What is your favorite story on GA, and who is your favorite Author.

There are a lot of unsung heroes here on GA, with nearly 1000 authors, there is bound to be something for everyone.

GA has certain distinctions for authors who are both prolific and put out a great story.  I've been doing my own exploration and was pleasantly reminded of an author I'd not seen in many years, albeit on another site...

BillW has so many great stories and I've had the pleasure of reviewing many of them over the past weeks. A couple recommendations are "A Place In My Heart", "Brotherly Lovers", and of course, "The Castaway Hotel", these are just a few of his wonderful works. I truly recommend you check them out, and don't forget to leave a review to let Bill know how much we appreciate his work!

Enjoy!

True

I'll add my two cents, this will be hard but here are at the top of my head:

Favorite story overall- Hidden Sunlight, absolutely loved it!

Current Favorite story- BlackArrow's Import US Invasion

Favorite author- Sacredlove, my goodness his story is just beautiful!

Honorable mentions (recommend)-

1. Inthemindofsunshine, her Paradox Series is the story that got me hooked to this site.

2. C James- Changing Lanes, Let the Music Play, and Circumnavigation have a place in my heart.

3. Lilansui- Electric Blue and Catnip, a very captivating story.

*I just realized, this is my first official post!

Edited by areaderatheart3
  • Like 4

I love Vlista's Shane but the first half is a really tough read as it deals a lot with abuse.

Probably my favourite shorter story is Viv's Days of Silence.  The story contains the bare minimum of dialogue, but it is probably the best anthology story I've read here on GA.

The stories I read and re-read though are BillW's The Castaway Hotel and Comsie's GFD.

You should also check out the story that brought me to GA - GhostRyder's Kombat Kids - it's heavy on the sex scenes, but the story is well worth the read.

Oh, I love love this author! My favorite from her is Unbreakable Faith, like all her work it is initially violent, but I absolutely enjoyed it.

Oh, I love love this author! My favorite from her is Unbreakable Faith, like all her work it is initially violent, but I absolutely enjoyed it.

You're right. He's great. I wish Vance would pop up and start writing again.

You're right. He's great. I wish Vance would pop up and start writing again.

Woops, I never looked at the profile, just took the name at face value with the whole "feminine" ending "-a" for names. I apologize to Vlista.

Just about anything by the absent Dom Luka. My favorite is his first, The Long Way, and the sequel In the Fishbowl is also great reading.

Dom writes very naturally, and while his prose doesn't stun you (sometimes stunning prose is a pleasure apart from the story being told), it's solid and doesn't get in the way of his storytelling.

The main thing I like about Dom's writing is that his characters are varied, interesting--fascinating, even, at times--and completely believable. The other thing that's noteworthy about him is that he understands (instinctively, I suspect) how to structure a story. There is always a good opening; always an incident that gets the story moving; always a heightening of tension; a climax; a resolution; a tapering-off. Maybe those are antiquated concerns, but they're time-honored elements in Western storytelling, and Dom works them like a master.

I'm not saying he's perfect--the conclusion of Desert Dropping seems a little fast and abrupt to me, for example--but even when he falls short of perfection, he never fails to entertain. And, as I said, his characters are memorable. They stay with you. You wonder how things went for them after that last page has been turned.

In a perfect world, all new readers at Gay Authors would stop by Dom Luka's page and read a couple of his stories before they read anything else. They're that good.

He's been AWOL for almost 5 years now. I wish he'd come back and at least finish the ones he left hanging. But then, people say that about me as well, and I'm still here.

Edited by Adam Phillips
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

I also highly recommend the "In the Company of Shadow" series co-written by Santino and Ais. They only have book 1 "Evenfall" posted here on GA (I personally prefer the original to the Director's cut of Evenfall) but if you go to Santino's profile page it has links to all the books for free download.

It was the first series I read in the M/M genre. All four books are long in length but they suck you in. The story is very well written with intriguing and funny characters that you can't help but care about. I have a mad crush on Agent Hsin Liu Vega:)

• Like 2

I also highly recommend the "In the Company of Shadow" series co-written by Santino and Ais. They only have book 1 "Evenfall" posted here on GA (I personally prefer the original to the Director's cut of Evenfall) but if you go to Santino's profile page it has links to all the books for free download.

It was the first series I read in the M/M genre. All four books are long in length but they suck you in. The story is very well written with intriguing and funny characters that you can't help but care about. I have a mad crush on Agent Hsin Liu Vega:)

Is the Director's Cut significantly different from the original?

In a recent perusal of GA, I came across this story: Untitled Love Story. While it remains incomplete, it is a truly great story. I cried, I laughed, and cried some more. It is one of my all-time favorites.

It should be noted that the story is farther ahead in the Nifty Archives, so here is a link for the story at GA and Nifty.

I found those books outstanding in every way! I highly recommend them as well.

• Like 1

I can't pick just one favorite...I'm a huge fan of Sasha Distan, Mann Ramblings, Cjames, The Eggman, Carlos Hazday, Andrew Todd and many others. The stories I keep going back to read again are : Let the Music Play, The Long Way, So Little Magic Left, and the Riding Lessons stories, in no particular order.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 11 months later...

A year ago, I made my first post. Now, some 4,000 posts later, I have come by more amazing stories that I think it's time for an update. :D

I have many more favorite authors and stories, but if I had listed them all, this would've been one long post. :lol: So, I decided to list five of my favorite authors, and ten of my favorite stories.

Favorite GA Authors:

• Craftingmom
  • Cynus
  • Headstall
  • Mark Arbour
  • Timothy M.
Favorite GA Stories:

• 18 Weeks of Twoey by Skinnydragon
  • A Rescued Life by Lilansui
  • A to Z by Parker Owens
  • Born Wolf by Sasha Distan
  • Crave by LitLover
  • Efrain and Cory by Dayne Mora
  • Little Man by Mann Ramblings
  • Not Made For Each Other by Sacredlove
  • Pour Me Another by KC
  • Thaw by Puppilull
For the Authors list, I've read most or all their stories and enjoyed each of them, so that's why I didn't put them in the Stories list; it seemed redundant. :)

You listed Thaw! That makes me so happy! Thank you! *hug*

• Like 2

Being fairly new I'm still spending a lot of time exploring - finding stories, lots of stories and not a huge amount of time to read them.

Of those I have read, A-Z by Parker Owens and Team building by EB Wilson are top of my list. Clueless camping by Timothy M, the Meta series by JohnAR, and My last day without you by QuinnDK look to be heading towards the top of my list as well.

• Like 2

Wow, this is impossible for me to answer in any intelligent manner. 

I've only been on GA for two years (this month!) but find great pleasure in digging through stories over ten years old from authors others mention. I'm just a newly hatched dragon, reading my way along and having mountains of fun.  :gikkle:

btw - thanks for mentioning Twoey, Drew. I don't really belong in a list with real authors yet.  :blushing:

Maybe someday, I hope.

• Like 1

You listed Thaw! That makes me so happy! Thank you! *hug*

I should be the one saying thank you :hug: You took the plunge to become an author and you are now sharing your poetry and stories for all of us to enjoy, so Thanks from the bottom of my heart. :)

And thank you for putting me on your favorite author list, Drew. :*)  :hug:

Of course I would :hug: I consider your stories some of the best I've read, online or otherwise. :D

btw - thanks for mentioning Twoey, Drew. I don't really belong in a list with real authors yet.  :blushing:

Maybe someday, I hope.

Skinny, what on earth are you talkin' about? You are a real author, and I'm sure the rest of your fans will agree :yes:

• Like 1