What are you listening to?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a singer, I think if you're getting paid a lot of money to sing, you should actually be able to do it well. If you can't, then screw off.

Well in that case, a lot of those singers in underground clubs wouldnt get paid a dime then if they needed to sing well.

Britney sings and well when she's not dancing (and then again she often performed dancing and singing live and pulled it off), that's how she got her record deal in the first place. I could show you tons of videos but meh, I take it you're one of those sheep haters who hate just to hate.

Anywayz, have a good day or evening. :)

Well in that case, a lot of those singers in underground clubs wouldnt get paid a dime then if they needed to sing well.

Britney sings and well when she's not dancing (and then again she often performed dancing and singing live and pulled it off), that's how she got her record deal in the first place. I could show you tons of videos but meh, I take it you're one of those sheep haters who hate just to hate.

Anywayz, have a good day or evening. :)

"I take it you're one of those sheep haters who hate just to hate."? Well, I think that's the first time I've been called a sheep hater. I mean, I've never really had any problems with sheep. Oh, wait, you mean I hate her because other people hate her? Well, if that's true, then I wonder why they hate her in the first place? And as for your first point - she sings well when she's not dancing, are you frickin kidding me? That's her frickin job! To sing while dancing and to do them both well!

So Rich, So Pretty - Mickey Avalon

Edited by Nerotorb
"I take it you're one of those sheep haters who hate just to hate."? Well, I think that's the first time I've been called a sheep hater. I mean, I've never really had any problems with sheep. Oh, wait, you mean I hate her because other people hate her? Well, if that's true, then I wonder why they hate her in the first place? And as for your first point - she sings well when she's not dancing, are you frickin kidding me? That's her frickin job! To sing while dancing and to do them both well!

So Rich, So Pretty - Mickey Avalon

Oh they hate her because they're pretentious people who wouldn't listen to anything that is 'popular'. And hey, can you run and sing flawlessly at the same time? Can you? No? You know why? Because it is biologically impossible. But still, she did it, on more than one occasion and still sounded good. :)

Oh they hate her because they're pretentious people who wouldn't listen to anything that is 'popular'. And hey, can you run and sing flawlessly at the same time? Can you? No? You know why? Because it is biologically impossible. But still, she did it, on more than one occasion and still sounded good. :)

Stick to the subject. We're not talking about running and singing, were talking about dancing and singing. Doing them both at the same time is tough, but I know I can do it. Now I give props where they're due, but again, I never remember her being able to do either particularly well.

Stick to the subject. We're not talking about running and singing, were talking about dancing and singing. Doing them both at the same time is tough, but I know I can do it. Now I give props where they're due, but again, I never remember her being able to do either particularly well.

Oh really?

The point was, you need to use your breath to sing techinically well. You can't do that when you're dancing around. And when you do, you can't sing as well as you do when you're not moving. And if you can't run and sing at the same time, how can you dance, keeping in mind that it's more complicated than just running as you need to remember the choregraphy and on top of that remember what you're singing. You can do it? Please, if you can, prove it. It's easy to just say it, so prove it.

And here's a video of her singing and dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QbvJ4CsJPo

Oh really?

The point was, you need to use your breath to sing techinically well. You can't do that when you're dancing around. And when you do, you can't sing as well as you do when you're not moving. And if you can't run and sing at the same time, how can you dance, keeping in mind that it's more complicated than just running as you need to remember the choregraphy and on top of that remember what you're singing. You can do it? Please, if you can, prove it. It's easy to just say it, so prove it.

She really was hot (and even beautiful) back in the day, and I agree that she did dance well. I've always thought she was a fine performer, and I really do wish her well in life. I also do like a lot of her songs. I never thought she was especially gifted vocally, I mean even in her "hay day" I don't really think that was were strong suit. She was adequate though, and I don't think every entertainer needs to be perfect in everything. She had great songwriters who wrote catchy lyrics, she had excellent music behind her, she could dance and perform very well, she was sexy, and she had the attitude and personality. That's definitely sufficient IMO to justify her success.

My two favourite Britney videos have always been:

and

My Prerogative

But then I've always been a sucker for "empowering" songs.

As for right now in her career...well I think she's either going to have to tone up or tone down the sexual nature of her clothes and performances. In general I think she's going to have to evolve to play more to her current strengths than trying to live in the past. For example her body isn't as slammin' as it used to be, nor does she have the same health and stamina levels that she had before which allowed her more difficult dance routines. I think she actually needs to go for a more conservative style and maybe play more to a fantastical, animated video (ala "toxic").

As far as her personal life with all the boozing, rehab, head shaving, and commando outfits...well that's her "prerogative", and I've never thought celebrities or politicians should be expected to be "role models", so I couldn't care less.

Now if you want to talk about a diva with killer vocals, a still sexy bod, and smashing performances, who, IMO, also makes a pretty decent role model...well that would have to be my gurl Christiana. :boy:

-Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Oh really?

Yes, you need your breath to do both at the same time. And it's tough and it takes a ridiculous amount of practice to do them well at the same time. And it's for that reason that I've taken dance lessons for 7 years now. And you are absolutely right, you sound a hell of a lot better then you do when not dancing at all. But when you practice dancing enough, you don't need to to remember every little step of choreography, because it has been ingrained in you from so much practice. So I don't think I will keep that in mind. Because when I'm doing both at the same time, I'm only thinking about singing well.

And can I do it? Well, let me list the ways huh? I've taken dance lessons for 7 years, I've been a choreographer at a dance studio in North Hollywood for a year now, and I got a recording contract a few months ago. So yeah, I know what the hell I'm talking about, so do you? Oh, and I know there's a few videos online of me singing and dancing somewhere, but you can look those up in your own sweet time.

Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Muse

Yes, you need your breath to do both at the same time. And it's tough and it takes a ridiculous amount of practice to do them well at the same time. And it's for that reason that I've taken dance lessons for 7 years now. And you are absolutely right, you sound a hell of a lot better then you do when not dancing at all. But when you practice dancing enough, you don't need to to remember every little step of choreography, because it has been ingrained in you from so much practice. So I don't think I will keep that in mind. Because when I'm doing both at the same time, I'm only thinking about singing well.

And can I do it? Well, let me list the ways huh? I've taken dance lessons for 7 years, I've been a choreographer at a dance studio in North Hollywood for a year now, and I got a recording contract a few months ago. So yeah, I know what the hell I'm talking about, so do you? Oh, and I know there's a few videos online of me singing and dancing somewhere, but you can look those up in your own sweet time.

Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Muse

It's a bit easy, isn't it? "Oh yeah there are videos of me singing and dancing online. But you look for it." Yeah, I'm sure you can dance well and sing flawlessly at the same time. I mean, professionals always say 'you cannot do both at the same time, it's impossible. One has to suffer for the other. Either you dance well or you sing well. If you want to do both, the dancing will be simple and slow moving and won't look as good as when you're not singing." But hey, I guess you must be real special then, eh? >.>

Anywayz, congrats on your recording contract, I wish you all the best.

Actually, it's not easy. That's why I said, "it's tough and it takes a ridiculous amount of practice to do them well at the same time." And there are videos of me singing and dancing online, and I know that because I've posted a few on this website.

And to reinforce my point:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=274895>1=7703

And I actually like Christina Aguilera. She could actually sing.