Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 108 Words
  • 1,127 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ravings of a Rabid Werewolf - Poetry by Wolf - 23. The Gates of Hell

The second of three I wrote last Christmas when meeting my boyfriend's family.

Your hand holds mine in a reassuring grip;

Though it might be to keep me from running.

The touch and warmth offer some comfort,

Yet with each step my feet feel like lead weights.

 

The grand doors swing open as we slowly approach;

In my mind it’s the gates of hell about to devour.

Phantom forms appear beyond the portal;

As I wonder if demons or angels await.

 

Two figures greet you with unconditional love;

As it turns out only angels will be found within.

You smile with silly pride as I yelp in surprise,

When your father pulls me into a warm embrace.

His mother loved this one.
Copyright © 2017 WolfM; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

it's a scary thing meeting the family ... i am grateful for them all. i can only wish the same for you. xo

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

it's a scary thing meeting the family ... i am grateful for them all. i can only wish the same for you. xo

If my boy didn't have the keys to the rental car, I might have run. lol.  They are wonderful.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

You convey the apprehension of Meeting The Family so well. I’m glad the angels were there to greet you. 

Thank you Parker.  :hug:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Made me smile and recall a day years ago. 

Thank you Michael.  They had a sign placed over the door reading "Now entering the gates of hell."  I didn't want to go, but I'm so glad I did.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, AC Benus said:

Beautiful and touching ending! :hug:

Thank you AC.  As I toy around with poetry and try to figure it out, I find a joy in focusing on one or a few thoughts, feeling, or experiences.  Bringing something to life in a large story seems easy.  Doing so in a few words is challenging to me, but satisfying. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

What a great second verse in your "meeting the parents" trilogy!

Thank you, Jeff :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

your words bring back strong memories of a long ago time

i remember His father sticking up for me when they all discovered that i wasn't Latina, he gave hugs often not sure if i yelped in surprise though

looking forward to "the rest of the story"

 

 

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

your words bring back strong memories of a long ago time

i remember His father sticking up for me when they all discovered that i was Latina, he gave hugs often not sure if i yelped in surprise though

looking forward to "the rest of the story"

 

 

Thank you Molly :hug: His father extended his hand to shake.  When I grasp it, he surprised me by pulling me into a hug. The man is huge compared to me and I had never seen him before. I appreciate that moment now so much more than at the time.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..