Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

That was one of my favorite chapters/scenes.. 

I know what you mean though, knowing what's coming makes your perspective that much clearer. Then other times I'm like..so many clues but  I didn't figure that at all.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I really liked writing that chapter and the grooms and CJ getting ready was tops. Some of the eggs you've encountered so far were my way of justifying what I knew was coming. Chipper we talked about already and that

's a perfect example. He didn't come of of the blue because I needed a new character to join the gang (I hate when that happens in stories) I had already established his existance so when Doc said he was going to meet with Chipper in NYC, it wasn't an entire surprise.

Glad you're enjoying it again. I'm battling with chapter 6 right now. Not happy with a scene I think I need to perform major surgery on.

Dr. Def (oh boy, just had a flashback to Overboard with Kurt Russell lol) and Dr. 1810 would be happy to assist. :yes:

That was one of my favorite chapters/scenes.. 

I know what you mean though, knowing what's coming makes your perspective that much clearer. Then other times I'm like..so many clues but  I didn't figure that at all.

It wouldn't be any fun if we figured out everything though. Surprises are good. :)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

I really liked writing that chapter and the grooms and CJ getting ready was tops. Some of the eggs you've encountered so far were my way of justifying what I knew was coming. Chipper we talked about already and that

's a perfect example. He didn't come of of the blue because I needed a new character to join the gang (I hate when that happens in stories) I had already established his existance so when Doc said he was going to meet with Chipper in NYC, it wasn't an entire surprise.

Glad you're enjoying it again. I'm battling with chapter 6 right now. Not happy with a scene I think I need to perform major surgery on.

I blame the cold weather but when I first read the last paragraph I saw "major strap on"

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I admit to not seeing it the first time I read Summer, but that was quite the juxtaposition of all that is good and all that is bad between chapters 20 and 21. Everything about the wedding in 20 was happy and wonderful. Then 21 comes along with tragedy and bad times galore. Am I ever so glad that Autumn showed up to put everything (well almost everything) right again. 

Now back to Autumn to watch some idiots get their butts kicked for entrapping CJ with a bogus arrest. 

PS: Still love how Brett parked his bike. That is never going to get old! :D

• Like 1

I admit to not seeing it the first time I read Summer, but that was quite the juxtaposition of all that is good and all that is bad between chapters 20 and 21. Everything about the wedding in 20 was happy and wonderful. Then 21 comes along with tragedy and bad times galore. Am I ever so glad that Autumn showed up to put everything (well almost everything) right again. 

Now back to Autumn to watch some idiots get their butts kicked for entrapping CJ with a bogus arrest. 

PS: Still love how Brett parked his bike. That is never going to get old! :D

And the chief getting all those damn phone calls! LOL

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Chapter 2 - The hospital Vigil Begins

JP said "Thank you, Dallas. I appreciate everybody’s efforts to keep my husband safe. And, Caleb, CJ’s our nephew. No qualifiers needed. I’ll probably crash out as soon as I go sit by Tommy. If anything comes up that CJ can handle, and he’s still awake, I’m okay with him dealing with it.”

If that is not a prophetic statement, I don't know what is. Of course, JP never dreamed CJ would have to handle Tom's parents and priest (here to perform Last Rites. Of all the nerve!!) Again, knowing what I know now, it was fortuitous that CJ stayed the night. I can't imagine poor JP being woken up to deal with the likes of them. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Did you hear the screaming?

The final chapter of Winter posted on Nifty this past weekend and the loud noise came from the barrage of e-mails I'm in the middle of responding to. Who knew a little helicopter crash would be causing such consternation? LOL

For those of you who've re-read or an in the process of it, let me know what you think the second time around like 1810 is doing. It's pretty cool to see how the eggs/hints/set-ups I did now seem to jump out.

• Like 1

Did you hear the screaming?

The final chapter of Winter posted on Nifty this past weekend and the loud noise came from the barrage of e-mails I'm in the middle of responding to. Who knew a little helicopter crash would be causing such consternation? LOL

You should have been forewarned by our reactions ...

• Like 1

You should have been forewarned by our reactions ...

I think the interactions between writers and readers on GA creates a different type of reaction. The first time I ended a book with a big surprise (OK, maybe a few surprises) it shocked people but when they realized I wasn't bout to stop writing or posting things settled down. That close bond isn't present on other sites and some readers forget I'm not the type to leave them hanging.

The response has been interesting and the writers varied. An older guy in England who recalled fond memories of his trip to Australia a few years back and wrote as a result of the book ending letting me know how my descriptions made him smile. A gentleman in a small place in Australia who asked me not to reveal his hometown or name because he's in the closet. A guy who shared he and his partner had just married over the weekend and he and his husband had read the last chapter of Winter during their honeymoon. (Bastard forgot to send me pictures!) A couple of teens who both seem to think CJ walks on water (I let them both know our boy's farts smell) And several comments on the tackling of social issues without being preachy.

Variety in readers and what they enjoy most is so cool. Definitely get a kick out of it. Now all I need to do is keep it interesting for a couple more years so I can finish telling the story LOL

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I think the interactions between writers and readers on GA creates a different type of reaction. The first time I ended a book with a big surprise (OK, maybe a few surprises) it shocked people but when they realized I wasn't bout to stop writing or posting things settled down. That close bond isn't present on other sites and some readers forget I'm not the type to leave them hanging.

The response has been interesting and the writers varied. An older guy in England who recalled fond memories of his trip to Australia a few years back and wrote as a result of the book ending letting me know how my descriptions made him smile. A gentleman in a small place in Australia who asked me not to reveal his hometown or name because he's in the closet. A guy who shared he and his partner had just married over the weekend and he and his husband had read the last chapter of Winter during their honeymoon. (Bastard forgot to send me pictures!) A couple of teens who both seem to think CJ walks on water (I let them both know our boy's farts smell) And several comments on the tackling of social issues without being preachy.

Variety in readers and what they enjoy most is so cool. Definitely get a kick out of it. Now all I need to do is keep it interesting for a couple more years so I can finish telling the story LOL

A couple of more years eh? Oh how, I do like the sound of that! :D :D

I think I better brace myself for reaction to the attempeted rape! That chapter garnered a lot of comments from GA reader and if the same proportion of readers e-mail me, it may take me a couple of days to answer them all. And no, I'm not complaining. I discussed the story with a couple of guys during the dinner cruise Friday night and ended up sending them links to it here on GA. I'm hoping to get some feedback from locals to balance all the international responses.

• Like 3

I think I better brace myself for reaction to the attempeted rape! That chapter garnered a lot of comments from GA reader and if the same proportion of readers e-mail me, it may take me a couple of days to answer them all. And no, I'm not complaining. I discussed the story with a couple of guys during the dinner cruise Friday night and ended up sending them links to it here on GA. I'm hoping to get some feedback from locals to balance all the international responses.

You've written an outstanding story with very likable characters, CJ in particular. People are gonna have some visceral reactions to that.

• Like 3

If I didn't know better I would swear that CJ is doing a bathing suit spread in the July issue of GQ ... the model fits the picture I have of our boy. Unfortunately I can't find digital images to share. You'll just need to stop your local bookseller to peruse a copy.

If I didn't know better I would swear that CJ is doing a bathing suit spread in the July issue of GQ ... the model fits the picture I have of our boy. Unfortunately I can't find digital images to share. You'll just need to stop your local bookseller to peruse a copy.

Did you mean this young lad? I thought CJ was a touch furrier

trevor-signorino-gq-us-july-2016-editori

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 3

I think this is the picture CJ sent in to XXX University for the freshman booklet they'll distribute at the beginning of the school year. Eyes are lighter and upper chest is furry. But knowing CJ, he's probably clean shaved and has a crew cut for summer. I wonder if he'd spend $345 for a pair of D&G swim trunks.  He can afford them for sure.

3831123_640px.jpg?1356908433

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I like your pic Carlos, but I'm thinking B is closer to the mark - just missing the furry...

Of course, there's always photoshop or Adobe to fix that one point...  ;)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Did you mean this young lad? I thought CJ was a touch furrier

trevor-signorino-gq-us-july-2016-editori

Yeah, this is the guy. I know CJ has chest fur but this is the build, hair and sort of facial features I imagine. Thanks for finding and posting the pic B.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Autumn Ch 6

Also, didn’t Uncle Tommy tell me he had a son my age? And now I find out Chip does too? Damn, I’d love to meet those two guys. Just imagine how much fun y’all would have with the three of us around you all the time!

So, is that one Easter egg or two? Hmm? :D

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I gotta say thatI have reread the 4 CJ books many times over. Very well written. Anxiously awaiting Summer!!!

Actually, Summer was the first installment in the rseries LOL

The next book is Travels and it's in process. If I can just finish the final chapter then I'll be ready to start the editing process. Hand in there, it's coming.

• Like 2