ear. He told me all about the game, about Zach and Wally’s unpleasant conversation, about their tour with Brad on the hop-on-hop-off bus, which cracked me up, and about Chris Mendoza.

“So your dad has a boyfriend?” I asked.

Will shook his head. “No, he had a date, and it was kind of lame, but it was a start.”

“Does it bother you that he’ll probably start seeing people?”

“No, why should that bother me? Unless the guy’s a douchebag.”

I shrugged. “I think he has better judgment than that.”

“Let’s hope,” he said. “How was your weekend?”

“Fun,” I said, in a non-committal kind of way. “Interview went well, and I partied with a bunch of old friends.”

“It sounds like you’ve decided to move back east next year,” he said.

“It looks that way,” I said, not wanting to lead him on, into believing I’d be around.

“It’s going to suck not having you around,” he said sincerely, and that made me smile. It was nice to be loved.

“I’ll miss you too,” I said.

“There’s a custody hearing for Maddy next week.”

“I heard about that, and I heard it was pretty much a formality at this point,” I told him. “They’re going to petition the court to give Cody custody, and he’s agreed to let Tiffany raise Maddy with Riley.”

“That’s the plan,” Will said. “So if you go back east, does that mean Tiffany, Riley, and my sister go with you?”

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly. “I think a lot of that depends on JJ, and what he’s doing.” It bugged the shit out of me that JJ had any control over my life, but that’s the situation I was in.

“He likes being in LA,” Will said. “Maybe he’ll change his mind. Who knows.”

“When are you coming back to New Jersey?”

“What makes you think I’m coming back here?” he asked, messing with me.

“That stunningly hot dude I saw on the tarmac,” I said.

“That’s a good reason,” he said with a grin. “Next weekend. I’m flying out with Stef. He’s going to go to Zach’s game with Dad and me, and then he’s taking Zach shopping in the city.”

“He’s taking Zach shopping?” I laughed at that. “Does Zach know what he’s getting into?”

Will laughed with me. “I told him that if I have to put up with bullshit from his parents, he has to let Stef dress him up. So while he’s not cool with it, he’s putting up with it.”

“He’ll end up with some nice clothes,” I noted.

“It will be shit he doesn’t wear,” Will said, and I nodded, because it was probably true. “You talk to Brutus this weekend?”

“Brutus?”

“Your boyfriend,” he said with a sneer. And then I got the allusion to Julius Caesar, and that made me sad, since I could see why he would feel betrayed.

“I got a voice mail message from him, saying he was in Santa Cruz with Frank,” I said.

“You didn’t call him back?”

“No.” We flew on for a while, digesting that exchange. “Has Tony stopped calling you?”

“Finally,” he said, and actually seemed relieved. “I think when I answered the phone and screamed ‘fuck off’ in his ear, he finally got the message.”

I laughed. “Or he’s waiting until he gets his hearing back.”

“I am so done with him,” he said. “I thought at first that it was because of Zach, that I didn’t miss Tony because Zach was there to step in, but that’s not it at all. I genuinely dislike that guy, and honestly, I don’t want anything to do with him.”

“What if he comes up to Escorial?”

“I sent him an e-mail and told him not to do that, that he wasn’t welcome.”

“What did JP have to say about that?” JP was pretty adamant that he was the only one with the power of exile.

“I don’t know,” Will said. “I told Tony not to come up there, so if he does, then he can deal with Grand. But I think he’ll stay away from me.” He chuckled. “Besides, I told him that I didn’t torch Brutus’ GMC, but that didn’t mean his Camaro was safe.”

I laughed at that. “He’s pretty into his car, so that probably worked.”

“I hope so,” Will said. “It’s not like I want something bad to happen to him, I just want him to go away and leave me alone. Is that too much to ask?”

“Nope,” I said.

“So what happens when you move away?” he asked. “Will I still get to see you once in a while?” And then I understood what that was about, what his initial questions were driving at, and it was really sweet. He was worried about losing our connection.

“You know, no matter where I go, who I’m with, or what I do, you’ll always be my little brother, and I’ll always love you.” I think we were both pretty struck by how emotional my words were, and that my voice gave away the fact that I was sincere.

He got choked up for a bit, and waited until he wasn’t to respond. “I love you too. I was worried I’d lose you, either through this move, or over this shit with Matt.”

“You won’t,” I promised, then opened up to him, a rare moment where I let down my guard. “I know what’s waiting for me back home.”

“What?”

“Matt spent the weekend with Frank, and he’s going to apologize to me and make all these promises about how things will be better, and different.”

“It sounds like you don’t believe they will,” he said.

“I’ll have some time to see if they are or they aren’t,” I said. “But regardless, I’m going to make my choice of schools based on what’s best for my future, my career. It’s going to be up to him to adapt to it.”

“So if he gets into grad school, and even if you’ve been accepted there, you’ll go somewhere else if it’s a better opportunity for you?”

“That’s what I’m saying,” I said. He nodded. “He’ll probably approach you about this shit, and do the same thing.”

His eyes flared, but he calmed down. “He needs to give me some time to get over this.”

“You think you can forgive him, and not hate him?”

“I don’t really have a choice,” he snapped. “It’s been made clear to me that I don’t get to make those kinds of calls. He’s part of the family, so I’m stuck with him.”

“So if you’re still pissed at him, won’t that just make things harder?” I saw him get really mad, and I held up my hand. “I’m not arguing with you, I’m just trying to understand how you feel, and where you’re at.”

“You make it sound like it’s easy, like I just shrug my shoulders and let this roll off my back, and that things will be cool. You don’t get it. I can’t do that. I’m not ready to do that yet.”

I looked at him, and finally understood where he was coming from. “You need time to get over it.”

“I need time to see if I can get over it,” he said. “Remember when my dad and Robbie had that big blow up at the end of ’99?”

“Who could forget,” I said, remembering all that drama.

“Robbie came up to Dad and apologized, and he meant it. Dad knew it; shit, we all knew it. But Dad wasn’t able to just turn on a dime and forgive him.”

“And if I recall, he made Robbie jump through some hoops to win him back.”

“I’m not saying Matt has to do shit like that,” he said quickly. “I don’t really want anything from him. I just want him to leave me alone so I can try and forget that I really don’t like him.”

“You need to get to the point where you only sort of dislike him,” I teased.

“Exactly,” he said.

“It’s different for me,” I said. “I’m not as wounded as you are; I’m just annoyed and disgusted. So for me, he has to show me that he’s ready to be an adult and face the world with me, and he has to be willing to sacrifice for my career, if push comes to shove.”

“That seems reasonable to me, but I don’t like him, so I’m biased.”

“We’ll see what he thinks in a few hours,” I said, then smiled.

“How did you know that you’d fallen in love with Matt?” he asked.

I smiled, remembering those good times. “When he was all I thought about. When I couldn’t wait to be with him. When I told him things that I wouldn’t tell anyone else. And when I was away from him, the agony of being separated was so real, it was like a physical pain. And when I thought about being with another guy instead, I usually decided that I’d rather just jack-off thinking about him.”

“I’m really nervous.”

“About what?” I asked.

“I swore I wouldn’t let myself go there with Zach, that we’d be friends that fucked around. But I’m way beyond that, and I’m pretty sure he is too.”

“You love him?”

He nodded. “I do.”

“You don’t seem very happy about it,” I said.

“Like I said, he’s 3,000 miles away from me, and even if we were in the same place, we couldn’t really be together. I’ll always only have a small piece of him. I’m not sure if that’s good enough.” He sighed, and wiped a tear out of his eye. “I just see disaster written all over this.”

“You know, this may be one of those times when you just have to go with the flow.”

“You’re telling me this?” he challenged, making me laugh.

“Yeah, I know. Not my forte. But if you keep this mellow, it may be good for both of you. If you get all intense about it, it may not be.”

He nodded. “I guess I know that, but it’s pretty hard to do.”

“Yes it is,” I agreed.

“I wish I could control my emotions, wrangle them to the ground, like you and Grand do.”

I shook my head. “Will, I feel the same things you do, and feel the same impulses. I don’t have control over my emotions; I just hide them better than you do.”

“I’ll have to practice that,” he said glumly.

“You already are,” I told him. “Isn’t that what you’re doing with Matt? The Will I knew six months ago would have freaked out. You’re just asking for some space to work things out.”

“With these rages I had, I don’t think I did that well.”

“Are they better now?”

“Zach helped,” he said, then blushed. We had opened our souls a bit too much, or at least to the point where we needed to back up and pull ourselves together, so we spent the rest of the flight working on homework, or chatting about mindless bullshit.

We landed, and the plane taxied to the FBO. I looked out and saw Matt’s GMC waiting for us. “Looks like Matt came to pick us up.”

Will undid his seatbelt and looked out the window, scanning for another car. “Fuck. This is just the kind of shit I don’t need.”

“It’s just a ride home,” I said.

He looked at me firmly. “Space. I need space.”

I nodded. “I’ll ride home with him. You take a cab.”

“Bullshit,” he said. “I told them to send a car for me, and they didn’t, so I’m going to wait here until one shows up.”

The plane stopped, and the pilot emerged to open up the door. “Welcome home,” he said.

“I’ll see you back there later,” Will said, even as he got on the phone to call Escorial. The pilot looked confused, but I ignored that. Let Will explain his drama to those guys.

“Thanks for the smooth flight,” I said to the pilot pleasantly, then I went down the stairs and found Matt there, looking great as usual. He pulled me into a big hug, way more intimacy than I wanted with him, but I did my best to return it.

“Welcome home!”

“Thanks,” I said. I tossed my bag in the GMC. “Let’s go.”

“What about Will?”

“He’s sticking around here for a bit,” I said.

“I can take him back,” he said, and made to climb up the stairs. I grabbed his arm to stop him.

“Just leave him alone,” I said.

He looked at me, and was pretty upset. “He hates me that much?”

“He doesn’t hate you, he just doesn’t like you,” I said. I got into the GMC, his cue to follow me.

“So he’s going to be pissed off at me forever?” he demanded, all mad now.

“No, he’s going to avoid you until he doesn’t dislike you all that much. He needs some space to get over being pissed at you.”

“You know, I spent this whole weekend working things out, and I’m here, ready to grovel and apologize, and he won’t even hear me out,” he bitched.

“You hurt him, so now he has to be on your time schedule to repair things?” I asked acidly.

“You always take his side, and stick up for him.”

“I do when he’s right, and he’s right. He’s mad at you, and he has damn good reason to be. He just wants you to leave him alone for a while. So do it,” I said, and the last three words came out a lot more aggressively than I’d planned.

His nostrils flared, and even as he was driving, I could tell he was contemplating really letting me have it. I didn’t care. I wasn’t going to put up with this crap from him. “Fine,” he finally said. “It’s going to be really uncomfortable around there if he’s pouting at me all the time.”

I looked at him like he was an idiot. “Just pretend he’s not there. It’s not that hard. You did it to me for the last month. He should be a lot easier.”

We drove on in silence, mostly because he was trying to not let his temper derail his plans to be nice to me. “How were your interviews?”

“I only had one, at Georgetown,” I said. “It was alright.”

“You didn’t like it there?”

“The faculty members I met were all old and … I don’t know, old-school. I felt like I was in a place that was stuck in time,” I said, hoping I’d been able to explain it adequately.

“So you’re not going there?”

“Well, if it’s the only place I get in, then I guess I’ll go there,” I said, smiling.

“You’ll get into other schools. Who wouldn’t want you?”

“That’s what I’m thinking,” I joked.

“Is Harvard still at the top of your list?”

“Yes,” I said simply.

“I’m not sure I can get into their MBA program,” he said, broaching the issue we needed to talk about, but that I was dreading. His grades weren’t as good as mine, probably because he spent so much time partying and getting laid.

“I think we’ll have to see how that all works out,” I said.

“So you’re totally fine if we end up at different schools?” he asked, with his typical sense of outrage.

“Are you?” I asked icily.

“No, I’m not fine with that,” he snapped. “I’m not fine with us being separated. We’re supposed to be partners. I want to be with you.”

“We’re supposed to be partners,” I repeated, pulling out that line.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It’s supposed to mean that you haven’t acted like a fucking partner, so don’t pull that card out and throw it at me,” I said, much too nastily. “You’ve been living your life like I don’t matter, so I’m pretty much resigned to living my life the same way.”

“This is not an easy time, for either or us,” he said. “I’m sorry that I pushed you away, and treated you like shit.” He was sincere, but his apology seemed like too little, too late.

“So what’s going to change?” I asked.

“I figured we could talk about that, and try to work things out so we’re both happy,” he said.

“Well, at dinner the other night, Frank pretty much laid things out for you,” I said. “Did you change your mind when you were in Santa Cruz?”

“I don’t think it’s fair to the team for me to just quit,” he said. “I’m not saying you can’t,” he added hastily, “I just think it’s wrong for me, as the captain, to just bail on them.”

“That’s your decision,” I said, so annoyed with him. “You still planning to fuck everyone on campus?”

“No,” he said. “I’ve been really extreme. That ends now.”

“So what are you going to do? Are you still going to sleep with other guys?”

“You want to be monogamous, for us to be exclusive?” he asked, and seemed shocked that I’d want that. I felt the anger surging, and I almost laughed at how Will thought I was unemotional.

“Nothing has changed, nothing at all,” I said, shaking my head.

“That’s not true. I’m just thinking that we could go back to what worked for us, to where we were six months ago.”

“Only I’m not where I was six months ago. I’m where I need to be six months from now. So I’ll make this real easy for you. Here’s how things are in my world.”

“Wade…” he said, trying to calm me down, because he recognized that I was starting to lose it. I’d recognized that a long time ago.

“I’m going to go to the best law school I can get into. I’m going to make that decision based on my future, and my career. Whether you decide to join me depends on two things. First, it depends on whether you like the choice I made. And second, it depends on whether you can grow the fuck up, and quit acting like a fucking frat boy. If you can’t do that, I don’t want you anywhere near me.”

“So you’re giving me an ultimatum, and telling me that you get to decide where we live for the next three years?” he asked, all full of righteous outrage.

“No, I’m telling you that I’m not factoring what you want into my decisions. You don’t give a shit about me, so why should I worry about what you think at all?” He pulled up to the gates of Escorial, and they opened magically. He tore up the drive like he always did. “So you go party like a rock star. Have a fucking blast. Meanwhile, I’m moving on with my life. I’m a grown up, with grown up responsibilities, and a grown up plan for my life.”

“You don’t have to be a smart ass,” he said, because I was being snarky.

“And you don’t have to be an ass,” I said. I got out of the GMC, grabbed my bag, and went inside. I left my bag in the foyer and went down to the nursery, and put all my conflicts with Matt and my concerns for my future behind me, and just had fun playing with Riley and Maddy. It was easy to talk about making these decisions in isolation, and while choosing a school without thinking about what Matt wanted was relatively easy at this point, choosing one without considering Riley and Maddy was another thing entirely.

“Welcome back,” I heard Tiffany say.

“Thanks,” I said, smiling at her.

“It’s dinner time,” she said, looking at the clock. “You usually don’t pass up food.”

“No I don’t,” I said. I stood up and extended my arm to her in a playfully chivalrous way. “May I escort you to the dining room?” I asked her in my most pronounced Virginia drawl, something that made her chuckle.

“Why I’d be delighted,” she said, mimicking me, and making me laugh. We walked up to the dining room together. I chose to sit next to her. Matt came in and sat across from me, next to Frank.

“Welcome home,” Stef said, as he entered the room, with JP right behind him. “Is Will not with you?”

“He didn’t want to ride back with me, so he’s not home yet,” Matt said. That annoyed me, because he made it seem like Will was being petty.

“Serve him right if he misses dinner,” Frank grumbled.

“He won’t miss dinner,” I said firmly. “He will be a little late.”

“That is just fine,” JP said, to smooth things over. We’d actually all just gotten into our chairs and the staff had started to bring dinner out when Will strode in.

“I’m sorry I’m late,” he said to JP.

“Wade told us you were delayed,” he said. “It’s not a problem. It’s good to see you. How was New Jersey?”

“It was great,” Will said, and then turned to Stef. “I told Zach you were coming back with me next weekend to take him shopping.”

“And he was excited about that?” Stef asked.

“I explained that since I had to put up with his parents, he had to go shopping with us,” Will said.

Stef chuckled and replied, “I will wager he enjoys it more than that.”

“And did you bother to ask his parents if that was OK?” Frank asked obnoxiously.

Will looked at Frank, his piercing look, the one he’d inherited from his father. “Zach cleared it with the Piehls, and since he’s living with them, they’re his de-facto parents. So yes, as a matter of fact, we did.”

“Maybe Wally and Clara will decide to go visit him next weekend,” Frank said, a clear challenge.

Will looked at him as if he was an idiot. “Well, since airfare this late is really expensive, I doubt they’ll be going. And I can guarantee you that the goddamn plane is not landing in Claremont to pick them up.”

Before that conversation could get out of hand, I decided to distract them with a different issue. “I was wondering if you’d mind if I took the guest room next to Will’s room?” I asked JP. “I find that I’m sleeping better these days if I sleep alone.”

I could sense everyone looking at me, and then at Matt, but my eyes were focused firmly on JP. “That is fine. If you need something to make yourself more comfortable, you have but to ask.”

“Thank you,” I said. “If you don’t mind, I think I’ll eat something later, and move my stuff now.”

“Not at all,” JP said.

“I’ll help you,” Will said, glaring at Frank as he did. We walked out of the room together, the first time in a long time that I’d turned down an excellent meal.

Copyright © 2014 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 54
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Well if Matt did not get the message during the ride back to Escorial then the parting shot across the bow that Wade fired off, should do the trick!

:jerry:

Thanks Mark, for winding us up some more…don't know how much more tension we can all take!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/30/2014 06:36 PM, KevinD said:
Well if Matt did not get the message during the ride back to Escorial then the parting shot across the bow that Wade fired off, should do the trick!

:jerry:

Thanks Mark, for winding us up some more…don't know how much more tension we can all take!

Thanks for the review! I'm not sure if Matt really got it, but Wade is pretty much making his own plans at this point.
  • Like 3
Link to comment

I am seeing a pattern here: dinner at Escorial = drama. :)

 

Funny and sad part of 9.11 is that you can read any chapter that ends in the dining room and skip to chapter 71 (published in yahoo group accidentally some time ago ) and it's seamless because Matt stil does not seem to want to "grow up".

 

Thanks for the newest chapter Mark :).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/30/2014 07:27 PM, mmike1969 said:
I am seeing a pattern here: dinner at Escorial = drama. :)

 

Funny and sad part of 9.11 is that you can read any chapter that ends in the dining room and skip to chapter 71 (published in yahoo group accidentally some time ago ) and it's seamless because Matt stil does not seem to want to "grow up".

 

Thanks for the newest chapter Mark :).

To me, the irony is that people rant about Will's immaturity when Matt has a corner on that market.

 

You haven't figured out that link to Escorial dinners and drama. :-). They're my equivalent to the Scaffold scenes in Scarlet Letter

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Oh Matt did you ever really think you flitting around made Wade happy? And where did Matt learn to grovel? Another great chapter I only wish it were longer. Bunches of thanks.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/30/2014 08:17 PM, Miles Long said:
Oh Matt did you ever really think you flitting around made Wade happy? And where did Matt learn to grovel? Another great chapter I only wish it were longer. Bunches of thanks.
Thanks Miles! Matt must be hella confused inside his mind
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Hi Mark,

 

Thanks for the next chapter of the CAP saga.

 

I loved the chapter! It was great to read the conversation between Will and Wade. Wade really knows how to talk to Will. I can see Will eventually coming around, even if Matt seems to be nowhere near growing up.

 

I do feel i have to disagree with your response to one of the reviews: I, for one, feel there's a difference in the lack of maturity of Will and Matt.

 

Will claims to be an adult, if for no other reason than he's emancipated. He mixes a grown-up attitude (where his relationship with Brad post-9/11 is concerned) with a decidedly immature attitude (acting out whenever anyone remotely suggests he might not be taking the best course of action).

 

Matt, I feel is your average senior party animal, who fell in love with someone who is completely the opposite, even if Wade loosened up over the years.

 

Summarising, yeah Matt is immature, but he's acting his age. Will is acting his age too (although personally I see him as a petulant 8 year old) but can't accept guidance. Matt doesn't need guidance in the way Will does.

 

It saddened me to see Frank doesn't seem to have learned anything.

 

I'm getting the feeling you yourself are a lot like Stef: you just love drama.

 

Can't wait for the next chapter of the CAP saga.

 

A Dutch admirer,

MDK

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The Die as Cast. It seems that Matt still doesn't get it. That is sad. The longer it goes on with Matt, the worse and harder it will be for him to reconcial with Wade. Is it the point of no return? On the Will and ach front, Everyone is looking for the evil Zach to appear. Is there an evil Zach or is he how he appears now? Things seem tense and something will blow soon. It is like living waiting for Vesusus to expload ( Matt) or maybe impload. We can only hope that the GMC and Escorial are still standing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I think Will is infecting Wade. Wade was uncharacteristically emotional and impulsive with Matt. Not once did he stop to listen to Matt or consider the effort Matt was making. He'd made up his mind and shut down on hearing what Matt was saying, which isn't how Wade has been. Wade is partially responsible for the structure of the relationship. If he wanted an exclusive relationship with Matt he should have said so a long time ago and if he knew Matt couldn't handle exclusivity that should have been a clue a long time ago that Matt wasn't the right partner.

 

I thought JP didn't allow drama at the dinner table?

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Seems the battle lines have been drawn. It appears Matt has little intention of changing things, Frank seems to have decided Will is the enemy and will apparently support Matt, Wade has decided he needs to do what is right for his own future academically, and poor JP is going to be stuck square in the middle. Seems things will get much worse before they get better. The only bright spot I see at the moment is Frank coming back to life.

For a reasonably uneventful chapter as CAP goes, it was pretty full of drama, although I can't say any of it was unexpected.

Enjoyable as always!

Thank You

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I am really going to hate this if Matt and Wade end up breaking up in the long run. I could really see them at seperate places for graduate activities such as Harvard for Wade and University of Chicago for Matt. This would be okay if they retained some type of relationship and then maybe got back together afterward but I am not sure that it what I see happening based on everyone's current actions. Matt and Wade have always struck me as the only couple beside JP and Stef that really seemed destined to walk into the sunset with each other and I am not going to be happy if that doesn't happen.

 

I am going to comment on Mark's comment in another review about Matt and his maturity level as someone else has as well. I agree with MDK, which is unusual, that Matt is actually acting like the 90 percent of the guys his age, especially if you factor in the other things that have happened to disrupt his life recently. It has been my experience that most guys like Matt that know they are going off to graduate school spend the last part of their college experience really partying and putting off growing up until they hit the graduate school level. If you factor in losing Robbie especially in the manner that he did; I could totally see Matt handling things just as he has been and I would not call this immaturity at all. I am dissapointed that he has put his relationship with Wade in jeopardy by his actions but am not especially suprised by it not would I see it as a level of maturity issue. I do think that Matt has to not just apologize to Wade and Will but has to have the actions to go with the words and I am not sure that he is quite there yet nor am I sure that Wade or Will is ready for his words or actions either one.

 

I am actually really dissapointed in how Wade is starting to handle this situation. I can see Wade with his sense of responsiblity needing to move forward and prepare himself and even those around him for the next stage of life, it is an issue of control. That being said, Wade is really the one that set up his and Matt's current relationship format and now is punishing Matt for adhering to the format that Wade himself established. I do think Matt went off the deep end but I don't think that Wade really tried to understand how differently Matt was dealing with Robbie's loss versus his handling of the Senator's death. Wade has always been the more mature person in this relationship but at least in my opinion, some of that maturity is slipping.... I do really believe that Wade is trying to handle everything in a manner that will benefit not only himself but the others in the long run; the problem is that you can't make those decisions in a vacum and he seems to be trying to do just that. Honestly, if he and Wade end here; I will blame him a lot more than Matt, for all of his actions, at this point.

 

With Will, I feel I am watching him dancing a Texas two-step. For every two steps forward, he seems to take one step back. I do think he is being incredible self aware about his relationship with Zach and is handling that better than most people two or three times his age. I do appreciate that he seems to be taking a look at it from so many different aspects and trying to understand and decide his future. You rarely can pick the person you fall in love with but it is good that he is going in with no blinders on. On the other side, Will is starting to develop one of Brad's most unattractive traits of making unilateral decisions that effect others around him. Only JP really has the ability to ban someone from Escorial and while I think JP will explain to Tony why it would be better not to be around at least for a while; Will should not have made that decision or move. I know that Will is still seeing his therapist but they need to be working more on his anger issues and his need to control everything around him. With all the loss in his life recently, the control issue is really a common manifestation but it is one that needs to be dealt with. Will is still moving forward but he needs to make sure that recent events don't overtake his advances.

 

Can't wait to see where the story goes from here; keep up the great work Mark...

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I hate to find myself defending Matt in this, given his actions, but somebody (that is, a character in the CAP saga, not a fan posting on the forums) needs to step in and explain something to these people. JP, Stef, Brad, Robbie (when he was alive), Wade, Matt, and Will all have the same problem. To strip aside all of the bullshit terminology which could easily be applied here-they love to fuck.

 

So they conceive of, and construct, these weird caveats to their relationships, because they cannot bear the idea of completely giving over to another control of their ability to have sex. No matter how many times the emotional component to sex intrudes into their lives, and no matter how negative and destructive that intrusion is, they still cannot get beyond that fundamental need to preserve some small individualized space in their lives for casual sex. So, while Matt may indeed have “crossed the line”, these people are all involved in a social group which reinforces this core idea, an idea which by its fundamental nature prevents there ever being a firm line that everyone in a relationship understands. I am not suggesting that Matt did not understand what he was doing was wrong; it is not the act that is in question, rather, the weird way the men of the CAP saga have constructed their lives in order to preserve a certain measure of sexual independence makes understanding what the consequences of any action are difficult. Thus you have Matt not really understanding how strongly Will would react to his having sex with Tony. But you also have Will not understanding how strongly Matt would react to his telling him that he could not sleep with Tony. And Wade, who clearly did not understand how far things would spread out of control by not keeping his mouth shut, regardless of whatever short term motivations he may have had, given the situation he has put JP in with the entire mess.

 

The sad point being, while this nebulous emotional arrangement may keep the peace, and keep people happy, under normal circumstances, it makes things much worse when there are times of deep stress. It makes everything worse, when people most need things to be at their best.

 

As always, still loving the work

All the Best,

Jason

Link to comment

Another provocative chapter. I love all the long comments in support of Matt. He's still on the team and wants to go back to where he and Wade were six months ago.

For Wade that's not an option. It seems Wade needs a little space too.

Will has his own problems and seems to be working on them.

Now that Mark has everyone so worked up and involved, I'm hoping that however he finishes 9.11 that he transitions us neatly into his next book with little or no break in the timeline.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/30/2014 08:23 PM, shyboy85 said:
Hi Mark,

 

Thanks for the next chapter of the CAP saga.

 

I loved the chapter! It was great to read the conversation between Will and Wade. Wade really knows how to talk to Will. I can see Will eventually coming around, even if Matt seems to be nowhere near growing up.

 

I do feel i have to disagree with your response to one of the reviews: I, for one, feel there's a difference in the lack of maturity of Will and Matt.

 

Will claims to be an adult, if for no other reason than he's emancipated. He mixes a grown-up attitude (where his relationship with Brad post-9/11 is concerned) with a decidedly immature attitude (acting out whenever anyone remotely suggests he might not be taking the best course of action).

 

Matt, I feel is your average senior party animal, who fell in love with someone who is completely the opposite, even if Wade loosened up over the years.

 

Summarising, yeah Matt is immature, but he's acting his age. Will is acting his age too (although personally I see him as a petulant 8 year old) but can't accept guidance. Matt doesn't need guidance in the way Will does.

 

It saddened me to see Frank doesn't seem to have learned anything.

 

I'm getting the feeling you yourself are a lot like Stef: you just love drama.

 

Can't wait for the next chapter of the CAP saga.

 

A Dutch admirer,

MDK

Thanks for the review, MDK. I'm glad you liked the chapter.

 

The age issue is important with Will and Matt. Will is 15, but an emancipated minor, so legally an adult. I think he acts more like an 18 year old. They're not noted for their maturity, but they are farther along than a 15 year old.

 

Matt is 21 years old, and is about to graduate from college in six months. He's acting like an 18 year old college freshman.

 

So from where I'm sitting, I've got a 15 year old acting like he's 18, and a 21 year old acting like he's 18. Pretty easy to decided which one lacks maturity.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/30/2014 08:23 PM, shyboy85 said:
Hi Mark,

 

Thanks for the next chapter of the CAP saga.

 

I loved the chapter! It was great to read the conversation between Will and Wade. Wade really knows how to talk to Will. I can see Will eventually coming around, even if Matt seems to be nowhere near growing up.

 

I do feel i have to disagree with your response to one of the reviews: I, for one, feel there's a difference in the lack of maturity of Will and Matt.

 

Will claims to be an adult, if for no other reason than he's emancipated. He mixes a grown-up attitude (where his relationship with Brad post-9/11 is concerned) with a decidedly immature attitude (acting out whenever anyone remotely suggests he might not be taking the best course of action).

 

Matt, I feel is your average senior party animal, who fell in love with someone who is completely the opposite, even if Wade loosened up over the years.

 

Summarising, yeah Matt is immature, but he's acting his age. Will is acting his age too (although personally I see him as a petulant 8 year old) but can't accept guidance. Matt doesn't need guidance in the way Will does.

 

It saddened me to see Frank doesn't seem to have learned anything.

 

I'm getting the feeling you yourself are a lot like Stef: you just love drama.

 

Can't wait for the next chapter of the CAP saga.

 

A Dutch admirer,

MDK

Thanks for the review, MDK. I'm glad you liked the chapter.

 

The age issue is important with Will and Matt. Will is 15, but an emancipated minor, so legally an adult. I think he acts more like an 18 year old. They're not noted for their maturity, but they are farther along than a 15 year old.

 

Matt is 21 years old, and is about to graduate from college in six months. He's acting like an 18 year old college freshman.

 

So from where I'm sitting, I've got a 15 year old acting like he's 18, and a 21 year old acting like he's 18. Pretty easy to decided which one lacks maturity.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/30/2014 09:07 PM, rjo said:
The Die as Cast. It seems that Matt still doesn't get it. That is sad. The longer it goes on with Matt, the worse and harder it will be for him to reconcial with Wade. Is it the point of no return? On the Will and ach front, Everyone is looking for the evil Zach to appear. Is there an evil Zach or is he how he appears now? Things seem tense and something will blow soon. It is like living waiting for Vesusus to expload ( Matt) or maybe impload. We can only hope that the GMC and Escorial are still standing.
I think that the GMC and Escorial are both safe.

 

We have limited exposure to Zach, so it's difficult to tell if he's evil or not, but the signs point to him not being evil. Rather, it seems he was a major shit disturber as a kid, probably a reaction to his father's unyielding criticism and being stuck under his older brother's thumb.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 01/31/2014 12:26 AM, PrivateTim said:
I think Will is infecting Wade. Wade was uncharacteristically emotional and impulsive with Matt. Not once did he stop to listen to Matt or consider the effort Matt was making. He'd made up his mind and shut down on hearing what Matt was saying, which isn't how Wade has been. Wade is partially responsible for the structure of the relationship. If he wanted an exclusive relationship with Matt he should have said so a long time ago and if he knew Matt couldn't handle exclusivity that should have been a clue a long time ago that Matt wasn't the right partner.

 

I thought JP didn't allow drama at the dinner table?

I don't think it's fair to blame Wade's emotionalism on Will, but I do think he's more emotional than normal. Then again, Wade's father was vaporized less than two CAP months earlier.

 

JP allows drama at dinner, just not shouting. :-)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/31/2014 01:18 AM, Kitt said:
Seems the battle lines have been drawn. It appears Matt has little intention of changing things, Frank seems to have decided Will is the enemy and will apparently support Matt, Wade has decided he needs to do what is right for his own future academically, and poor JP is going to be stuck square in the middle. Seems things will get much worse before they get better. The only bright spot I see at the moment is Frank coming back to life.

For a reasonably uneventful chapter as CAP goes, it was pretty full of drama, although I can't say any of it was unexpected.

Enjoyable as always!

Thank You

There was definitely some drama here, and things are beginning to sort of congeal. I think that Frank's recovery is a good thing, but it doesn't sound like he's really given Matt very good guidance.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/31/2014 03:11 AM, centexhairysub said:
I am really going to hate this if Matt and Wade end up breaking up in the long run. I could really see them at seperate places for graduate activities such as Harvard for Wade and University of Chicago for Matt. This would be okay if they retained some type of relationship and then maybe got back together afterward but I am not sure that it what I see happening based on everyone's current actions. Matt and Wade have always struck me as the only couple beside JP and Stef that really seemed destined to walk into the sunset with each other and I am not going to be happy if that doesn't happen.

 

I am going to comment on Mark's comment in another review about Matt and his maturity level as someone else has as well. I agree with MDK, which is unusual, that Matt is actually acting like the 90 percent of the guys his age, especially if you factor in the other things that have happened to disrupt his life recently. It has been my experience that most guys like Matt that know they are going off to graduate school spend the last part of their college experience really partying and putting off growing up until they hit the graduate school level. If you factor in losing Robbie especially in the manner that he did; I could totally see Matt handling things just as he has been and I would not call this immaturity at all. I am dissapointed that he has put his relationship with Wade in jeopardy by his actions but am not especially suprised by it not would I see it as a level of maturity issue. I do think that Matt has to not just apologize to Wade and Will but has to have the actions to go with the words and I am not sure that he is quite there yet nor am I sure that Wade or Will is ready for his words or actions either one.

 

I am actually really dissapointed in how Wade is starting to handle this situation. I can see Wade with his sense of responsiblity needing to move forward and prepare himself and even those around him for the next stage of life, it is an issue of control. That being said, Wade is really the one that set up his and Matt's current relationship format and now is punishing Matt for adhering to the format that Wade himself established. I do think Matt went off the deep end but I don't think that Wade really tried to understand how differently Matt was dealing with Robbie's loss versus his handling of the Senator's death. Wade has always been the more mature person in this relationship but at least in my opinion, some of that maturity is slipping.... I do really believe that Wade is trying to handle everything in a manner that will benefit not only himself but the others in the long run; the problem is that you can't make those decisions in a vacum and he seems to be trying to do just that. Honestly, if he and Wade end here; I will blame him a lot more than Matt, for all of his actions, at this point.

 

With Will, I feel I am watching him dancing a Texas two-step. For every two steps forward, he seems to take one step back. I do think he is being incredible self aware about his relationship with Zach and is handling that better than most people two or three times his age. I do appreciate that he seems to be taking a look at it from so many different aspects and trying to understand and decide his future. You rarely can pick the person you fall in love with but it is good that he is going in with no blinders on. On the other side, Will is starting to develop one of Brad's most unattractive traits of making unilateral decisions that effect others around him. Only JP really has the ability to ban someone from Escorial and while I think JP will explain to Tony why it would be better not to be around at least for a while; Will should not have made that decision or move. I know that Will is still seeing his therapist but they need to be working more on his anger issues and his need to control everything around him. With all the loss in his life recently, the control issue is really a common manifestation but it is one that needs to be dealt with. Will is still moving forward but he needs to make sure that recent events don't overtake his advances.

 

Can't wait to see where the story goes from here; keep up the great work Mark...

Wow. That was one long-ass review. Thanks! Let me see if I can address some of your points.

 

My experience with guys at this stage of college (about halfway into the senior year) is represented by the polar opposites of Matt and Wade. There are indeed some who are still partying like it's their last hurrah, but I find just as many who are done being in school, and are very focused on getting out, and on what comes next. I think the term "maturity" is too broad and encompassing to use in this context, and I think that's what causes our confusion when looking at this issue. There's a lot more going on here, and a lot of it revolves around the frayed emotions caused by their collective losses.

 

With Will, I think that's a good description, and quite frankly, I think it applies to most people. Growing up is sometimes messy, and rarely linear. I wouldn't place too much emphasis on Will banning Tony from Escorial; he knows that's JP's option. He's basically telling Tony to stay away from him, and letting Tony decide whether he wants to force the issue with JP.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/31/2014 03:39 AM, said:
I hate to find myself defending Matt in this, given his actions, but somebody (that is, a character in the CAP saga, not a fan posting on the forums) needs to step in and explain something to these people. JP, Stef, Brad, Robbie (when he was alive), Wade, Matt, and Will all have the same problem. To strip aside all of the bullshit terminology which could easily be applied here-they love to fuck.

 

So they conceive of, and construct, these weird caveats to their relationships, because they cannot bear the idea of completely giving over to another control of their ability to have sex. No matter how many times the emotional component to sex intrudes into their lives, and no matter how negative and destructive that intrusion is, they still cannot get beyond that fundamental need to preserve some small individualized space in their lives for casual sex. So, while Matt may indeed have “crossed the line”, these people are all involved in a social group which reinforces this core idea, an idea which by its fundamental nature prevents there ever being a firm line that everyone in a relationship understands. I am not suggesting that Matt did not understand what he was doing was wrong; it is not the act that is in question, rather, the weird way the men of the CAP saga have constructed their lives in order to preserve a certain measure of sexual independence makes understanding what the consequences of any action are difficult. Thus you have Matt not really understanding how strongly Will would react to his having sex with Tony. But you also have Will not understanding how strongly Matt would react to his telling him that he could not sleep with Tony. And Wade, who clearly did not understand how far things would spread out of control by not keeping his mouth shut, regardless of whatever short term motivations he may have had, given the situation he has put JP in with the entire mess.

 

The sad point being, while this nebulous emotional arrangement may keep the peace, and keep people happy, under normal circumstances, it makes things much worse when there are times of deep stress. It makes everything worse, when people most need things to be at their best.

 

As always, still loving the work

All the Best,

Jason

Jason,

 

I get your point, in that if these guys would simply be monogamous, or follow that as a norm, their lives would be a lot easier. Then again, it makes for a less interesting story, and realistically, lots of couples struggle with these issues.

 

Their biggest flaws are, IMHO:

1. not recognizing that the relationships and the rules need to adapt...because things change.

2. Underestimating the emotional impact of the attacks on each other.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 01/31/2014 04:51 AM, Daddydavek said:
Another provocative chapter. I love all the long comments in support of Matt. He's still on the team and wants to go back to where he and Wade were six months ago.

For Wade that's not an option. It seems Wade needs a little space too.

Will has his own problems and seems to be working on them.

Now that Mark has everyone so worked up and involved, I'm hoping that however he finishes 9.11 that he transitions us neatly into his next book with little or no break in the timeline.

Yeah. I know. No rest for the weary. We'll see how things go. We still have a few chapters left in this story. Eight, to be exact. ;-)
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Awesome, my two favorite guys having a bro moment, so we know they'll always support each other. And afterwards ganging up on stupid, insensitive, selfcentered Matt and then the rest of the family (represented by Frank) to show them how out of line they are. How dare they let Matt make a decision to cancel Will's car and pick them up ? I think and hope Brad would have put a stop to that, at least he is properly angry with Matt.

I've read the reviews for ch 70 so far, and I can see I'm totally in the minority (as usual). But I don't care. I think Wade and Will are both reasonable and morally right in choosing the paths that makes sense in light of Matt's betrayal and inability to really change and admit he is wrong. I'm so glad they have each other and managed to acknowledge it in the plane, as I said above. They'll need that in the months to come.

Whenever Wade agrees with Will, I know Will is being reasonable. Whenever Will feels sorry for Wade and support him, I know Wade is being hurt and wronged. And those two guys are more intelligent and loyal and have firmer principles about right and wrong than anyone except JP. I'll always support them 100 % for decisions that they have THOUGHT about - but I'll concede that they do make mistakes or at least get into bad stuff when they let their emotions rule them. That's why Wade is so determined to be in control of himself,and even if it's a bit much at times, I still admire him for being strong. And at least he is not repressing his feelings so much anymore, that was unhealthy when we met him, though he had good reasons for it.

I'm not saying Wade should get rid of Matt, but I think there is a bigger chance of their love being destroyed if they are together at the moment, than if they are apart. And at least if they go to differebt colleges, it will be 'natural' for them to be separated rather than viscious break-up. But Will and Zach, how will that ever end well...

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Since I am not a frequent reviewer, I like to think that my word is either bringing up a new topic that other readers have not yet discussed or a defense of something I find important. Reading other peoples' analyses of the situation and questioning Wade's judgment, frankly, concerns me. Other readers (even Will) have put Wade in this corner, or perhaps on a pedestal rather, so as to omit him from emotional flaws. I could bring up so many different instances, however, when the raw side of Wade's psyche has spewed forth and all of these situations have included Matt. Whether it be in the beginnings of their relationship, the deal with that annoying kid on the hockey team (too many names to remember), or Matt's overall deal with infidelity, Wade has been known to blow up on few occasions. All of these, though, have had nothing to do with a sudden lack of maturity on Wade's part or Will's influence on him. Thus, it has concerned me when other people say that Wade should be more reasonable with Matt, whereas I think the complete opposite. Wade has been hurt. The fact that he went to D.C., experienced so much inner turmoil, and then received no care or attention from Matt who made Wade's homecoming all about himself alone tells us how far apart they've moved and how inconsiderate Matt is being with this whole situation. Matt has literally done nothing to console Wade apart from the day that they found out about the events of 9/11, so honestly, Wade, to me, deserves a massive amount of credit for how he is handling this situation. Considering the other CAP gentleman, I'd say his blowups have been quite tame and probably needs a little more umph if we're ever to see the two reconcile. All in all, I really hope Wade leaves Matt. He's completely worthless and will never change. I had my hopes up with Matt's initial apology to Will at the dinner earlier in the week, but now I feel like Wade would be better off starting over with his son as his priority. And this is saying a lot since I don't like Wade for thinking "Joe" is a lower-class kind of name....

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I would like to see Frank & Matt go on a permanent vacation somewhere and let Wade find someone who will really make him happy. As for Frank all I ever read of him is showing up for dinner and being an ass!

Time to get the story moving and put lots more drama into it. I love it when it centers around Will & Brad---when a chapter doesn't include them it is kind of boring---I have to force myself to keep reading it!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

That was awesome, but so glum......i hope things look brighter...in ANYONES future. So far i'm just pumped for Zach to go shopping, which is well.....that's not exciting for me at all, especially since it's CLOTHES shopping. Like tell him to buy a PC and then i'll be happy. lol! good ole windows 2000 should be out about now. :D

Love this story though, excelent writing! Keep it Up! I'm Still reading!

 

~MM

  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..