Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 5,277 Words
  • 8,137 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

9.11 - 18. Chapter 18

July 15, 2001

 

My phone rang and I noticed that it was Stef calling me. Evidently my dad was still too angry to be civil on the phone.

“Hello,” I answered cheerfully.

“Hello,” Stef replied. “I have been delegated to call you back and inform you that we will be leaving for Maui after dinner.”

“Dad is still too pissed off at me to talk to me without yelling?” I asked.

“I think he is beyond that stage now,” Stef said, trying not to chuckle as he did.

“Who is coming with you?”

“Grand and I, your father, and Darius and John,” Stef said. There was a lot to digest in that statement, and all of it was good. First of all, I was so glad that Grand would be here, as he tended to look at things logically and would help me keep my dad’s outrage to a minimum. Darius was an even bigger deal. He usually didn’t travel out of his way to do things he didn’t want to do, and he usually wasn’t all that big on coming to Hawaii. It was awesome that he was doing that, since the only real reason was to come hang out with me. Then I thought about John tagging along, and that was just as important. He and I had been so close last summer, but since then we’d drifted really far apart. This whole thing with Erik had shown just how bad things were between us. He would be a freshman next year at Menlo, so that just made it more important that he and I were on good terms. He was giving me a chance to do that, to make sure we were good.

“You have quite an entourage,” I told him.

“You remind me that Julian will be along as well,” he said, pretending that he didn’t like Julian. “He will most likely find it boring and annoy me as a result.”

“I’ll bet he finds it exciting,” I said. “Maybe he can share a room with Scott Slater.” That made Stef giggle.

“I will rely on you to handle our sleeping arrangements,” Stef said. “We will call you when we are in the air.”

“Excellent,” I said. He’d said they were leaving after dinner. Hawaii was a five hour flight away, but you gained three hours travelling west in the summer, so that would put them into Kapalua Airport around 11pm or so.

        The villa had five bedrooms, three on the main level, and two downstairs.  Since it was built on a grade, the upper level was actually the floor you entered on.  The kitchen, dining room, and living room were all on the top level.  Downstairs had two bedrooms and a big open area that was used to watch movies, play video games, or just hang out.  It was much more relaxed than the living room upstairs, and it opened up to the pool and the hot tub.  There was another hot tub upstairs off the master bedroom.  Scott Slater was staying in one of the bedrooms upstairs, while I had crashed in the master bedroom after my dad left.  I planned it out so Dad, Grand, Stef, and Scott were upstairs, while Darius, John, and I were downstairs. 

The maids came in once a week, and the last time they’d been here was Friday, so things weren’t too bad. I walked around the main area, picking up shit that Scott had left out, since he was kind of a slob. I wiped off the countertops and decided that even though the floors could use some work, they were clean enough that I didn’t have to vacuum or mop. After I was done there, I changed the sheets in both bedrooms and did some light dusting, and then I got my stuff packed up.

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs, and when I got to the bottom of the stairs I froze and just stared at the sight in front of me. Scott and Kai were both in the open area, completely naked. Kai was leaning over the couch while Scott rimmed him. “You are going to love this,” Scott said to Kai.

“Can’t I just suck your dick?” Kai asked nervously.

“Nope,” Scott said dismissively. “You embarrassed the fuck out of me, so now you’re going to make it up to me by giving up your sweet ass.”

Scott stood up and slid on a condom. It was impossible not to appreciate how handsome he was, even if he was being a total asshole. He grabbed the lube and rubbed it on Kai’s ass, taking his time to lube his hole and open him up. I was watching them from a side angle, so I could only see part of Kai’s expression. He was alternately switching from enjoyment to anguish. I couldn’t tell if he was into it or not.

He sighed, and Scott took that as a sign that he was ready. He stood up and put some more lube on his dick, then started to push into Kai. “Fuck! Stop! Fuckin’ hurts!” Kai said, and moved away.

“It hurts at first, but then it feels so good,” Scott cooed, as he pushed in again.

“I can’t do this,” Kai said.

“You want my help, Kai?” Scott asked, only now his tone was nasty. “You want to go pro? I can help make that happen, or I can make damn sure you don’t. So what’s it gonna be?” Part of me wanted to see Scott just slam into this kid and cause him all kinds of pain, but I’d been in his situation, and I didn’t wish that hell on anyone.

“My dad gets here in five hours,” I said as I walked into the room. They stared at me, totally freaking out, especially since I was ignoring the fact that Scott was standing there with his dick locked and loaded, ready to fuck Kai senseless. I looked around, and they’d pretty much trashed the downstairs. “You two assholes are going to help me clean this place up.”

“Your timing is pretty bad,” Scott said, as he ran his hand over Kai’s ass. “Unless you want to join in.” I took a chance to admire Kai’s body. He had dark skin that was smooth and silky looking, but he had much lighter skin around his groin and ass from wearing bathing suits while he was in the sun. The contrast was really sexy. Kai looked at me with so many expressions it was like watching a string of emoticons fly by. Anger, relief, gratitude, annoyance, and embarrassment seemed to be the big ones.

“I think my timing is spot on,” I told him firmly. I had nothing to fear from him. “And you’re not going to blackmail this asshole into giving it up.”

“I’m not?” he challenged.

“You’re not,” I said. “We can have this conversation when Dad gets here if you want.”

He gave me a dirty look. “Fine,” he grumbled.

“Besides, I was the one he treated like shit. If anyone gets to fuck him, it should be me,” I said, to take the edge off. Kai looked at me strangely. “Now come on. I need help with this shit. You can go upstairs and sweep and mop the floors.” That last line was directed at Scott. I’d already decided they were fine, but it wouldn’t hurt to go over them again, especially since my prime motivation was to get Scott Slater away from Kai.

He pulled the condom off and threw it away, slipped on his shorts, and headed upstairs to do what I told him to do. Kai stood up and looked around for his clothes. His dick was deflated, but it was still a decent size. I walked up to him and put my hand on his chest to calm him down. “You OK?” He just shrugged. “Help me out.” He threw on his shorts and worked like a demon, straightening up the open area and then getting the other bedroom ready.

I’d just started working on what would be my room when my phone rang. “We’ll be there around 11,” Dad said when I answered.

“I set up a car to pick you up,” I told him. “You need me to be there?”

“No, we can find our way,” he said. He was in a bad mood. I was hoping that would change before tomorrow.

I worked on my own room, but I took just as much time as Kai did to clean up the other ones since I had to unpack. I dragged my toiletries into the bathroom and got them all organized, pretending that I was Wade. He was the most organized dude I knew. When I came out, Kai was standing there, still wearing just his shorts. He really was sexy. Before I could say anything he walked up to me, dropped to his knees, pulled out my dick, and started blowing me. “Dude,” I protested, but then I shut up. Damn, he was good at that.

He pulled my shorts all the way off then led me over to the bed and made me lie down. Then he resumed his efforts. When you have a big dick, it’s a lot harder to get good blow jobs, because you end up feeling teeth. A lot of teeth. With Kai, I felt no teeth at all. I tried to get him to move around so I could 69 with him, but he wouldn’t budge. This was all about me, so I let him work his magic. “Gonna cum!” I said, as I felt my load building up. He looked up at me and smiled at me with his eyes, and lowered his mouth way down on my dick, so I could feel my head lodged in the back of his throat. He swallowed, and I could feel it with my cock, and see it as his Adam’s apple moved, and that sent me over the edge. I blasted shot after shot down his throat while he just drained me dry. I lay there panting, while he scooted up so he was lying next to me. “That’s how I say I’m sorry,” he said, smiling at me. I laughed; that was too funny.

He stood up to go, with his pants tenting way out. He must be a big boy. I sat up and grabbed his hand, and then rubbed his cock through his pants. “You don’t have to,” he said.

“I want to,” I told him. I made him lie back on the bed and I pulled out his cock. He was fucking hung, almost as big as I was. He had to have at least eight inches, and they were really thick inches. No wonder he hadn’t made any comments about my dick; to him, it must not be that unusual. But the coolest thing about it was how dark it was. I held it in my hand, and the contrast between his dark brown dick and my hand was pretty hot. I showed him that I could suck a dick just as well as he could, then when I was playing with his balls, I let my fingers wander lower to his ass, which was still lubed up. “You ever been fucked?” I asked, stopping just enough to get those words out.

“No,” he said nervously.

I started sucking him again, even as I ran my fingers around his hole. I did that, playing with his ass while I blew him, until I got him really into it. Then I probed him, only I did it gently. He tensed up, and then relaxed, and then I found his prostate. He got into it then, really into it, so much that I was able to slip another finger in. He didn’t warn me that he was going to blow, but I could tell by his moans and pants, and by the almost primal yell he let out when he came. When he was done, he lay on the bed totally relaxed, with his arms and legs in almost a spread-eagle position. It was fucking hot. I moved up and lay next to him, gently stroking his chest and abs, and then moving my hand down so I was gently touching his balls, so gently that he could probably barely feel it. He sighed contentedly. “Wow,” he finally said when he was done. “Thanks.”

“That’s how I thank people,” I said, making him chuckle.

“I should get going,” he said.

“I’m gonna be here for a while,” I said, and then got nervous, because I almost sounded like I was trying to ask him out.

“You should call me. We’ll do something,” he said, raising his eyebrows. I got out my phone and programmed in his number, then called his phone so he’d have mine. We both put on our clothes and I walked him up the stairs to the door. He stopped, leaned in, and gave me a really nice kiss.

“I’ll see you later,” I said, as he walked out the door. Just as I was about to close the door, he put his hand on it to stop me.

“Will...” he said.

“Yeah?”

“You’re a really good surfer.” I felt myself smiling, a huge smile. He grinned back at me as he walked away.

Scott had done a really good job of cleaning up. He was sitting on a bar stool eating, and gave me a nasty look as I went in and started making food for myself. “You cock-blocked me,” he accused.

“Dude, you were about to rape that guy,” I said.

“I wasn’t going to rape him,” he said, all pissed off.

“No? You were blackmailing him, telling him you’d ruin his career as a surfer if he didn’t let you fuck him.”

“That’s different than rape,” he said.

“You’re just playing word games. It’s the same damn thing. You were forcing him to have sex with you against his will, when he didn’t want to.” I finished making a couple of sandwiches. I glanced at him from time to time as I did, and I could see him processing what I said. He got it. Whether I had any impact on him remained to be seen.

“Since you interfered, I think you should fill in for him,” he said in his sultry voice.

“Dude, if I let you fuck me, you’d get all into it and start calling me ‘Brad’,” I said. “That would freak both of us out.”

“I’ll risk it,” he said.

“I won’t,” I said. He pouted, but he was just messing with me. “So I’m off limits and Kai’s off limits...”

“Who says Kai is off limits?” he challenged.

“I do,” I said. “I decided that I like him. So leave him alone.”

“What if he comes looking for me?” Scott asked, and raised an eyebrow.

“How many dudes are on this island?” I asked rhetorically. “You’re going to risk pissing me off over one guy?”

“First you cock-block me, then you won’t even give me a hand job, and now you’re telling me that I can’t fuck Kai,” he groused.

“I’ll give you a hand job,” I said, and pretended like I was warming up my hand. “Oh shit, look at the time. They’ll be here any minute.” It was 10:45.

He grinned. “Fine, but you owe me one.”

“Right,” I said in a snarky way, telling him he was so out of luck. “In the meantime, I have a new target for you.”

“Oh?” He was done being mad at me. Now he was playful again.

“Stef’s got this assistant, and he needs a place to sleep. We’re out of bedrooms.”

“You want to know if I’ll let him sleep in my room?”

“Yeah. I think even you might be able to lure him into bed. He’s cute, but I think he’s into dudes with big dicks, so you should keep your pants on until he commits.”

“Right,” he grumbled, but grinned at me. “I’ll see if I can take this boy for a ride.”

“All my other relatives except Stef are off limits,” I warned.

“Dude, when did you become such a sexual buzz-kill?” I laughed at that, but before I could say anything else, the door opened and Stef came breezing in, with everyone else trailing behind him.

“Hey!” I said, and ran over to give him a big hug. He hugged me back, but Scott was right behind me, and Stef was more interested in seeing him.

“You are as handsome as ever,” Stef said to Scott.

“And I’m as hung as ever too,” Scott said, making Stef giggle.

“It is good to see you,” Grand said to me rigidly.

“It is good to see you, too,” I said, mimicking him, and then I gave him a hug. Stef chuckled at that.

Then I was face-to-face with my father. He gave me a dirty look, but then gave me a big hug. I led Darius and John downstairs and showed them the bedrooms. Darius was in the room with two queen-sized beds. John put his stuff in that one, clearly intending to share with Darius instead of sleeping with me. “Is it OK if I’m in here?” he asked. He was technically asking Darius, but he was looking at me with a guilty expression.

“I don’t give a shit,” Darius said.

“If he snores, you can come over and crash with me,” I joked, to show him I was totally fine with that. He gave me his adorable grin, and I could see him physically relax. That must have made him nervous. He must have been all worried that he’d have to be with me. That annoyed me, but I refused to let him see that it did.

“Dude, he’ll probably grope you in your sleep,” Darius said, being a smart ass.

“Probably,” I said. “Another good reason for you to sneak over.” John rightfully took that as a joke and chuckled. “I have to go upstairs and get bitched at.”

“You should have been at dinner tonight,” Darius said. “Holy shit.”

“What happened?” I asked, worried.

“Grandmaman was giving your dad shit about you buying a house, saying that you were out of control,” John said. “Your dad got all pissed off and told her that she was treating you just like she treated him.”

“Fuck.” I just stared at him and felt my whole world falling down around me. This wasn’t supposed to be a big deal. It had nothing to do with Grandmaman.

“Don’t worry about it,” Darius said, catching my mood.

“I don’t want to be responsible for fucking up their relationship,” I said, referring to Dad and Grandmaman.

“I don’t think it’s your responsibility, I think it’s theirs,” John said. “They all carry these old resentments and wounds around forever, and every once in a while they peel them off and fight. It’s so fucked up.”

“No shit,” Darius agreed. “Now get the fuck out of here so I can get some sleep.”

“Fine,” I said, and went back upstairs. I should have known Dad would be waiting for me.

“I can’t believe you did this,” he grumbled.

“You know, if you keep an open mind, you may find this wasn’t a bad idea,” I said to him.

“What’s wrong with this place?” he demanded.

“Grab your board and let’s hit the beach,” I said, being a smart ass. He knew, in spite of the darkness, that there wouldn’t be any waves at all.

“I’ll see you in the morning,” he said, still being grumpy, and headed off to his room. Everyone had vanished, which made sense, since it was 2am in California. I walked downstairs and went out on the patio by the pool. There were other villas around us, and I felt like I was in a resort community, which I was. I thought about the house at Hookipa, and how nice it would be to have my own place with no one else around.

 

July 16, 2001

 

I was up before everyone else, as usual. When I was at home, I would often sit in bed and read, but since I was in this lovely tropical setting, I opted to go out onto the deck and enjoy the nice weather. I was in the kitchen contemplating making a bowl of cereal and getting ready to brew some tea, when I heard voices.

“Give me my clothes!” I heard Julian say.

“Go get your suitcase, naked, and you can stay with me,” Scott promised.

“What if someone sees me?” Julian asked nervously.

“I was just out there. No one is awake,” Scott said reassuringly. I stopped moving around and looked out at the dining room. There, not ten feet in front of me, was Julian’s suitcase. “On the count of three. One, two, three!”

I watched as Julian scampered naked out of Scott’s room and rushed toward his suitcase. He must have enjoyed this, running around in places without his clothes on, because he was sporting an erection, one that looked to be about five inches long, and relatively thin. His body was completely hairless, which made him look boyish. I decided that I didn’t like that look. When I was younger, pubic hair was a sign of manhood, a badge of maturity. To shave it off like that seemed to be almost emasculating.

Julian rushed up to his suitcase and grabbed it, oblivious to my presence until I cleared my throat. He looked up, terrified, and tried to cover up his groin with his hands. I stood there looking at him and simply raised an eyebrow. “Good morning Julian.”

“Uh, good morning JP,” he stammered. He was alternately trying to cover himself up, and grab the suitcase. It seemed as if he was blushing so hard, his whole body was red. I simply stood there, watching him, enjoying seeing him panic as he turned and ran, guiding his suitcase along with him. It gave me the opportunity to see his cute ass, and indeed it was cute. And hairless, of course.

I shook my head and smiled, then decided to take a shower and get ready before I had breakfast. I was mindful that in a house full of people, it was possible that the hot water would run out. I was unfamiliar with the hot water system in this home. I still managed to shower, dress, make my cereal and my tea, and read half the paper before anyone else got up. I think that was my key to staying informed; I got up early and could digest world events before anyone distracted me. There was nothing terribly exciting going on in the world at this moment. It seemed, oddly enough, to be a relatively quiet period in history.

“You are up early even when we are on vacation,” Stef said as he strolled out onto the patio.

“I like to be predictable,” I replied, and got a frown from my spontaneous partner. “When are we expected to leave for our tour?”

“I believe that happens in one hour,” Stef said, looking at his watch. “I will be back.” He left me in peace, a peace that was disrupted fifteen minutes later when the rest of our crew began to emerge.

Darius and John came stumbling out onto the deck, each with a plate full of bacon and eggs, and other breakfast food. “Dude, I am so taking a nap later,” Darius groaned.

“I’m all over that,” John agreed.

“Where did you get breakfast?” I asked.

“Julian is cooking,” Darius said. I got up and went into the kitchen to find Julian fully engaged in making bacon and eggs. Will was making toast, appropriately enough. Cooking was not his forte.

“I see you found your clothes,” I said to Julian, making him blush again. I opted to just stick with my cereal, which I finished.

Brad came out, looking just as grumpy as he had been last night. “Good morning,” I said pleasantly, since it obviously wasn’t good for him.

“Morning,” he said gruffly. “I still can’t believe he did this.”

“I would recommend that you quit griping about the fact that he did this, and try to evaluate this property based on whether it has merit or not,” Stef said coldly.

“We already have this house in Maui,” Brad complained. “He doesn’t need another house here.”

“And you don’t need diamond cufflinks,” Will said, having overheard Brad’s comment. “But you have them.” It was amusing to see Brad and Will have these mild arguments. The more intense ones were not so amusing.

The doorbell rang and Will went to answer it. “I think that the issue here is not whether he needs or wants a house,” Stef said to Brad. “It is that you are angry that he did this without consulting you. I am wondering what makes you think he is required to do that?”

“It makes sense that he’d ask us, since we’ve been dealing with real estate for years,” Brad said.

“It may also be that this is not about real estate deals at all. It may be that this is about Will demonstrating independence, and you reacting negatively because he is moving away from your control,” I noted.

“This is not about my control issues,” Brad snapped at me.

“Are you guys going to argue about this all day long?” Darius asked. “Because if you are, I’m going back to bed.”

“We’re not arguing about anything,” Brad said.

Will led a handsome young Asian man out onto the deck and introduced him to each of us. Evidently that was our cue to get up and load ourselves into the limo Julian had arranged. “I think I’ll stay here and clean things up,” Julian said to Stef, “unless you need me.”

“We will manage,” Stef said, then got into the limo. “He is in an awfully good mood this morning.”

Will chuckled. “Maybe that’s because I had to put him in Scott’s room.”

“How do you know he actually slept there?” Stef asked. He loved to know about other people’s sex lives.

“I don’t, but it seems obvious,” Will answered.

“I know,” I said with authority. “He slept with Scott.”

“And how do you know this?” Stef asked.

“He came walking out of Scott’s room this morning, stark naked, to get his suitcase,” I said. They looked at me oddly. “I told you that it pays to get up early.”

This was a big limousine, so Darius and John sat in the very front and proceeded to doze off. Meanwhile, Steve the real estate agent regaled us with information on this property.

“You say they put in a water retention system?” Brad asked.

“They did,” Steve answered.

“Does that mean there’s an ugly tank stuck out in the yard?” Brad asked. I saw Will’s brows furrow.

“No, actually they paid to have it buried under the garage,” he said. “Like I told Will, these people spent a lot of money on upgrades, and didn’t finish the basic house.” And so it went, with discussions of such things as wiring and plumbing, and a solar heating system for the pool. Will had been on edge at first, but he watched Steve handle Brad’s questions and issues just fine, and sat back and relaxed. We drove up to the house and Steve punched in the code, causing the gates to swing open.

“That looks a little out of date,” Brad said of the key code box. Will ignored him, and instead focused on waking Darius and John up. The car pulled up to a very nice looking house. The architecture was modern but with very crisp, straight lines. It was symmetrical as well, which appealed to my basic need for orderliness.

“I like the architecture,” I told Will. “It looks very nice from out here.”

“I do too,” he said enthusiastically. Steve led us inside and that got mixed reactions.

“There’s nothing here,” Darius noted.

“It’s still not completed,” Brad chimed in.

“I told you that,” Will said, but he wasn’t paying attention to them, he was paying attention to Stef. We walked around the house, with Brad making disparaging comments about work that still needed to be done with an occasional comment from Darius, but Will ignored them. He was sharp, and he must have known that the key to this deal was Stef, and this was the perfect project for him. I could see Stef’s eyes gleam as he mentally painted the walls and installed different cabinets and floors, using his incredible tastes to visualize the perfect combination for each room.

We walked out back to a truly stupendous view. A beautiful swimming pool with an infinity edge gave way to the rocky edges of the cliff, and then to the sea beyond it. “Alright, find something wrong with this,” Will challenged Brad.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Brad demanded.

“He means that you haven’t said one positive thing the entire time we’ve been here,” I told him.

“Yes I have!” Brad objected.

“You have not, and that is a shame, because there is much to like about this house,” Stef said. “What is that?”

“That was the original house on the property. It’s been converted into a guest house,” Steve said. He led us through it.

Will looked at Brad intently, and then smiled. “You can complain about this part. It kind of sucks.”

“Some redecorating is in order,” Stef noted wryly.

Will stretched out his hand toward Brad. “Come on.”

Brad took his hand. “What?”

“I want to show you something.” Will led him around the pool, with Stef and me right behind them, to a small path that led to the edge of the cliff. There was a set of stairs, such as they were, that led down to the beach. But right before the cliff was a little gazebo-type structure. Will led us in and pointed. “Look.”

The sound of the waves had permeated even the house, but now that we were on the cliff, they were literally roaring. But that’s not what Will was talking about. He and Brad were watching the surfers. It was a marvelous view. “That guy is catching the wave too late,” Brad said, pointing at a surfer.

“You’re right. Missed that one. Dumbass,” Will agreed. They stood there, side by side, watching the surfers, until it almost tormented them because they weren’t down there.

Brad put his arm around Will. “I get it now. Let’s get this deal done.”

Copyright © 2014 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 55
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Brad seemed not to want to like the house that Will liked and found something wrong with everything...until he saw the waves and it was a done deal!

 

Will and Kai got off on the wrong foot, but I think that we are going to see a change???? hint maybe? John is still not sure of how to take Will and needs to get over it--he may enjoy it!

 

Thanks again for sharing your talents,

Six

  • Like 3
Link to comment

"There was nothing terribly exciting going on in the world at this moment. It seemed, oddly enough, to be a relatively quiet period in history."

I'm thinking we should all be prepared. If your writing about 9.11 is as good as I anticipate, we are all in for something truly emotional.

You are such a good story teller and we mortals marvel at your talent.

Thank you!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 06:30 AM, Six.Gauge said:
Brad seemed not to want to like the house that Will liked and found something wrong with everything...until he saw the waves and it was a done deal!

 

Will and Kai got off on the wrong foot, but I think that we are going to see a change???? hint maybe? John is still not sure of how to take Will and needs to get over it--he may enjoy it!

 

Thanks again for sharing your talents,

Six

I think that Brad had to get over his anger at the whole situation before he could see the beauty of the thing, something not unusual for him.

If you think about John's situation, he's probably mostly straight, and when he's around Will, he may just feel as if he's expected to put out, even if he doesn't want to.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 06:45 AM, davewri said:
"There was nothing terribly exciting going on in the world at this moment. It seemed, oddly enough, to be a relatively quiet period in history."

I'm thinking we should all be prepared. If your writing about 9.11 is as good as I anticipate, we are all in for something truly emotional.

You are such a good story teller and we mortals marvel at your talent.

Thank you!

You're probably right. I appreciate your kudos. This story has largely been about petty bickering and bitchy shit, things that in the greater scheme of things aren't a big deal. 9-11 changed that for most Americans, and will change that for our CAP family too.
  • Like 3
Link to comment

"I get it now. Let's get the deal done." after all the bitching and moaning, all the anger, Their combined passion puts things at rest. Sometimes in this saga there are priceless moments and this is one of them. Brad and his son, Will, stand hand on hand over looking the surf. Nothing more needs to be said. It is the perfect picture. I was just reading 1968 and I found so many similarities with JP buying Escorial. Even down to the $10,000 earnest money. Great job, awesome chapter!!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 07:47 AM, rjo said:
"I get it now. Let's get the deal done." after all the bitching and moaning, all the anger, Their combined passion puts things at rest. Sometimes in this saga there are priceless moments and this is one of them. Brad and his son, Will, stand hand on hand over looking the surf. Nothing more needs to be said. It is the perfect picture. I was just reading 1968 and I found so many similarities with JP buying Escorial. Even down to the $10,000 earnest money. Great job, awesome chapter!!!
Brad can be such a hothead, and get into the whole battle and not see the world around him. Will understands that about his father, and knows just how to play him. That means he's good at both pissing Brad off, and at calming his ass down.
  • Like 4
Link to comment

CAP is like Christmas. You look forward to it, anticipate it and then it happens, you are thrilled, but then all too soon it is over and you feel that little depression set in knowing you have to wait for it to come around again. Luckily the wait isn't 365 days, just a week or so, but the roller coaster ride of emotions is the same.

 

Scott really in an ass wipe..... I hope a board smacks him in the face.

 

Nice that Kai and Will got on an even keel, but I don't think there was much doubt they would.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I really enjoy the different narrators that you have in JP and Will. They have such a great contrast. The issue with John was a little disturbing in that he felt he would be pressured to be with Will. Scott is such a complete jerk. That whole situation with him leaves you feeling a bit unclean. Can't wait to see what Stef does with the house. I know Brad is going to beg to live with Will now that he sees the great ocean in the backyard.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

i do love JP's narration. perhaps its my age, but his rational, up early, coffee and newspaper style makes me feel good. Wills narration just has me on edge!

Scott's defence of his attempt rape was appalling and really gave an insight into his character.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 09:47 AM, PrivateTim said:
CAP is like Christmas. You look forward to it, anticipate it and then it happens, you are thrilled, but then all too soon it is over and you feel that little depression set in knowing you have to wait for it to come around again. Luckily the wait isn't 365 days, just a week or so, but the roller coaster ride of emotions is the same.

 

Scott really in an ass wipe..... I hope a board smacks him in the face.

 

Nice that Kai and Will got on an even keel, but I don't think there was much doubt they would.

That's a pretty funny analogy, and to be honest, it kind of works the same for me. I'll write it, we'll refine and edit the chapter, and then when it's ready to go, it's exciting to see what you guys will say, and what kind of feedback I'll get. That's why it sucks when people don't comment or post reviews. It's kind of like Christmas where no one says "thank you" or asks for a gift receipt to take something back. :-)
  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 10:58 AM, Mari said:
I really enjoy the different narrators that you have in JP and Will. They have such a great contrast. The issue with John was a little disturbing in that he felt he would be pressured to be with Will. Scott is such a complete jerk. That whole situation with him leaves you feeling a bit unclean. Can't wait to see what Stef does with the house. I know Brad is going to beg to live with Will now that he sees the great ocean in the backyard.
I like these two narrators too. They are so different, even more than Will and Wade, that the contrast makes me feel like I've walked from one room in my house to the other.

I think that John is just not into being with Will, but he doesn't want to hurt Will's feelings by turning him down.

Scott is a douche, but then again, he always has been. He's fun, he's charming, and has absolutely no morals or scruples. The only thing keeping him from doing Will is Will.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 11:18 AM, Canuk said:
i do love JP's narration. perhaps its my age, but his rational, up early, coffee and newspaper style makes me feel good. Wills narration just has me on edge!

Scott's defence of his attempt rape was appalling and really gave an insight into his character.

It's because you're old. :-) And because you wish you could wake up and find cute young twinks walking around naked in your kitchen. ;-)

 

Seriously, your reaction to the two narrators is exactly what I was going for. Will is still young, and a bit of a loose cannon. He's supposed to keep you on edge. JP's more calm and logical approach makes for a nice contrast, IMHO.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well, this was another great chapter. I really enjoy having the interplay of JP and Will doing dual narrations. They set each other off perfectly. You go from the calm of JP to the hurricane of Will and it just works...

 

I love how Will understood what he had to do to get each of those important to him, Brad, Stef, and JP to find something about the house that they each liked. It was nice to see Will being in control of his tilt-a-world existence even if for just a moment.

 

I love how JP looks at everything and seems to understand what the undercurrents are and how to deal with them. I hope he does more to take matters with Isidore and Claire in hand when he returns.

 

I think that John isn't so much afraid to be with Will; althought I do think he is primarily straight and isn't as much into the physical as he was for a while; I think it is more about not upsetting Will and blowing what is left of their relationship up. It was just a story or two ago that they were best friends, sort of lovers, as well as cousins. They seemed to just be getting back to a good place when the issue with Marie and John spilling the beans came up and created another fissure. I think Will and John are important to each other in more ways than anyone else really understands and they are both trying to keep their equilibrium with each other.

 

I don't know why Scott's behaviour shocks anyone, he really hasn't changed since he was sixteen or so and introduced to the story....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 01:44 PM, centexhairysub said:
Well, this was another great chapter. I really enjoy having the interplay of JP and Will doing dual narrations. They set each other off perfectly. You go from the calm of JP to the hurricane of Will and it just works...

 

I love how Will understood what he had to do to get each of those important to him, Brad, Stef, and JP to find something about the house that they each liked. It was nice to see Will being in control of his tilt-a-world existence even if for just a moment.

 

I love how JP looks at everything and seems to understand what the undercurrents are and how to deal with them. I hope he does more to take matters with Isidore and Claire in hand when he returns.

 

I think that John isn't so much afraid to be with Will; althought I do think he is primarily straight and isn't as much into the physical as he was for a while; I think it is more about not upsetting Will and blowing what is left of their relationship up. It was just a story or two ago that they were best friends, sort of lovers, as well as cousins. They seemed to just be getting back to a good place when the issue with Marie and John spilling the beans came up and created another fissure. I think Will and John are important to each other in more ways than anyone else really understands and they are both trying to keep their equilibrium with each other.

 

I don't know why Scott's behaviour shocks anyone, he really hasn't changed since he was sixteen or so and introduced to the story....

I appreciated the things you said here, especially since it pretty much mirrors my own thoughts, and I'm vain so I like it when people think like me. :-)

 

John is another one who's mature for his age, but we haven't seen too much of that since Paris. I'll bet he's had some of the same sprint-and-drift maturity issues that Will's had.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 04:13 PM, Miles Long said:
Throw away the receipt Mark Arbour this is a great gift ;).

 

Thanks.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked my analogy!
  • Like 3
Link to comment

I loved the way Brad worked so hard not to like the house or Will's decision to buy it. But I loved the way he caved when Will showed him exactly why he looked at this house in the first place.

And I can see Stef having all sorts of fun putting the finishing touches on the house! He must be getting totally stoked to have a completely blank palate to play with!

As usual sir a superb addition to the story.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

JP and Will doing the narrative is wonderful. The contrast keeps its edge and I am enjoying it immensely. The two scenes where first Will then JP catch men naked was symmetrical, but Will caught Scott being awful while Julian was just being submissive and juvenile.

 

The house showing went exactly as Will hoped! Well done!

 

:2thumbs: as usual!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 11:05 PM, Kitt said:
I loved the way Brad worked so hard not to like the house or Will's decision to buy it. But I loved the way he caved when Will showed him exactly why he looked at this house in the first place.

And I can see Stef having all sorts of fun putting the finishing touches on the house! He must be getting totally stoked to have a completely blank palate to play with!

As usual sir a superb addition to the story.

I think it's indicative of their relationship that they have these power struggles but the love they have ultimately pulls them through.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 07/01/2013 01:36 AM, Daddydavek said:
JP and Will doing the narrative is wonderful. The contrast keeps its edge and I am enjoying it immensely. The two scenes where first Will then JP catch men naked was symmetrical, but Will caught Scott being awful while Julian was just being submissive and juvenile.

 

The house showing went exactly as Will hoped! Well done!

 

:2thumbs: as usual!

I have to say that when I was writing the scene with JP and Julian, I was laughing. The thought of Julian running out naked and looking up to find JP, looking severe and dour, struck me as pretty funny.
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Nothing much to say other than, another great chapter Mark. Things are going to get awfully tough for the readers by the time you hit September 11th in the saga.

 

One quick note regarding your response to an earlier review, “…I'll bet he's had some of the same ‘SPRINT-AND DRIFT’ maturity issues that Will's had…” [Emphasis added]. ‘Sprint-and-drift’ being a phase I have not heard used outside of people who hunt subs for a living. Perchance, have you spent some time playing cat and mouse at sea?

 

As always, I hope this finds you and yours well,

All the Best,

Jason

Link to comment

I like the Christmas analogy that Tim makes above it seems quite apt. Thanks Mark for another great chapter, I too wait with baited breath for each installment and always feel my day is a little brighter if there is a new CAP posting.

Even though Will has them where he wants them I think he should stress the investment opportunity, the value and what the property will be worth once finished, that it can be sold at a considerable profit or rented out if they decide not to keep it and lastly that he was careful enough to structure the deal to only risk the ten thousand earnest money and did that to give them time to come so he could get the benefit of their expertise.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/01/2013 03:55 PM, said:
Nothing much to say other than, another great chapter Mark. Things are going to get awfully tough for the readers by the time you hit September 11th in the saga.

 

One quick note regarding your response to an earlier review, “…I'll bet he's had some of the same ‘SPRINT-AND DRIFT’ maturity issues that Will's had…” [Emphasis added]. ‘Sprint-and-drift’ being a phase I have not heard used outside of people who hunt subs for a living. Perchance, have you spent some time playing cat and mouse at sea?

 

As always, I hope this finds you and yours well,

All the Best,

Jason

While I haven't sub-hunted myself, I've read a lot of Tom Clancy books. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night I wrote that. :-)
  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/01/2013 04:03 PM, Torontotop said:
I like the Christmas analogy that Tim makes above it seems quite apt. Thanks Mark for another great chapter, I too wait with baited breath for each installment and always feel my day is a little brighter if there is a new CAP posting.

Even though Will has them where he wants them I think he should stress the investment opportunity, the value and what the property will be worth once finished, that it can be sold at a considerable profit or rented out if they decide not to keep it and lastly that he was careful enough to structure the deal to only risk the ten thousand earnest money and did that to give them time to come so he could get the benefit of their expertise.

Every once in a while, Tim has a truly inspired moment. ;-) Seriously, I liked it too.

 

I think Will isn't really all that worried about them going along with this deal, since he knows he'll be able to pull it off anyway.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 6/30/2013 at 3:05 PM, Kitt said:

I loved the way Brad worked so hard not to like the house or Will's decision to buy it. But I loved the way he caved when Will showed him exactly why he looked at this house in the first place.

And I can see Stef having all sorts of fun putting the finishing touches on the house! He must be getting totally stoked to have a completely blank palate to play with!

As usual sir a superb addition to the story.

 

I don't have to say anything else, because Kitt said it perfectly. :worship:

  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..