Your Car: What is it?

• Site Moderator
V6 or V8?

V6

Back in '72, now that's when you could get a good truck. They knew how to built them back then, that's for dang sure." :lol:

And you could but gas for twenty-five cents a gallon too.

What is a horse float?

I think we would call it a horse trailer.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My primary car is a black 1997 S-10 Extended cab pick-up. It's a fuel efficient toddler of a truck.

My other car is a maroon 1988 Chevy K1500 ShortBox with big tires.

And the one I let other people drive is the red 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I thought I might like it, But after I got it I realized im just a hick who prefers a truck over an SUV B)

• Site Administrator
I think we would call it a horse trailer.

I believe you're correct. A horse float is a covered trailer used for transporting horses. Usually 1-3, though floats capable of carrying two horse are the most common. My wife says she doesn't trust one horse floats -- she doesn't think they are stable enough because of the narrow width. She uses her two-horse float, even when transporting only a single horse.

premier_deluxe03.jpg

I drive two vehicles regularly. I've been slowly restoring both.

The first is a 1977 VW Beetle.

post-6520-1233875859.jpg

The second (my baby) is a 1976 Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser. The picture was taken this past fall before I put the hard top back on for winter. I had to dismantle the jump seats in the back to get the top on, so they look crooked.

post-6520-1232065644.jpg

I don't have a picture of mine with the hard top on, but this is similar to what it would look like.

http://www.rockymountaincruisers.com/fj40_my77.html

Edited by jessiflash

This is a great thread!!! :great:

I think Robbie has the best post from the point of view of expressed enthusiasm over having a nice set of wheels. :2thumbs:

I used to drive this 1991 Chrysler van, that's right, a soccer mom's car. :lmao: I really liked this vehicle. (Why? Robbies asks.) Well, I'll tell you. It was #1 on the stolen car list. It was easy to break into and very useful during burglaries. I had it stolen 3 times. Each time it was stolen, the insurance company would fix it - but not only the door lock and the ignition, but other mechanical things too, things that were there before it was stolen. They's also completely cleaned the car and shampooed the seats (no, Robbie, the seats weren't leather.) It would always turn up in 3 - 5 days so I wasn't inconvenienced too much. Besides, I could always rent a vehicle and chare that to the insurance as well. Who could resist a deal like that? 0:):lmao: Now, I must say that I never intentionally left it in a high-risk area. 0:) Btw, here in BC, we have mandatory provincial car insurance - basically a government corporation running the whole show. :great:

Mark - you should start a thread on car seat activity - front or back. :2thumbs: I can just hear Robbie's answer now, "What? And possiblty stain the leather???"

Conner

Mark - you should start a thread on car seat activity - front or back. :2thumbs: I can just hear Robbie's answer now, "What? And possiblty stain the leather???"

Yea... he would say that... in fact the last time we hung out I told him not to stain the back seat with a certain someone....

Phantom :ph34r:

A 2007 metallic sand-colored Toyota Camry.

It's got enough room for road trips hauling several people and musical instruments and luggage and camping gear.

But from day to day I use public transit and save the car for local grocery shopping trips and weekend jaunts.

-Rigel

I drive a Subaru Forester 2003. It suppose to be great on gas mileage compared to other suv.

My eye is on a Saturn Vue Hybrid 2009 that if one day I get a job.

Maybe I might have to wait for the plugin model.

hehe by that time - GM\Saturn probably merge with one of the big 3.

I rented a car a couple of months ago for a business road trip and it was one of those days when you just get lucky. I was supposed to rent a Pontiac G6 or Nissan Altima, but the rental car agent liked me (surprisingly enough, I can be very charming) and upgraded me to a new G8. It was black on black, and had less than 2000 miles on it.

I've had my share of sport sedans, culminating in a 2000 BMW 540i that was a total piece of shit, so I'm not easily impressed. I was by the G8. It was powerful, smooth, and a blast to drive. The only nits were typical GM bullshit. The rearview mirror had an illuminated sign telling me that the passenger airbag was off (duh, there was no passenger) but the glow at night was distracting. Stuff like that.

Are you sure about that? I think you rented a newer Grand Prix. GM is trying to keep the resale value of the G8 up by not selling it fleets of any kind, which includes corporate fleets, public fleets, and rental fleets. It is also physically impossible for them sell this car to fleets. They only sell 1500-2000 per month because they build so few, making it a niche car.

You can easily have that same reaction from any level of 7th generation (2004-2008) Grand Prix, especially GT, GTP, Special Edition, and GXP.

I drive a Subaru Forester 2003. It suppose to be great on gas mileage compared to other suv.

My eye is on a Saturn Vue Hybrid 2009 that if one day I get a job.

Maybe I might have to wait for the plugin model.

hehe by that time - GM\Saturn probably merge with one of the big 3.

You better get working on that job then. Back when Rick Wagoner (CEO - GM) and the other CEOs of the Big Three went to Washington to beg for financial assistance, part of GMs cut-back plan was to either sell off or kill Saturn. Right now, Saturn sells fewer cars per month than Oldsmobile did when GM killed that brand in 2003.

Eric: No one asked you!

Are you sure about that? I think you rented a newer Grand Prix. GM is trying to keep the resale value of the G8 up by not selling it fleets of any kind, which includes corporate fleets, public fleets, and rental fleets. It is also physically impossible for them sell this car to fleets. They only sell 1500-2000 per month because they build so few, making it a niche car.

You can easily have that same reaction from any level of 7th generation (2004-2008) Grand Prix, especially GT, GTP, Special Edition, and GXP.

Now Robbie, I know the difference between a G8 and a Grand Prix. :D It was a G8. I rented it through Budget at one of the smaller locations (not an airport) and, as you say, the lady told me they're very rare and very much in demand. I got lucky, really lucky, and for a week I got to tool around three states in that beast. I hope you end up getting one...they're really nice. Did you see the latest Motor Trend? The did a review on the G8 GXP. I think they referred to it as a sedan version of a Corvette.

My husband and I drive a midnight-blue 2008 toyota prius. It's the second prius we've owned, after I totalled the first one :( The first one was silver, my color choice; the midnight-blue is my husband's color. I wanted red this time, but got outvoted.

Anyway, I love the prius. I like getting good gas mileage in a car that has reasonable storage and people capacity and is so comfortable to sit in for long drives.

Interesting... the rental agency had to have paid full price for it. $28k minimum for the GT if they're good at haggling.

I've driven the GT before. At the 2008 Carlisle All-GM Nationals, a local dealer had a number of new cars there for test driving, including G8 in V6 and V8 trim, as well as a fuel-cell Equinox. You had to have someone in the car with you and had to pass a breathelyzer test. BUT they let nail the accelerator on the first leg of the test-drive track. It was uphill, but when I did it in the V8 GT, it rocketed its way to the top of the hill and had no trouble stopping. I didn't wanna get out when the drive was over lol. I wanted to tear ass across the grassy fields in fairground. haha The V6 was nice too, but not nearly as powerful as the V8 powered GT.

Judging by the fact that the G8 GT is barely slower than the Dodge Charger STR-8, I would fully believe anyone who told me the GXP trim is like a four-door Corvette -- and I've driven a C5 at nearly 120 MPH.

Mine is a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan, Midnight Blue, with sunroof and multi-CD player...my OTHER car is a 2008 ITASCA Meridian 38H 37'7" long motorhome (which is 8'5.5" wide and 13'4" high at the highest point [not including CB ant.]), which tows the Grand Caravan when we travel, for a total length of 50' or so including the tow bar...

This little bugger:

car_photo_215326_7.jpg

Mine is a red Perodua Kelisa.

I've had it for nearly 9 years, I'm very attached to it :wub:

Cheap compact cars are fun to drive but I'd probably be squashed like a bug if I had an accident. But compact cars are easy to drive in Kuala Lumpur, the roads are usually congested and having a small car makes it easier to maneuver around others and the car's handling is really good.

Edited by Verm
Interesting... the rental agency had to have paid full price for it. $28k minimum for the GT if they're good at haggling.

I suspect they know how to haggle. Most rental agencies have a premium or luxury option (I'm sure you know that, just making sure you're with me). Just like the G8, I've seen a few unique cars that just happen to be on the lot. I rented a couple of cars from Enterprise in New Jersey last year that were a surprise. One was a Jaguar X Type, pretty cool. They gave me that one for free just to compensate for an incredibly bitchy shuttle bus driver. The second was Ford Escape Hybrid, which I really liked. It was so cool, the way you could cruise around a parking lot feeling like you were in a golf cart, or stop at a light or get fast food and not wait in line belching out emissions or burning up gas $. Then you hit the gas and it turned into a relatively spunky little machine.

I wanted a Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, or similar vehicle. All I could afford was a Ford Escape. It's amazing, now, how I sneer at the gas-guzzling, road-hogging, can't turn a corner without taking up two lanes, can't park in a single parking space, Escalades, Navigators, etc. :P

I wanted a Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, or similar vehicle. All I could afford was a Ford Escape. It's amazing, now, how I sneer at the gas-guzzling, road-hogging, can't turn a corner without taking up two lanes, can't park in a single parking space, Escalades, Navigators, etc. :P

Then there's the one's that can't control them...our friends in LA lost thier Jaguar to a lady in a big SUV who missed her brake pedal, bounced off the wall in front of her parking spot, went backward to the row of cars behind herself and smashed our friends' car, by backing onto the top of it while she was not in control of her vehicle. :blink:

Edited by kjames

I have:

A Pontiac G6 that's the one I drive everywhere.. its practical. :)

I have a metallic pink eclipse with pink leather interior.. it is my baby that I bring out from time to time... ahh. :wub: