Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

I agree favorite parts are a tough choice. There are so many to choose from. I will say I immediately thought way back in Summer, I really enjoyed the guys taking the boat out. If memory serves, it was the night before the wedding.(correct me) Those couple of chapters with CJ playing such a huge part in the wedding planning and actual wedding were amazing for me. They were family before, but this made it more and then top it off with the adoption later on.. It's also when we saw the bond and deep friendship of the elite, before you shot that all to hell... I'm sure I'll think of something else.. 

Least favorite, Mr. and Mrs. Col. Dickhead... The massive accident, as well done as it was... JM being party to possibly rape CJ. Can't get over that.. 

The boat party was for Brett's 30th. It took place prior to the wedding but not immediately before. (One of the occasions events skipped forward.)

I think Sean's feeling ignored right now :)

• Like 1

Okay, like some of the others I think my least favorites were the near rape, because it was such a betrayal of friendship the other was when CJ and Lordes met in Miami again because it was a reminder of a betrayal. Favorites, sorry I just can't choose only one, seem to involve CJ with Richie or Harley or Chipper or Tom's kids or ... I think you can see the pattern ... CJ with his buds. But for me, it's hard to beat his times with his Dads even when he and Brett were at loggerheads because they remind me of the times with my own son when he was a teen.

• Like 3

The boat party was for Brett's 30th. It took place prior to the wedding but not immediately before. (One of the occasions events skipped forward.)

Thanks for the correction.. 

See now, that's what I get for acting mature..  I was trying to not be that whiny, needy person and not compound on what you already know... Sean's good... He knows every scene he's in is my favorite and that I hate it cause he doesn't get enough page time..:P better? 

• Like 3

Thanks for the correction.. 

See now, that's what I get for acting mature..  I was trying to not be that whiny, needy person and not compound on what you already know... Sean's good... He knows every scene he's in is my favorite and that I hate it cause he doesn't get enough page time.. :P better? 

Sean was meant to be entirely written out of the story at the time Doc first went to see him in NY. Then I thought he would move to LA after spending time with CJ and the dads during their visit. The man's like a bad penny, he keeps coming back. Since NYC will be a frequent location (down Def, down) I think I'll keep him around.

• Like 3

Sean was meant to be entirely written out of the story at the time Doc first went to see him in NY. Then I thought he would move to LA after spending time with CJ and the dads during their visit. The man's like a bad penny, he keeps coming back. Since NYC will be a frequent location (down Def, down) I think I'll keep him around.

Well as I recall CJ wasn't intended to be the star of the show either.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Well we can't have Sean feeling ignored now can we?

I have another example of a scene I liked and a scene I didn't like - actually, this is a two for one special. :)

First the dislike - Jose-Maria failing to come through for CJ by standing up to his douche of a cousin. Then again, did he secretly like Bernardo's plan? I hope not, but as I'm thinking about it, I'm becoming more and more inclined to believe he did. If not, he's a bloody coward for not showing Bernardo the door.  

Now for the like. Fast forward to the arrival of Sean and his heroic rescue and clean up of two nasty stains. I loved everything from Sean's arrival, the turfing of J-M and B, arranging for Matt to tell Cesar and Brett what happened and staying over night with CJ. He was also considerate and smart enough to wear his underwear to bed (because we all know he sleeps in the nude, don't we? :gikkle:  ) knowing there was a good chance he would have a visitor in need of some platonic TLC. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

See now this is fascinating to me. If Sean hadn't been around, who'd have saved CJ from those two rapist assholes?

• Like 2

Hey, kids!

I'm reading and paying attention but will refrain from comments on this subject until the next chapter posts. That way y'all have time and I won't influence the opinions. 

@ Buck- Hard and easy? Why are you paying me compliments? What do you want? Oh, and I'm withholding chapter 8 from you. I'd like to see your reaction to it. You'll realize why when you see it. :D

:thumbdown: What are you up to?

:( Why am I missing out?

:blink: What are you really up to? You better write quickly.

While I am still talking to you, I did want to add a favourite that is not a scene but something sprinkled throughout the story. The banter, the exchanges, the interactions between friends and lovers have been captured well. There is a very natural feel to them, as if we are eavesdropping in on actual conversations.

• Like 2

While I am still talking to you, I did want to add a favourite that is not a scene but something sprinkled throughout the story. The banter, the exchanges, the interactions between friends and lovers have been captured well. There is a very natural feel to them, as if we are eavesdropping in on actual conversations.

.........add to that B, Cesar and Brett's pillow talk at the end of the day. That always felt so natural and real. 

• Like 3

I think my favorite to date has to be the scene where he made the Senior Kennedy and the preist look like the homophobic asses they are. I found myself sitting there cheering him on every step of the way and hoping Dad and Poppa didn't walk in just then and stop him!

Don't worry B, the chapter is back in his hands and should post on schedule. I presented a little bit of a slowdown while I was dealing with a sick horse for several days but I got it back to him.

• Like 2

LOL The chapter will be waiting for you when you get home from work on Friday :D

Some time ago, Mann prefaced one of his editing comments with something about how he knew I liked to start things up with a line of dialogue. He was right. It should be clear I'm not big on long introspective internal monologues (I've quit reading more than one story when the characters do that). Not a big fan of angst here, I prefer decisive people, and writing dialogue has become my favorite way to deal with conflict. I try hard to make it sound like real people talking and Mann's guidance has helped me by pointing out when I write something which sounds like it came out of a sappy romance novel. :P

I think my favorite to date has to be the scene where he made the Senior Kennedy and the preist look like the homophobic asses they are. I found myself sitting there cheering him on every step of the way and hoping Dad and Poppa didn't walk in just then and stop him!

Don't worry B, the chapter is back in his hands and should post on schedule. I presented a little bit of a slowdown while I was dealing with a sick horse for several days but I got it back to him.

Not really Kitt's fault She's read the chapter and can probably guess why I don't want my second favorite Aussie to read ahead...

Not really Kitt's fault She's read the chapter and can probably guess why I don't want my second favorite Aussie to read ahead...

LOL no need to guess at all! In fact I wondered if you were going to send it to B as I was reading it!

• Like 1

LOL The chapter will be waiting for you when you get home from work on Friday :D

LOL no need to guess at all! In fact I wondered if you were going to send it to B as I was reading it!

Damn! I'm getting predictable.

FRIDAY  :o

You will pay for this <shaking fist in the air>

:( You do know that means Saturday here with the 12 hour time difference - i guess I will mope around until then 

• Like 1

FRIDAY  :o

You will pay for this <shaking fist in the air>

:( You do know that means Saturday here with the 12 hour time difference - i guess I will mope around until then 

I post the chapters and set them to publish at 4:00 a.m. My time. That means 4:00 p.m. in WA. You get to read it while most North Americans are still sleeping!

• Like 1

I post the chapters and set them to publish at 4:00 a.m. My time. That means 4:00 p.m. in WA. You get to read it while most North Americans are still sleeping!

Hmmm... I feel you should get some credit for that but only a little bit

• Like 1

Some time ago, Mann prefaced one of his editing comments with something about how he knew I liked to start things up with a line of dialogue. He was right. It should be clear I'm not big on long introspective internal monologues (I've quit reading more than one story when the characters do that). Not a big fan of angst here, I prefer decisive people, and writing dialogue has become my favorite way to deal with conflict. I try hard to make it sound like real people talking and Mann's guidance has helped me by pointing out when I write something which sounds like it came out of a sappy romance novel. :P

I haven't any "likes" at the moment but this is deserving of one. I think you use this style this well. Yeah, don't like angsty, sappy. Too many authors of stories including teens tend to go that way.

• Like 1

I haven't any "likes" at the moment but this is deserving of one. I think you use this style this well. Yeah, don't like angsty, sappy. Too many authors of stories including teens tend to go that way.

Thanks, Dugh!

I understand we all like different things as readers and writers, so I won't trash stories where the MC's are indecisive and take a few chapters to reach a decision. Just not my taste.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Thanks, Dugh!

I understand we all like different things as readers and writers, so I won't trash stories where the MC's are indecisive and take a few chapters to reach a decision. Just not my taste.

Off topic, but I read this and a line from Aliens popped into my head. The line is "move with a purpose!" and is spoken by a character who is a marine. That line was the beginning of my crush on Michael Biehn who played that marine. There was another marine (who shall remain nameless because I haven't liked him as an actor since that roll, go figure...) his character could be quite whiny and complainy (not a word, I know, but describes him well for this purpose). Anyway, I just think these two were perfect examples of decisive and indecisive and it tells me which type I like best. :)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

I understand the sappy romance thing. ..AC write, too soapy, tim...lol  So i rinse and rewrite..lol

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1