Tom Daley likes guys too!

Nit picking on guy being singular or guys from the title being plural and making conclusions solely on that is just ridiculous. In mathematics, or mathematical logic, you only need 1 example disproving the statement to make it a negation. I might be treading now thin ice since I have not studied the maths in English but what I mean is "Tom Daley is straight."

Speaking of singular and plural...you're aware that in the US, we call it "math" and not "maths," right? :lol:  Not calling you out. Just saying. Actually the British term is probably righter, if you think about it. After all, we don't call it "mathematic."

Speaking of singular and plural...you're aware that in the US, we call it "math" and not "maths," right? :lol:  Not calling you out. Just saying. Actually the British term is probably righter, if you think about it. After all, we don't call it "mathematic."

Well, Since he lives in Britain (with me!! :D:D:D:D ) It's not surprising that he'd use the proper term.... "maths" :P

I love how you can correct (or play correct, since I guess this ain't serious...) while using the word "righter" in a sentence.... LOL :P  Not calling you out either, but just pointing at one of the things that makes me chuckle at 9am on a Sunday ... 

I love how you can correct (or play correct, since I guess this ain't serious...) while using the word "righter" in a sentence.... LOL :P  Not calling you out either, but just pointing at one of the things that makes me chuckle at 9am on a Sunday ... 

That's because in general I'm not a grammar Nazi and care little about such things in casual conversations, lol, and I wasn't so much correcting him as highlighting differences in usage just for the fun of it, given that we'd been talking singluars and plurals. I have a good friend from Australia who calls it "maths" as well, and as a guy who loves words, I've always been intrigued by that one. :*)

Damn, he's soooo cute !

Sounds like he's always had feelings for guys, but he also liked girls, too.

Damn, whoever his boyfriend is, he hit the jackpot :heart:

Hmm. I gotta say, I never expected to have my s**t transformed into short-term memes and postered and real-or-fake Tweeted, but as long as it's all out there like that, I'll say some things. None of this is necessarily a direct response to anything said here about either Tom D or Crosscurrents. It's more a set of general thoughts and feelings about having my name taken in vain in the context of a discussion about a public figure lol.

Well they do say you know you made it when your work has been parodied

To me, CC is representational of an idea more than a fictional/non-fictional account of what has happened or what has not. This is the only thing I am going to take from it, the rest is a bit too complicated, frustrating and maybe even non-sensical to think about. I think we are bound in life to only understand what we have experienced ourselves and the rest is all based on faith. It isn't fair or correct to believe one's own personal experiences define the parameters of what is and what is not possible for any single other person. There are too many variables for 2 people to be the same circumstances. In other words, what's happened to me doesn't mean it will ever happen to you, and what hasn't happened to me, doesn't mean it won't happen to you. We can only account for our own lives. With that being said, sometimes I think we ought to be careful what we expose ourselves to, how we feel about it, and ultimate what we should do with ourselves going forward. 

~sigh~

Hopefully we can put this discussion to rest now. I'll finish off by putting my two cents worth. I'm the flip side of what Adam has talked about with respect to sexuality. I consider myself to be gay. I'm not attracted to women, it's guys that I look at for eye-candy and for fantasies. Pictures of nude women turn me off. Pictures of nude or even semi-nude men, however.... Despite that I am in a happy monogamous heterosexual relationship.

I do not consider myself to be bi-sexual, because I'm not attracted to females. I'm just in love with one, that's all.

You know, Graeme, I'll never understand this. And I'll never understand what it's like to live in Tom Daley's skin or in his head. There are lots of things I'll never understand. I'm OK with that.

What I do understand is that you're both apparently great guys, and you both appear to be happy with your lives. That's what's important.

I figured out a long time ago there 50/50 chance he's gay .. he just has girls as friends more than guys

its like dieting before diving into that bowel of chocolate after tasting vanilla for 10 year

if you google his pics it doesn't show he hangs out w guys as much

at least he didn't fall in love w guy(s) in the shower ... his trucks would have made a massive annoyance 

has anyone noticed that sometimes one of the couple is sometimes really pretty or famous
its like a really pretty girl could find a really handsome guy ... then the guy shows up ... n you say what?

can we say that both tom n bf ... are equally famous?
Is Your Child Gay?

If your son likes sissy stuff or your daughter shuns feminine frocks, he or she is more likely to buck the heterosexual norm. But predicting sexual preference is still an inexact science

Cross-cultural data show that prehomosexual boys are more attracted to solitary sports such as swimming, cycling and tennis than they are to rougher contact sports such as football and soccer; they are also less likely to be childhood bullies. In any event, I distinctly recall being with the girls on the monkey bars during recess in second grade while the boys were in the field playing football and looking over at them, thinking to myself how that was rather strange. I wondered why anyone would want to act that way.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=is-your-child-gay

Damn, he's soooo cute !

Sounds like he's always had feelings for guys, but he also liked girls, too.

Damn, whoever his boyfriend is, he hit the jackpot :heart:

Edited by hh5
Is Your Child Gay?

If your son likes sissy stuff or your daughter shuns feminine frocks, he or she is more likely to buck the heterosexual norm. But predicting sexual preference is still an inexact science

Cross-cultural data show that prehomosexual boys are more attracted to solitary sports such as swimming, cycling and tennis than they are to rougher contact sports such as football and soccer; they are also less likely to be childhood bullies. In any event, I distinctly recall being with the girls on the monkey bars during recess in second grade while the boys were in the field playing football and looking over at them, thinking to myself how that was rather strange. I wondered why anyone would want to act that way.

http://www.scientifi...-your-child-gay

You should be aware that this study was done by J Michael Bailey, former chair of the psychology department at Northwestern University who was ultimately forced to give up his post because of ethical problems associated with the making of his book about transsexuals, The Man Who Would Be Queen: The Science of Gender Bending and Transsexualism. In this book, Bailey espouses that postoperative transsexual women are either (i) effeminate gay men who underwent "sex changes" in order to have sex with lots of men, or else they are (ii) sexual paraphilic males who "changed sex" for bizarre autosexual reasons.  The book especially defames trans women who are attracted to men, calling them "homosexual transsexuals" as if they were men themselves. There were numerous complaints from interview subjects in the book, complaining of deceptive practices used by Bailey in the interviews. The science of the book has also been called into serious question.

Bailey also did a study on bisexuality in which he concluded that there are no "real" bisexuals. There are gay people and straight people, and gay people who claim to be bisexual but whose sexual responses are either strictly heterosexual or strictly homosexual. This study and its methodology have also been widely disputed.

Bailey is also convinced that homosexuality is primarily genetic, and he has proposed that once a test has been developed that will allow you to determine if your unborn child is gay, couples who don't want a gay child should have the option to abort the gay fetus. He has been associated with advocates for eugenics and has associated himself with professionals who have clear ideological axes to grind.

His theses tend to run along consistently social-conservative, gay-unfriendly lines. He claims that he's fine with gay people; it's his research, he claims, that demonstrates problems with homosexuality. He is a strong believer that gay men are effeminate, that bisexuals are deceiving themselves, and that transsexuals have serious gender dysphoria that are really ultimately about their homosexuality which drive them to the drastic solution of gender reassignment surgery in a desperate attempt to cure their neuroses.

He is regarded in the field as well-credentialed, but his studies are often assessed as seriously flawed and ideologically compromised.

It doesn't surprise me that he'd put another study out there that concluded that gay men had stereotypical gay childhoods as regards the type of sports gay kids participate in.

He may be an intelligent man, but he seems to have a passion for "finding" in his research that gay people conform to the most common stereotypes the culture has of them. And while there are a number of peers who respect his work, there appear to be an equal number who have serious questions about the legitimacy of his research.

Interesting .... but perhaps segments of the study maybe relevant ... while northwestern discredits any association w the complete study

I'd rather look at behaviors and tendencies ... in terms of who they are, what they will become, and where are they headed

my indirect experience w a tyranny is

1 ... inside their mind they believe they are of the other gender ... so bio or god made the mistake of their physical gender selection

2 ... then there association w those that are undergoing various stages in as a support group n how to obtain their goals or not

3 ... this particular one has a mate that is also a tranny in a different stage ... 

so  what is it?

a ... two MTF having a lesbian relationship

b ... two men having a gay relationship with in female transformed bodies

4 ... perhaps we should not be questioning the journey or the destination they taken but be concern

a ... are they happy?

b ... have we help them become productive n self accepting of who they are ("Do no harm")

c ... have we exploited them for monetary gains

from a plastic surgeon (tv) pov their take on it

1 ... they go where the doctors of the mind could not cure but at $$$ price

2 ... one could ask in which way would "do no harm" would be best served

3 ... some private surgeons are motivated its the question if they hold their patience best interest in mind

from another tv series

1 ... its about getting to know the patient ... not taking away their abilities in life ... but returning or enhancing their QOL

the big thing is science is never exact ... there is always the element of getting things wrong or right

its kinda like CSI ... the crime scene trying to be reversed engineered without all the scientific data available or witnesses

the human part of this science industry ... some will be against a new point of view ... some may have a defect in their science etc etc

the moral is that in time the science will be proven or not and fame for the discovery delayed or immediate

science should describe the who, what, when, where, why ... we have to question how many out there are truly men of science 

the arena of science has become scientifically politicalize, scientifically economically motivated, or religiously science motivated ... than science of doctors

the study would be invalid if its more of the above than helping the people to understand what has happen

its the test of time long after a study or theory has been done if its to be accepted as fact or finally rejected

another experience 

a mother who is a simple school teacher has had eight children ,,, makes an observation of her child's first crawl

my son is gay or will be gay

its unclear in the share if the mother influence how she raises her son or otherwise supports as one day it could become fact or not

its a good question did the family mistreated the gay son ...

the answer its still being determined but its left to denial to serve the means of the family

for Tom, there are those who accept him as straight,gay, or BI or could not care less

some of us somehow could predict his sexuality vs some of us want him straight, gay, or BI or again could not care less

its tom who'd have to be true to his own discovery of where his happiness lies

those that know him as a person than the star will witness the person he has chosen to become in the world

we will hope the world is accepting ... as well as in the olympics

some believe he's a role model for the many in similar situations and some don't think so

I guess he in the process of gaining his place in gay history compared the greg louganis under different circumstances

hopefully we will all see Tom is making how own personal journey in life as well as finding his way in life

as for a role model ... we'd have to wait and see if he participates as such or not than to say he is a role model

lol, I'm glad he'd will not be tested in Russia Winter Olympics for they took a stance of being anti-gay

I'd question what the Olympic Committee can do about anti-gay countries

I'm unclear how brazil will treat tom as well as other gay divers

hopefully all countries will take to the spirit of the games rather than their own politics

the olympic games to tom is really about if he chooses it to be his career for the long term or short

its hard on him as well as making his way in his personal life

his new mate will help him decide and this is a good thing than to be alone to make the mistakes in life

as a couple they make life together and it will help tom discover his sexuality because still its not clearly defined

gosh a lot of people will debate BI or gay ... conspiracy just keeps them employed in the media industry

I'd guess we have to see if they become the problem in his life as a public figure

off topic ... I met two gay ppl on the internet ... they both don't know tom nor cared

they learned more now and are enlightened or not ... at least they know now gay history progressed

Edited by hh5

another peace of news as a diver role model or seeing himself in the boy or not

the question is how far will tom be his mentor?

The boy of six following in Tom Daley's flight path: Oscar can already leap off a 10m board but was banned from Splash! over health and safety fears
Oscar Piper told at last minute he was too young to perform on live show
ITV blame 50-year-old broadcasting law for cancellation of his appearance

He stands just 3ft 5in tall but in the highly competitive sport of diving, Oscar Piper is already making a giant splash.
Like his idol and mentor Tom Daley, the six-year-old schoolboy has his eyes fixed firmly on winning Olympic gold one day.
But right now he's a champion at winning hearts.
The pint-size diving discovery has become an internet sensation after Daley unveiled him as his new protégé.
The 18-year-old Olympic medallist posted footage of Oscar making a courageous jump from the 10 metre board after the youngster was 'devastated' to learn he wasn't old enough to appear on 'Splash!', Daley's prime time TV show.
Producers pulled the plug on Oscar's planned performance at the last minute - because of rules governing children performing live on TV.

Edited by hh5