Tom Daley likes guys too!

I think even an American would struggle to be articulate in those circumstances...

I quite agree that an American would struggle.  I am quite sure an American would say "like" rather than "fancy".  I don't consider Tom Daley inarticulate...merely British.

How many participants in this forum fancy Tom Daley?  :P

Edited by MikeL
  • Site Administrator

I'll admit that I looked up pictures of him around the time of the last Summer Olympics. But then, I've done the same with most of the American mens gymnastic team, too. I've been of the opinion for several years now that the USA picks their male gymnasts based on appearance, as well as skill... :*)

• Like 1

I quite agree that an American would struggle.  I am quite sure an American would say "like" rather than "fancy".  I don't consider Tom Daley inarticulate...merely British.

How many participants in this forum fancy Tom Daley?  :P

I know, I was just joking about the phonetic differences. Now the real question is, is he a pitcher or a catcher? Or whatever the equivalent British English term is. :P

How many participants in this forum fancy Tom Daley? :P

I would, but I dont know him, and for me, personality comes first above all, and attractiveness only comes second *shrug* I cant understand being attracted to someone I dont know, for all I know he could be a jerk, or he could be a loverboy, until then ... *shrug* Edited by GrimIsaac
  • Like 1

Surely Tom had his boyfriend's agreement that he come out.  They have to understand the likely consequences.  The press may make some erroneous reports, but they will eventually get it right.

I just think the press should stay out of people's relationships... The fact that people have to go to such great lengths to keep their private lives private just because they happen to be famous is very, very sad. By all means, have a go at celebrities for the stupid shit they say in public, but don't hurt the civilians. I feel really sorry for the non-famous significant others of famous people. I know if I was famous for something I would do everything I could to keep Magpie out of the spotlight. Poor guy doesn't even like taking the bus, let alone being recognised by strangers.

I would, but I dont know him, and for me, personality comes first above all, and attractiveness only comes second *shrug* I cant understand being attracted to someone I dont know, for all I know he could be a jerk, or he could be a loverboy, until then ... *shrug*

Never had a celebrity crush? :P

It's like, I know that the celebrities I go gaga over are awesome people. I mean, I've watched interviews with Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston, and not only are they hotties, but they're also two of the nicest people on the planet. Not saying they necessarily show how they are on a super deep level in interviews, but you can still tell that they have these quirky, goofy personalities that are totally adorable.

Oh Wow! I liked J. Edgar and Milk

Age difference does not really matter, 19 or 39 as long as they love each other, it is all that is needed.

THe Mirror said

Close pal gay former S Club Juniors idol Aaron Renfree is believed to have helped the Olympic athlete make his brave decision

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tom-daley-sexuality-revealed-pop-2877758#ixzz2mSt5p4c2 

What I googled, Aaron was only mental support, not necessarily boyfriend.

yeah he's older, a bit taller but maybe lighter than Daley

I wonder how they are handling the long distance since Black is from USA

final-1fullcolorcrop.jpg

Oh Wow! I liked J. Edgar and Milk

Age difference does not really matter, 19 or 39 as long as they love each other, it is all that is needed.

Edited by hh5

The mother n grandparents are okies

'We're a little confused as he's always had girlfriends': Grandparents of Olympic diver Tom Daley admit surprise at his relationship with a man but vow to support him 
The 19-year-old diver revealed the news in a video on his YouTube page
Tom admitted he has been dating the man since Spring
Diver said he's 'never been happier' but insisted he 'still fancies girls'
The Olympic diver added that while his mother has been supportive, some of his other family members have 'mixed opinions'
Kylie Minogue, Russell Brand and David Walliams led the celebrities tweeting their support for Tom

He's also seeing Aaron Renfree according to The Sun.

How fun is this to see Mike get all gossip-girl on us over this? :D

Mike, you must come over immediately for some wine and chocolate so we can gabble all night about all of our celebrity crushes and who we think are the fugliest whores on TV!!!!

• Like 2

I would, but I dont know him, and for me, personality comes first above all *shrug*

LOL

oh yeah it's his personality I love to see glisten under the light as he steps out of the pool...I could watch him shampoo his morals and towel off that sense of humor all day and night.

• Like 2

Actually- his personality has done nothing but help him. Daley has been soft spoken, humble and respectful in his public persona.

He has never had "tabloid fodder moments" like so many other young celebs and athletes (Biebs immediately comes to mind).

It's a huge contrast to the swaggering thugsters that we're used to seeing out of young athletes.

Daley even polls well with the elderly. Not because he's hot per see but because he is perceived to be NICE.

Of course... HOT never hurt anybody either.  :lmao:

• Like 2

How fun is this to see Mike get all gossip-girl on us over this? :D

I'm not a gossip.  I just offered readers a link to a news article in a British tabloid, realizing full well that tabloids are gossipy.

Mike, you must come over immediately for some wine and chocolate so we can gabble all night about all of our celebrity crushes and who we think are the fugliest whores on TV!!!!

Sorry, Yang.  I must decline your gracious invitation.  I don't drink wine.  I have to limit my consumption of chocolate.  And I would bore you with what little I know about celebrities.  You would be better entertained watching TV.

Interesting boyfriend choice ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Lance_Black

Interesting age difference too. Tom Daley was famously close to his Dad who gave him devoted practical and emotional support throughout Tom's life and who sadly died before the 2012 Olympics. His death must have left a huge Dad-sized gap in his life so perhaps it's no surprise that he would be attracted to a guy old enough to be his Dad. As he said "I just feel safe. And it just really does feel right."

*is shocked and disturbed that has been clicking on all the tabloid links for latest gossip... :o:funny: :funny:*

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Or maybe the guy is just old for his age and associates better with a stable man who is in a different place in his life than 20 somethings who aren't always the most level-headed. Sorry, but you guys know it's true. Or maybe he does have a daddy kink. *shrugs* I will admit... until this topic came up, I didn't even know who Daley was, lol. I really do think people focus way too hard on the personal lives of celebs and athletes.

Ah well, at least we know he probably won't come across this topic.