Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Walls Chapter 4 - November 2014 is now live.

No confrontations in this one...

Okay no confrontations, except the internal one that was only really hinted at in the text, but was obviously going on for awhile. :lol:

• Like 3

It's a great read, with awesome results.

About Lynne cooking dinner on Friday...

There could have been a line explaining the change of plans. I figured with Cuban food on Wednesday and Thanksgiving gluttony on Thursday the last thing they needed was a heavy Polish one on Friday.

• Like 2

Okay no confrontations, except the internal one that was only really hinted at in the text, but was obviously going on for awhile. :lol:

Yeah, the confrontations needed a break, different chapter with a feel-good approach. But I'm warning you, I'm not writing any sappy romantic scenes... :P

• Like 3

Yeah, the confrontations needed a break, different chapter with a feel-good approach. But I'm warning you, I'm not writing any sappy romantic scenes... :P

But Carlos, CJ and Owen deserve a little romance together! There's this song you can use for inspiration. I don't remember the name, but somebody quoted it right here on GA just a few days ago...

• Like 3

But Carlos, CJ and Owen deserve a little romance together! There's this song you can use for inspiration. I don't remember the name, but somebody quoted it right here on GA just a few days ago...

Fine... I'll have Dragon take them to the nearest bathhouse for a day of romance... :lol:

• Like 3

Fine... I'll have Dragon take them to the nearest bathhouse for a day of romance... :lol:

:lmao:

It figured you'd say that. Though considering CJ's reaction to Owen with Chipper in their first threesome, I somehow don't see them becoming the play and party type.

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 3

About Lynne cooking dinner on Friday...

There could have been a line explaining the change of plans. I figured with Cuban food on Wednesday and Thanksgiving gluttony on Thursday the last thing they needed was a heavy Polish one on Friday.

Hey, it's cool. Just got my attention.

• Like 2

:lmao:

It figured you'd say that. Though considering CJ's reaction to Owen with Chipper in their first threesome, I somehow don't see them becoming the play and party type.

A bathhouse is not romantic, the kid is underaged and doesn't want to share ... though it was kinda hot imagining that threesome with Chipper.

Interesting you two mention Chipper. In the next chapter he gives CJ a :X

• Like 2

I had a feeling Owen didn't have a chance of heart, but still, CJ left him dangling for almost a year. Again I'll reiterate I agreed with his decision when he left Australia the first time. But it took him way too long to acknowledge those feelings everyone else could plainly see.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

You've got a point there Spikey. Now I'm going to have to check back for some of CJ's reasoning regarding his denial of his true feelings. I recall they seemed logical at the time. Well, sort of....

• Like 2

Logical in the mind of a teenager. Come on folks despite his awesome poise and maturity CJ is a kid and doesn't have the experience of those added years we do.

Now I need a Harley fix ... the ginger variety.

• Like 5

Logical in the mind of a teenager. Come on folks despite his awesome poise and maturity CJ is a kid and doesn't have the experience of those added years we do.

You are so right, Dughlas.

CJ and my twins are the same age, 16 going on 22, their brains just don't always see logic, they seem to see mostly in emotion.

Sometimes I see CJ in them and them in CJ.

• Like 3

I had a feeling Owen didn't have a chance of heart, but still, CJ left him dangling for almost a year. Again I'll reiterate I agreed with his decision when he left Australia the first time. But it took him way too long to acknowledge those feelings everyone else could plainly see.

You've got a point there Spikey. Now I'm going to have to check back for some of CJ's reasoning regarding his denial of his true feelings. I recall they seemed logical at the time. Well, sort of....

Now I need a Harley fix ... the ginger variety.

SO, I have a question for you guys and anyone else who'd like to chime in:

Spikey and I joke often about my dislike for sappy romance and my denials of being a romantic. I know my aversion is in part fueled by the preponderance of MM Romance stories on this site and most others. Is the abundance of such stories skewing our views of how a relationship should develop?

CJ & Ozzie met and hit it off; jumping in bed fairly quickly as many gay men often do. They don't see each other for 6 months and during that time CJ (thanks to Dragon) realizes he's fighting relationship and abandonment issues. The boys spend two weeks traveling alone, enjoying themselves and getting to know each other before engaging in sex again. Three months late, after dating and living next to each other, the become a couple.

Now my question is whether the rapid pace at which romance blooms in most stories has conditioned us to expect the same all the time. I started with 4 couples, two were solid and had been together from the moment they met, the other two broke up. I tried to show a sense of family between the men balanced by the reality so many couple break up and divorce. And in the process, I tried to poke some fun at myself knowing CJ and Ozzie would become boyfriends. No spoilers about what happens to them in the future!

So, what do you think? Did I wait too long? Is their taking almost a year after meeting to make it 'official' too long or is it realistic?

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

This story has never been sappy, but I think you've created characters that have us - the reader - caring about their wellbeing as if they were real. CJ went through such a crappy and uncertain time thanks to Lourdes and Dickhead that seeing him happy and settled is important. It just so happens that having a really great boyfriend is part of that new normal for him.

I understand his early reticence because of the physical distance between them, but later when that was no longer the case, it was time for CJ to adjust his thinking. 

Just because they are officially a couple now, doesn't mean it has to be forever.  There is the age difference too which I think I may have touched upon at some point earlier on. They may want a lot of the same things, but they may also not be in sync regarding some other important relationship type stuff. 

The platonic trip around Australia was good because they got to know each other better as people without the complication of being boyfriends and the expectations that come with that. 

In the end, CJ just wasn't ready for that kind of commitment. It took seeing that he could lose Owen to wake up and acknowledge he wanted and was ready for a relationship as boyfriends.

As the dads are fond of saying "baby steps" which lead to bigger steps which lead to a nice solid foundation. I think they both needed that journey. Owen to realize his feelings aren't going away and CJ to realize that those feelings are there and they are real.

• Like 4

SO, I have a question for you guys and anyone else who'd like to chime in:

Spikey and I joke often about my dislike for sappy romance and my denials of being a romantic. I know my aversion is in part fueled by the preponderance of MM Romance stories on this site and most others. Is the abundance of such stories skewing our views of how a relationship should develop?

CJ & Ozzie met and hit it off; jumping in bed fairly quickly as many gay men often do. They don't see each other for 6 months and during that time CJ (thanks to Dragon) realizes he's fighting relationship and abandonment issues. The boys spend two weeks traveling alone, enjoying themselves and getting to know each other before engaging in sex again. Three months late, after dating and living next to each other, the become a couple.

Now my question is whether the rapid pace at which romance blooms in most stories has conditioned us to expect the same all the time. I started with 4 couples, two were solid and had been together from the moment they met, the other two broke up. I tried to show a sense of family between the men balanced by the reality so many couple break up and divorce. And in the process, I tried to poke some fun at myself knowing CJ and Ozzie would become boyfriends. No spoilers about what happens to them in the future!

So, what do you think? Did I wait too long? Is their taking almost a year after meeting to make it 'official' too long or is it realistic?

Oh wow, no you didn't make it unrealistic at all. Like I said before, CJ was right to turn Owen down in the first place. Most importantly he wasn't ready for a relationship, and expecting a teenage boy exploring his sexuality to commit to a long distance relationship would have likely been too much to ask. Plus CJ's fears of failing after seen two couples he was very close to breakup would definitely have made him shaky.

Reflecting back on it, CJ's whole world was obviously rocked by being rejected by his mom and stepdad, being kicked out of his home and not seeing his brother who he was very close to anymore. Not to mention friends. These men, his dads and all his uncles became his whole world, and seeing two of those couples dissolve had to make the stability he regained in D.C. rock a little. I assume all this happened even though it wasn't blatantly stated in the text all the time. Much like CJ's inner struggle to realize what this feeling for Owen was he was having. It's not unrealistic at all. In fact, I've had some of those same issues in my own life with my own relationship. The difference being that my boyfriend and I defined ourselves as exclusive and boyfriends but still haven't said "the three words" though I think we do love each other.

Anyway, when I said it took him too long, it was because he'd been having those sorts of feeling for a WHILE but was denying them even to his cousins like the day before he finally accepted Owen's offer. It was more just a comment on CJ's stubbornness, not on it being unbelievable. It was totally believable. The thing is, CJ easily risked losing Owen waiting so long. That would have been an unfortunate learning experience for him had that happened. I think Owen had quietly committed himself to CJ and was just waiting for him to acknowledge it. I could be wrong of course, I'm not the writer :P

• Like 3