Karl aka Roan

It's my sad duty to announce the passing of Roan, who died earlier today.

As yet all I know is he passed away in hospital after a long illness, Daz, his partner was with him.

Daz's brother passed the information on to myself for posting on here.

As I receive more news I will update you all.

My thoughts, as I am sure yours will, are with Daz and the people he loved so much.

Tom

Is this the same person in this profile? https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/user/15726-roan/

If so then it's even sadder that someone so young passed away. In any event, condolences.

Seasonal_Funeral_Wreath.jpg

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep. 
I am a thousand winds that blow. 
I am the diamond glint on snow. 
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain. 
When you wake in the morning hush, 
I am the swift, uplifting rush 
Of quiet birds in circling flight. 
I am the soft starlight at night. 
Do not stand at my grave and weep. 
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

Mary Frye (1932)

Edited by Zachary McGinness
  • Like 2

I would like to send my deepest sympathies to Roan's family, loved ones and friends.  It seems as if this is the weekend for expressing sadness over the loss of a great number of young souls. 

Edited by Bill W

Wow.

I talked to Roan on the chat in october or september. I think we kind of bonded because of our interest in chemistry. I never knew he was ill, so I hoped to talk to him some more after that.

I guess it's not possible anymore. I wish I got to know him better. 

I would like to send my deepest sympathies to Roan's family, loved ones and friends.  It seems as if this is a weekend for expressing sadness of the loss of a great number of young souls. 

Indeed it is...between just learning of how bad he really had it, and being in chat the last time he was there...I'm just in such shock right now. :(

Damn

Such a beautiful young Colt, you will burn as the brightest star in the sky forever in my memory Karl.

I will never forget you, and your place at the fire will always be here.

Thoughts to Daz and Karl's family, may you find strength and peace in this terrible time of sadness.

Yettie Hugs Mate.

xxx

• Like 1
Is this the same person in this profile? https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/user/15726-roan/

If so then it's even sadder that someone so young passed away. In any event, condolences.

Seasonal_Funeral_Wreath.jpg

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am a thousand winds that blow. 

I am the diamond glint on snow. 

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain. 

When you wake in the morning hush, 

I am the swift, uplifting rush 

Of quiet birds in circling flight. 

I am the soft starlight at night. 

Do not stand at my grave and weep. 

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there, I did not die!

Mary Frye (1932)

yes that is the person Zachary

• Like 1

Is there no end to the destruction of the beauty that is youth in favour of all that is ugly? Life just seems to be a series of trials visited upon people who have either done no harm at all, or strive to do something worthwhile. Roan, Sandy Brook, JoAnn's friend's son. And all this at Christmas when people just want to be happy, be with family, and be at one with life. May Roan's God, if he had one, look after him and give him and his loved ones solace and comfort at this awful time.

• Like 5

my condolences to Roan's boyfriend, family and friends.  I will remember him fondly, the few times I've chatted with him he was always so cool and upbeat you never would have guessed he was dealing with something so terrible.  He will be missed. such a great guy

I want to send my condolences to Daz and Roan's family.. He was always kind to me when many weren't. He took the time to get to know you as a person, and for this I will be eternally grateful. May he rest in peace Karl. You were loved and will be missed very much. Until we meet again, may you soar with the angels above.

• Like 1

Karl will be one that is sorely missed, that is for sure.  He was without a doubt one of the coolest GA members that I've ran across and was never afraid to stay in your corner when the chips were down.  He personally helped me out through one of the worst times in my life, and am honored to be able to call him my friend. Even through the pain, he remained vibrant and optimistic. Rest in peace Karl. In won't be the same here without you. 

I knew Roan... he was a cool and nice guy, sending me the gifts even if I don't want to... I knew about this a few weeks ago, so... I was hoping to see his face on a webcam or something like that on Xmas Day, but I guess it won't happen... he called me "Grizz" because I joked to him that I was like a bear... grizzly when I'm mad but when I was nice, I was a teddy bear... I told him that I will do something a tribute to him, like wearing his favorite number, which was "5".

Not only that, but he is the only reason I want to visit Australia... to meet him and hang out, talk about cricket and Aussie Rules, and he kept me alive and motivated even if I was through a personal crisis sometimes, and he told me to hold my chin up and keep hoping that I will find the right guy.

So... Colt, good bye, thank you for being there, We will see you in heaven when it's our times :(

• Like 3