What I've Done by Lost Cause

• Site Administrator

:hug: A hug for Clay and his family.

It's a painful thing that they've gone through, and it's one I sincerely hope I never experience. I wouldn't want anyone to experience it, though it happens :(

We don't learn what happened until late in the story, but it's obvious that Clay and his parents were struggling to cope. I remember reading that many marriages fail after the death of a child, and I could see the signs of the same thing happening in the events at the start of the story. Despite what he said, I suspect Clay's dad was blaming himself for Jason's death, and that the drinking was a way of trying to cope. His pleading at the end of the first section told me that he didn't really blame Clay, but he was also scared to lose a second son.

Clay had to find his own way to acceptance and forgiveness. He said so at the start of the story. Leo played his role in that process, showing Clay that there were still people who could love him unconditionally, who could look up to him. When Clay was ready to hear it, Evan came along to tell him the truth Clay needed. It's not stated in the story, but I suspect Matt had said something similar previously, but Clay hadn't been ready to hear it.

I was intrigued by the way it was Leo and Evan who took Clay back to his parent's house, and not Matt. I'd like to think that that is because Matt was wise enough to let Clay go -- to let Evan and Leo take him to the next step in his recovery.

Thank you, very much, Lost Cause. You've treated a difficult subject with sensitivity and done a brilliant job with it. :wub: I'm looking forward to reading a lot more from you in the future. :2thumbs:

That was a very well done story that also serves to illustrate a very serious issue. Very well done, L0st Cause!

Matt is perhaps my favorite character. the wrestling scene was just plain good fun, and when the finger got bit, I laughed out loud.

Thanks for a wonderful story, LC!

:hug: A hug for Clay and his family.

It's a painful thing that they've gone through, and it's one I sincerely hope I never experience. I wouldn't want anyone to experience it, though it happens :(

We don't learn what happened until late in the story, but it's obvious that Clay and his parents were struggling to cope. I remember reading that many marriages fail after the death of a child, and I could see the signs of the same thing happening in the events at the start of the story. Despite what he said, I suspect Clay's dad was blaming himself for Jason's death, and that the drinking was a way of trying to cope. His pleading at the end of the first section told me that he didn't really blame Clay, but he was also scared to lose a second son.

Clay had to find his own way to acceptance and forgiveness. He said so at the start of the story. Leo played his role in that process, showing Clay that there were still people who could love him unconditionally, who could look up to him. When Clay was ready to hear it, Evan came along to tell him the truth Clay needed. It's not stated in the story, but I suspect Matt had said something similar previously, but Clay hadn't been ready to hear it.

I was intrigued by the way it was Leo and Evan who took Clay back to his parent's house, and not Matt. I'd like to think that that is because Matt was wise enough to let Clay go -- to let Evan and Leo take him to the next step in his recovery.

Thank you, very much, Lost Cause. You've treated a difficult subject with sensitivity and done a brilliant job with it. :wub: I'm looking forward to reading a lot more from you in the future. :2thumbs:

Hey Graeme thanks!

It took me quite some time to finish this story, as it was very hard to write at times. I really am glad you enjoyed it and I also have a little surprise for all those who liked it in the comming weeks.

That was a very well done story that also serves to illustrate a very serious issue. Very well done, L0st Cause!

Matt is perhaps my favorite character. the wrestling scene was just plain good fun, and when the finger got bit, I laughed out loud.

Thanks for a wonderful story, LC!

Thanks CJ, I couldn't write a story without some kind of comedy, now could I?

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback <3

-Mike

Hey Graeme thanks!

It took me quite some time to finish this story, as it was very hard to write at times. I really am glad you enjoyed it and I also have a little surprise for all those who liked it in the comming weeks.

Thanks CJ, I couldn't write a story without some kind of comedy, now could I?

Thanks for reading and leaving feedback <3

-Mike

Awsome story.... If I read the message to Graeme correctly can I assume that you might be considering continueing the story? Or possibly writing a similar story in the near future????? *hopping up and down in excitement* You did a great job on the story please please please continue writing.

• Site Administrator
Awsome story.... If I read the message to Graeme correctly can I assume that you might be considering continueing the story? Or possibly writing a similar story in the near future????? *hopping up and down in excitement* You did a great job on the story please please please continue writing.

That's the way I read it, too :) I'm looking forward to seeing what Lost Cause writes next :D

Hey LC,

I'm glad I read this story as well. You portrayed a story with so many tragedies. Evan and Leo's abusive father. A family broken apart by a death. A young man trying to cope with the consequences that he blamed himself for. Suicide is one of the most sad things for a person to go through and you wrote what happens after the fact with the ones left behind well.

Anyway, good job. I'm looking forward to more writings from you in the future. :)

Krista

That's the way I read it, too :) I'm looking forward to seeing what Lost Cause writes next :D

I don't want to give anything away, so you will just have to wait and see what comes next :D:D

Hey LC,

I'm glad I read this story as well. You portrayed a story with so many tragedies. Evan and Leo's abusive father. A family broken apart by a death. A young man trying to cope with the consequences that he blamed himself for. Suicide is one of the most sad things for a person to go through and you wrote what happens after the fact with the ones left behind well.

Anyway, good job. I'm looking forward to more writings from you in the future. :)

Krista

Hey Krista

Thanks a bunch for your kind words. Like I said before it was a tough story to write and it really did take me quite a while to be able to finish it, and I'm happy I did.

-Mike

Matt is what makes the story for me. There are all these tragedies, and tangled characters afraid of their own shadows. Then there is Matt, who despite never crying can also be seen in a tragic light. He tries so hard to reach out to his best friend, to just be there when Clay needs someone, and Clay doesn't reach back. The first thing I wondered when I reads "What I've done" was "How is Matt going to take Evan's usurpation?"

Anyways, good job. I too look forward to reading more of your writing.

--Gabe

At the outset, I knew Jason was gone. The devastation in his family was more than evident. Clay was significantly older than his brother. Old enough to possibly be overly protective, which is more than enough reason to hate yourself for what occurred in his brother's life. Clay had to go through a lot to come to terms with what happened to his brother. It was nice to have Leo there to help him along.

Matt kind of reminded me of a big friendly dog, a Retriever or German Shepherd, who is there to make you feel good no matter how sad you are, even if you're not willing to pay attention to the gift it is offering.

Evan seems to be the enigma, though. I would've preferred seeing some resolution to his and Leo's problem in the course of his growing friendship with Clay. You know it happens, but sometimes a reader wants a bit more meat in their pie.

Carl :boy:

Mike, I enjoyed your story. Sometimes we forget how cruel kids can be. I went through a period of time in high school in which I became depressed. I was never picked on for those reasons, because I hid my sexual orientation, even from myself. Either way, high school can be difficult for gay/bi teens. It's a problem for so many. I'm glad I decided to live. It's good to know that we can reach out to struggling teens. The world is slowly changing, but we have a lot of work to do. We cannot sit idly by and watch as gay/bi teens are suffering because of bigotry. I appreciate your stories and others like it. We need to increase awareness about the tragic consequences of bullying.

This is one awesome story, Mike. It portrays so many of the problems that gay/bi teens face today and some even all teens face.

It is beautifully done and full of emotions. I loved the part where Matt consoles Clay and the latter puts his head on Matt's shoulders. That kind of friendship, as Evan pointed out, is very hard to find. :)

:worship: I'm really looking forward to more from you. Great work. :D

BeaStKid

It was very good... just made me really sad, lol. First Menzo and now you, you people are just trying to make me cry!

~gigantic hugs of snuggly doom~ Good job, but I'm gonna pretend like the end was more like Jason didn't die, responded well to CPR, and either Evan and Clay or Clay and Matt ended up all snuggly and happy... or better yet, that Clay and Matt ended up snuggly and happy, and Evan was a bit younger and ended up snuggly and happy with Jason. Damn it, everybody's gonna be snuggly and happy or I'm gonna get mad.

...so um... what else ya written? :) ~goes in search of shtuff~

All I can say is WOW Mike.

Your story was so deep, so emotion filled, it really impacted me.

I've never felt a story tug at my heartstrings so heavily, with such a thick, real, heavy hitting plot.

I really do hope that you continue on this one, and continue on for a long time it's one of the best, if not the best story I've read at this point in my life.

I wish you the best of luck, and thank you for absolutely making my day!

So cheers to one of the greatest stories out there :].

-Matt

All I can say is WOW Mike.

Your story was so deep, so emotion filled, it really impacted me.

I've never felt a story tug at my heartstrings so heavily, with such a thick, real, heavy hitting plot.

I really do hope that you continue on this one, and continue on for a long time it's one of the best, if not the best story I've read at this point in my life.

I wish you the best of luck, and thank you for absolutely making my day!

So cheers to one of the greatest stories out there :].

-Matt

Awwww

Thanks for the kind words Matt.

And welcome to the GA man, Im kind of honored you came here for me!

But there are a ton of authors out here, who are way better then I am so go check them out! haha.

-Mike

(Thanks agian!)

Hey Mike,

very good story ! Well, what else can i say that the others didn't say already (i am late in reading the winter anthology it seems). But you asked for feedback, and it seems i am in "posting mood" today....

I wonder how Clay is going to patch up things with Matt again ;-) (-> me thinks this could be the start of a sequel ;-))... and if Clay and Evan will become friends or more ?????

well done, thanks a lot for sharing !

• 3 weeks later...
ummm, There's not much more else that I can add that haven't been said yet. It's a great story, I really like it. It's a very sweet story.

Matt and Clay's friendship is so nice, it's fun everything Matt have done. keep it going

Hey

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for all of your comments!

-Mike