Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 142 Words
  • 1,618 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ravings of a Rabid Werewolf - Poetry by Wolf - 15. Wetsuit Brigade

The late October Santa Ana’s blow warm on my face

As the last bit of summer heat holds on with its tight grip.

The sun warmed sand is almost too hot for bare feet

Causing wetsuit clad bodies to rush towards the surf.

As if to apologies for the relentless heat when it should be cool,

Mother Nature has gifted her worshipers with beautiful waves.

My brothers and sisters of the water rejoice,

As we paddle our boards out through the crashing surf.

There is no searching this day for those elusive waves;

And we’re all thrilled being able to take our joyous rides.

One by one though our numbers begin to fall,

As a day of surfing finally comes to an end.

The wetsuit brigade bidding one last farewell

As we return command of the waves to the ocean.

Always happy when nature cooperates and the waves are big enough to ride :)
Copyright © 2017 WolfM; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

25 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

I loved this Wolfie. Memories of my summers at the beach house. Exhilarating and peaceful.

Thank you jp.  One of my great joys living near the ocean is being able to go surfing most anytime the waves are good.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I love this Wolfie. Brings back childhood memories of time spent at the beach, which were always a special occasion.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Jeff and i  made it to LA ... we walked along the beach together.. in the very early morning.  

we worked the street there too .. but the ocean fascinated me  ... as did the surfers because they did truly command the ocean on each of their successful rides.. wonderful poem Wolfie .. brought back some good memories xo

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I am not a surfer, but the beach is one of my favorite places! Your poem created some great mental images for me. Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
22 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I love this Wolfie. Brings back childhood memories of time spent at the beach, which were always a special occasion.

Thanks Chris :)  I'm happy this brought back good memories.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Jeff and i  made it to LA ... we walked along the beach together.. in the very early morning.  

we worked the street there too .. but the ocean fascinated me  ... as did the surfers because they did truly command the ocean on each of their successful rides.. wonderful poem Wolfie .. brought back some good memories xo

Hugz to you tim :hug:  and thank you.  I like going out to surf as much as watching the surfers, especially if I see them changing ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

I am not a surfer, but the beach is one of my favorite places! Your poem created some great mental images for me. Thanks.

Thanks Jeff :)  Hopefully they're similar mental images to the ones I have.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..