Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

Y'all should go back and read the quote atop the first chapter of this book. I'm not making any promises.

See? I give spoilers away all the time :)

The quote:

Grieve not that I die young. Is it not well To pass away ere life hath lost its brightness?

Lady Flora Hastings

Not helping, not helping. I am flummoxed.... 

Edit: As long as it's not Cap, we're good Carlos. 

Edit Edit: Oh, right, now it's coming back to me. ;)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

blindside us with the proposal. 

Honestly??? Granted I have an inside track here, but I saw the proposal shaping up two books ago!

1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Defiance19 still have to get through a few deaths so who knows what will happen. :whistle:

Hush! If I am not allowed to give things away, neither are you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

LMAO

Please step away from the edge of the cliff. We''ll have your medication ready within 48 hours.

I just read something about an author pulling a rabbit out of a hat to achieve a goal and felt good I rarely do that. As a matter of fact, I tend to foreshadow a bit too much.

With the proposal, I tried to be a tad more circumspect. Aside from the two you mention, I need to look at my outline when I'm back on my computer to figure out what, where, and when. One thing I do recall is trying to show CJ being more attentive of Ozzie and always trying to include him. In the previous book, he made a big deal about introducing his bfs during the reception in South Beach and acting a little possessive. Considering how often he said "he's not my boyfriend" and then "we're not married"... In the chapter before the proposal, he told Spencer he might never marry Ozzie and then jumped all over the parents when he thought they were going to snatch him away. He didn't care what the parents wanted, he thought they were not being fair to his not-my-husband and leaped to his defense. One of my goals with that scene was to show how loyal and invested CJ was. Maybe it didn't quite succeed.

Yes you did, it was one of the parts that really got my attention because he was clearly willing to fight so Ozzie could stay with him.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, tabaqui said:

Yes you did, it was one of the parts that really got my attention because he was clearly willing to fight so Ozzie could stay with him.

CJ was too young to contemplate forever when he and Ozzie first met, no matter how mature he was. He needed to grow into forever. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

I’m totally ignoring this. 

your not going te be the only one on this i think. First guess grandparents because of age but that's to predictable for @Carlos Hazday although i'm glad he doesn't appears to have the balls like @Aceinthehole's stories to kill his main characters :D.

So glad i'm most of the times so bad at finding hints in stories.

Btw A wedding takes time to plan if you want to do it properly to my guess between one and 2 years at least.

• Like 4

Harley, Sean, and Brett all have defenders Hmmm who to kill, who to kill...

@tabaqui It didn't cause too much heartache with readers, but when I killed Ritchie's parents it came as a surprise too. The only hints I dropped were to establish taking the boat over to the Bahamas was a normal event. None of that Ooops of course they had a boat stuff

I remembered one more clue. Not really a clue more like a slip I made and then didn't bother to correct. In Hunting Season I used fiancé to describe Owen.

@Reader1810 Wow, you want to save Brett? Does that mean I can have him say rude and inappropriate things more often? Wait until you read what he says at CJ's college graduation luncheon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Actually, I'm not sure there is anyone you can safely kill off. Though Abo would be heartbreaking it may also be a mercy.

Now if I didn't know better I would swear CJ was working the Starbuck's drive thru window outside Jacksonville on Saturday morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

I have a bunch of pictures I've used as inspiration or reference while writing Georgetown and I've been remiss in sharing them. They're now loaded into a photo service and I'll start sharing them here in the thread. @BlindAmbition Sorry about this JP but hopefully my descriptions have painted a clear enough picture for you.

We'll start this gallery off with architectural renderings for Third Line Development's Tacoma neighborhood project. Rod and Taisha live in one of the townhouses in front of the apartment building.

28059118_973237969509183_665931668453658

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I have a bunch of pictures I've used as inspiration or reference while writing Georgetown and I've been remiss in sharing them. They're now loaded into a photo service and I'll start sharing them here in the thread. @BlindAmbition Sorry about this JP but hopefully my descriptions have painted a clear enough picture for you.

We'll start this gallery off with architectural renderings for Third Line Development's Tacoma neighborhood project. Rod and Taisha live in one of the townhouses in front of the apartment building.

28059118_973237969509183_665931668453658

I won’t ruin your street cred Papi Carlos. You’re a sweetheart for trying to keep me included. TY! 💋

• Like 3

I just finished reading Scribe's Vegas novels, I'm ready to introduce the mobster angle! Cesar as the Godfather and Brett as second and chief enforcer?

Reading those books was scary. I realized why that one reader said CJ reminded him of the young character in those books. DC and politics instead of Vegas and gambling but their personalities are similar. 

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I just finished reading Scribe's Vegas novels, I'm ready to introduce the mobster angle! Cesar as the Godfather and Brett as second and chief enforcer?

Reading those books was scary. I realized why that one reader said CJ reminded him of the young character in those books. DC and politics instead of Vegas and gambling but their personalities are similar. 

Just call him Knuckles. I grew up in a very *family* oriented area of NJ. Let’s just say you felt very safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2