Tom Daley likes guys too!

I assume all hot guys are gay until proven straight.  :P

Can I just say that this kind of attitude really annoys me? This is the fucking real world, not Gay-Topia.  :rolleyes:

Well, James, Daley is technically on the bisexual team. So, go bisexuals!

Thank you! Was wondering how long it would be till the gay assumptions stopped. :P

In my universe that tends to mean bisexual, not undecided. There is a middle ground, you know...

The vibe I get from the BBC article is that he's working through it as he has his relationship now. It's like bisexuality would be a kind of "default" for him right now if one really needs to slap a label on it, though "undecided" does seem like closer to the truth.

• Like 3

The vibe I get from the BBC article is that he's working through it as he has his relationship now. It's like bisexuality would be a kind of "default" for him right now if one really needs to slap a label on it, though "undecided" does seem like closer to the truth.

If he says he likes girls too, how is that undecided? I'm sick of bisexuality being labeled the sexual orientation of the confused, greedy or undecided...

• Like 3

If he says he likes girls too, how is that undecided? I'm sick of bisexuality being labeled the sexual orientation of the confused, greedy or undecided...

I agree with Thorn, liking both men and women doesnt mean he's undecided, it means he's bisexual, which way he leans (if at all) has not been said yet. Until we know, it would be best to (if necessary) label him bisexual.
  • Like 2

Can I just say that this kind of attitude really annoys me? This is the fucking real world, not Gay-Topia.  :rolleyes:

You may certainly say it.  <_<  Yes, the real world is not Gay-Topia, as you put it. Though it doesn't negate the fact that all men are on the menu until proven straight. Once straight proves true, :/  I drop em like a hot potato and I don't give em another thought. :no:

Can I just say that this kind of attitude really annoys me? This is the fucking real world, not Gay-Topia. :rolleyes:

Wow. It was a joke. Just like I don't really expect him to take me up on my offer. Of course, maybe you thought I really believed that too? :P

I wish Tom the best of luck. For some of us it was easy. For others it is a struggle. If he is happy, then that is all that matters.

Wherever he is on the scale he's in Team Rainbow :P

Let's all just say that we're glad he has diverse interests and leave it like that :P

As long as the relationship is healthy, loving, and happy for both participants, straight/gay/bi does not matter. Labels are what researchers and marketers like to pigeon hole in demographic research based on defined traits. Unless you are making a living at marketing KY Jelly and Trojans or are a pollster, you don't need to break people up into neat little subgroups. There's a principle that few people (including myself) ever really pay attention to, there is no such thing as a "model answer" to who you are.

I am incredibly happy for him with a slight bit of jealousy towards his lucky boyfriend.

Now here's the next question, who is his boyfriend?

"Looks around the room for the elephant"

Come on guys, he never said his name and now I have many fears that another eligible famous potential gay bachelor could be taken :(

I assume all hot guys are gay until proven straight. :P

Spoken like a true ass in the air slut, love. *Gives Aj a gold star.*

And y'all can have that little twinky thing. Although, I don't know why he'd be in need of another person, divers are extremely bendy. 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I think we ALL put too much focus on worrying about what anyone else is doing in their relationships. None of us should care what Mr. Tom Daley 'identifies as', if he even worries about labels, or who he's doing. I think if we all focus on who we are doing, and how much we both/all like it, and do it more :P the world would be a happier place real quick. Or maybe I'm just a nympho who thinks athletes and celeb's fishbowl lives aren't nearly as much fun as living my own.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

was he the one complaining about Michael Phelps?

Depends on what you mean by "complaining". It was the Australian swimmer, Ian Thorpe, who made the comment that he didn't it would be possible to win the number of gold medals that Michael Phelps ended up getting. There are constant rumours about Ian Thorpe being gay, but he's denied it.

Depends on what you mean by "complaining". It was the Australian swimmer, Ian Thorpe, who made the comment that he didn't it would be possible to win the number of gold medals that Michael Phelps ended up getting. There are constant rumours about Ian Thorpe being gay, but he's denied it.

nope this was a guy who said something about phelps not trying, and if he had as much talet...

Now here's the next question, who is his boyfriend?

"Looks around the room for the elephant"

Come on guys, he never said his name and now I have many fears that another eligible famous potential gay bachelor could be taken :(

There already are pictures around the internet - basically any guy on a photo with Tom Daley is now presented as his bf. So unless they are outed together or they say they are together we will not know for sure. This is the part I really feel sorry for the guy. With how the English press is, he will be hunted down like some injured game. 

There already are pictures around the internet - basically any guy on a photo with Tom Daley is now presented as his bf. So unless they are outed together or they say they are together we will not know for sure. This is the part I really feel sorry for the guy. With how the English press is, he will be hunted down like some injured game. 

Surely Tom had his boyfriend's agreement that he come out.  They have to understand the likely consequences.  The press may make some erroneous reports, but they will eventually get it right.

I think it's terribly important that we all rush to plant a label on this guy. Personally, the label below is the one that i like best (emphasis in red is mine)

Personally, I don't care what label you want to apply, he appears to be happy and that is what I consider to be the most important thing.

• Like 2

A Brit.

An incredibly nervous guy who is grappling with a decision, grappling with some negative reactions from his family and knowing that millions of people are about to watch and in some way judge him for who he is. I think even an American would struggle to be articulate in those circumstances...

• Like 3