Happy Birthday kjames!

Arpeggio

First, I'd like to thank ArpeGGio for starting this thread to me...he knows he didn't have to.... hug.gif

Second, I'd like to thank everyone else that's replied so far, you're all authors that I've read on here...that means a lot. smile.gif

Third, today's going to be a day just like any other--busy as evil.gif --and another Southern California Roaster to boot. EXCEPT!! I'm being taken to dinner at Orange County Mining Company! YAY! The steakhouse with a view of the whole Orange County/LA County basin...... smile.gif (there's going to be 10 of us) AND, I already got a present from Rob this morning! evil.gif

Now...if you guys and gals want to get me a present, here's what you can do: About a year and a half ago, I read a story, here--or so I thought--that I would like to find again, and I could use help. It was about a boy in High School who made a close friend of another boy (really?) during a rainstorm on the way home after school, who unbeknownst to him, had a big secret. Our boy lived with a single, working mom, his new friend with a single dad.

At one point in the story, the first boy (without the secret) went walking along a bluff road near a beach and was assaulted by some bully-boys from the HS in a car who then left, but turned around and came back. Our boy fled into the woods bordering the road fearing they were going to run him over, and was pursued by them, only to be protected, suddenly and unexpectedly, by the appearance of a large, wolf-like creature attacking the pursuers. This same creature did not attack our boy, but aided him and kept him safe, and strangely enough its fur smelled like our boy's boyfriend's hair. (Come to find out later in the story, the boyfriend and his father were both lycanthropes) One of the key phrases in the story was, "Have you ever heard of lycanthropy?"

It should be easy enough to search with, but I sure can't find it here...there isn't a way to do a $text search of a story here unless it's one chapter, open, and the find feature in the browser can be used. Another thing: The spellings in the story were following British spellings, "colour" instead of "color", and so on, so I don't beleive the author was in the USA...

If any of you also remember this story, or know where it can be found, I would be very grateful.

Edited by kjames

Happy Birthday kjames!!!! biggrin.gif Our birthdays are only days apart biggrin.gif

According to your profile, you were yesterday, I'm today!

Happy Birthday!

I had a google session for that story and came up with nothing. Perhaps its been deleted? sad.gif Sorry that's not a very good present.

So I made you a cake instead?

But I couldn't send it you on here. Total mess trying to put it in the USB port...

Edited by tomon

you look older

but yet you're younger than I'm am

Happy Birthday!!!!

Enjoy the best years yet to come

thats what I've been told - yet wondering what the saying meant.

So I'm passing it on you to make the meaning clearer.

you look older

but yet you're younger than I'm am

Happy Birthday!!!!

Enjoy the best years yet to come

thats what I've been told - yet wondering what the saying meant.

So I'm passing it on you to make the meaning clearer.

Well...if the age in your message sidebar is accurate, I'm now older than you are...unless you lied out of vanity? I only look older because my beard has the white hairs in it...it's the only place I've got white hairs! :D

Happy belated birthday, kjames!

Sorry being late, but as you see, I was quite "nonexistent" on GA until a few minutes ago.

To make up for my inexcusable tardiness, I think I might have something for you:

Is that the story you were looking for?

Hopefully, you don't mind me not wrapping it up...

Cheers,

Blackguard

Edited by Blackguard

Happy belated birthday, kjames!

Sorry being late, but as you see, I was quite "nonexistent" on GA until a few minutes ago.

To make up for my inexcusable tardiness, I think I might have something for you:

Is that the story you were looking for?

Hopefully, you don't mind me not wrapping it up...

Cheers,

Blackguard

Blackguard, you are simply wonderful! YES! This was it!

Now, what would a suitable reward be?