Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

So with 50 pages, you get invites to bed and free drinks from Def - not bad going :)

It's okay Bucket, you can "experiment" all you want, no one will judge you. :D

• Like 2

Are you saying you want to get in bed with Def and drink? Are you a closeted straight dude? :D

It's called being "open minded" Carlos!  One can't decide a favorite unless one has tried all the possibilities!

• Like 2

It's called being "open minded" Carlos!  One can't decide a favorite unless one has tried all the possibilities!

Do you really think I would pass up the opportunity to rag on the Aussie? LOL

Hey, Michael!

I figure someone will read this to you or let you see it by yourself so I'll temporarily bypass the middle stud ( I mean man). I wouldn't have it any other way dude! Not only do I expect you to be there but you better be naked also. :D

SERIOUSLY

Hope I get to meet you both in person one of these days. I think the three of us would get along famously and I don't mean just in bed LOL

omg..lol 

Are you saying you want to get in bed with Def and drink? Are you a closeted straight dude? :D

I like the way you think... I'm always up for a cuddle so, yes please!  :wub:

It's okay Bucket, you can "experiment" all you want, no one will judge you. :D

Well then... I volunteer as 'Test Subject'....because 

Kitt makes a valid point! 

Do you really think I would pass up the opportunity to rag on the Aussie? LOL

I read that as Bag the Aussie..   :facepalm:   Smdh... 

Now B, please be mindful of this lady's feelings in your protests.. :unsure2:

One word - no :P

I seem to remember getting into serious trouble the last time I tried to flirt with a lady such as yourself Kitt

Now B, please be mindful of this lady's feelings in your protests.. :unsure2:

I learnt my lesson last time  :*)

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

We all knew it was coming, but the "reveal" of Bradley and Patrick's move to D.C. was a delight to read. :)

Not knowing the details of the conversations we weren't privy to (but we knew what was discussed anyway :P ) made the reveal that much more impactful, IMO. Nicely done.  :thumbup:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

We all knew it was coming, but the "reveal" of Bradley and Patrick's move to D.C. was a delight to read. :)

Not knowing the details of the conversations we weren't privy to (but we knew what was discussed anyway :P ) made the reveal that much more impactful, IMO. Nicely done.  :thumbup:

I keep trying to find a balance between what I reveal and what I leve up to the readers to figure out. I didn't want to do an info dump on Tom's boys so tried to build up to it and then dropped the news in as casual a way as I could. Plus hopefully it showed CJ once again he doesn't automatically hear everything first. Poor kid's probably shocked!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I keep trying to find a balance between what I reveal and what I leve up to the readers to figure out. I didn't want to do an info dump on Tom's boys so tried to build up to it and then dropped the news in as casual a way as I could. Plus hopefully it showed CJ once again he doesn't automatically hear everything first. Poor kid's probably shocked!

It definitely seemed as if the news was dropped in a 'by the way' manner. Totally not intentional on the speaker's part - NOT! :lol:

• Like 2

It definitely seemed as if the news was dropped in a 'by the way' manner. Totally not intentional on the speaker's part - NOT! :lol:

LMAO!

You have no idea how hard it was to hold off. This has obviously been building since "Mary's Place" and I'm sure most people read between the lines even back then. Hell I've been waiting for this moment forever! I had JP and Tom living in Alexandria because I wanted some variety amongs the main characters and it gsave them the waterfront property to dock the PP on the back yard.  But then realized Tom's kids couldn't attend Walls unless they lived in DC so the idea of selling their place came in which also allowed me to introduce Dash who was destined to hook up with Doc.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

LMAO!

You have no idea how hard it was to hold off. This has obviously been building since "Mary's Place" and I'm sure most people read between the lines even back then. Hell I've been waiting for this moment forever! I had JP and Tom living in Alexandria because I wanted some variety amongs the main characters and it gsave them the waterfront property to dock the PP on the back yard.  But then realized Tom's kids couldn't attend Walls unless they lived in DC so the idea of selling their place came in which also allowed me to introduce Dash who was destined to hook up with Doc.

I love that all these things connect to propel the storyline forward. In the beginning, they don't seem to be a catalyst for future events to be possible and/or logical. Looking back, it's pretty cool seeing all the planning you put in for events that were far in the future. 

Ack too many spoilers... i need to catch up. I will. But i learned that i follow 14 stories each week(ish) and I have not been writing. So I am writing but I'm behind.. but I will read everything!!  

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Ack too many spoilers... i need to catch up. I will. But i learned that i follow 14 stories each week(ish) and I have not been writing. So I am writing but I'm behind.. but I will read everything!!  

I feel your pain. I'm behind in reading and reviewing. Luckily, as a bookworm, I don't write. Of course, when you've finished writing, I will have more to read...

• Like 1

Too much good stuff to read and I don't need to worry about writing :)

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

snapback.png Reply from Carlos Hazday (author)

Dragon, and the other childless members of the group may not see as much time 'on air' but that doesn't mean they're not around. His being a social worker puts him in a good position to offer light counseling and guidance.

I did remember that he was a social worker so I knew that's why Cesar and Brett called him instead of one of the other uncles (and I don't think this would have worked to well, a counsellor unknown to CJ)  With the training and experience he has, Dragon was the perfect choice. He is uncle, friend, mentor and social worker all rolled into one. And more importantly, he is someone CJ respects and trusts. That combination made it a no brainer that he was the one Cesar and Brett turned to for assistance. Not to mention this wasn't the first time they asked for assistance regarding CJ's well being. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

Dragon was also a good choice because he respects CJ. Along with the other uncles, he hasn't treated CJ like a kid but rather like a young man. This means that CJ was open to hearing what Dragon has to say.

As an aside, I have never understood why people say that this time was the best time of their lives. Hormones raging, intense emotions, limited freedom, stupid "life changing" exams on the way. It's a fairly intense part of life even without the drama that Carlos has thrown CJ's way. I made great friends who I am still in contact with today but there is no way I want to go back. 

• Like 4

Cj's been in DC for a year and we just summarized a lot of what's gone on during that time. I'd love to hear what the favorite and least liked scenes have been so far. And why. Anyone want to take a stab?

• Site Moderator

When I read the question you posed, the first thing that popped into my mind was the image of Brett creating a parking space for his bike at the police station and his subsequent response when he was told he couldn't park there. Actually, come to think about it, that entire episode was fantastic. It was a great example of how effectively Cesar and Brett used all the forces at their disposal to bring this debacle to a favourable end for CJ. CJ went from being kicked out of his home and disowned to having a formidable army covering his six. That has to be good for a person's sense of self worth. 

What was my least favourite...hmm? Anything to do with Colonel and Mrs. Dickhead unless, of course, they ended up on the losing end of the scruff match. 

And let's not forget Spencer.  He should have kept his mouth shut so he wouldn't embarrass his cousin, but no, he just couldn't do it could he? What a douche!

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

I think it's hard to pinpoint what the favorite and least favorite moments have been. I'd say CJ's birthday party was a favorite moment, just cause I liked this very large family that the kid has orbiting around him. He started out in what could have been extremely tragic circumstances, and now it's sad, but he's in a better place surrounded by people that love and appreciate him so much. A secondary favorite would be the Australia vacation, cause I like Owen :) Lots of cool and touching moments throughout that section.

Least favorite? By far would have to be Jose-Maria's betrayal. Oh did that piss me off so bad. Col. Dickhead is a dickhead, getting arrested sucked, Brett crashing was scary, but what pissed me off the most was his friend betraying him like that. Seriously fuck those guys!

As a side note, the scene that got spikey teary-eyed was CJ and Richie saying goodbye at the airport after Richie's visit to DC. And that was just a summary by Brett. I just hate that those two boys have to be separated like that.

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 3

Cj's been in DC for a year and we just summarized a lot of what's gone on during that time. I'd love to hear what the favorite and least liked scenes have been so far. And why. Anyone want to take a stab?

That's hard and easy, a bit like you some of your characters :P

Favourite is a hard choice. Some parts made me smile, some parts made me laugh, I will need to follow Dugh's example and ponder.

Least liked I would agree with spikey, the betrayal was ugly, easily the worst bit. No probs with the writing but that section was not fun. That being said, CJ's attitude to the love sick Owen was a bit rough - I have to stick up for my Aussie bro :)

• Like 1

Hey, kids!

I'm reading and paying attention but will refrain from comments on this subject until the next chapter posts. That way y'all have time and I won't influence the opinions. 

@ Buck- Hard and easy? Why are you paying me compliments? What do you want? Oh, and I'm withholding chapter 8 from you. I'd like to see your reaction to it. You'll realize why when you see it. :D

I agree favorite parts are a tough choice. There are so many to choose from. I will say I immediately thought way back in Summer, I really enjoyed the guys taking the boat out. If memory serves, it was the night before the wedding.(correct me) Those couple of chapters with CJ playing such a huge part in the wedding planning and actual wedding were amazing for me. They were family before, but this made it more and then top it off with the adoption later on.. It's also when we saw the bond and deep friendship of the elite, before you shot that all to hell... I'm sure I'll think of something else.. 

Least favorite, Mr. and Mrs. Col. Dickhead... The massive accident, as well done as it was... JM being party to possibly rape CJ. Can't get over that.. 

• Like 1