What are you listening to?

and I got a recording contract a few months ago.

Dude, that's awesome! Congrats :D

err, went to the website, but how would I find the video in question?

And I actually like Christina Aguilera. She could actually sing.

She sure can! She's also strong on gay rights! :)

-Kevin

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's not easy. That's why I said, "it's tough and it takes a ridiculous amount of practice to do them well at the same time." And there are videos of me singing and dancing online, and I know that because I've posted a few on this website.

And to reinforce my point:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=274895>1=7703

And I actually like Christina Aguilera. She could actually sing.

That performance wasn't the one intended, it's a last minute change due to the Hotel refusing "Criss Angel"'s version of the performance. Go check her performances on the same VMAs from the previous years, when she hadn't given birth to two kids and stayed out of the showbiz for 4 years. It's funny how you conviently ignore the video I posted too. :rolleyes:

Britney can sing too, just because you don't like it means she can't do it. -_-

But hey, we'll see if you'll even come close to what she's achieved so far. I mean, according to you, it was a piece of cake for her, so I'm sure you'll top everything she's done and become one of the world's biggest superstars. :lol:

Edited by SRV1984
That performance wasn't the one intended, it's a last minute change due to the Hotel refusing "Criss Angel"'s version of the performance. Go check her performances on the same VMAs from the previous years, when she hadn't given birth to two kids and stayed out of the showbiz for 4 years. It's funny how you conviently ignore the video I posted too. :rolleyes:

Britney can sing too, just because you don't like it means she can't do it. -_-

But hey, we'll see if you'll even come close to what she's achieved so far. I mean, according to you, it was a piece of cake for her, so I'm sure you'll top everything she's done and become one of the world's biggest superstars. :lol:

1. I have no idea what you're talking about at the beginning of your post. What the hell does Criss Angel have to do with anything? Whatever . . .

2. When you are referring to the other VMA performances, are you talking about the one where she kissed Madonna? Yep, that was a great performance.

3. The website I posted was an article not a video, although, I believe there is video of her on the site, so whatever. I'll post the article below, but if you want to see it yourself, head to msn.com and click on "Bleary Brit - Out-of-shape Spears opens MTV VMAs."

4. I'm surprised you posted that video. Because if I was trying to convince you she can't sing, then that's the type of video I would have posted. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. And thanks for that vote of confidence! It really means a lot to me coming from someone like you. This has been fun!

The article:

"LAS VEGAS -- As in most train wrecks, it was hard to focus on just one thing as the Britney Spears disaster unfolded. There was just so much that went wrong.

Out-of-synch lip-synching. Lethargic movements that seemed choreographed by a dance instructor for a nursing home. The paunch in place of Spears' once-taut belly. At times she just stopped singing altogether, as if even she knew nothing could save her performance.

Designed to drum up excitement for her upcoming album, Spears' kickoff to the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday night became another example of how far she has fallen. It would have been understandable if MTV's show had been crushed under the weight of the opening fiasco

I know you probably believe everything and anything you read but actually Criss Angel had choregraphed the original performance of Britney for the VMAs but MTV pulled out the plug at the last minute. That's why I mentioned this.

When I mentioned the past VMAs yes, I also meant the one with Madonna as well. But hey, I'm not going to bother show you the previous ones because you seem to go in circles with your arguments. -_-

And please do "stick to the subject", I posted that video because I said she does performances where she sings live and dances at the same time. I didn't say it was 'a great vocal performance', I said this points out that she can dance and sing at the same time.

I happen to have a very eclectic taste in music as you will see below lol:

* Dark Come Soon - Tegan and Sara

*Heaven - John Legend

*Hold On - KT Tunstall (her new single yay)

*Do It - Nelly Furtado ft. Missy Elliott

love lots of music, no matter what kind it is

"Voodoo Child" by Rogue Traders

"I Can't Decide" by Scissor Sisters

-Jules

PS. Thank The Doctor for getting me hooked on those two songs. (Please let someone know who and what im talking about :P )

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. And I hope you know that I feel like a huge geek right now because I know this. (Although, being a fan of BSG, it's not like I wasn't really one before.)

1234 - Feist

Avantasia (The Metal Opera Part I and II) - Serpents in Paradise, Glory of Rome, Avantasia, Sign of the Cross, The Tower, The Final Sacrifice, The Seven Angels

Skyclad- The Widdershins Jig, Cradle Will Fall, Skyclad, Moongleam and Meadowsweet

soundtrack of a lazy sunday (yes, the complete albums):

Keane - hopes and fears

Matt Pond PA - several arrows later

Franz Ferdinand - you could have it so much better

Albert Hammond Jr. - yours to keep

The Shins - chutes too narrow

Iron & Wine - our endless numbered days