3 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

And we are going to get Meryl Streep to play an iconic figure and screw up the accent so badly the entire nation cringes every time they think about it.

Well, she certainly had all of Denmark cringing when she played Karen Blixen: "I ooonce had a faaaarm in Aaaafrica." :pinch: 

• Like 4
On June 22, 2017 at 9:12 AM, LitLover said:

Chapter 22 has now been posted. I hope you like it :) 

Lit, :worship:.... You rock.. That was a great chapter in terms of growth and development of the characters...  I'm so ready for Unexpected..jus sayin, you know....cheep! 

@Bucket1 I loved your chapter comment.. Especially about Alek meeting his own criteria and deserving Liam... I agreed with everyone too.. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

Lit, :worship:.... You rock.. That was a great chapter in terms of growth and development of the characters...  I'm so ready for Unexpected..jus sayin, you know....cheep! 

@Bucket1 I loved your chapter comment.. Especially about Alek meeting his own criteria and deserving Liam... I agreed with everyone too.. 

Alek convincing Alek might be the hardest thing to do :)

• Like 4
On 6/22/2017 at 9:05 PM, Timothy M. said:

Well, she certainly had all of Denmark cringing when she played Karen Blixen: "I ooonce had a faaaarm in Aaaafrica." :pinch: 

I think he meant a real country! Denmark is just a region of Scandinavia. (That’s how it appears on my [game of] Risk board! That’s a geographically accurate map, right?)  ;-)

46 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

:pissed: 

but at least they put us in the right area...

Brother Finland is taking aim at me right now. Risk’s Scandinavia includes the Finnish peninsula as well as the Scandinavian and Danish peninsulas!

Oh, and the regions are not labeled separately, they’re all outlined in the same color. (The other Territories in Europe are Ukraine (European Russia plus Belarus, and Ukraine), Southern Europe (Italy, Greece, and I think European Turkey), Western Europe (France, Spain, and Portugal), Northern Europe (Germany and Poland), Great Britain (UK and Ireland), and Iceland.)

Edited by Former Member
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

:yes:  ... The man has a hard time believing he deserves Liam... guilt is a heavy, heavy weight to bear. When Alek came out, he fully expected it would cost him dearly... he resigned himself to that fact. He'd already lost Liam, and in his mind, it was a 'punishment' he deserved. I think Liam is tuned to that. He'll know what to do, I believe :huh: 

Liam probably does know Alek better than anyone, even if he felt like he lost closeness. :) 

• Like 5
Just now, LitLover said:

Yes, it is. It's going to be difficult for him to get past that... maybe hsrder than it was for Liam 

In some ways I see it as similar to Michael's guilt... he'll handle it, but he won't ever forget it... I see Liam getting him over that hump in the same kind of way that Kendall did... lot of talking and reassurance... guilt does recede. It just needs absolution... Liam could milk it, but I don't think he would... I don't know what you have planned, but I have a good read of your characters... and you always stay true to them :) 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Headstall said:

In some ways I see it as similar to Michael's guilt... he'll handle it, but he won't ever forget it... I see Liam getting him over that hump in the same kind of way that Kendall did... lot of talking and reassurance... guilt does recede. It just needs absolution... Liam could milk it, but I don't think he would... I don't know what you have planned, but I have a good read of your characters... and you always stay true to them :) 

I can see that.  Michael felt guilty for not owning up to his feelings over the years and Alek feels guilty for making Liam fee anything less than the most important thing in his life.  I foresee some conversations in their future 

• Like 4

OMG! :o We're actually discussing the story and not on a tangent? Has the world ended? :P 

Hehe, on a serious note, @LitLover and @Headstall I enjoyed your discussion on Alek. I think Alek will carry that guilt with him for a very long time, even after Alek and Liam fully repair their relationship (romantic or otherwise).

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

OMG! :o We're actually discussing the story and not on a tangent? Has the world ended? :P 

Hehe, on a serious note, @LitLover and @Headstall I enjoyed your discussion on Alek. I think Alek will carry that guilt with him for a very long time, even after Alek and Liam fully repair their relationship (romantic or otherwise).

Alek being humble about this might not be a bad thing 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Drew Espinosa said:

I think you're right, but guilt won't be a cloud over them... Alek is in the process of making amends even though he likely doesn't see it that way... if he wins Liam back, it will let him get over the hump :) 

• Like 4