Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes 17: The Show Must Go On

It's looking good :) maybe eventually this year get a new background for your site.

Chapter is great :D

Sorority chicks are bad eh? Giggle. So George did find out, yet I think we haven't heard the last from this scum bag.

I think by this chapter Keith and Jansen like Eric as a friend.. I could be wrong they could betray him.

With Felicia isn't it a good plan to try to practice and not just make the General fail isn't it that bad for team work? or is it just friendly competition?

Edited by Drewbie
  • Site Administrator

Thanks for the early release CJ :great: .

I was going to get mad about absolutely none of my predictions coming true, but then thought to myself that there is still another night with Eric at the club to get into a whole lot of trouble. Not to mention the pictures that were taken by whomever. It wouldn't be the first time in this story that pictures of Eric turned up in the wrong hands ^_^ .

To add to it, I'm sure if George was pissed at Keith and Jansen, then he'd be twice as pissed at Eric for canceling his contract with him. I imagine George isn't the type of person to let lawyers settle his scores :o .

The one thing that has me confused though is the fact that you made the point of saying Eric's instinct told him something is off about the guys. Eric is never wrong, or so we have been told. Actually if anything, this chapter has made it out that he was totally wrong about Keith and Jansen.

I guess I'm just going to have to wait for the other shoe to drop :P .

Well, we have a week to speculate.

Steve B)

I thought the sidebar was new. Looks good and makes it easy to access all your stuff. I also really liked this chapter. The dynamic between the guys and Eric is really nice. It's good that Eric is getting some new friends outside his brothers and Brandon. It's already clear that Jansen is comfortable with Eric as a friend, especially after he helped out at the club. I think Kieth just needs to get past this whole 'employer' thing and they'd all end up as great friends.

Only thing I could think that might happen is pictures might be leaked out. and get some money out of it

Sighs hopes Keith and Jansen aren't going to betray them, but with the goat it just might happen :P

maybe they work for the scar :o

Edited by Drewbie

Loved that chapter! :D

The only way this chapter could have been improved is if there had been a pic of Eric in his skin tight leather shorts and mask. :wub: Standing on the bar, of course. B)

It's good that Eric can read a crowd and made his exit before the hook came out. I hope his ego is not too bruised. :(

He is such a cool dude...without tequila of course. :D

I didn't notice any changes in the site formating. It's all good. I did notice, though, CJ, that you had your coat trimmed...yes, those unsightly hairballs can be annoying. :P

Superb, as always, CJ. :worship::worship:

Conner

New layout looks good. What is the background on the left side? Looks like wood chips...like you might see in a goat pen. :lol:

Good chapter, Cliff. I liked the title. Where did you come up with that?

Felicia is going to be real bitchy now; I'm sure she won't like being 0-2.

No real cliffhanger in this chapter...at least no new ones that I could see. That volcano thing is the only thing standing in the way of an amphibian certification.

I like the new side-bar. The background reminds me of the slot canyons in Zion NP :)

I hope that those pics of Eric don't cause too much trouble...

Also, I'm still liking Jansen more than Keith. Although, it could just be that we've spent more time alone with Jansen, so I feel like I know him better...

Great chapter, CJ!

Great job. I loved it. I think you outta check around with some of the members and see if they would be willing to make some drawings for ya. :P I like the idea of eric on the bar. :funny:

No problems with the layout. I think its a nice touch.

I see many things that can go wrong due to George.

• Site Moderator

Eric still has one weapon in his arsenal to use, if Lawyer's don't work. I'm sure Helen could take care of the situation. Plus, if George does decide to try and come after Eric, his club could become a bikers bar.

Felecia is deliberately trying to set up the General to fail. But he's been on to her from the beginning of the war games.

It's looking good :) maybe eventually this year get a new background for your site.

Chapter is great :D

Sorority chicks are bad eh? Giggle. So George did find out, yet I think we haven't heard the last from this scum bag.

I think by this chapter Keith and Jansen like Eric as a friend.. I could be wrong they could betray him.

With Felicia isn't it a good plan to try to practice and not just make the General fail isn't it that bad for team work? or is it just friendly competition?

Thanks!

Yeah, he George found out... that's why Jansen and Keith got fired.

Thanks for the early release CJ :great: .

I was going to get mad about absolutely none of my predictions coming true, but then thought to myself that there is still another night with Eric at the club to get into a whole lot of trouble. Not to mention the pictures that were taken by whomever. It wouldn't be the first time in this story that pictures of Eric turned up in the wrong hands ^_^ .

To add to it, I'm sure if George was pissed at Keith and Jansen, then he'd be twice as pissed at Eric for canceling his contract with him. I imagine George isn't the type of person to let lawyers settle his scores :o .

The one thing that has me confused though is the fact that you made the point of saying Eric's instinct told him something is off about the guys. Eric is never wrong, or so we have been told. Actually if anything, this chapter has made it out that he was totally wrong about Keith and Jansen.

I guess I'm just going to have to wait for the other shoe to drop :P .

Well, we have a week to speculate.

Steve B)

I will point out that there is an enormous clue in the chapter. :)

BTW, what you thought were clues earlier... are clues. That much I can confirm. :)

As for Eric's Instinct... I have yet to portray him as being wrong, ever. :)

I thought the sidebar was new. Looks good and makes it easy to access all your stuff. I also really liked this chapter. The dynamic between the guys and Eric is really nice. It's good that Eric is getting some new friends outside his brothers and Brandon. It's already clear that Jansen is comfortable with Eric as a friend, especially after he helped out at the club. I think Kieth just needs to get past this whole 'employer' thing and they'd all end up as great friends.

Thanks!!

Yep, Eric has a very limited circle of freinds, so branching out is indeed good for him. :)

Loved that chapter! :D

The only way this chapter could have been improved is if there had been a pic of Eric in his skin tight leather shorts and mask. :wub: Standing on the bar, of course. B)

It's good that Eric can read a crowd and made his exit before the hook came out. I hope his ego is not too bruised. :(

He is such a cool dude...without tequila of course. :D

I didn't notice any changes in the site formating. It's all good. I did notice, though, CJ, that you had your coat trimmed...yes, those unsightly hairballs can be annoying. :P

Superb, as always, CJ. :worship::worship:

Conner

Howdy, goat-buddy! Thanks!

Yep, Eric had a lot of fun. :)

If you want to see the old site formatting (on the chapter pages) just look at any prior chapter of Changing Lanes. I haven't converted those yet. :)

New layout looks good. What is the background on the left side? Looks like wood chips...like you might see in a goat pen. :lol:

Good chapter, Cliff. I liked the title. Where did you come up with that?

Felicia is going to be real bitchy now; I'm sure she won't like being 0-2.

No real cliffhanger in this chapter...at least no new ones that I could see. That volcano thing is the only thing standing in the way of an amphibian certification.

The background on the left side is from a photo I took... It's the very, very steep side of Antelope Canyon, a slot canyon here in Arizona.

I like the new side-bar. The background reminds me of the slot canyons in Zion NP :)

I hope that those pics of Eric don't cause too much trouble...

Also, I'm still liking Jansen more than Keith. Although, it could just be that we've spent more time alone with Jansen, so I feel like I know him better...

Great chapter, CJ!

Great catch on the sidebar graphic! That's indeed a slot canyon: Antelope Canyon, up near Page.

Great job. I loved it. I think you outta check around with some of the members and see if they would be willing to make some drawings for ya. :P I like the idea of eric on the bar. :funny:

No problems with the layout. I think its a nice touch.

I see many things that can go wrong due to George.

Drawings would be great! If I tried, we'd get stick figures, lol!

Eric still has one weapon in his arsenal to use, if Lawyer's don't work. I'm sure Helen could take care of the situation. Plus, if George does decide to try and come after Eric, his club could become a bikers bar.

Felecia is deliberately trying to set up the General to fail. But he's been on to her from the beginning of the war games.

George, of course, would have no idea regarding Eric's biker friends. Two whole chapter's worth, and Mad Mike's is based in the LA area. :)

Question for everyone: Why is Felecia so intent on having the General fail? :)

The background on the left side is from a photo I took... It's the very, very steep side of Antelope Canyon, a slot canyon here in Arizona.

Great catch on the sidebar graphic! That's indeed a slot canyon: Antelope Canyon, up near Page.

Question for everyone: Why is Felecia so intent on having the General fail? :)

Great pic CJ! I'll add Antelope Canyon to the ever-growing list for my visit.

I just figured that Felecia didn't want to be shown up by the General. But, I guess there's more to it than that. Some reason to keep the General off the ground during the mission. Hmmm...

• Site Administrator

Hey CJ,

Something just came to mind. It would appear that Eric was right about his 'instinct' toward Jansen and Keith by your earlier comment. Then something else came to mind.

If you haven't read LTMP then be warned, spoilers ahead.

Back in LTMP, Eric had always read Joe Clump as being bad. In fact that turned out to be the truth. Fortunately when Joe realized his mistakes and talked with the guys and Helen and was honest and forthright about his dad, and how he was still a bit uncomfortable with Chase and homosexuals but trying to change, Eric's attitude changed. He seemed to be at least willing to give Joe another chance and let his original instinctual feelings about Joe go, but still be wary that he has the potential to screw them again. So, not 100% trust, but Eric seems big enough to give second chances.

Let's hope that whatever Keith and Jansen do, Eric is big enough to forgive them and can maintain a friendship. I too have come to like them and don't want them to go and also believe Eric needs more friends outside of Instinct.

Hey, what a great idea, I think Eric needs a close friend named Cody :P .

BTW, I wonder if Joe will be a guest at the wedding?

Oh Felicia... poor, naive, Felicia...

I think Felicia's problem is she feels threatened by someone who is superior to her being in her midst and altering her plans. She keeps on setting him up to fail so she can have her throne back and be rid of him on her team. What she fails to realize is that he has been a tactician for probably longer than she's been alive and is no stranger to her game. The US military trains commandos like she trains her men, but in much tougher situations. I think by the end of this drill one of two things will happen... she'll either realize that she is outclassed and relent on allowing the general to formulate some of the planning, or she'll snap and take some drastic measures. Judging by how she has acted thus far, I would say it's the latter. Her parents must be so proud...

I really and truly think that if this mission fails, it will be because of Felicia.

It was a fun chapter! The layout looks good.

There's nothing like a silly guy trying to dance in his whity-tities. :funny: It's too bad there's no video. I'm sure the pictures will get out and Eric will get recognized.

Thanks!!

Eric seems to have had fun. :)

Oh Felicia... poor, naive, Felicia...

I think Felicia's problem is she feels threatened by someone who is superior to her being in her midst and altering her plans. She keeps on setting him up to fail so she can have her throne back and be rid of him on her team. What she fails to realize is that he has been a tactician for probably longer than she's been alive and is no stranger to her game. The US military trains commandos like she trains her men, but in much tougher situations. I think by the end of this drill one of two things will happen... she'll either realize that she is outclassed and relent on allowing the general to formulate some of the planning, or she'll snap and take some drastic measures. Judging by how she has acted thus far, I would say it's the latter. Her parents must be so proud...

I really and truly think that if this mission fails, it will be because of Felicia.

He's a very able tactician. Given the mission in this case, he absolutely has to be.

Great pic CJ! I'll add Antelope Canyon to the ever-growing list for my visit.

I just figured that Felecia didn't want to be shown up by the General. But, I guess there's more to it than that. Some reason to keep the General off the ground during the mission. Hmmm...

Antelope Canyon is fantastic. It's about a hundred feet deep, and at the top only a couple of feet across for much of it's length. Just make darn sure you don't go in if there is any sign at all of tunderstorms or rain, anywhere in the region. (people have died in there, from thunderstorms miles away).

Hey CJ,

Something just came to mind. It would appear that Eric was right about his 'instinct' toward Jansen and Keith by your earlier comment. Then something else came to mind.

If you haven't read LTMP then be warned, spoilers ahead.

Back in LTMP, Eric had always read Joe Clump as being bad. In fact that turned out to be the truth. Fortunately when Joe realized his mistakes and talked with the guys and Helen and was honest and forthright about his dad, and how he was still a bit uncomfortable with Chase and homosexuals but trying to change, Eric's attitude changed. He seemed to be at least willing to give Joe another chance and let his original instinctual feelings about Joe go, but still be wary that he has the potential to screw them again. So, not 100% trust, but Eric seems big enough to give second chances.

Let's hope that whatever Keith and Jansen do, Eric is big enough to forgive them and can maintain a friendship. I too have come to like them and don't want them to go and also believe Eric needs more friends outside of Instinct.

Hey, what a great idea, I think Eric needs a close friend named Cody :P .

BTW, I wonder if Joe will be a guest at the wedding?

I dare not say much here (the Echidna is around, waiting to pounce at any hint of a spoiler by me) but that is some very detailed analysis. Bravo. (I'm offering no indication of whether it';s right or wrong, though). :)

Eric did indeed give Joe a second chance. His "instinct" also gave him a somewhat different read after Joe changed.

Chapter 18 is called "Errors of Omission", and 19 is called "Revelations". I think the title for 19 is quite accurate; we do learn a very great deal, on many fronts, this one included. :)

BTW, "Revelations" will be posted on Christmas Eve. :)

Eric did indeed give Joe a second chance. His "instinct" also gave him a somewhat different read after Joe changed.

Chapter 18 is called "Errors of Omission", and 19 is called "Revelations". I think the title for 19 is quite accurate; we do learn a very great deal, on many fronts, this one included. :)

BTW, "Revelations" will be posted on Christmas Eve. :)

Ah, an early Christmas gift from CJ!!

I just finished with Let the Music Play - I love the band story - I skipped all the bad guy parts. Not my cup of tea.

Just got up to date with changing lanes.

The big issue for eric is if in the next chapter, the senators daughter finds out about eric.

I do hope Keith and Jensen learn to be friends with eric.

I think they just need more time for the relationship to work.

Anybody got an idea what these characters would look like in real life?

Be curious on sample pics just for fun. :lol:

---

Hehe this is different that "For the Love" - it lack blond jokes.

---

I guess CJames could probably take this band story thing until the band retires.

That means a few more books. hehe maybe he can outdo JK Rowlings 7 Books.

---

I hope the bad guys aren't going to trigger the megga tsnami??

I hope maybe there be reconilation between the boys and the real parents

if not Hellen and the General would make great substute parents

thats provided Eric doesn't stress them both out

I am beginning to worry about Jon - I am not sure what it would be like in a family where str8 is a minority?

I hope he won't freak out?

Edited by hh5
  • Site Administrator
Ah, an early Christmas gift from CJ!!

Do you happen to remember last year's Christmas present from CJ? I'm not sure they are always 'gifts'....

• Site Administrator
Do you happen to remember last year's Christmas present from CJ? I'm not sure they are always 'gifts'....

Ah yes, the famous "Then their was two" chapter :angry: .

CJ seemed to think it was a good idea to leave us on Christmas eve wondering if there were only two Carlisle Brothers left or two Shadows left.

I'm sure he has something bigger and better planned as a present this year :blink: .

I can hardly wait :/

I just finished with Let the Music Play - I love the band story - I skipped all the bad guy parts. Not my cup of tea.

Just got up to date with changing lanes.

The big issue for eric is if in the next chapter, the senators daughter finds out about eric.

I do hope Keith and Jensen learn to be friends with eric.

I think they just need more time for the relationship to work.

Anybody got an idea what these characters would look like in real life?

Be curious on sample pics just for fun. :lol:

---

Hehe this is different that "For the Love" - it lack blond jokes.

---

I guess CJames could probably take this band story thing until the band retires.

That means a few more books. hehe maybe he can outdo JK Rowlings 7 Books.

---

I hope the bad guys aren't going to trigger the megga tsnami??

I hope maybe there be reconilation between the boys and the real parents

if not Hellen and the General would make great substute parents

thats provided Eric doesn't stress them both out

I am beginning to worry about Jon - I am not sure what it would be like in a family where str8 is a minority?

I hope he won't freak out?

Hi HH5!

Very good point on Jon: he did have issues when he thought Eric was "changing sides".

And yes, no blond jokes in Changing Lanes, yet. 0:)

Hmmmm?? Whatever do you mean, Echidna? I posted a chapter (LTMP 19) on Christmas Eve, and even had a "Merry Christmas!" and smiley faces in the announcement.

Ah yes, the famous "Then their was two" chapter :angry: .

CJ seemed to think it was a good idea to leave us on Christmas eve wondering if there were only two Carlisle Brothers left or two Shadows left.

I'm sure he has something bigger and better planned as a present this year :blink: .

I can hardly wait :/

Now, now, Wildone, it might be true that the end of chapter 19 was ever so slightly tense, but at least it didn't say which bandmember was reported dead, just that it was one of the Carlisle brothers. :)

However, fear not! I never do the same thing twice, that would be a cliche. :)

eww. you brought the Scar back. I think Jansen and Keithers are related in some way, they have to be, it seems like Keithers and Jansen aren't really intimate in anyway, they act like family. I'm guessing Jansen is gay and Keithers is straight. possibly cousins. oye, i hope the next chapter comes out before my birthday (December 18th)

Anyways, i just finished LTMP last night and then started in on this one till about 4 this morning before i finally crashed, and like the bad guy i skipped alot of the bad guy parts cause while part of the plot they weren't that interesting, and the bomb stuff was way to detailed.

I'm wondering if Eric is gonna end up with Jansens or the Generals kid. Also wondering if the Scar is gonna leak the wedding location to the paparazzi or send in a hit team to take out the band and their wedding party. Guess i'll wait and see and go try to find out other speculations on Jansen and Keithers.

Later,

Jon

P.S.

I now have to find more stories to read cause Dom seems to have disappeared again. Thanks to Benji for telling me how awesome a writer CJames is. :worship::worship::worship::worship::hug:

• Site Administrator
eww. you brought the Scar back. I think Jansen and Keithers are related in some way, they have to be, it seems like Keithers and Jansen aren't really intimate in anyway, they act like family. I'm guessing Jansen is gay and Keithers is straight. possibly cousins.

Wow, I never even thought of that possibility, and it does have a lot of merit to it.

First off the only one to mention that they were a couple was George, other than that they have been referred to as partners, now I get the feeling maybe just dance partners.

The second thing is that Jansen mentioned that Keith had pictures of the band all over his bedroom and loved their music.

So seperate bedrooms and Keith's room may have resembled Brandon's from LTMP.

The other thing that came to mind is that Jansen has twice been underdressed with Eric, once in their apartment, and once cleaning up after fixing up the club, and he seems to be okay with it. Whereas when Keith has walked in, he may be jealous of the fact that Jansen is alone with Eric.

This is looking more and more like it might be the truth.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..