This camp mentality is starting to bug me. Why must you belong to one or the other? You can appreciate both for what they are. No drug of choice is ever so simple, you can tailor the fix to the needs of the now. You don

This camp mentality is starting to bug me.  Why must you belong to one or the other?  You can appreciate both for what they are.  No drug of choice is ever so simple, you can tailor the fix to the needs of the now.  You don
P. P.S. That shows how much I trust you all and why I'm here. If this were a forum filled with straight men, there's no way in h*ll I would have made that last remark. I also beg the indulgence of my fellow women on the board for using that pejorative expression.

As an interesting side note to your use of the perjorative, a womyn friend of mine goes ballistic when anyone use the word bi*ch in front of her, except when we refer to my late female dog (actually, we referred to her as a dogie-bitch because she wasn't very "female" in her bahavior). This same dog had a habit if licking the carpet and swallowing air (lead to her ultimate demise :( ), so it became habit to replace the word bi*ch with the phrase "carpet licker." I never could understand why the latter was less offensive than the former :huh: .

Snow Dog the Domaholic Danderthal

P. S. Just because we're Rainbow, it doesn't mean we're pussies.

P. P.S. That shows how much I trust you all and why I'm here. If this were a forum filled with straight men, there's no way in h*ll I would have made that last remark. I also beg the indulgence of my fellow women on the board for using that pejorative expression.

Only pussies apologize for using the term pussies...

Danopolis is large enough to contain people who aren't slavishly devoted to Dan. Let's see... there's Vic and his Trojan something... then there's Trebs who spends more time in Dom Anon... and of course yours truly who indulge in DD every once in a while. There's nothing wrong with being a social user, the key is not to overindulge! :)

spelling woman 'womyn' is pussy :P

humynkind? man/woman/transsexualslaughter? mynagement?

:ph34r:

I don't always use 'womyn' in place of women. I only use it in reference to members of a politically radical group of feminists. And even then it is not out of any sense of politial correctness, but merely a desire to have my testicles remain attached to my body and of the proper size. So I guess, in that sense it is pussy, So Be It.

the key is not to overindulge! :)

I guess that's my problem, I found myself SERIOUSLY discussing the psychology of the canine characters in Dom's stories. Even when the absurdaty of the discussion was pointed out, I couldn't stop myself. I'm just not so sure that I can be a 'stop at one' user.

Edited by Snow Dog
Snow Dog, I think I love you.  :wub:   In a non-rainbow kind of way.

Great post.

I didn't know how to respond to this initially. Suffice it to say that I'm always um .. encouraged when I can make the big kitties purr loudly.

In the future, you'll get farther if you can say things without quoting David Cassidy :P .

I think I love you...so what am I so afraid of?

Yegads...to remember that much of that song is bad enough.  To have the tune stuck in my head....SMACK!

Don't blame me, the Big Feline brought it up. Although I have found the cureall to remove any song from your head (at least it works for me). I simply sing the Canadian National Anthem, it makes your mind go blank, and there is no way to get it stuck in your head.

No offense to Canadians intended, I am a first generation American with a family that had been in Canada since the approximately oh lets see um 1779, they kinda left at night.

P. S. Just because we're Rainbow, it doesn't mean we're pussies.

Only pussies apologize for using the term pussies...

Mark, I think we could have a groovy kind of love, but for now, we will go on.....remember these are my drunken posts..........lol

LA,

Lore

P.S. you are bi right?

Edited by lobaiga

since snow came clean then i will be brave too. i am JC and i am a danderthal...is that the right term? domaholic. its ok though cause dom said i dont have to be momogomous. :D

:off: stupid question time. um snow dog.. what happens to the white when the snow melts? :P

sorry i always wanted to ask some one that.

since snow came clean then i will be brave too. i am JC and i am a danderthal...is that the right term? domaholic. its ok though cause dom said i dont have to be momogomous.  :D

:off: stupid question time. um snow dog.. what happens to the white when the snow melts? :P

sorry i always wanted to ask some one that.

** better mood warning **

Lets see ... I coined danderthal (as far as I know) a few others have quietly told me they identify with the name. As far as I can tell, no one has "decided" on a name for those intelligent few who worship Dan and his marvelous writings. Call yourself what you want, we don't throw hissy fits on this side of the neurotic curtain.

As the to the white when the snow melts ... the easy answer is that it goes the same place that all the information on the monitor goes if you turn it off.

The more technically correct answer is that the human perception of light is based on electromagnetic radiation activating the neural cells in the rod and cones of your eyes. The rods provide information about intensity, but have no ability to discriminate color. The cones come in 3 types, each with a different color sensitivity centered primarily on the colors Red, Green and Blue (this is why color tv was invented as RGB not the insipid red, yellow, and blue that some idiot in elementary school taught you were primary). When all 3 colors of cones are activated you human eye interprets the signal as "white".

The white on the snow that you see is actually light that is reflected from the complicated crystal structure that the water formed when the average thermal energy dropped below the energy of fusion, thus going though a phase change and releasing enegry equivalent to the enthalpy of fusion (froze, but that's chemistry, well, physical chemistry actually). Thus, ambient white light reflects off of, it refracted by, or transmits through the ice crystals and activates the rods and cones in your eyes causing your brain to interpret the signal as 'white'. If you increase the average thermal energy above the energy of fusion and supply the enthalpy of fusion required for the phase transition to the liquid state, there no more crystalline lattice structre, no reflected, refracted or transmitted light, thus the white goes the way of the dinasours.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Don't ask a question if you don't want the answer :D

Dr. Snow Dog the Physically-Domaholic Danderthal