Song of the moment

Obsessed with this song. One of Italy's most famous singers, he risked his career by coming out as gay at the height of his popularity (late 2010). Italy is notoriously homophobic, so it was expected that he'd see a substantial drop in sales and public support. But against all odds his new album is doing even better than the previous one. Posted Image

OMG Tiziano Ferro is GAY??? my friends at high school and I spent years ( 2004 / 2005) singing "non me lo so speigare" and swooning!

* happy sigh *

OMG Tiziano Ferro is GAY??? my friends at high school and I spent years ( 2004 / 2005) singing "non me lo so speigare" and swooning!

* happy sigh *

Yes! Posted Image It's actually quite sad, he spent nearly ten years alone, away from his home country, isolating himself from family and friends. Other than his work he had no life at all, and he was deeply unhappy, afraid and ashamed, to the point of wanting to kill himself. But he's doing much better now that he's come out, and he has a boyfriend (that he keeps hidden from the public, unfortunately)!

Anyway, my current song of the moment...

• 2 weeks later...