Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Hello to you all!

I've been absent for several (9?) months due to work and family issues.(what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger)

But I'm so thrilled to be back.

Carlos, I've missed these discussions,and the camaraderie that this place encourages. I have been able to read the stories, however, and am thrilled with how CJ has grown!  His fathers seem to be doing a great job!

I look forward to getting to know you all, again.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Miss CJ and the gang already, so I'm reading the story again from the very beginning. Just have to say it's as good (if not better because I'm spotting all the Easter eggs now : lol: ) as when I read it the first time.  :D

• Like 1

Miss CJ and the gang already, so I'm reading the story again from the very beginning. Just have to say it's as good (if not better because I'm spotting all the Easter eggs now : lol: ) as when I read it the first time.   :D

You'll have to tell me what eggs you've found. I've probably forgotten them by now LOL

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

You'll have to tell me what eggs you've found. I've probably forgotten them by now LOL

I can't remember them all now, but one was about Chipper...Doc mentioned him in a positive way if I recall. Biggest one was the references to the redhead that kept popping up. The first time I read about him walking into the bank it meant nothing. Now it's like uh oh...

The redhead sightings were more like rotten egg alerts than Easter eggs now that I think about it. 

• Like 1

I can't remember them all now, but one was about Chipper...Doc mentioned him in a positive way if I recall. Biggest one was the references to the redhead that kept popping up. The first time I read about him walking into the bank it meant nothing. Now it's like uh oh...

The redhead sightings were more like rotten egg alerts than Easter eggs now that I think about it. 

At some point I looked back to the hints about Ian and thought I'd over done it. I could have probably skipped a couple of them. LOL But I loved the one about CJ drooling after him and Brett catching him doing it.

• Like 1

Please indulge me and allow me to share an e-mail I received today (I promise not to keep doing this all the time.)

As I sit here having a cry over the Orlando shootings , I thought, strangely ,it would be a good time to finally write you . I am charmed by your CJ tale . Please do not stop writing , pick up that keyboard ( or maybe pen ?:) ) , we could all use a distraction and a boost . I am sure I am not the only one who feels that way ! Thank you for your efforts .Despite  your personal trials I beg you please to keep going ,for all of us and for yourself !! I hope this character and his journey bring you the joy writing it as I am getting reading it.
Thank you again  , I wish you all the best and many more years of beautiful words and characters .

Worlds biggest Huggggzzzzz , on this awful day :(

I've tried from the start to show how 'normal' gay men can be and today I'm glad someone finds solace and hope in my words. At the right time CJ will have something to say about Orlando.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

Please indulge me and allow me to share an e-mail I received today (I promise not to keep doing this all the time.)

As I sit here having a cry over the Orlando shootings , I thought, strangely ,it would be a good time to finally write you . I am charmed by your CJ tale . Please do not stop writing , pick up that keyboard ( or maybe pen ? :) ) , we could all use a distraction and a boost . I am sure I am not the only one who feels that way ! Thank you for your efforts .Despite  your personal trials I beg you please to keep going ,for all of us and for yourself !! I hope this character and his journey bring you the joy writing it as I am getting reading it.

Thank you again  , I wish you all the best and many more years of beautiful words and characters .

I've tried from the start to show how 'normal' gay men can be and today I'm glad someone finds solace and hope in my words. At the right time CJ will have something to say about Orlando.

Being able to brighten someone's day - and especially on a day like today - is something to be very proud of so I'm glad you shared it with us. The strength, positivity and integrity that your characters display is a real mood booster. They are so "real" that they could be out there and knowing and/or believing that people like this exist in the world is heartening. :)

• Like 1

As I sit here having a cry over the Orlando shootings , I thought, strangely ,it would be a good time to finally write you . I am charmed by your CJ tale . Please do not stop writing , pick up that keyboard ( or maybe pen ?:) ) , we could all use a distraction and a boost . I am sure I am not the only one who feels that way ! Thank you for your efforts .Despite your personal trials I beg you please to keep going ,for all of us and for yourself !! I hope this character and his journey bring you the joy writing it as I am getting reading it.

Thank you again , I wish you all the best and many more years of beautiful words and characters .

C, you, we, we are fucking normal! I work, pay taxes, do laundry, shop ... only difference is I fell in love with a man, I like men. CJ likes em, all your characters are real, not over the top or unbelievable. Your story is honest and good. And if I never told you that before then I should have. Hugs back.... and the email was a wonderful thing... Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 5

Saturday night I held hands with my sweetheart while we watched a terrible movie. We kissed and cuddled (and even got a little frisky) in my car. As we held each other, he said (as he often does) how us together feels right, feels good. We both have homophobic families sadly. But when we're together, it's just blissful. It's so disheartening to realize that as good as we feel, as normal as our relationship is for us, there's so many people that hate what they don't understand, and because they hate it they want to destroy it

That's beautiful.. and I'm sorry you have to feel that ...  it isn't perfect here.. but I can walk down the street with my husband.. holding hands. My father was, well is a homophobic prick, after what he did to, he's dead to me.  You might need to make a choice Spikey. It can't be easy.  But I will never see my father again. My husbands family is completely the opposite. 

The haters will never admit it but deep down, it's fear. Fear of "the other" fear of what they can't/don't/won't understand. We need to keep shining the spotlight of honesty, acceptance and understanding to work away at short sighted bigotry and hatred. But it's a long, hard journey.  

• Like 4

That's beautiful.. and I'm sorry you have to feel that ...  it isn't perfect here.. but I can walk down the street with my husband.. holding hands. My father was, well is a homophobic prick, after what he did to, he's dead to me.  You might need to make a choice Spikey. It can't be easy.  But I will never see my father again. My husbands family is completely the opposite. 

The haters will never admit it but deep down, it's fear. Fear of "the other" fear of what they can't/don't/won't understand. We need to keep shining the spotlight of honesty, acceptance and understanding to work away at short sighted bigotry and hatred. But it's a long, hard journey.

We can generally get away with PDFs without too much concern for idiots freaking out, we were at a mall once holding hands and the only look we got was from a girl who said we were cute. It's silly to think something as simple as holding hands can be a cause for concern for 2 grown men, but you never know where I live what's gonna happen.

• Like 2

We can generally get away with PDFs without too much concern for idiots freaking out, we were at a mall once holding hands and the only look we got was from a girl who said we were cute. It's silly to think something as simple as holding hands can be a cause for concern for 2 grown men, but you never know where I live what's gonna happen.

I believe at some point in your lifetime that people will no longer take note of let alone be troubled by same sex couples holding hands, hugging or kissing.

• Like 1

Good Morning all.

Carlos asked me to let you know he will be away from the site for a few days. He is alive and well, just in need of a bit of time to process recent events.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

Almost finished my second read of the double wedding. Interesting perspective when you already know what's going to happen in the future. 

Then there's the five inner thought dialogues of CJ and the grooms plus the Easter egg(s). :thumbup:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

Almost finished my second read of the double wedding. Interesting perspective when you already know what's going to happen in the future. 

Then there's the five inner thought dialogues of CJ and the grooms plus the Easter egg(s). :thumbup:

I really liked writing that chapter and the grooms and CJ getting ready was tops. Some of the eggs you've encountered so far were my way of justifying what I knew was coming. Chipper we talked about already and that

's a perfect example. He didn't come of of the blue because I needed a new character to join the gang (I hate when that happens in stories) I had already established his existance so when Doc said he was going to meet with Chipper in NYC, it wasn't an entire surprise.

Glad you're enjoying it again. I'm battling with chapter 6 right now. Not happy with a scene I think I need to perform major surgery on.

• Like 2