Supreme Court Strikes Down Same-Sex Marriage Ban In 50 States

Yayy, my friends have set a date. :D I hadn't even been aware anything had changed until one of them called me. I guess one misses things when all she gets to watch is Cartoons. :P

• Like 2

Yay, Congrats to the everyone in the US not in one of our progressive states,we can all enjoy equality together!

Now we just need to get the rest of the country to say "Chowda" correctly, then it will be paradise :P

• Like 3

Yay, Congrats to the everyone in the US not in one of our progressive states,we can all enjoy equality together!

Now we just need to get the rest of the country to say "Chowda" correctly, then it will be paradise :P

Y'all don't know whatcher talkin' about.

-_-

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDZRjgWgnNM

It's a wonderful and historic day, but don't expect the battle to be over.  Just like with the issue of Civil Rights and abortion, the battle goes on long after the politicians and courts have spoken.  Just rejoice and celebrate this momentous occasion, but be prepared for the next attack to come.  

Beyond cool! The last time I felt this way...the Berlin Wall fell!

Kids...you are living history. Take it in. Its a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

Happy Equality Day!

062615+White+House+rainbow.jpg

• Like 1

And teach them how to pack the caaaa in the gaaage. Ok, so I totally screwed up the last word, but it was wicked fun writing it. :D

And don't think for a minute I'm making fun of you; I was born in Beantown and went to college there, and I would probably be still living there if I could.

But enough of that - CONGRATS to all for this monumental history-making event for all LGBT people. :)

• Like 1

i am sorry I don't really trust it...and it's only half what everyone seems to be making it out to be...

but then I am jaded, a realist and a pessamist... and yet i write Fantasy..... but then i have always taken the time will tell approach on every decision anyone other than myself makes.

or My friends say: That I don't even know how to be happy :P

Edited by Celethiel

i am sorry I don't really trust it...and it's only half what everyone seems to be making it out to be...

but then I am jaded, a realist and a pessamist... and yet i write Fantasy..... but then i have always taken the time will tell approach on every decision anyone other than myself makes.

or My friends say: That I don't even know how to be happy :P

"The war is never completely won. There are always new battles to be fought against the darkness. Only the names change. But we, we achieved everything we set out to achieve. We created something that will endure for a thousand years."

- Delenn, War Without End

I am equally jaded and pessimistic, but I am a Sci-fi writer, so even in the darkest dystopia and worst possible future outcomes, one must have hope that what is created by sacrificing tears and blood will be a better world than the one we live with today.

The war for equality will never end, in the next few decades I believe new debates will come about defining what is "man" and what is "woman" or what is human and so forth, some of us will choose to be on the wrong side of history in those debates despite our experiences, but that's the reality of human existence. (Some ideas I have begun playing with)

But even so, a victory has been won, equal to that of Brown v. Board of Education in the US. A clear signal has been raised that the world will soon accept that homosexuality and bisexuality are equal to heterosexuality.

Now if you don't mind me, I will be heading down to "Harvard" (Bostonian accent) for a sea breeze :P

summerbreeze-3.jpg

• Like 4

:D :D :D Rustle and James, I will happily dance with y'all, but you'll have to teach me how to! :D

Maybe we can get KC there too, and he can teach us all. One of his fantasies is teaching ballroom dancing.

Edited by rustle