2 minutes ago, LitLover said:

Since I'm out of town for the next couple of days (for the dreaded root canal) I need to buckle down and get the next chapter ready to send to Gary.  Must resist reading ... everything.  

Good luck. I didn't have any problems with mine. I'll read for you.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, LitLover said:

Even though he's had to step away for health reasons, Gary managed to come through for me and get this Chapter 21 edited in time for posting today.  He is my rockstar.  I hope you like it :) 

Loved it! :D Give a big hug to your rockstar editor for me! :hug: 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

He is a rockstar :)

17 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Loved it! :D Give a big hug to your rockstar editor for me! :hug: 

lol I'll be sure to let him know in my next email.  He was great to get this chapter to me in time.  I had no expectations, but his sense of duty wouldn't let him rest until it was done.  

• Like 5

I'll probably be ostracized for this, but being the mother of a 19 year old, I must give my unwanted opinion. -_- I have just finished reading 'Choices,' and I must ask...why in the heck do people have a problem with Alek? And what's with all this Nathan jazz? I did not get the impression that Nathan would be anything more than a friend to Liam. I might be wrong, but I think it takes more than being cute, and lending a comforting hand to qualify for boyfriend status. LOL And to defend Alek, I thought in the gay community there is not only understanding, but compassion for those who struggle with coming out. I know Liam was becoming impatient with Alek dragging his feet, and keeping the love of his life a secret, but many couples have endured things far worse than that. And who gives a shit about what Alek's family thinks? Like I was told when my mother-in-law insulted me, my aunt said, "That woman's shoes don't go under your bed at night, so who gives a damn what she thinks." LOL I'm not saying that it is right, but my goodness, you cannot be in a relationship and be a "it's all about me," kind of person. LOL If Liam would stop being so concerned about what his friends and his boss are up to all the damn time, or constantly worrying about other couples business, he could focus on his own. And Christ on a cracker! Cut Alek some slack. We all know life is not filled with rainbows and sunshine 24/7, and it's no different when you are in love. In a real relationship, there are ups and downs, which can sometimes end it, or strengthen it.. Alek and Liam hit a low, but they worked it out. I can see them facing more challenges, but hopefully grow from the experience and stick it out together.   

Sorry, but...this is why I don't watch soap operas, or binge watch dramas. I have gone through two bags of pork rinds, three bottles of sparking water, two bags of low sodium potato chips, all while reading this fantastic tale. :2thumbs: I will have to stock up on goodies and keep an eye out for the continuation. 

35 minutes ago, R J Drew said:

I'll probably be ostracized for this, but being the mother of a 19 year old, I must give my unwanted opinion. -_- I have just finished reading 'Choices,' and I must ask...why in the heck do people have a problem with Alek?

You, my lady, are officially my new favorite person. :worship::worship::worship: 

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 5

:blink:  :lmao:  I LOVED your rant @R J Drew  :yes: 

Did you read Unforgivable before you embarked on Choices ?  I think some of the heartbreak Liam suffered in his relationship with Alek was shown there. So Alek does have an uphill battle, not only with readers but with Liam's friends too. I think most people want him to succeed but some feel he's hurt Liam too badly, so they want Liam to move on.

In any case, it's great when a story elicits strong reactions. This happened with Unforgivable too, so I'd like to see your rant on that one. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

You, my lady, are officially my new favorite person. :worship::worship::worship: 

I'm not surprised. Drew. ;) But did you have to quote the WHOLE comment to express your :worship:  ? :rolleyes: 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 5
31 minutes ago, R J Drew said:

have gone through two bags of pork rinds, three bottles of sparking water, two bags of low sodium potato chips, all while reading this fantastic tale. :2thumbs: I will have to stock up on goodies and keep an eye out for the continuation. 

RJ I have to say you made my day with this rant :lol:   

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

LOL. I'm not surprised by your reaction.  You've been firmly a part of Team Alek from the beginning ;) 

• Like 5
Just now, Drew Espinosa said:

Yes, yes I did. ;) Altering such a masterpiece would be blasphemous! :P 

you'll get a like for this post, because it's funny. But not for the one which forces me to scroll and squint at my screen. :pinch: 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, R J Drew said:

I'll probably be ostracized for this, but being the mother of a 19 year old, I must give my unwanted opinion. -_- I have just finished reading 'Choices,' and I must ask...why in the heck do people have a problem with Alek? And what's with all this Nathan jazz? I did not get the impression that Nathan would be anything more than a friend to Liam. I might be wrong, but I think it takes more than being cute, and lending a comforting hand to qualify for boyfriend status. LOL And to defend Alek, I thought in the gay community there is not only understanding, but compassion for those who struggle with coming out. I know Liam was becoming impatient with Alek dragging his feet, and keeping the love of his life a secret, but many couples have endured things far worse than that. And who gives a shit about what Alek's family thinks? Like I was told when my mother-in-law insulted me, my aunt said, "That woman's shoes don't go under your bed at night, so who gives a damn what she thinks." LOL I'm not saying that it is right, but my goodness, you cannot be in a relationship and be a "it's all about me," kind of person. LOL If Liam would stop being so concerned about what his friends and his boss are up to all the damn time, or constantly worrying about other couples business, he could focus on his own. And Christ on a cracker! Cut Alek some slack. We all know life is not filled with rainbows and sunshine 24/7, and it's no different when you are in love. In a real relationship, there are ups and downs, which can sometimes end it, or strengthen it.. Alek and Liam hit a low, but they worked it out. I can see them facing more challenges, but hopefully grow from the experience and stick it out together.   

Sorry, but...this is why I don't watch soap operas, or binge watch dramas. I have gone through two bags of pork rinds, three bottles of sparking water, two bags of low sodium potato chips, all while reading this fantastic tale. :2thumbs: I will have to stock up on goodies and keep an eye out for the continuation. 

Oh, RJ... I loved this... you just earned the biggest hug :hug:  :D 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

you'll get a like for this post, because it's funny. But not for the one which forces me to scroll and squint at my screen. :pinch: 

Ooops... sorry, Tim... I'll do better next time ;) ...  I promise :P 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm pretty sure Drew, Gary, and I were the most vocal Alek supporters from the first chapter... :2thumbs:

You can toot mine, spikey ;) 

• Like 5