Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Story Edits

For those of you who clicked on the "like" button on my stories, you'll be getting some notifications in the near future that they've been edited. I'm starting with The Land Whore. Most of this will just be formatting changes, but there may be some inconsistencies I'll fix. In any event, that's what's going on.

IF YOU FIND ANY TYPOS OR ERRORS, POST THEM HERE AND I'LL FIX THEM (IF I CAN).

• Like 1

I've finished "The Land Whore" and now I'm on to Be Rad. What I'll be doing is changing the formatting, and probably not much else. I'll be coming back to this story later and editing the chapters, as it's been one of my objectives, but for now when you see changes, that's what they'll be. You shouldn't get any other notices on "The Land Whore" unless I've found an error.

In the chapter of Man in Motion where Darius enters Brad's life, Brad notes that Nick was engaged to a nice girl named Linda. He should have already been married with a son named Harry and another kid on the way by March 1985, to correspond with Harry being 16 and Barry being 14 in 1999. It's a relatively easy fix, like the one about Robbie already being on the way in CAP when he shouldn't have been concieved yet.

Edited by methodwriter85

Ace wasn't actually married in "on-book" though, was he? He was single in 1991 with A Summer Love, and by If It Fits he had gotten married to his high school sweatheart Cass, with Courtney being born in 1995. I don't think Ace's wedding ever got shown.

If I go in and re-format a story, and you clicked "like", you'll get notified that it was edited. That can be frustrating, because you'll get a lot of e-mail notification for relatively mundane changes. Once I'm done with re-formatting, then any edits will be more meaningful. What I'm going to do is keep you posted as to when I finish re-formatting a story, that way, if you're interested, you can go in and "like" it, and any more notifications you get should be worth, well, being notified about.

Three updates:

1. I re-formatted Sink the Bismarck and put some photos in it, using one of the new features in GA Stories. It' safe to "like" this one now.

2. I re-formatted If it Fits. All current edits are done, so if you want to be notified if I do any more edits, go to the story and click on "like". It' safe to "like" this one now.

3. As I mentioned before, I finished re-formatting Be Rad and also posted the re-edited chapters (1-12). It's my intention to work my way back through this story in the future. Any future edits will reflect this. If you're interested, it's a very good idea to go "like" this story.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who clicked on the "like" button on my stories, you'll be getting some notifications in the near future that they've been edited. I'm starting with The Land Whore. Most of this will just be formatting changes, but there may be some inconsistencies I'll fix. In any event, that's what's going on.

IF YOU FIND ANY TYPOS OR ERRORS, POST THEM HERE AND I'LL FIX THEM (IF I CAN).

In the original CAP story (Chronicles Of An Academic Predator) there is a mistake on the dates between Chapter 47 and Chapter 48. In Chapter 47 the date of November 12, 1963 is shown for Jeff's Birthday and the day JP and Jeff get back together. In the Chapter 48 the first date listed is November 15, 1963 and the paragragh starts "The last ten days had been a dream." with that date. That is only 3 days. Going back to your original story on your website it shows November 5, 1963 for Jeff's birthday and that part of Chapter 47. Didn't really compare to see if anything was missing from the Chapters but the dates stuck out to me since your use of dates has been important to the stories. I often find myself going back in the stories some or back a chapter just to get a time line. You might want to review those 2 Chapters.

Edited by KYE

Alright, so I pinpointed the error in chapter 9 of Man In Motion:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/Mark%20Arbour/maninmotion/9

My brother Nick was fun too. It seemed like the older we got and the more we matured, the closer we got. It was funny how people in Claremont tended to follow set paths, paths laid down by their ancestors. No wonder JP and Stefan had left, I thought with a smile. Nick was emulating his grandfather, who was a local judge, by working in the District Attorney's office. He was engaged to a nice girl, Linda, who taught at one of the elementary schools.

Pretty simple fix, whenever you feel like getting around to it. Basically just change the line so that Nick is already married with one son by June 1985, and that there's another on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I've started rereading the whole saga. Just a few mistakes CAP chapter 6 when JP receives the letter from Northwestern JP s/b Andre hugs. JP. JP could hug himself but I think it was Andre. Chapter 12 and 13 Jeff's father was called Frank s/b Fred. Jeff's brother (Robbie's father) is Frank. AS I read through the chapter if I find anything I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was intended or an error, but I know it can't be fixed now... I've just always wondered why Stef Schluter actually spells his name "Stefan," because I can't imagine for the life of me that a Frenchwoman would actually use the German spelling for her son... for political reasons at the time, and also because that spelling would lead to a different pronunciation in French. They would have spelled it "Stephane." I had wondered if his mother had intended to make it go with his father's German last name... but it just seems quite odd...;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just have this thing with eyes. In Be rad Chapter 37 Jack gives Claire a ring for her 16th birthday. A ring like Diana's which matches her eyes. I believe Claire's eyes are light green like JP's.

They could be, but they could also be blue. I do know that Jack's eyes were supposed to be hazel, which means they can look different depending on the time of day and what light he's in.

Here's some trivia for you- Jack and Claire produced a son with blue/green eyes. So we don't have to choose- they'll look different no matter what. It's possible that Claire's eyes are green but can appear blue.

Yeah.

Well, just remember that John Hobart's eyes are blue/green, so he can go both ways. Not sure what Marie looks like- Mark's never really specified anything about her looks. It'd be cool if she actually looked more like Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a simple one, Mark. At the end of chapter 18 of PMS the "n" and "." are missing for "been". However, great as usual and interesting twists and turns and emotions.

Edited by Bob1010
  • 3 months later...

OK, I know it's nit-picking and I mentioned this already in one of my reviews of Millenium I'm in the middle of reading right now. The thing is, Mark uses “I see where you’re coming from." phrase in every damn chapter. In some twice (maybe even more). I'm confident the English language is richer than that and there are other ways how to express that. Since I'm having a pretty intense "CAP-marathon" I get to notice it quite frequently and I just couldn't stand it any more. Could please somebody from Mark's team keep an eye on that? It starts to ridicule the otherwise SUPERLATIVE amount of work Mark has done so far.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..