Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

I just replied to a reader from Germany who likes the series but dislikes CJ's attitude towards guns and wearing helmets while riding. In our interconnected world, it's fascinating to see how different people react to such things. I've tried to convey some of what I'm aware of using Owen and his 'Australian' attitudes but I'm still surprised about how strongly some of those beliefs are.

I'm running out of controversial subjects to tackle. Sex, drugs, infidelity, guns, and helmets have probably cost me some readers but at least I know CJ's not one dimensional. Need to work harder at coming up with something to create a little more controversy. LOL

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I'm running out of controversial subjects to tackle. Sex, drugs, infidelity, guns, and helmets have probably cost me some readers but at least I know CJ's not one dimensional. Need to work harder at coming up with something to create a little more controversy. LOL

There’s an “app” for that... ;)

https://www.procon.org/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

There’s an “app” for that... ;)

https://www.procon.org/

Why didn't I know about that site before now? I could have had a lot of fun reading through the pros and cons and maybe picked up something or other.

Did you read through the list of topics? I've touched upon most of those issues!!!!

Hmmm, school uniforms? Daylight Saving Time? Milk?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator

No, I just quickly glanced at it while I was copying it. 

If you’d said something earlier, I would have pondered your question for a moment before asking Mr. Google about controversial topics. Talkative fellow that Mr. Google what with all he had to say on the subject....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

No, I just quickly glanced at it while I was copying it. 

If you’d said something earlier, I would have pondered your question for a moment before asking Mr. Google about controversial topics. Talkative fellow that Mr. Google what with all he had to say on the subject....

There's one big one left I haven't written much about but it's already part of the outline for one of the final chapters. Considering I'm trying to wrap up loose ends, not sure how much I need to look for new material LOL

• Like 2

Hmmm. Controversial subjects over which I have nearly seen fisticuffs erupt...

Apple vs PC?

Ford vs Chevy?

Underinflated footballs vs What does it matter?

Proctoring a lunchroom lets me overhear all kinds of controversies. ;) 

• Haha 5

@Parker Owens

You mean a school lunchroom has the same arguments as a bunch of bikers at a rally?

I gave Cesar a Caddy, Brett an F-350, and CJ a Jeep. Got the 3 major Amercan manufacturers covered. 

Galaxy phone and iPad but I never specified laptop brand. Let's make it a Windows.

The third one shows promise. Trashing the New England Patriots is always fun! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

The third one shows promise. Trashing the New England Patriots is always fun! :P

Being a New Englander, the Patriot’s are my nephew’s favourite NFL team, so guess who I root for... -_-

• Haha 1
  • Angry 2
1 hour ago, Parker Owens said:

Hmmm. Controversial subjects over which I have nearly seen fisticuffs erupt...

Apple vs PC?

Ford vs Chevy?

Underinflated footballs vs What does it matter?

Proctoring a lunchroom lets me overhear all kinds of controversies. ;) 

First let me say I am tired and my head hurts. I read the first item and thought ... what do apples have to do with political correctness?

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, dughlas said:

First let me say I am tired and my head hurts. I read the first item and thought ... what do apples have to do with political correctness?

Sorry to hear your head hurts Dugh, but where your mind went after reading that is priceless. 

Gentle hugs and good wishes, my friend, 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I just replied to a reader from Germany who likes the series but dislikes CJ's attitude towards guns and wearing helmets while riding. In our interconnected world, it's fascinating to see how different people react to such things. I've tried to convey some of what I'm aware of using Owen and his 'Australian' attitudes but I'm still surprised about how strongly some of those beliefs are.

Life would be boring if it was all rainbows and unicorns. As humans, we learn from adversity and controversy. Plus, the rebels are the sexy and interesting ones.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Ritchie was delighted last time the HEAT beat the Raptors. I think CJ's more of a Wizards fan these days.

Okay, we've covered 3 of the Big Four... Hockey anyone?

Devils to the end! Jersey baby!! Although I’m enjoying my Golden Knights in Vegas. Awesome 1st season.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Being a New Englander, the Patriot’s are my nephew’s favourite NFL team, so guess who I root for... -_-

🤯 No wine for you...nope. 

1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Ritchie was delighted last time the HEAT beat the Raptors. I think CJ's more of a Wizards fan these days.

Okay, we've covered 3 of the Big Four... Hockey anyone?

Ummm.. Islanders? They could catch a game at Barclays. Seeing that they’re always in NY 🤷‍♀️🙊  Shush, @BlindAmbition

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Yesterday I told Kitt I was experiencing the usual pre-new book jitters. In the upcoming book, CJ attempts to wean himself off politics. Like most junkies, he has trouble letting go. We'll find out how he does in 4 days.

Will CJ spiral into depression after election night? Will he try to introduce the president to Lola? And how often will Owen roll his eyes when his boyfriend's name gets shouted out in public?

Stay tuned...

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

You know we’re here chomping at the bit..  

I predict Owen will need some form of eye correction due to the eye rolling affliction. 

Either that or lots of wine. Poor guy will be carrying around a brown paper bag by the time the book's over.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1