Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

You perv! :rofl:

I'm looking forward to a little break, but you're right there's more to tell at some point. I need to give my support team a break and I don't want to churn out chapters for the sake of keeping the story going. It's important to know when to say enough. And that's enough for now.

Thanks for sticking with me, Dugh. And thank you for the praise and comments all throughout.

Hey there's a reason I like Summer ...

If and/or when you feel compelled to provide an update I'll be here. The praise and compliments were earned. You firmly established yourself among the excellent authors on GA.

• Like 2

:heart:  :heart:  :heart: ..... I have no likes left. 

I swear it's like saying bye to best friends and you don't know when they'll be back.. I am still so emotional about this end.. Though I'm sure it's not THE END!  I'm going to miss them. The future does indeed look bright for CJ.. 

Not to worry, Sean is being cared for. He's realising that this thing with Doc wasn't ever going to be more than it was..  :P

You rock Carlos.. :kiss:  :hug:

• Like 2

After a small private chat with you, I decided to read a few of your stories. You encouraged me to try CJ, which I did and binge read it as much as I could to catch-up. I'm glad I did. I truly enjoyed it and I know you will revisit this group of wonderful characters when the time is right. 

Congratulations on a successful story. It was a great ride.  And as I said before, I'm pretty sure any ride with you would be a good one. 

Thanks again, C.

tim xo

• Like 1

:rolleyes: to that last bit...  

As tim said, it was a great ride. Thank you. :thumbup:

All this talk about rides makes me want to head out on a road trip...

Excellent story Carlos.  I can't believe its finally over after reading about CJ and his adventures for so long.  Very well done. :)

That's Aza! Thank you for sticking it out. Keep an eye out for future stories from me. 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

snapback.png Reply from Carlos Hazday (author)

I wonder if Harley can talk over the noise of a Jeep barrelling down the highway with the radio blaring...

If anyone can, Harley can :)

I miss the guys already - Chapter ten was not very satisfying :P

Oh, I don't know about that. CJ is happy and healthy as are the rest of his posse and the Nifty Nine. Chatri and Helen got married, Doc and Dash are giving their relationship a go. And let's not forget, JM and Bernardo got their comeuppance thanks to JM's dad who put integrity and honour before family ties. 

Then there are are those lose threads that need tying...

One thing I would have liked to have referenced was how well Harley was doing with his job working on Danno's car(s). I figure it must be going well or we would have heard about it. :lol:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

In case you don't live in the USA, or avoid news items in all media, there has been a lot of reporting about how three California women saved a stranger from being drugged. They observed a man put something in the drink belonging to her female companion when she went to the bathroom. The concerned women went to the bathroom to explain what was happening and told management. Review of security footage confirmed their accusation, the police was called and the man was arrested. The intended victim revealed the guy was one of her best friends. News reports said 90% of rape victims in the US know their attackers and the number of reported date-drugged-rapes is in the tens of thousands ( may be hundreds, bad memory here.)

I guess CJ's brush with a similar situation wasn't so farfetched after all. :P

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

In case you don't live in the USA, or avoid news items in all media, there has been a lot of reporting about how three California women saved a stranger from being drugged. They observed a man put something in the drink belonging to her female companion when she went to the bathroom. The concerned women went to the bathroom to explain what was happening and told management. Review of security footage confirmed their accusation, the police was called and the man was arrested. The intended victim revealed the guy was one of her best friends. News reports said 90% of rape victims in the US know their attackers and the number of reported date-drugged-rapes is in the tens of thousands ( may be hundreds, bad memory here.)

I guess CJ's brush with a similar situation wasn't so farfetched after all. :P

It's really a shame when you can't even trust your friends...

• Like 4

We were talking about this at school today.. Pretty sobering when you have to wonder about your friends. I would like to think I've chosen wisely, but who knows what drives a person to act in such an reprehensible way.. 

• Like 3

We were talking about this at school today.. Pretty sobering when you have to wonder about your friends. I would like to think I've chosen wisely, but who knows what drives a person to act in such an reprehensible way.. 

It's frightening really because you think they're friends when in reality they're not.

• Like 2

I had an e-mail yesterday from a reader who'd just finished reading Spring 4 and was unable to continue reading until a later time. He threatened to send the CHP after me.

Here I am, all excited thinking it's the Caliornia or Colorado Highway Patrol he's talking about. I was about to reply, requesting he send two of each over, when I noticed the PS at the bottom of the message: CHP = Cliff Hanger Police. Talk about having my balloon poppped and the air let out...

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator

I had an e-mail yesterday from a reader who'd just finished reading Spring 4 and was unable to continue reading until a later time. He threatened to send the CHP after me.

Here I am, all excited thinking it's the Caliornia or Colorado Highway Patrol he's talking about. I was about to reply, requesting he send two of each over, when I noticed the PS at the bottom of the message: CHP = Cliff Hanger Police. Talk about having my balloon poppped and the air let out...

Sad day for you when you realized Officer Drew Espinosa was not going to be paying you a visit....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am suffering tremors, sweating ... I think it's withdraw ... 'cause I got this urge to go searching for hot teenage hunks just want to watch 'em bein' cool ... I got it bad ... maybe if I went to DC and started wandering around Georgetown ...

• Like 2