Prompt #245 - Word List

245 - Whiskey and You

“Those are nice boots.”

Aaron tilted his vision from where he had been staring at the starlit sky through the fat blossoms of the magnolia tree to look at the speaker. He didn’t look like he would know what Aaron would have meant if he’d referred to his grey leather cowboy boots as ‘shit kickers’, he looked as out of place at this damn thing as a clown would’ve been at a funeral, and as superfluous as Aaron felt. Aaron smiled back at the kid anyway and motioned to the grass beside him.

“Y’all welcome to pull up some grass and join me if ya like.” The boy folded himself into a lanky heap and sat obediently, “You stick out like a sore thumb here kiddo. Where’d they haul you in from?”

The boy shook his head slightly in order to hide behind his violently fuchsia and electric blue hair and picked at the ragged hem of his jumper. He had that sort of look favoured by underweight teenagers who liked boys with guitars, eyeliner and too much hair product. Aaron grinned anyway and took another swig out of the thick square glass bottle which by now was only half full of amber liquid. He offered the whiskey to the boy.

“My mum made me come,” he explained, “To the engagement party,” he boy added, “The bride to be is some big client of hers.”

“Sure,” Aaron uncrossed his boots, clicked and stretched his legs then re-crossed his legs in the same manner, “Ellen is some big shot realtor.”

“What about you?” The nameless teenager handed back the whiskey with a small smile, “No offense but you don’t exactly fit in her either.” He gestured with a slender hand to the thronging assembly of suits and cocktail dresses doing their civilised chin wagging dance on the formal lawn. It was a pretty sight, if you liked that sort of thing: men in expensive suits with champagne and too-loud laughs, women in flashes of silky colour and glittering gems with hard calculating eyes. Aaron realised that he was probably being harsh, but he wasn’t in such a jovial mood right now. He knew that he shouldn’t have come to the damn celebration. Like there was anything to celebrate.

“Bryan!” There was that voice, the high pitch nasal tones that set his teeth on edge, “Bryan!” the voice that had appeared in his ears four months ago and ruined his life, “Where are the staff?” The voice that had invaded his quiet little country life and ripped the heart out of him, “Bryan! You need to tell them that we’re out of toilet paper.” The voice of the girl with the synthetic blonde hair and the wicked smile. The voice that had stolen everything he’d ever wanted.

Aaron realised that the kid was still looking at him, waiting for an answer. He took another swig of the whiskey and stood, stamping his boots on the rough grass under the magnolia tree. He dropped the bottle.

“Kid, if you’re ex, the love of your life, ever invites you to his engagement party…” Aaron took a deep breath and looked down at the hair dyed boy, he did not want to see the shape of Bryan, he wasn’t sure he could cope with that punch to the chest again, “… If that ever happens to you, don’t go.”

The boy watched him, slack jawed, staring after the shape he left as he turned away. Aaron jumped the fence behind the magnolia tree as though it was nothing. In days gone by, he and Bryan would have climbed the tree and sat drinking and kissing and talking and singing until the sun came up. Part of him begged to go back to the party and find Bryan and remind him of who he really was, who he’d been before the promise of money and influence had taken him from a rough farm hand to a man in a specially tailored suit. The other part of him turned to stare at the nameless teenager.

“Kid?”

“David.”

“You ever been in a real country Chevy Dave?”

The teenager was on his feet in an instant, bottle in his hand, eager grin plastered on his face. Aaron stuck his hands in his jeans pockets in the way that he knew would make the light flash on his belt buckle.

“You fancy having an adventure tonight boy?”

Dave clambered over the fence like the offer was going to expire if he didn’t get there in under sixty seconds. Aaron sucked in a deep breath, clear summer air flavoured with the heavy scent of the tree. Tonight he would do what he’d been telling himself to do every night since Bryan had left for good. Tonight he would manage it with this pretty kid. Tonight he would try.

Tonight he would get over his broken heart.

Edited by Sasha Distan
  • Like 4

It's too early to say something witty, so : I like it; you weren't mean to them: In my imagination they'll skip the amber liquid and have fun without us lurking over their shoulders. ;)

Edited by aditus

This is my story response to Prompt: 244 & 245

Story Title: Are You Gay? Or Just Afraid Of The Night  - "Oscar Night"

Theme: Post -  Zombie Apocalypse

Prompt 244 – Creative
Tag – Zombie Apocalypse
It has finally happened, zombies have risen and are attacking. Is this like Shaun of the Dead or are your Zombies more vicious. Tell us all about the apocalypse.

Prompt 245 – Creative
Tag – List of Words

Use the following words in a story – engagement party, clown, toilet paper, magnolia tree, and cowboy boots 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

ARE YOU GAY? OR JUST AFRAID OF THE DARK?

"Oscar Night"

WELCOME to another session of Are You Gay? Or Just Afraid Of The Dark? I am your host for tonight, Liberace of the Dead, bringing you wonderful stories which brings you closer to death, and an untimely heart attack, with a dash of panache. 

We come tonight to hear the gruesome story of Harry and Bill. Two gay partners in a blissful relationship, staring lovingly at each others eyes, saying I love you's every minute of their waking moment. OKAY OKAY! I guess that's not entirely horrifying. We have our left wingers puking their eyes out for that one - that, I assure you.

But moving forward, our story acquaints us to the lovely house of Harry & Bill, as they prepare for their annual party. I don't know why they didn't invite me but I guess, that's for another time. I could have played the piano for free if they ask me nicely. I mean, what does a dead fabulous professional pianist entertaining superstar got to do these days on his spare time, huh?

So sit back, grab a popcorn and add a dash of cyanide, and remember . . . You don't need to go to a morgue to find the dead. The dead could always be you? MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!! 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

‘. . . and there’s lots more! Bring on your friends, your family, and your neighbor. If you want to have your children’s party, you can check out our Safari room. We offer you genuine music and entertainment, hosted by our wonderful kid-friendly, Chucky the Clown. You won’t be expecting some kids crying if he’s around. And we have some good ole’ country band from our amazing trio, The Hecklers. They play, country, indie, alternative, heavy metal, electronica, pop, and even the lovely blues. They’re so versatile, they can play anythin’ you want (Rap songs not included). Well, heck! You can even bring your cowboy boots for some hoedown. And if you want to have some alone time for the missis, we have our Savannah room for you to spend those nights where the kids are sleeping. Go have a date, bring your wife, bring your fiancée. And if you’re really that desperate, you can propose in our Starlight room. If the brood says yes, why not have your engagement party right there and then. And if she says no, you can celebrate your freedom by drinking at the Bull Shack, and enjoy the company of our dead patrons, who'll listen to you 24 hours a day. So come see us at Al and Chuck’s World Resto-Bar and have a howdy good ole’ time. . .’

Harry grabbed the remote and turned off the T.V. He whispered his disapproval and said, ‘God, I hate that commercial. So, anti-christian . . . Letting a clown near the kids. How dreadful.’

He then placed the groceries on the counter alongside the car keys that dangled on his finger. He took a big sigh of relief and clapped his hand in excitement and said, ‘Everything’s going according to plan. Ooh, I hope I got everything in time.’

His eyes searched the room, while his voice spoke in wonderment as he looked for his partner.

‘Bill! Bill, where the heck are you?’ he said, expressing the frustration in his tone.

A flushing sound coming from the toilet soon followed, and a man in his late 30’s (let’s just pretend its John Hamm), wearing a skimpy tight jeans and tucked-in polo shirt came in the room and said, ‘I think we ran out of toilet paper babe.’

Harry’s eyebrows united to rally his dread. He shrieked and said, ‘WHAT! That can’t be right! I got everything in order. I even double-checked the list on my phone this morning. I even dreamt that Meryl Streep would be awarding me an Oscar for being the best house-husband of this quaint little subtle town of Marfa, Texas County. I think I’m losing my touch.’

Bill rushed to give Harry a peck on his cheek, as he hoped to calm the exaggerations of his partner. He rolled himself on Harry’s back, placed his arms around his chest, and kissed his neck as his means of soothing his trepidations.

‘Don’t worry about it baby boy. I’m sure Meryl’s too busy getting prepped for the Oscars tonight. You might hear your name being called out in her winning speech for the Iron Lady. You’re the best man any guy like me can have. Everyone knows your parties are the bomb.’

‘Oh! Don’t just jinx it darling. Just cause it’s obvious that she’ll win tonight doesn’t mean that other nominated actresses won’t win. Like hell they will.’ said Harry, while Bill’s lips crept closer to his cheeks.

Bill’s mouth drew a whisper in Harry’s ear and said, ‘You know what’s better than Oscar night babe? Me, personally giving you my Oscar.’

His hug grew tighter, as he slowly brought his hips closer to Harry’s behind. He made an immediate hip-thrust, and spoke in a manner that resembles the mating rituals of wildebeests and other wildlife creatures in the prairie lands of Texas.

‘Grrr . . . You smell so good babe.’ said Bill, as his lips lingered longer on Harry’s neck. He again thrust his hip, which finally drew Harry’s attention.

‘Darling! I ain’t got time for your boner right now. Stop dry humping my ass, Bill.’ Exclaimed Harry, as he slowly pulled away from Bill’s excitement.

He turned around and tried to calm him, ‘You know how important tonight is darling. Oscar night only comes once every year. It’s not like Meryl will win her 4th Oscar when I’m alive, probably in two years time she will. But I hate to pop your bubble darling. . . I have awful news.’

Harry’s hand clasped on Bill’s cheeks, as his eyes denoted a firm sadness. There was a tinge of worry on Bill’s face, and sweat dabbled on his brows, as he awaited the somewhat, sad and somber news from Harry’s expression. It was as if he was expecting to hear that his mother had died.

‘Babe, what is it? Tell me? Did mom die?’

To prolong his news, and to add to his usual dramatic effect, Harry gave in a long sigh of discontent and finally told Harry of the news.

‘No darling, that would be for another day. But I have something that would upset you even greater than hearing your mom dying of disentery from eating her kittens . You have to brace yourself, all right darling. Be strong!’

Bill nodded, and Harry released his reddening cheek as he continued.

‘I heard from Patrick last week, when I went to town to have Pumpkin’s monthly injections from the vet. And no, it wasn’t the day that I asked the barbers to have Pumpkin have his hair dyed like Gwen Stefani. I think that was two days ago. Anyhoo, Patrick said, that when they were having dinner . . . Hang on, I think it was when they went to Chilis. Well, to put it lightly . . . Terry thinks that the light fixtures in our entertainment room . . . Are shit. He didn’t say it was SHIT – like shit SHIT! It’s more like, OOOOHHHH, there’s a shit. Not really, SHIT, but somewhat of a shit. You get me darling?’

Harry gave another sigh as a sign of relief and said, ‘Please don’t be mad. Are you okay darling? I shouldn’t have told the news today especially on a day like this.’ and proceeded to empty the bag of groceries.

Bill, on the other hand, slammed his fist on the kitchen counter, and said, ‘Damn it! I really thought I got it right this time. He really did say that?’

Harry nodded and smiled to his partner’s emotional fixation, while he continued placing the items in the pantry.

‘I can’t believe that bastard thinks it’s shit. He better be coming tonight. I don’t think he’s seen our 80-inch plasma, state of the art, 4D T.V., with a 10 speaker, sub-woofer, sub-router, sub-station, hi-fi, lo-fi, mid-fi, semi-fi, surround sound, Dolby Digital 10.10, with Mountain Tiger OSXX2X interface, touchscreen, voice command, holographic inter-tune, Tru-Brite Retina Display, called the Boom Bastic entertainment system, that’s perfectly placed in our entertainment room . . . does he?’ said Bill, while flustered yet sounding certain of his own rambling.

‘Nope darling. I don’t think he has. Why don’t you go be a big boy and go tinker on that will you, while I get busy making the hors d'œuvres.’

‘You know what babe. I think I will. I don’t think Patrick and Terry will be saying SHIT about my baby, once I put the cables for our 500 gig Internet connection. MOTHER FUCKER! Try and say something SHIT to that, bitch!’

‘Language dear. All right. Go have fun.’

Harry opened the box of ready-made pastry dough. He turned around to check on the roast chicken that has been roasting in the oven while he was at the market shopping for the items in his list. He pursed his lip to think of any item he might have missed.

A small container grabbed his interest inside the paper bag from his groceries. He opened it, took a whiff, and asked Bill.

‘Darling, do you prefer French onion, guacamole, chicken kiev, gurram masala, honey sweet mustard, Asian sweet dressing, salsa, or tomato sauce on your chicken?’

Bill replied, ‘Tomato sauce please.’ as his voice echoed in the room.

‘All right.’ said Harry.

He took the last item from the paper bags and read the label: Magnolia Tree’s: Soft Soothing Cocoa Butter Lotion. He scratched his head and said, ‘Bill, come here for a second. I don’t remember putting this in my grocery list.’

Bill was carrying a heavy box-set full of cables and his thingamajigs, and placed it on the counter edge. He went to Harry’s side and took the bottle from him, and reviewed the label.

‘Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about that . . .Ryan’s bringing a date tonight. He tells me that he snagged a zombie from this gay zombie-dating site. He tells me they’ve been going out for quite some time now.’

‘Good for him! But what’s this lotion got to do with Ryan bringing in a zombie as his plus one?’ wondered Harry.

‘You know how zombies are. They tend to dry your skin once you shake hands with em’. I don’t want my baby to have dry calloused skin.’  replied Bill, as he snagged a quick and intimate kiss from Harry’s lips.

‘That’s so sweet of you Darling. But you should have told me or texted me while I was at the market. I could have brought Ryan’s date, some fresh steaks from the butcher. I don’t think zombie’s eat roast chicken, or finger foods.’

‘Sorry babe. But there’s something you should know, and I reckon you’ll be proud of me. I brought Pumpkin to Carl’s house this morning. I thought he was out but his wife was there. Well, we don’t want our Pumpkin missing do we, or find pieces of his leg in the backyard like the last time. I’ve grown fond of that mutt. And I’m not in the mood to get another dog from the dog shelter, just because one our guest’s date happens to find our dog appetizing. And I’m not gonna cry for our 5th memorial service for our dog. I’m not gonna let that happen to myself.’

‘I’m proud of you babe. That’s good thinking.’ said Harry, as he wrapped his arms around Bill’s shoulder.

A buzzing sound alerted the two from their distraction. Harry rushed to open the oven, and grabbed an oven matt and placed the roast chicken on the counter top. The smell of the chicken swirled around and blessed the room of its aroma.

‘That smells heavenly.’ said Bill, as he inhaled the scent coming from the cooked poultry. They both looked at each other for a minute and understood their dilemma.

‘Is the dog shelter still open at this hour?’ asked Harry.

‘Yep. They close in 30 minutes. We gotta run babe.’ replied Bill, as he rushed to get the car keys.

‘Do you think Ryan’s date prefers a Shit-tzu or a Labrador? What if he’s on a diet? We could get a Chihuahua for him.’

‘Nah. Ryan tells me his date was a former varsity player for the Crimson Harvard.’

‘Oh my god! A varsity player and probably a lawyer? Shit, we better run dear.’ cried Harry.

‘Yeah, I think we should.’ replied Bill.

Edited by Henry_Henry2012
  • Like 4

Yesterday I had to explain WTH is a prompt . Then I got this weird idea, thought why not and wrote it down.

"Watcha doing?"

I'm staring at a screen, willing words to appear!

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a hand stealing my coffee and looked up. I'm very protective of my coffee. Mick.

"I'm answering a prompt."

"A prompt?"

He came around the table and tried to sneak a peek.

I quickly closed the laptop. Not that there was anything to see, but an empty document and a blinking cursor.

"Yes, you know: 'Write a story using the following words, yadda, yadda, yadda."

Mick took the chair opposite of mine, still sipping at my coffee occasionally, and I knew I wouldn't get rid of him until he'd said his piece.

Lifting his infamous left eyebrow he nodded. "Okay." Sip. "Why?"

"To get back into the right mind-set of writing. I'm a little bit off lately. I want to see stories happening in my head again..." Leaning back in my chair I tried to rub the slight tension out of my neck. Not that it helped.

Maybe I'm trying too hard.

"You writers are weird people." He examined me like he would one of the rare fungi species he was so fond of.

"Hmm..." What could I say, he's right.

He leaned forward, placing his outstretched hands on the tabletop. "Okay gimme the words."

"Hmmm?"

"The words, what words do you have to use?" He'd stopped drinking my coffee, probably because it was empty by then.

"Oh." Opening my laptop I clicked at the link and read, "Charity party, mortician, tracing paper, cork tree and fins."

"What whacked out mind came up with that?" He threw himself back in his chair. "Jeez."

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's a challenge Mick; it has to be a bit difficult."

"Oookay." Scrunching his nose, he narrowed his eyes and stared at something only he could see. It's always fun to see Mick thinking.

"What would I know about this?" He taps with his fingers on the arm rest. "Although, it can't be that hard."

"Uhu..."

Then he grinned. "What about: A mortician runs his car into a cork tree while on his way to a charity party because he's wearing fins?"

I snorted. "Easy as pie, huh? You forgot the tracing paper."

"Ah shit, I'm sure we can fit it in somewhere. How about-"

"MICK! Why are you here?"

That finally shut him up. He shrugged.

"Lisa asked me to remind you that you are expected to be at her engagement party at six and not to wear your cowboy boots with the suit again."

"And you are her errand boy since when exactly?"

"Since I also have to tell you that her idiot brother, who happens to be your boyfriend, has once again acted like a clown and thinks it's funny to wrap her car in toilet paper."

"It is funny, though." I couldn't suppress my grin, even if I'd wanted to, which I didn't.

"Yeah, I know, seeing that she actually gets hysterical every time she sees toilet paper since you told her that some of it is made of used paper, skipping over the fact that they don't use that kind of used paper..."

"I wasn't skipping over the fact; I'd never thought she would actually..."

"Yes, and that magnolia tree over there is actually a pine tree.”

• Like 4

This is such a great prompt. The responses are so cool. 

Sasha, seriously, in such few words, you managed to tell a whole story and pack all that emotions. The alienation, the pain and yes, the hope.

Henry, that was so original. I doubt anyone would have thought of this approach with the zombie prompt. Creative and funny. And kudos for merging the two prompts. ;)

Aditus: Lol! Toilet paper recycled from that kind of used paper? Very witty. Non-writer people do think we are weird... And yes we are. :D

Cheers

Ieshwar

• Like 2

Never done anything like this before, but thought I'd give it a shot. Here goes:

Being a father is rarely ever easy. Being a single father is never, ever easy. I stood in front of our big picture window watching my son Dane and his best friend Jeremy, as they were cleaning the last of the toilet paper out of the stately magnolia tree that graces our front lawn. What is it with trees, t.p., and high school football teams?

They could have been done an hour ago if they hadn't decided to clown around so much in the process. And what in the world kind of fashion statement was Dane trying to make? A wife beater, baggy jean shorts, and cowboy boots?!

I tried to turn my attention to more pressing details, namely Dane's older sister's wedding and upcoming engagement party. My wife had been such a wonderful mother to our kids; how I wished she'd lived long enough to see me walk our daughter down the aisle next month.

But I also wish she were here to help me understand and deal with what was really bothering me today. Jeremy had spent the night last night. And what really had me confused, concerned, and contradicted were the sounds I heard coming from Dane's bedroom as I passed by.

Edited by mickey1952
  • Like 3

Just Another Saturday in Paradise

"You need more toilet paper in the bathroom.  I used the last of it"  KC ran past Jo Ann in a  purple clown suit, with huge yellow and green polka dots.

Doing a doubletake when she saw him, Jo Ann said,  "You know, it doesn't cause brain damage if you replace the toilet paper.  I've done it many times, and my gray area is clear as a bell."

KC stopped and turned before he opened the door.  "I can't be late for this engagement party.  It is paying me five hundred bucks that I need to pay the first month's note on my new truck."

"Who hires a clown for an engagement party?"  Jo Ann shook her head, wondering where KC found these crazies he worked with and befriended.

"People who let kids come to their engagement party hire a clown to entertain the kiddos while the adults have their furn."  KC popped his hands on his hips, tapping the long flat red glittered clown shoe on the floor.

Cassie walked through the front door and threw her laptop on the couch and stopped when she saw KC standing there in the clown suit.  "Ok, KC.  This is carrying it a bit far.  I've seen you dress as a cheerleader, cinderella, pirate, New Year's baby, but who is perverted enough to want to get it on with a clown,,for pete's sake?

"Just forget it you two.  I have to go.  It's supposed to be over at eight p.m. sharp, so I will be home in plenty of time to watch a movie or something."  KC grabbed his key and ran out the door.

A few minutes later the girls heard KC's truck rev up, then squeal tires, rev up, squeal tires, over and over.  They looked out the window to see what was wrong.  He had made it halfway down the concrete drive.  Jo Ann opened the door and asked, "What the hell are you doing leaving those black marks in the drive?  I'll have you out here with bleach and sponges tonight, instead of watching a movie.

KC stuck his had out the window and screamed.  "It's these damn clown shoes.  I can't work the clutch with them on.  Please bring me some more shoes."

Sighing loudly, Jo Ann went back into the house and came back with KC's favorite cowboy boots.  She opened the door of the jeep and helped him change shoes. 

"Thanks.  I'll see ya'll later."  KC finished backing out and turned down the street, tooting his horn as he went.

Jo Ann cringed when she heard the horn play, "I'm Sexy and I Know It."  She couldn't believe they even made that stuff, let alone, someone buy it.

********

Cassie and Jo Ann settled in with a beer and pizza to watch the movie.  Neither of them thought it wierd that KC wasn't there.  He'd probably hooked up with someone at the party. 

"Let's turn some music on since KC isn't here and just relax for awhile.  Whadda you say?"  Cassie got up to turn on the stereo, as Jo Ann switched off the movie.  Five minutes later, Jo Ann's phone went off.

"Dammit, if that's KC in trouble, I'm leaving him to it."  She clicked her phone angrily when she saw KC's number on the screen.  "What's wrong now KC?  How could you possibly get in trouble in a clown suit, entertaining kids?."

"You and Cass need to come and get me Jo."  KC whispered the words into Jo Ann's ear.

Holding her hand over her phone, Jo Ann looked at Cassie.  "It's worse than we thought.  He is whispering into his phone, and wants both of us to come get him."

Cassie took her feet from Jo Ann's lap and pulled her boots on.  She started picking up the pizza and beer bottles while Jo Ann got the details.

Jo Ann cut her phone off and looked at Cassie, trying not to laugh, but also trying to be serious. "You'll never guess where KC is."

"No, and I probably don't want to know.  If he was whispering, then he's where he's not supposed to be and on the verge of being in another mess."  Cassie handed Jo Ann her keys, following Jo Ann out the front door.

They drove a few minutes before Cassie finally caved.  "So, are you going to tell me?"

"He snuck off from the engagement party with the Mayor because the Mayor thought his wife would stay to clean up afterwards.  Needless to say, the wifey came home unexpectedly and KC had to split."  Jo Ann was trying not to laugh.

A couple of blocks later, Jo Ann pulled over in front of a huge Magnolia, whose foliage made the darkness beneath it, inpenetrable at night..  She hoped KC heard them drive up, because she cut the lights off so that she wouldn't attract attention. 

Cassie and Jo Ann fell into a fit of giggles minute or so later when KC emerged from under the heavy leaves of the tree.  A car turned onto the block, and standing therein the lights of the car was KC, in all his naked glory, with nothing covering the lower part of his body but glittery red clown shoes.  The only other adornment he sported was the red clown nose, that he probably wasn't even aware he had on.  Jo Ann thought about taking pics with her camera, but she knew they probably needed to get the hell out of there.

KC grabbed the handle of the back door and hopped in the back seat, trying to cover his privates with one of the cowboy boots.  "Thanks for coming guys.  I was beginning to panic.  Something kept brushing my ass, and I didn't want to know what it was."

Cassie and Jo Ann giggled the whole ride home.  When they turned in the drive, KC asked.  "Do you mind bringing me a robe or something?  It looks like the neighbors are still awake."

Several minutes later, the three of them were watching the movie as if nothing had happened.

"I hope you got your money before you decided to screw the Mayor, KC."  Jo Ann sipped on her beer and watched KC.

"She paid me half of it upfront, and I am supposed to get half after the party.  I guess I better call her tomorrow."  KC looked around nervously.

"So, who is She"  Cassie chimed in. 

Looking sheepish, KC replies.  "The Mayor's wife."

"Well, there goes the first payment on your new truck."  Jo Ann gathered the beer bottles and headed to the kitchen, almost feeling sorry for KC.  He got into more trouble by default than most did on purpose.

When she came back into the den, she handed the others a beer and as she started to sit, someone knocked on the door.  Opening the door, she almost spit out her beer.  The Mayor's wife stood there holding KC's clown suit and wig.

"Hi girls.  KC, here's your clown suit.  Ed said you stopped by the house to change on your way out.  I decided to bring it with me, since I had to run your money over.  I didn't get to see you before you left the party."  She talked in the sweetest voice.

Handing KC, the suit and wig,she then handed him a small manila envelope with his name on it.  "Thanks for helping at the party"  Then, she threw her head back and walked out the door.

Grinning in relief, KC put the suit and wig on the couch.  He opened the envelope, and pulled out a white slip of paper.  Peering back into the envelope, he didn't see his money.

Jo Ann reached and took the piece of paper from his hand and unfolded it.

KC

IF YOU COME NEAR MY EDDIE AGAIN, i WILL CUT YOUR DICK OFF AND LAY IT ON THE PAVEMENT FOR ROADKILL. 

SINCERELY YOURS

EDDIE'S WIFE

P.S.  IF YOU STILL THINK YOU DESERVE THE $250, COME GET IT!

KC was visibly shaking by now, covering his crotch with a couch pillow.  (maybe the girls would help him with the payment)

As if they could read his mind, Jo Ann and Cassie said in unison.  "Nope, not happening."

Edited by joann414
  • Like 3

I think it has something to do with orbital pull between the moon, Joanne,Cassie and KC.  Either that or its the beer and since the girls are always drinking beer a day KC is usually the one that is always naked at some point, I will go with the beer.....It's safer lmao

• Like 2

It seems just yesterday when he was running around with Roarke's old cowboy boots and nothing else. He traipsed thru every mud puddle that day trying to be the same as Christopher Robin.  Roake  got so mad at him but Sean just turned those blue eyes up at him and Roarke's mad just flew out the window. I swear there were days he got away with murder just by turning those blue eyes on you.  The first time he tried shaving he looks so cute walking down the hallway with what had to have been 3 pieces of toilet paper stuck to his chin to stop the bleeding, thank god for electric shavers. Just last week he was acting the clown at his engagement party I think Tara was so embarrassed when he excused himself half way thru the dinner and walked back into the hall carrying a huge bouquet of balloons and brought then to her.  There were so much laughter and love that night.  Its hard to believe it was only a week ago, so much has happened since then. I turn away from the stark scene of the lone headstone sitting on the hill underneath the Magnolia tree, I think to myself, there is something wrong with the world when parents outlive there children.

• Like 1