Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

Early observation:

Love that you mention Huey Lewis and the News. I wasn't much of a concert goer when I was younger, but I did see them twice. Both shows were terrific and this chapter has brought up some nice...and some funny...memories. Thanks for that Carlos. 

• Like 1

And the journeys begin...

I have missed these guys :)

Funny how I've felt the same way. I wanted to take a long break after Spring but after a couple of days, locations, scenes, and dialogue just kept popping up in my head.

• Like 3

Can I just say that I've missed these Friday updates from CJ. I was so excited to see another CJ posing when I clicked on the site this morning.

Also missed you Carlos, I know I'm a bit of a stranger from posting outside of general story discussion, but it's great to hear from you bud.

• Like 1

Can I just say that I've missed these Friday updates from CJ. I was so excited to see another CJ posing when I clicked on the site this morning.

Also missed you Carlos, I know I'm a bit of a stranger from posting outside of general story discussion, but it's great to hear from you bud.

It's definitely good to be back. And don't worry about the frequency or number of your postings. Some people thrive on multiple daily posts while others prefer to remain in the background. Mine tend to come in batches, depending on mood, events, and wether I have a story being published. GA's big enough we can all fit in the tent.

• Like 1

Ooh, yeah! 

So far so good. I'll reply to the reviews tomorrow but a few have made me smile. It's nice to see a core group of fans reacting so nicely and being generous in their praise.Plus the fact the story has over 20 followers already is mind blowing!

And while we're talking numbers, I now have 69 :D followers!

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1

So far so good. I'll reply to the reviews tomorrow but a few have made me smile. It's nice to see a core group of fans reacting so nicely and being generous in their praise.Plus the fact the story has over 20 followers already is mind blowing!

And while we're talking numbers, I now have 69 :D followers!

And that doesn't count the readers like me who don't follow stories because we follow you!

• Like 2

Chapter two's in the can! Three and four are in the editing process and I need to read over five one more time. Not a bad week. Now, If I can get back to writing Walls it'll be perfect. I been kinda stuck on chapter 2 of that book since Monday. I'd forgotten this is work!

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I'm fine with it being 69 forever... kinda like the number LOL

Yeah, we kinda figured that when you took note of there being 69 chapters  at the end of Spring. See Exhibit A: 

By the numbers so far:

• One year in CJ’s life.
  • About two years writing the story.
  • 69 chapters (please keep your minds out of the gutter.)  0:)
  • Nearly 300,000 words
  • Almost 60,000 views
  • Prior to posting this final chapter, 730 reviews.

PS: My review is in the works 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Chapter two's in the can! Three and four are in the editing process and I need to read over five one more time. Not a bad week. Now, If I can get back to writing Walls it'll be perfect. I been kinda stuck on chapter 2 of that book since Monday. I'd forgotten this is work!

Does it help to know that we appreciate your efforts because we do!

• Like 1

Yeah, we kinda figured that when you took note of there being 69 chapters  at the end of Spring. See Exhibit A: 

By the numbers so far:

• One year in CJ’s life.
  • About two years writing the story.
  • 69 chapters (please keep your minds out of the gutter.)  0:)
  • Nearly 300,000 words
  • Almost 60,000 views
  • Prior to posting this final chapter, 730 reviews.

PS: My review is in the works 

I like being in the gutter... slurp. 

• Like 2

And that doesn't count the readers like me who don't follow stories because we follow you!

Yeah I used to follow stories when I first joined the site, but most of the ones I followed either got finished or abandoned. In the mean time I visit the site so frequently that I don't really need to follow anything. I always see the updates for the stories I'm reading.

• Like 1

While I'm @ Hard Rock Stadium for the University of Miami football game tonight, CJ will be having dinner with his dads and his boyfriend. At the HRC 20th Annual National Dinner. The young man looks hot in his tux, I'm certain the four men will turn some heads. I wonder if he'll get to sayt hello to Tim Kaine who's the keynore speaker.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Reading about Harley's grandparents and how they were so obviously (without saying it outright) supportive of Harley and how much they thought of him brought back a memory of my grandma and how she handled a situation that happened on the family farm when I was less than three years old. I can recall carrying the pail of chicken feed to the chicken coop but somehow, on the way there, I dropped it. You guessed it chicken feed everywhere and not where it was supposed to be  - oops.

For some adults that may have been the end of my "helping" with the chores, but for my grandma, it wasn't. Thinking back, it may have been foolish on her part, but I guess she saw rebuilding my bruised ego as being more important. How did she manage to do that you ask? Well, I'll tell you, she let me carry in the basket of newly collected eggs. So like Harley and CJ, my brothers and I got to eat fresh eggs for breakfast. :)

Thanks for bringing back this memory, Carlos :hug:

• Like 4

Reading about Harley's grandparents and how they were so obviously (without saying it outright) supportive of Harley and how much they thought of him brought back a memory of my grandma and how she handled a situation that happened on the family farm when I was less than three years old. I can recall carrying the pail of chicken feed to the chicken coop but somehow, on the way there, I dropped it. You guessed it chicken feed everywhere and not where it was supposed to be  - oops.

For some adults that may have been the end of my "helping" with the chores, but for my grandma, it wasn't. Thinking back, it may have been foolish on her part, but I guess she saw rebuilding my bruised ego as being more important. How did she manage to do that you ask? Well, I'll tell you, she let me carry in the basket of newly collected eggs. So like Harley and CJ, my brothers and I got to eat fresh eggs for breakfast. :)

Thanks for bringing back this memory, Carlos :hug:

That's an awesome story! Thanks for sharing. And I'm extremely happy to help loosen those old events and bring them back. I like it when my imagination can touch a nerve and connect to reality.

• Like 1

Carlos I want to take a moment to tell you how much I have enjoyed this story. I found it on another site and waited for every chapter. I love the Dads and there friends. I just wanted to tell him please keep up your great work. 

Rick

Thanks, Rick.

I've kinda fallen for my boys too and hopefully I;ve been doing them justice. I keep trying to bring their lives to the page and make them as real as possible. Hopefully the story has gotten better (narration and technical aspects) as it's gone on.

Once again , thanks for the continued support and welcome to the CJ family here on GA.

Love these guys but I just reread A Thin Blue Line and something jumped out at me.  Brett is referred to as Retired Marine Captain.   Is that coming up in Travels or was it an error?

Ding, ding, ding. And we have a winner! Give the lady a victory cigar.

Writing A Thin Blue line was my way of striking out against the horror of all those shootings. I did the same after Orlando, but that story was too raw for GA, it would have gotten me in trouble. I knew I had something to say and it couldn't wait until I got to 2016 in CJ's story. I had to deal with my pain and all the damn tears now. So I figured I'd write a little scene between the boy and his dad's discussing current events. After all I've already established those three talk about anything and everything.

But I didn't want to give away what I have planned for CJ, so I limited the amount of details. But I had to introduce the characters to readers who may not be following the series (fools! LOL) Once again I decided to build upon what I had already introduced: Brett was rich and since his wedding he'd gained control of the entire family fortune which now required some additional involvement from him. Plus he'd been injured in the helicopter crash which could technically earn him a medical discharge.

Travels consists of chapters in Cleveland/Chicago/Milwaukee, then DC before returning to Australia and Miami, and finally back to DC. There will be some discussion about the Jarhead's future in a chapter coming soon. I left the retired comment in to see who was paying attention. Aside fro members of my edit/beta team, you're the first reader to notice :D

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

Ding, ding, ding. And we have a winner! Give the lady a victory cigar.

Writing A Thin Blue line was my way of striking out against the horror of all those shootings. I did the same after Orlando, but that story was too raw for GA, it would have gotten me in trouble. I knew I had something to say and it couldn't wait until I got to 2016 in CJ's story. I had to deal with my pain and all the damn tears now. So I figured I'd write a little scene between the boy and his dad's discussing current events. After all I've already established those three talk about anything and everything.

But I didn't want to give away what I have planned for CJ, so I limited the amount of details. But I had to introduce the characters to readers who may not be following the series (fools! LOL) Once again I decided to build upon what I had already introduced: Brett was rich and since his wedding he'd gained control of the entire family fortune which now required some additional involvement from him. Plus he'd been injured in the helicopter crash which could technically earn him a medical discharge.

Travels consists of chapters in Cleveland/Chicago/Milwaukee, then DC before returning to Australia and Miami, and finally back to DC. There will be some discussion about the Jarhead's future in a chapter coming soon. I left the retired comment in to see who was paying attention. Aside fro members of my edit/beta team, you're the first reader to notice :D

Not surprising considering avid is a reader....just saying  ;)

• Like 1